***GUILTY*** Mark Sievers - 1st Degree Murder & Conspiracy

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm rewatching some of the State's closing argument on CTV and the visual aids presented by Hamid Hunter were PERFECT! It's one thing to sit and listen to someone speak, but an added visual will always enhance the piece of information you want to emphasize. I'd be interested to hear the jury's opinions on both sides' closers, but it would be excellent for the trial lawyers to know if the graphics helped to imprint the info.

Random note: you know how things happen in threes? Before this, men named Hunter weren't having a good week at all. Nice to see a winner!
Hunter Biden + Duncan Hunter = beginning of a losing streak - broken by Hamid Hunter!

My wife and reflected back almost 4-1/2 years ago when she called me over to watch the sad news of our doctor's murder on TV. We were shocked and stunned since I had just seen Dr. Sievers a month prior.

Tonight I called out to my wife when they were announcing that a verdict was reached and she came running in from outside. This time it was high fives, but then we both had sadness watching the family exit the courtroom and angry that this whole thing even happened.

It took a lot of hard work but they finally got the Big Tuna along with his bumbling, idiotic minnows. I hope they all rot in hell.

I'm so sorry you lost Teresa as your doctor. I can imagine how awful it was for you and your wife.

Dr. Teresa Sievers was so special from all I've heard. This verdict must, I hope, bring you and your wife some peace now.

My doctor is a young woman, married, with two children she had during the time she's been my doctor. I pray my doctor's husband is a good man and treats her right-- not like the selfish, greedy, murderous Mark. Such betrayal is heartbreaking for all people learning of this case.

He wanted to go home today. They say home is where the heart is, but where's that when Mark has no heart.

Putting this here so I can shorten it up for the penalty phase!

Wednesday, December 4th:
*Trial continues (Day 9)-VERDICT REACHED! (@ 8:30am ET) – FL – Dr. Teresa Ann Grace Sievers (46) (June 29, 2015, Bonita Springs) – *Mark D. Sievers (50) arrested & charged (2/26/16) & indicted (5/4/16) with 1st degree premeditated murder & conspiracy to commit 1st degree premeditated murder. Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP.
Trial began on 11/12/19 with jury selection, opening statements started on 11/20. Trial expected to last 5 weeks. Jury: 9 women & 3 men, with 2 alternates (1 is a man). Trial ended on 12/4/19 with closing arguments & jury started deliberations.
Jury selection 11/12/19 thru 11/19/19 (Day 1-6) & Trial info 11/20/19 to 12/3/19 (Day 1-8) reference post #855 here:
Mark Sievers Livestream Trial Thread -Days 5-8

12/4/19 Day 9: Sievers will not be testifying. Judge & attorneys going over jury instructions before jury brought in. Defense again speaking to the judge again why he thinks there should be a judgment of acquittal. The motion for judgement of acquittal was denied by Judge Kyle again. Jurors in. Defense rests. Each side requested 2-3 hours to give their closing presentation. Closing arguments: State by Hunter Hamid. (done in about an hour). Michael Mummert for the defense. Break. The judge asks each side how much time they would need for a penalty phase of the trial if Sievers is convicted & it gets to that point. The defense & prosecution each said they would need one day for the penalty phase if it got there. State rebuttal by Assistant State of Attorney Cynthia Ross. Jury instructions read by Judge. The jury can find Sievers guilty of first-degree murder, second-degree murder, manslaughter or not guilty. Deliberations began at 2:10pm ET. After about 2 hours of deliberations jurors have a question. Jury is asking for 2x2 post it notes. The judge said he'll go get some them and have them delivered to the jurors. And they are back to deliberations. And another question. The jurors are wondering how they deal with ending for the day and want to contact family for pick up. He'll send them back again to use their phones and quickly contact family members about rides. Then Judge is letting the jury decide how late they want to stay to deliberate. Jurors will not be sequestered. The jury writes a note to the judge saying they will stay here until 6:30. They'll come back tomorrow morning at 8:30 if a verdict isn't reached @ 6:30pm. VERDICT reached about 6:20pm - deliberations about 4 hours & 10 minutes. The jury finds Sievers guilty of first degree murder & conspiracy to commit murder. Sievers to be held no bond. He'll be back for sentencing phase to begin next Tuesday, 12/10. The defense has waived sequestration during the next phase of the trial and the jurors will be asked to return Tuesday.
*Jimmy Ray Rodgers (28) – Trial 10/23/19: Jury found Rodgers guilty of second degree murder, not guilty of conspiracy, guilty of trespassing. Sentencing on 12/12. Motion for new trial-denied.
*Curtis Wayne Wright, Jr. (41) arrested (10/14/15) & charged (10/20/15) & indicted (5/5/16) with 2nd degree premeditated murder. Plead not guilty. No bond.
Took plea deal (2/26/16) plead guilty to 2nd degree murder; serving 25 years, waives all rights to appeal. Will testify at trials. Sentencing on 12/2 has been continued to 2/10/20.

Just watched the verdict. Teresa's family hugging each other and then hugging the state attorneys at the end was so moving. ASA Ross just held and rocked Teresa's mother for a moment. Such a little woman with such a heartbreaking burden to carry. I hope this verdict relieves some of that heaviness in her heart. RIP Dr. Teresa.

Thank You to the State's Prosecution Team. You managed to get this Guilty Verdict in a very clean, concise way. Impressive.

ASA Hunter Hamid presented the Closing Statements in such a clear, steady pace and direction. I loved the visual charts too. He did a wonderful job on Closing. His starting out with the sacred bond of marriage made us all think about the trust we place in a spouse. Mark betrayed every single thing that is sacred within a marriage and the family home.

ASA Cynthia Ross came through strong in this trial. Yesterday she impressed us all with her sharp intellect on cross with the financial planner witness. Today she step by step led the jurors on how to put those puzzle pieces together.

We were all a little worried it might not be enough, but today was perfect in tying it all together.
Smart Jury, Thank You too.

I haven’t followed his trial as closely as I would have liked but I’m so glad the jury got it right ! After what happened In Tally with Dan Ms murder I was afraid !!
JMO
I couldn't follow this as closely as the Frazee trial....just too exhausted....but so happy to see this outcome.

I guess it's Suicide Watch for Mark tonight.....no sheets, no shoelaces, flashlight in his face every 15 minutes.

Breaks my heart!!

Last edited:
I don't think he will get death. JMO. Just because the other 2 didn't. And he didn't swing the hammer.

I am not sure. CWW plead to 2nd degree murder so death is off the table. JRR convicted of 2nd degree so no death. MS hatched the plan and asked CWW to do the deed-- jury could have convicted for 2nd degree but choose 1st degree. They returned their verdict pretty fast. I guess we will see. But, I do hope that MS never walks the streets again.

Great Juxtaposition by Court TV

12/4/19 Victim's Family in Tears After Verdict - Court TV

Teresa's family hugging, while Mark is getting finger-printed.

In that video, the grey haired guy with glasses can't stop looking at MS. He takes off his glasses and watches MS, puts the glasses on, is rubbing his hands until he is distracted by Teresa Siever's best friend. The rest of the family is focused on comforting each other. The gamut of responses there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
upstairsmeow
Back