Group Plans Memorial Walkway For Caylee

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks
I see it is under contract ...but I still can't find it listed anywhere such as on Realtor.com, I wonder if the listing agent removed the listing prior to the sale agreement being finalized.

I searched the county records and the same individual from Winter Park FL has owned this parcel for many years, since 2006 at least.

I saw the listing just yesterday but I can't for the life of me find it now. Had a pic of the agent, said it was under contract. That's all I can remember, but there wasn't much there anyway. I'm still looking for it...not like me to fail to copy something but dang, I didn't.

I do believe this page has changed:

http://www.bringkidshome.org/camemorial.htm

Faqs are gone, and wording is changed to say if the "local neighborhood" doesn't want the memorial they'll build it elsewhere but that a " change in landscape is needed" ....due to the children who go by there daily.

Pics on the page have changed too.

ETA, I did find it online (I must be tired this morning)

http://bringkidshome.org/brickfaqs.htm

Yep, they finally zapped the two pics of their volunteers, namely Eddie DelValle with 5 volunteers. Guess it is now Eddie DelValle with one volunteer since Wally , his wife and two friends bailed out.:floorlaugh:

I saw the listing just yesterday but I can't for the life of me find it now. Had a pic of the agent, said it was under contract. That's all I can remember, but there wasn't much there anyway. I'm still looking for it...not like me to fail to copy something but dang, I didn't.

It is still under contract

http://myfloridahomemls.com/SiteContent/PropDetail.aspx?N=0&S=MFR&ID=31361963

I still think that the sale price of that 1/2 acre swamp lot is high since it is not exactly ready to build on..You can buy a nice house with lot in that neighborhood for about 20 to 30K more since the prices dropped about 50%. I just can not imagine that because of precious Caylee , it would be more valuable.

Once a listing goes under contract the status is changed to pending. It is then removed from all websites. (at least it's supposed to be) After the deal closes it will take about 10 days to 2 weeks for it to show up on the property appraisers website with the new info.

I don't think the deal will ever go thru and the money spent on the bricks in non refundable. So BKH will pocket all the donations. Easy way to make some money imo.

Remember also BKH had to put up escrow monies. I'm surprised the Realtor didn't ask for proof of funds. In my case since we were paying cash we had to show proof we had it.

Once a listing goes under contract the status is changed to pending. It is then removed from all websites. (at least it's supposed to be) After the deal closes it will take about 10 days to 2 weeks for it to show up on the property appraisers website with the new info.

I don't think the deal will ever go thru and the money spent on the bricks in non refundable. So BKH will pocket all the donations. Easy way to make some money imo.

Remember also BKH had to put up escrow monies. I'm surprised the Realtor didn't ask for proof of funds. In my case since we were paying cash we had to show proof we had it.

That is what I do not get. They will lose their escrow money when they default on the sales contract unless there were specific caveats like no permit/zoning change etc.
I doubt if they sold that many bricks exceeding the escrow money. It is not like the Anthonys with their pickle jars and practically untraceable cash donations.
BTW Eddie DelValle , as a director of BKH, states that the brick donations are 100% refundable. Still many folks will not pursue it in small claims court, since the hassle is more expensive than getting your 80 bucks back. Especially if out of state or out of the country.
General donations to BKH would not be refundable since they constitute non refundable gifts.

Perhaps the seller is financing it?

When an offer is made on a property it's between the seller and buyer what is put down as earnest money--I vaguely recall the 'usual' amount would be 10% BUT it could be anything agreed upon, even if it's $10. So who knows how much the buyer could lose if the deal doesn't close.

I would assume that there would be contingencies stating that if zoning isn't approved, the deal is off. But if the seller is wise he didn't write the contract with any contingencies and if he didn't then BKH would probably be committed to close. Thing is, we don't know what, if any, contingencies there were in the contract. But if there were no such contingencies, then I would suspect that BKH might be stuck with closing on the property and if so, that may be the reason they've stated that something else might be put on the site if the neighbors don't want the memorial. I'm guessing here. lol

When an offer is made on a property it's between the seller and buyer what is put down as earnest money--I vaguely recall the 'usual' amount would be 10% BUT it could be anything agreed upon, even if it's $10. So who knows how much the buyer could lose if the deal doesn't close.

I would assume that there would be contingencies stating that if zoning isn't approved, the deal is off. But if the seller is wise he didn't write the contract with any contingencies and if he didn't then BKH would probably be committed to close. Thing is, we don't know what, if any, contingencies there were in the contract. But if there were no such contingencies, then I would suspect that BKH might be stuck with closing on the property and if so, that may be the reason they've stated that something else might be put on the site if the neighbors don't want the memorial. I'm guessing here. lol

BBM - Okay, hypothetically thinking here. So BKH might have to put something else there. Since it is zoned residential I am inclined to think it would have to be a house. I can't imagine the cost of getting this swamp land prepared to have a home built on it but okay. I also can't imagine purchasing a house sitting on the piece of swamp land with the history this one has. JMO but this is not a sound financial investment. If they were to go ahead with this residential development they could name it Swampland Heights. Hypothetic of course.

