GUILTY on all 3 Counts!!! Post-Verdict Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
how will MTR's life look like for the next 25 years..and longer?
Now i am trying to find infos about life in prison. Will he be in Max Security? Single cell or will he be with others in one cell?
Is he in Kingston now? Where did he stay during the trial?

I am so glad and thankful that I don't know a thing about courtrooms and prison life... now I just like to know in which ways MTR is going to pay for that what he did. How will his life look like?:banghead:

So, if I understand correctly, there won't be any surprises tomorrow - three life sentences, no eligibility of parole for 25 - the judge doesn't have any control over concurrent vs. consecutive, does he? It will be concurrent?

I don't imagine there will be any remorse. I noted TLM threw up during the victim impact statements at her trial; don't think this freak will show anything.

I hope someone asks the LFP stream if Smyth is there; the victim impact statements will probably bounce right off him, but I'm sure the sight of Smyth waving bye-bye will really burn.

how will MTR's life look like for the next 25 years..and longer?
Now i am trying to find infos about life in prison. Will he be in Max Security? Single cell or will he be with others in one cell?
Is he in Kingston now? Where did he stay during the trial?

I am so glad and thankful that I don't know a thing about courtrooms and prison life... now I just like to know in which ways MTR is going to pay for that what he did. How will his life look like?:banghead:

This article is a good example of what life for MR will be like....
A visit to hell in Bernardo Wing

Know what?" I said to my guide. "I would rather take a needle in the arm than live like that."

"Just be thankful," said my guide, "that we no longer have capital punishment in this country."

http://www.ottawamenscentre.com/news/20050621_bernardo.htm

The great part about the overflow room is there was one camera constantly on Rafferty. Depending on where you sit in the Courtroom one may not have a clear shot of him.

can you tell me what courtroom it will be in?

did anyone else notice on MTR's interrogation video he seemed to display two different personalities...one with the first detective in which he behaved very childlike in his speech, curled up with the blanket, whiney. THEN with Det Smyth who was tougher with him he seemed to switch to a darker more malevolent personality. Not saying he is multiple personalities or anything but did notice when he was darker, he sat up straighter, was more snippy and cocky, and more focused. His facial expressions were darker and his eyes more piercing. MOO

Yes, definitely noticed.

He also did the same thing very briefly when sexual assault was mentioned by the first detective, but the first detective's approach was to try to make him feel at ease, so he immediately started talking about something else. MR obviously couldn't bear to be made fun of or challenged (notice how whiny he was to the first detective about being "barked at"?) but Smyth seemed to be using this to his own advantage, shoving the facts in his face and poking and taunting him. It was fascinating to watch. I think both of the detectives did a great job, even if they didn't get a confession out of him.

Edited to add: Just read the article Matou posted -- Smyth is so cool. I'm totally intrigued by his work.

can you tell me what courtroom it will be in?

I would assume it's still the Courtroom on the 14th floor. You go thru 2 security checks. One downstairs. You could ask then if it's still on the 14th floor. If so take the 3rd elevator up. It is designated to go to 14th and main floor only. When you come off the elevator the Courtroom is on your left. Another security check there as well. I would get there early. Overflow room is on the 6th floor.

The main courtroom is on the 14th floor, courtroom 21, the overflow room is on the 6th floor. HTH

merci!

how early do folks usually get there for parking?

I would assume it's still the Courtroom on the 14th floor. You go thru 2 security checks. One downstairs. You could ask then if it's still on the 14th floor. If so take the 3rd elevator up. It is designated to go to 14th and main floor only. When you come off the elevator the Courtroom is on your left. Another security check there as well. I would get there early. Overflow room is on the 6th floor.

thank you! :)

merci!

how early do folks usually get there for parking?

There is pretty ample parking across from the court house on queens ave so I wouldn't worry about parking too much. I would get there around 9 if your planning on going into the main courtroom.

Actually, there was a tv special about that - there are actually lawyers working to try and free her.

Hmmm...I don't know anything about this case other than the little bit I read today, but I'm not sure what to make of it.

Her article makes it sound like she's completely bewildered about why anyone's in there--as if they just stuck all these women in jail for no reason whatsoever. Or because they're Native (WTH?). She "doesn't see hardened criminals"...okay, so why are they all in there, then? If the 18-year-old is TLM, we know why she's in there. For damned good reason.

So I wonder if we will be seeing MR in an orange prison suit, and shackles tomorrow at the sentencing. He is a convicted criminal now.

ps can't wait to see his mincing dance step with those ankle chains.

I would be very satisfied to see him in an orange suit, I just know that he would NOT like that. :fence:

(hey, we got our smilies back, thank-you, Mods!)

I wonder if he is going to have anything to say now? Like anyone gives a RATZ *advertiser censored**, anyway.

I can tell you one thing, listening to those 7 Interrogation Videos was absolutely wretched. Having his pathetic, snivelly, whiney voice piped directly into my earbud, was horrible. No wonder those LE had him pegged. Solidly acted guilty, aggressive and arrogant, right from the get go. It must have been everything they could do to refrain from pulling his pansy *advertiser censored** out from under his blanky and slapping him silly.

Hmmm...I don't know anything about this case other than the little bit I read today, but I'm not sure what to make of it.

Her article makes it sound like she's completely bewildered about why anyone's in there--as if they just stuck all these women in jail for no reason whatsoever. Or because they're Native (WTH?). She "doesn't see hardened criminals"...okay, so why are they all in there, then? If the 18-year-old is TLM, we know why she's in there. For damned good reason.

It could be that the Author is a psychopath, just like the rest of them....Im sure a large number of inmates all claim that they are innocent. MOO

I just know that Victoria is smiling down on all the souls who are finally going to be released from the grips of a psychopath named Rafferty tomorrow.

Help everyone be free, Victoria.

-

I haven't read the particular blog that some of you are referencing, but Indigenous peoples are vastly over-represented in Canada's correctional centres. There are a lot of reasons for this, most stemming from the methodological and intentional tearing apart of Indigenous families for generations. This is particularly prominent in the west. While people aren't simply sent to jail solely 'because they are native' a lot of historical contingencies have led to this over-representation. it is, imo, very unfortunate. I know some courts have tried to address this injustice through healing circles and alternative sentencing, but a lot more needs to be done to address the historical power imbalances that have led to this contemporary problem.

As much as I would like to go to the sentencing tomorrow, and to the vigil, I can't since i live in MB. I have a feeling WS will be well represented though. <3

This article is a good example of what life for MR will be like....
A visit to hell in Bernardo Wing

Know what?" I said to my guide. "I would rather take a needle in the arm than live like that."

"Just be thankful," said my guide, "that we no longer have capital punishment in this country."

http://www.ottawamenscentre.com/news/20050621_bernardo.htm

Thank you for the article. For a short moment I felt really bad for the inmates. What a horrible place to be. BUT after reminding myself why these people are in there this feeling was gone.

Can you imagine you would be a guard and this would be your every day working place? What a frustrating and dark place to be. Thank God there are people that are willing to do these kind of jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste