Group Plans Memorial Walkway For Caylee

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Who should pay for this?

I know you are not asking me, but from a logical point of view the landowner could/should try to change it. The landowner would have to become Orlando, no private landowner would be naive enough to allow it under their name, meaning Orlando or any group foolish enough, would have to purchase the land.

However, it is a swamp. That means a lot of plumbing would have to go in to divert the water, add solid foundation and soil, a lot of clean up, (more things I am not aware of as I do not do City Public Works) a lot of "constant and consistent" care if it is to be "public land" not "private land". Someone has to pay a load upfront and a load forever.

If it became "public land", which is the only way the landowner would do this is if Orlando bought it, (no land owner can take on the responsibility for safety and upkeep of public land), that equals Florida Tax Payers, for as long as it is "public land" which would equate to forever most likely.

That means constant checks and repairs on the elaborate water diversion, constant cleaning, mowing, police patrol, lighting, fencing, animal control for the critters and snakes, sidewalks cleared and usable, and more.

"Public land" equals Florida Tax Payers.

Who should pay for this?

If it's not tax payers of Orange County, Does it matter? My goodness it's not like being forced to "pay" for CFCA's defense, it's optional!

If through contributions/donors and someone is against it, don't contribute!

Simple as that!

..exactly.

..very briefly-----on the zahra baker thread here----(murdered/dismembered child in N.C.) the local kiwanis is building an addition to their existing park/playground to include apparatus for handi-capped children (as zahra was) benches, a plaque in memory of her...

..the community is whole-heartedly behind it.

..their have been golf tournaments/biker rides/mc'donalds gave $25,000 the other day , with an ongoing donation of every "happy meal" sale to come etc.

..families and their kids can come here to picnic and play.

..they are NOT building a shrine (or even a playground) out at the dump-site on dudley road where her remains were discovered.

..i personally think the suburban drive 'remains site' should be left alone, allowed to grow over naturally and return to it's former habitat.

..the kids at the school across the street need to FORGET a child's body was thrown away there-------not be constantly reminded.

BBM - If you have ever been there you would know it is grown over and returned to it's natural habitat! And It's still a smelly, dump/swamp with trash and a makeshift memorial of hundreds of items left to remember Caylee!

The kids at the school down the street can not forget the horrific crime if the horrific place where a child was found still looks and smells exactly like the dump it was in 2008, add in the makeshift memorial floating thru the swap, and it makes it pretty hard to forget!

I for 1 (as an Orlando resident) would prefer to have a beautiful place for reflection, rather than the horrific reminder that it is now!

bringkidshome website:

http://www.bringkidshome.org/

..it doesn't look like they're selling a ton of these bricks....

bricks.jpg

Thanks but I was talking about two different org's. One is Bringkidshome.org that you mentioned, and I've researched them up to my eyeballs, lol. The other is "bring the kids home" that was created on or about July 19th, 2011 and seems to be unrelated. It's registered with Sunbiz.org and is also related to finding missing kids according to their incorporation papers. Different directors tho, and I just can't find anything about this one. Some here commented that it's hinky that it was formed in July of this year, apparently around the same time the A's were forming their fund.

So that's why I was checking out this other org with almost an identical name.

:)

[/b]

BBM - If you have ever been there you would know it is grown over and returned to it's natural habitat! And It's still a smelly, dump/swamp with trash and a makeshift memorial of hundreds of items left to remember Caylee!

The kids at the school down the street can not forget the horrific crime if the horrific place where a child was found still looks and smells exactly like the dump it was in 2008, add in the makeshift memorial floating thru the swap, and it makes it pretty hard to forget!

I for 1 (as an Orlando resident) would prefer to have a beautiful place for reflection, rather than the horrific reminder that it is now!

..i do see your point.

..IMO-----it's the "makeshift memorial" that has to go. and then it can return to it's former state, even if that's a smelly/dump/swamp.

..what's the point of rain-soaked teddy bears and dead flowers?

..why not drop off a teddy bear to a children's centre, in memory OF caylee-------where a live child would actually appreciate it?

..personally----------even if the place was "prettied-up", i would not want to go there and 'reflect' on the death/murder of a child----------with an "illuminated halo" hanging over the spot where her body was torn apart by animals, and her gnawed on bones were found scattered around.

..the school kids WILL forget, if people go away and leave the place alone-----the current 'new trash' (memorial) or the future-----$200,000.00 spectacular.