I would think if it were a Seller Financing with so much down let's say 20%, then it should close in a few weeks? Even at 10%? There shouldn't/wouldn't be that much paper work?

What about contract for deed. Seller accepts so much down, and then gives buyer a QC?

BBM ~ How would BKH be stuck if they don't have the funds to purchase or can not obtain financing?

What about a pre approval letter? I think most Realtors ask for a pre approval now days so their time isn't wasted.

Also, since there won't be a home built on the property, then there will be no homestead exemption.

I guess a McDonald's could be built there with a "dedicated playground" lol

I'm sitting here this morning a bit muddle headed on my second cup of coffee which hasn't yet kicked in and wondering about the whole thrust of the Caylee Anthony Foundation and this memorial really is.

Those of us who are here and I think it's fair to say - thousands or millions out there believe Caylee was murdered by her mother and tossed away like so much garbage.

But if the Anthony's and the BKH org are following the "official" case - then Caylee wasn't a missing child at all. She was a child who died by accident and shamefully her mother lacked the courage to acknowledge this accident and digustingly dumped her body in a swamp instead of holding a decent burial for her child. So this is what they want public acknowledgement for? What???

So it is this act the Anthony's and BKH are memorializing? Seriously? I understand and you understand the concept of a memorial brick or some kind of discreet gesture to honour Caylee.

I'm not sure why the bizarreness of the Anthony's and BKH concept of a memorial for Caylee struck me this morning.... :banghead::banghead:

There has to be something about that property that maybe the A's want. Their histronics about 'the woods' and then the infamous secret code about ZFG that matches up with surrounding property; not to mention that Caylee was found there-My bad, her shell-Cruelest, most deplorable wording I have ever heard in my life in describing not only a baby, but their own blood that they claimed to have loved-there has to be something about that stretch of land they have to have. That area hasn't been developed since Royal Oaks inception. What makes BKH think they are going to do something there with only $200,000? That wouldn't begin to dredge the land or remove the trees, never mind about fighting for permits, paying for attorneys. I also thought about Lippservice on this. He is actually a Real Estate attorney-I'd have to check my notes, but could almost swear Lippservice had an in with another attorney up in the MA area that also has a foundation that links right back to the A's.:banghead:

Added: Could this 'idea' have something to do with what LA said a long time ago-Something about- Is this like the last time?' Is there something else in those woods nobody wants to own up to again?

Does anyone have that photo of the champ? The one we saw on BKH website in the beginning. Please and thank you!

I suspect NOTHING will ever be built on this particular spot of ground because of an inability to secure a building permit. One of the toughest approval processes for a permit in Florida is from the Water Management Board. Low lying wet lands are zealously guarded by these district boards for a good reason. They are one of the principle collection points for our underground aquifier where, virtually, all of Florida's potable water originates. With the surrounding density of homes, I would tend to believe that if this spot of ground was buildable, it would already have a house on it.

The days of filling in a swamp in Florida for some type of construction project are pretty much a thing of the past.

I suspect NOTHING will ever be built on this particular spot of ground because of an inability to secure a building permit. One of the toughest approval processes for a permit in Florida is from the Water Management Board. Low lying wet lands are zealously guarded by these district boards for a good reason. They are one of the principle collection points for our underground aquifier where, virtually, all of Florida's potable water originates. With the surrounding density of homes, I would tend to believe that if this spot of ground was buildable, it would already have a house on it.

The days of filling in a swamp in Florida for some type of construction project are pretty much a thing of the past.

EXACTLY! :razz:

There has to be something about that property that maybe the A's want. Their histronics about 'the woods' and then the infamous secret code about ZFG that matches up with surrounding property; not to mention that Caylee was found there-My bad, her shell-Cruelest, most deplorable wording I have ever heard in my life in describing not only a baby, but their own blood that they claimed to have loved-there has to be something about that stretch of land they have to have. That area hasn't been developed since Royal Oaks inception. What makes BKH think they are going to do something there with only $200,000? That wouldn't begin to dredge the land or remove the trees, never mind about fighting for permits, paying for attorneys. I also thought about Lippservice on this. He is actually a Real Estate attorney-I'd have to check my notes, but could almost swear Lippservice had an in with another attorney up in the MA area that also has a foundation that links right back to the A's.:banghead:

Added: Could this 'idea' have something to do with what LA said a long time ago-Something about- Is this like the last time?' Is there something else in those woods nobody wants to own up to again?

