GUILTY on all 3 Counts!!! Post-Verdict Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosh, WS is playing tricks on me today! So slow and things not posting correctly :(

Just wanted to wish you all a Happy Mother's Day!

I have seen so much compassion, support and love expressed on this thread, you guys remind me of how good most people in this world truly are... and provide some much needed balance to the other knowledge, that there are monsters like MR who walk among us, so often unnoticed. Thank you!

Wishing everyone a beautiful day - hug your kids, hug your Mom and make this day count!

I feel fortunate that I am close enough to Woodstock to attend the vigil next Saturday evening, and my DH is coming, too. He hasn't followed this trial, except thru tidbits from me... but we have a granddaughter Tori's age, and I believe he feels, as do I, that there but for the grace of God... And if any solace can be granted to Tori's family by the sheer numbers of people there to wish Tori a final farewell, then... we will be there.

That's interesting, because not more than a week ago there was a comment here about: "where's the proof that he was ever into *advertiser censored* ... errr ... kiddie snuff films?"

if you knew him, I'm curious about what he talked about ... like what kind of things he said ... what his general attitude and tone was like. I'm curious how a slimey guy like that had women climbing the poles to support him.

I didn't know him. I think you're confusing me with the poster who replied to that post.

I couldn't get on her for awhile and pages were taking forever to load. Seems fine now. Happy Mother's Day.

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms!

A special Happy Mother's Day to Tara and her mom! I hope Tara has a little bit of peace in her heart today, I know Tori will be with her and wrapping her angel wings around her.

Happy Mother's Day all!!

I hope Tara's mother's day is happier this year!

At some point he will have to end the denial and come to terms with what he did. Whimpering at his sentencing like he did at his interrogation would be a start. If he ever wants to get out on parole, he'll have to feign remorse at his parole hearing.

Do think tho that he will be able to do that? Psycopaths do not care about anyone but themselves, they have no compassion, they do not feel remorse, they're missing something in their brain chemistry that makes them unable to feel those things. They feel they are justified in what they do and that it is everyone else but themselves that are wrong. I don't think he will ever come to terms with what he he did. Granted, he hasn't been diagnosed by a qualified psychiatrist yet, but I believe Det. Smyth when he said that he'd met a psychopath in MR.

And I doubt they would ever let a psychopath like MR out on parole! I don't think you can fix psychopath sadistic pedophile KILLERS! JMO

HAPPY

Mother's

DAY​

:fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks:​

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XBiLigtRHM&list=PLBCA8EB8A742EC860&index=11&feature=plpp_video"]Over the Rainbow (Christian Lyrics) Rhema 8 yr old Gospel singer - Plz Share - YouTube[/ame]

Happy mother's day to everyone. I hope Tara feels some peace this year, days like these must be extremely hard.

Read a couple of the articles about Kingston pen, sounds like a perfect place for MR, vile and disgusting.

I am sad that I am not going to be able to attend the vigil, I will be 3 hours away next week, I wish I could be there.

I wonder if there will be a lot of members of the public attending the sentencing on Tuesday?

http://www.cp24.com/servlet/an/loca...dstock_News_Conference/20120512/?hub=CP24Home

I hope this link takes you to the Mayor of Woodstock and how he explains the long healing route ahead of his town...It also has another 2 audio from the Head of the Woodstock Police commission...and he thanked all the people who helped get the comviction and talks a bout the early days of the aduction of Poor Tori .Unfortunately they all felt they would find Tori alive during the first month of the investiagation... I found this report kind of soothing as we have all felt such great stress for so long....I hope this works as it is my 3rd attempt at posting it....I too had difficulties on this web site this morning seems fine now ...hugs to all my friends I have met here again...robynhood...xxxoo ..Happy Mother's day I just got and an awesome flower wrapped in Lindt chocolate from my sons and a sweet card..I bought some beautiful purpple perenials to plant in my garden...Smile purple has always been my fav. colour but even more so now!..the flowers will bloom each year to remind of our beautiful angel Tori....we shall NEVER forget you tori ..you have touched so many hearts ...have a nice day fellow sleuthers ...again tweeting rockin robyn...thanks to Silly billy ...or was it swede who sent me that cute youtube video here ????...my brain still feels numb..hmmm...