..i do see your point.

..IMO-----it's the "makeshift memorial" that has to go. and then it can return to it's former state, even if that's a smelly/dump/swamp.

..what's the point of rain-soaked teddy bears and dead flowers?

..why not drop off a teddy bear to a children's centre, in memory OF caylee-------where a live child would actually appreciate it?

..personally----------even if the place was "prettied-up", i would not want to go there and 'reflect' on the death/murder of a child----------with an "illuminated halo" hanging over the spot where her body was torn apart by animals, and her gnawed on bones were found scattered around.

..the school kids WILL forget, if people go away and leave the place alone-----the current 'new trash' (memorial) or the future-----$200,000.00 spectacular.

At one point the A's did collect the stuffed animals, just before a storm, and donated them to needy children. People called them thieves. :waitasec:

If it's not tax payers of Orange County, Does it matter? My goodness it's not like being forced to "pay" for CFCA's defense, it's optional!

If through contributions/donors and someone is against it, don't contribute!

Simple as that!

Somehow the taxpayers always manage to pay. I don't live in Florida so the only point I'm making is to do your due diligence. Make sure these people are on the up and up. Do they have a track record or is everything so vague you can't find anything they can take credit for regarding missing children? If they are legitimate they will come forward and spread everything out on the table for Orange County officials. I mean, what's their track record. Surely they have one. Until they do that I'd be holding very tightly to my purse strings if I were the good people of Orange County.

They just came forward to make themselves known and already we can't find any reliable information on this charity. The more exposure they have the more the media will probe. jmo

Thanks but I was talking about two different org's. One is Bringkidshome.org that you mentioned, and I've researched them up to my eyeballs, lol. The other is "bring the kids home" that was created on or about July 19th, 2011 and seems to be unrelated. It's registered with Sunbiz.org and is also related to finding missing kids according to their incorporation papers. Different directors tho, and I just can't find anything about this one. Some here commented that it's hinky that it was formed in July of this year, apparently around the same time the A's were forming their fund.

So if this new organization wanted to make some money and put themselves out on the internet and someone wanted to donate money towards the memorial and just happened to bring this new charity up first.........well, you kinda get the picture. Something hinky, indeed.

Sometime adults get carried away. Wouldn't this be a constant reminder for decades to come. Spend the money on counseling these children if they want to do something. I would not want my child to have to pass that site every day and think about a mother who killed her child. Maybe they should rethink this and get a professional's thoughts about their project. Grief is about moving on with your life, not reminding children that this child died a tragic death. Invest the money in counseling for young mothers if they need to do something in Caylee's honor.

I know my view will get booos but I just think this is not a good idea. jmo

No boos from me - I agree with you completely.

..ok..sorry------i didn't realize there were 2 with similar names.

..in their articles of incorporation------the pres. g.parker has an email address listed....

http://www.sunbiz.org/pdf/10079831.pdf
--bring the kids home--

..it is odd that the cayleefund-----changed their article #3---from primarily grandparents rights, to 'some other long drawn out thing'.....

http://www.sunbiz.org/pdf/40154214.pdf
---cayleefund---Original Article 3-----july 19/2011

http://www.sunbiz.org/pdf/10391789.pdf
---cayleefund---Amended article 3---july 28/2011

So if this new organization wanted to make some money and put themselves out on the internet and someone wanted to donate money towards the memorial and just happened to bring this new charity up first.........well, you kinda get the picture. Something hinky, indeed.

Bring Kids home is not a new org. It was languishing as a FB page and website for a couple of years. There was no history of any work they had done. They had a promo for a Caylee Memorial - even a video done by <mod snip>, T Segura's son.

When EDV became involved, his memorial took over and the FB page was replaced. The new Caylee Memorial info was added to the website.

Hinky indeed, LC.

[/B]

Most of the children that were in the school in 2008 are gone, moved on to a higher grade level and another school. Children can forget if there is not a constant reminder that something horrific happened to a child here. I think if you were to ask a psychologist they might disagree with these plans and suggest something that will make children happy and not focus on the event.

I was not at the event on Tuesday but the people who were interviewed by the media were angry and sad. That will never change, never because the site is associated with Caylee being thrown away like trash.

It would be interesting to see if someone local could find out if this land is actually protected wetlands and will never be rezoned to build on. And all we are trying to say is watch your back because sometimes things are just not what they seem regardless of how good it looks on paper. jmo

At one point the A's did collect the stuffed animals, just before a storm, and donated them to needy children. People called them thieves. :waitasec:

..i'm not talking about after the fact.