I've wondered that, too. Another skeleton? Excuse me, shell of a person who is in heaven so it doesn't matter what was done to their body?

Wonder if anyone else "drowned in the family pool."

BTW, we bought property a few years ago with the intention of building. It turns out that it's "wetland" and we would have had to have paid a lot for "wetland mitigation." This was before the housing bubble popped, but it was still less expensive to buy a new house. Which we did, and now we have some Florida swamp land for sale if anyone wants it.:seeya:

I've wondered that, too. Another skeleton? Excuse me, shell of a person who is in heaven so it doesn't matter what was done to their body?

BTW, we bought property a few years ago with the intention of building. It turns out that it's "wetland" and we would have had to have paid a lot for "wetland mitigation." This was before the housing bubble popped, but it was still less expensive to buy a new house. Which we did, and now we have some Florida swamp land for sale if anyone wants it.:seeya:

BBM
The Anthony's may be interested. Great Christmas gift to give to their MOTY murdering daughter.

A bit O/T, but it ties in a bit. I think this man out of MA. was the one who 'heads up' in name only, the Caylee Fund. I cannot remember if he is an attorney, but I think he is a real estate developer and I do think there is a compatibility of business relations w/Lipservice since he is a real estate attorney and the A's Man Friday it seems. Land on Suburban-Place A into B then into C and so forth. This is how I see it.

All this memorial talk sort of reminds me of the old days when scam artists would try and sell swamp land with the guise of building beautiful lakeside condos in sunny FL. Those never materialized either and money gone like a fart in the wind along with the scammers.

Could be. The way the lies and deceptions swirl in that family, there's no telling if perhaps that other supposed pregnancy could have wound up down there too-that one seems to tie in with the search for stomach problems and/or stomach injury. Never bought CA's excuse for that enternet search for her so called friend. No telling if there is a deceased ex boyfriend, ex girlfriend or whatever in that area either. I know, it's a very sad and frightening subject, but one will never really know what other kinds of horrors, if any, went on in that swamp area. I just do not trust any of the players when it comes to degredation and unlawful behavior in that area.

I don't have a clue how building this so called memorial will help the 900 children who pass by that area each day, unless it is to scare some of them half to death that they too could wind up like Caylee. This is the wrong way to immortalize a little girl who was taken away too soon, it sends very mixed messages. Unfortunately, Caylee is not the only child who lost her life. There should be a better understanding of the situation and a viable means to memorialize her and the many other children who are either deceased or living in deplorable conditions. Give to an established charity of your choice in her name if one wishes, but do not allow the A's or their 'groupies' the right to make another dollar for their inflated egos, that's what is really all about, egos and a half assed brainstorm of an idea to make a quick buck.

BBM...Big Momma, thar's gold in them thar hills...

Anything to keep Caylee's name in the news, and not for good reasons, their own $elf $erving reasons. Just like Leonard P, they want free publicity and press. You could not buy the coverage they've received over the years - and if a few folks feel sorry for them and it leads to them clicking the donate button - they'll take it, every penny, 500K only goes so far you know.

BBM...Big Momma, thar's gold in them thar hills...

Anything to keep Caylee's name in the news, and not for good reasons, their own $elf $erving reasons. Just like Leonard P, they want free publicity and press. You could not buy the coverage they've received over the years - and if a few folks feel sorry for them and it leads to them clicking the donate button - they'll take it, every penny, 500K only goes so far you know.

I laugh and wonder about this $500,000 'donation' that probably went by way of 1 attorney's office in accruments over a few years time=$100,000 every year for let's say 5 years , he was with the A's when they booked onto Dr. Phil, probably helped with all the contract agreements & surely the Jeep was an incentive since one of the Dr's buddies 'donated' it. What gets me is there is a few $100k floating around-and the A's didn't buy the property outright and then bring someone else in to do their bidding of a memorial? This just screams of a pyramid scheme, 'you use us, we use you' type of thought process and everyone makes a % with the A's right out front for their bigger coup because there is 3 or is it 4 foundations that have Caylee's name on them. I'd imagine someone with a bit of a brain figured this all out because ol' CA would have been cut off from her neverending disability if she went $1.00 over what is allowable income.

As for LP, if he knew anything good to bring to the trial, he would have had that lip of his zipped until the appropriate time and place where it was needed. He blew himself out of the water for a few measly bucks and that 15 minutes of fame. He changes stories like I change underwear - the strangest thing he ever did was defend the parents. A good detective would not allow any kind of sympathy to get in the way of a proper investigation and I believe this happened a lot, only because of - well, look who everybody was dealing with. TM caught on early, LP might have too, but he allowed himself to be swallowed up by the glamour of tv and what he fell into only benefitted him-for 15 minutes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid
Back