did anyone else notice on MTR's interrogation video he seemed to display two different personalities...one with the first detective in which he behaved very childlike in his speech, curled up with the blanket, whiney. THEN with Det Smyth who was tougher with him he seemed to switch to a darker more malevolent personality. Not saying he is multiple personalities or anything but did notice when he was darker, he sat up straighter, was more snippy and cocky, and more focused. His facial expressions were darker and his eyes more piercing. MOO

Just a guess but i would think just trying to stay sane LOL TV, books and wrtiting materials are allowed. The small confinement must be harrowing. Described as being in a closet with a light bulb over your head. I like it!!!!!

How does one survive without speaking to anyone? Can they have conversations with others around them (quality people you know)? I imagine not many people will be visiting him. MOO.

I wasn';t notified by the health unit I was notified by the detectives. Sorry just woke up

so sorry for what you have been through; this whole thing must seem very surreal to you.

obviously you didn't know what he was capable of but I was wondering. Did you notice that he seemed different at various times, a change in personality. Did anything about him make your spidey senses tingle?? Or make you scratch your head? :moo:

How does one survive without speaking to anyone? Can they have conversations with others around them (quality people you know)? I imagine not many people will be visiting him. MOO.

I heard that Russel Williams wife regularly visits him. (ex-wife?) Or at least she did.

Sounds like at Kingston it is not a very pleasant place as per that article where the reporter went to visit the j wing and the inmates were tossing urine and such at the plexiglass and screaming. I am guessing that many have severe mental health problems and have gone down hill since incarceration.:moo:

Do think tho that he will be able to do that? Psycopaths do not care about anyone but themselves, they have no compassion, they do not feel remorse, they're missing something in their brain chemistry that makes them unable to feel those things. They feel they are justified in what they do and that it is everyone else but themselves that are wrong. I don't think he will ever come to terms with what he he did. Granted, he hasn't been diagnosed by a qualified psychiatrist yet, but I believe Det. Smyth when he said that he'd met a psychopath in MR.

And I doubt they would ever let a psychopath like MR out on parole! I don't think you can fix psychopath sadistic pedophile KILLERS! JMO
Well, it's a condition for getting parole to show remorse, apologize and promise to rehabilitate, even if the prisoner is actually not guilty. THat would be tough for someone wrongly convicted, but necessary to get parole. In Raffery's case, there's no way he would get parole if he didn't show remorse, so he would have to fake it to get the parole board's sympathy. After 25 years, if he wanted out bad enough, he might just finally tell the truth and ask forgiveness. But in my mind, what he did can never be forgiven.

Derstine said something interesting in his post-verdict inteview, listen at 1:47:

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/raffertytrial/2012/05/12/19749931.html

He didn't answer the question, "Do you think at the end of the day you were still right about him, that he was just the stooge that was driving the car?" I don't believe Derstine believed any of it, but was just suggesting that as a defence. In my opinion, his lawyer had no doubt that Rafferty was guilty, but was just very ably going through the motions of defending him. I even think that he submitted the lone defence witness to ensure the Crown would have the last say. It's one thing to defend a killer and lose, but quite another to win. If the jury had got it wrong and failed to find Rafferty guilty on all counts, I don't think Derstine would have been smiling.

Happy mother's day to everyone. I hope Tara feels some peace this year, days like these must be extremely hard.

Read a couple of the articles about Kingston pen, sounds like a perfect place for MR, vile and disgusting.

I am sad that I am not going to be able to attend the vigil, I will be 3 hours away next week, I wish I could be there.

I wonder if there will be a lot of members of the public attending the sentencing on Tuesday?

I am I think. :) if anyone wants to meet up let me know :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lizakind