..i'm referring to these people that drop off teddy bears and what not at the current trashy 'makeshift' memorial site-------THEY need to realize that it's ridiculous to toss a teddybear into an area where it's only going to get filthy and rained on.

..take it (themselves) to somewhere where a---live!--- child can play with it--------caylee cannot!

..i just seriously do not see the point of people coming around and hanging about at the spot where a dead child decomposed and rotted away.............now, or in the future.

..unfortunately that WAS the final resting place that---IMO--- kc chose for her -------go away, and leave it be.

Bring Kids home is not a new org. It was languishing as a FB page and website for a couple of years. There was no history of any work they had done. They had a promo for a Caylee Memorial - even a video done by <mod snip>, T Segura's son.

When EDV became involved, his memorial took over and the FB page was replaced. The new Caylee Memorial info was added to the website.

Hinky indeed, LC.

Thanks....it's confusing because we're talking about another group with an almost identical name that was formed this past July, about the time that the older group, Bringkidshome.org came out with their walkway plans. Yep, and the two could very well be confused with the other.

The other group, just formed last month, has no website or FB page...yet.

Thanks....it's confusing because we're talking about another group with an almost identical name that was formed this past July, about the time that the older group, Bringkidshome.org came out with their walkway plans. Yep, and the two could very well be confused with the other.

The other group, just formed last month, has no website or FB page...yet.

I certainly hope someone from the Orlando news media is researching this. This is just too weird. I guess I am just too suspicious because I'm thinking what if people sent checks to the wrong charity or what if Charity A runs them all through Charity B and then claims not to have gotten enough money to complete the project????

I don't even think I can think straight right now..... I hope there is a logical explanation for all this because I just don't get it???????? :banghead::banghead::banghead: jmo

How about just putting a giant dumpster there with a sign that read's " Children are not Trash".

Sounds better to me than adding a lovely "reflecting" area while pretending that a monster did not throw her child away there.

Just my opinion.

Take care, Robin

How about just putting a giant dumpster there with a sign that read's " Children are not Trash".

Sounds better to me than adding a lovely "reflecting" area while pretending that a monster did not throw her child away there.

Just my opinion.

Take care, Robin

As a matter of fact, I would prefer my tax dollar's going to signs that said "Children are Not Trash" on every dumpster as opposed to what is being proposed.

Just my opinion.

Take care, Robin

That really is not a bad idea. And if the people of Orange County would sincerely like to honor Caylee have volunteers put up a playscape at the school she would have attended this year. Puts no pressure on the children and they would all benefit from it. I know many families have done this for their loved one. It helps the community heal.

I also don't understand a "water reflection feature" when Mom has changed her story at the last minute to say Caylee drowned. jmo

The playscape or playground equipment sounds like a wonderful idea...

Plans for a Memorial Walkway on that empty lot sounds more like a Shrine and Worship place and that sounds wrong...

And don't forget that the concrete walkways will be built over the ground where Caylee's remains were found...It will be like walking over death...The feeling that you get when a person accidently walks over a resting place in a cemetary...

They should leave the empty lot alone...It is in essence more like a spiritual place...and it should be reverent as such...

That really is not a bad idea. And if the people of Orange County would sincerely like to honor Caylee have volunteers put up a playscape at the school she would have attended this year. Puts no pressure on the children and they would all benefit from it. I know many families have done this for their loved one. It helps the community heal.

I also don't understand a "water reflection feature" when Mom has changed her story at the last minute to say Caylee drowned. jmo

I think your idea is wonderful, LambChop. Unfortunately, and no disrespect to you, I think your idea is too simple and too on point for anybody in that area to grasp. Nothing against the people of Orange County, heck I was raised in Pinellas County.. But I think the people are so outraged that they think that they need something big. And as far as I am concerned, they want this big thing not to commemorate Caylee. But to express their outrage and the bigger the better because their outrage is huge.

Something as tasteful and beautiful that allows other children to enjoy, as you have suggested, doesn't befit their outrage.

The most cynical part of me thinks that some of the folks in that area are enjoying some of the attention. The walks on camera, The gathering around CA & GA to get camera time during the walk. A lovely idea like yours wouldn't get enough camera time as a big memorial would. It is unfortunate.

My appologies if i offended anyone. It is just the way I feel.

Take care, Robin

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE
Back