GUILTY GUILTY OF ABUSE OF A CORPSE ONLY OH - Annabelle Richardson, newborn, found in grave 7 May 2017 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Angenette Levy‏Verified account @Angenette5
Angenette Levy Retweeted ************

I don't know

Angenette Levy added,

********* @***********
Replying to @Angenette5 @dewgal63 @Local12
Why didn’t the prosecution put the mother on the stand to explain this text? She was on their witness list.
6:36 AM - 11 Sep 2019

ETA: Reporter response to question everybody asking...

I haven't followed as close as you all - but is she in custody? I swear she needs to be hospitalized and given some IV or something - I don't have a good feeling about her IMO

Caveat that I'm not a doctor. She looks emaciated but I've seen a lot of anorexics and she's not close to death. They can survive a long time much more critically thin than her.

It can take years for the heart to give out. Just Google Eugenia Cooney. She was concentration camp skeletal for years. Just finally was hospitalized.

Karen Carpenter was 32 when she died after so many years of starving, laxatives, etc.

poor poor skylar. she is not the victim here her baby is

Both can be to some degree. Of course 18 years has agency and choices and power that 8 minutes never could. I really get that. But Skylar's victimhood can be a mitigator. The law allows that for a reason.

However, sadly, as @stmarysmead so eloquently pointed out earlier, that mitigation only ever seems to benefit girls like Skylar. And not those who don't look like her or have her privilege.

It's an inequity in our system.

(......)

With regards to the case:
Women who hide their pregnancy fit a certain psychological profile.
Some women who hide their pregnancy commit neonaticide.
Some women who hide their pregnancy have stillbirths.
BSR fits the psychological profile.
Therefore, BSR committed neonaticide. <--- This is not a valid conclusion, since she could've suffered a stillbirth instead.

Exactly. The fact that Skylar fits the profile of a mother who commits neonaticide is entirely irrelevant if Skylar's baby was stillborn.

Also, I don't think Skyler necessarily fits the profile of "baby concealer" in any case. She didn't know with certainty she was pregnant until 11 days before she gave birth, and she was told she had weeks left in her pregnancy.

Does not telling anyone she was pregnant for 11 days make her a baby concealer?

Caveat that I'm not a doctor. She looks emaciated but I've seen a lot of anorexics and she's not close to death. They can survive a long time much more critically thin than her.

It can take years for the heart to give out. Just Google Eugenia Cooney. She was concentration camp skeletal for years. Just finally was hospitalized.

Karen Carpenter was 32 when she died after so many years of starving, laxatives, etc.
That's a good point - I've only seen them when they are close to death - she just looks like she has no fat - her shoulders are like a hanger. thanks

If you go to Law and Crime the defense is taking out a lot of stuff from their case that was not testified too.

Reactions: byo
I continue to believe the baby was stillborn. I do believe many statements she made were coerced by LE. I believe BSR is a pleaser raised for 18 years under an excruciating controller. I don't believe she hated this baby - I simply believe she did not know what to do. I actually give her credit for burying the baby rather than discarding it with the towels.

And, I kinda take offense to the prom queen remark.

But no matter what I think... What are these jurors thinking???

^^bbm

Not even defense expert saying BSR was "coerced." More like Detective tried to convince or implant a memory-- but not coerce her.

co·erce

/kōˈərs/
verb
past tense: coerced; past participle: coerced
  1. persuade (an unwilling person) to do something by using force or threats.
    "they were coerced into silence"
    synonyms: pressure, pressurize, bring pressure to bear on, use pressure on, put pressure on, constrain, lean on, press, push; More

• obtain (something) by using force or threats.
      "their confessions were allegedly coerced by torture"
bbm

From Oxford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics