*GUILTY*Randy Allen Taylor on Trial for the murder of Alexis Murphy 1 May 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they say the hair found from Alexis was hair extensions? I would think it would need to be her actual hair to have DNA.

Extensions are clipped or glued onto your natural hair. Yanking on the extensions during a fight would probably take a good chunk of natural hair out with it

What is going on? There is almost no in depth coverage of this trial. This RAT is likely a serial killer and no one is giving specific reports. This is crazy.

Both male and female DNA was found on the shirt. Murphy was found to be a "major contributor" to the DNA from the blood stains and Taylor was found to be a "potential minor contributor" of DNA. There was no third source of DNA.
http://www.nbc29.com/story/25429310/randy-taylor-abduction-and-murder-trial-day-3

They also mention that there is unknown male DNA in the car but this was not a new car so it could be anyone's. I just wonder if he paid someone to park that car at the Carmike.

I think the prosecution needs to introduce that RAT was both a tow truck driver and a car detailer. If there is a total lack of fingerprints in and on that car then it would suggest that he cleaned it very well. The car should have had lots of fingerprints and possibly DNA in and on it. It was her father's car. No doubt there would have been evidence of other people in that car (hair, skin, touch DNA...you name it) whether or not her father gave it to her clean or not.

Much info here: http://www.newsadvance.com/news/loc...cle_9d62ea46-d46a-11e3-8132-001a4bcf6878.html
"The 45-minute interview....conducted at Taylor's home August 7,...

That day, Taylor woke up and drove up to the Gordonsville area, spending several hours drinking beer and riding ATVs with a friend. When they finished around 4 p.m., Taylor left and drove around Charlottesville for an undetermined amount of time, he says on tape.

When ...told... he was spotted on camera speaking with Murphy at the Liberty gas station, Taylor said his memory around that time was foggy,... said he couldn't recall speaking with the girl... told investigators... could not remember anything that happened at the station, but that he probably bought cigarettes there.

After leaving the station...went to Amherst County... bought $45 worth of marijuana from a friend... they smoked together for a time before Taylor returned home... watched TV...

You know, I think we all gave Taylor a lot more credit for being a cunning killer than he really was. He did some pretty dumb stuff. I mean why dispose of the body without disposing of his bloody shirt or completely vacuuming his floor and changing his sheets, etc. This guy is not the brightest bulb in the house.

Parker Slaybaugh ‏@Parker8News 6m
BREAKING: A male's DNA that was found in Alexis Murphy's car DID NOT match Randy Taylor.

You know, I think we all gave Taylor a lot more credit for being a cunning killer than he really was. He did some pretty dumb stuff. I mean why dispose of the body without disposing of his bloody shirt or completely vacuuming his floor and changing his sheets, etc. This guy is not the brightest bulb in the house.

But, he is smug and has a history of trying to point fingers at LE. He also feels like the kind of person that wants to push the boundaries...he knows that without a body, the only thing LE can prove is that someone had Alexis Murphy in his trailer. I can see him deliberately keeping just enough evidence to cause him to go to trial but not enough to prove a murder. he knows he can't be tried twice and he thinks he can win even if arrested, charged and tried. IMO.

Just a Note: There has been no update on News4 Washington. They reported on Oscar Pestorius but not on Alexis' case.

Parker Slaybaugh ‏@Parker8News 6m
BREAKING: A male's DNA that was found in Alexis Murphy's car DID NOT match Randy Taylor.

Well, it was her dad's car. Heaven knows how many people had been inside the vehicle. Did they say what they extracted DNA from? Was it from a hair on the seat? Blood on the door handle?

Investigators remarked that Taylor had memories of events that happened before and after visiting the gas station, but no recollection of what happened there, but Taylor repeatedly denied having any memory of the conversation with Murphy caught on security camera footage.
He said Murphy has never been in his home or vehicle, that he had never seen her before and that he had never been in her vehicle.
Investigators tried to convince Taylor to divulge the name of his drug dealer, saying they weren't interested in pursuing drug charges but just wanted to confirm his story and see if his dealer might remember anything that could help them find Murphy.
http://www.newsadvance.com/news/loc...cle_9d62ea46-d46a-11e3-8132-001a4bcf6878.html

Well, it was her dad's car. Heaven knows how many people had been inside the vehicle. Did they say what they extracted DNA from? Was it from a hair on the seat? Blood on the door handle?

I want to know a few things:

Were Alexis' fingerprints found in or on the exterior of her car? Were her prints found on the door handle and/or on the steering wheel? If so, were any of them smeared. If not, then when will the prosecution stress that someone wiped the car down.

Were any fingerprints found in the car?

Did they find the car keys?

What was RAT wearing when he came into Applebee's? (Like was he wearing coveralls or clothes out of season...not suitable for an August evening.)

In court today, Nelson County Sheriff's Investigator Billy Mays, one of the interviewers in the tape, said, to date, Taylor has not identified the man who sold him the drugs.
Court has recessed for today and will continue in the morning.
Monday, 3:10 p.m.: Prosecutors played a tape in court in which Randy Taylor, speaking two days after Alexis Murphy was last seen at the Liberty gas station, said he did not know the girl and had not been to the gas station on the night she was last seen.
In the Aug. 5 interview, Taylor said he had heard that he or someone who drives a camouflaged vehicle had been spotted at the gas station, but he could not remember going there himself that night.

http://www.newsadvance.com/news/loc...cle_9d62ea46-d46a-11e3-8132-001a4bcf6878.html

On Friday, Nelson County Commonwealth's Attorney Anthony Martin said a cashier saw Taylor's camouflaged truck leave the gas station in Lovingston heading north on U.S. 29, and Murphy followed in a white Nissan Maxima.
In the recording, Taylor said he had gone to the Madison Heights Sheetz that evening, but authorities found no evidence of him or his vehicle in the store's security footage, testified Nelson County Investigator Billy Mays.
Taylor said he arrived at his camper around 9 p.m. Saturday night and had been alone. He told investigators he had not left the property since the time of the interview late Monday.

Monday, 12:39 p.m.: A ripped-out hair found in Randy Taylor's home matched hair from Alexis Murphy's brush, a forensic examiner testified today.
FBI examiner Joshua Friedman said it is not possible to positively identify someone based solely on looking at hairs but said the hair found on a pillow in Taylor's camper was similar to a sample from the teen's own hairbrush.
Examination also revealed the hair had been "forcibly removed," Friedman said, though by what means or using how much force is unknown.
The examiner also said investigators vacuumed Murphy's car when it was found in Charlottesville and sent him the collection bags. He did not find any hair that matched Randy Taylor from the vacuumed contents.
Court has recessed for lunch and will resume this afternoon.

Blood from two people was on a T-shirt found under Taylor’s couch; Murphy was the “major contributor” and Taylor “could not be excluded,” according to testimony.
Nelson County Commonwealth's Attorney Anthony Martin has said Taylor was wearing the T-shirt in a surveillance video from the Liberty gas station in Lovingston, where Murphy was last seen.
DNA on hair roots, hair extensions, an earring and a nail clipping found in Taylor’s camper also matched Murphy’s DNA. The home, off U.S. 29 in Lovingston, was searched days after Murphy went missing.
Law enforcement officers testified they found knives, an air pellet gun and a nightstick in the camper.

https://www.facebook.com/ParkSlaybaugh?fref=nf

So facebook post indicate people believe Taylor might be the scape goat
I hope it is just a select few who believe this.
As the shirt is enough to remove reasonable doubt that Randy Taylor fought with Alexis.
I really really hope people like who those that have made such comments on Parkers facebook page are not on the jury.

That said I am not overly found of Parkers facebook . His breaking news comment today seems to imply that the only DNA that should be found in the car would be Taylors ,when it belonged to Alexis dad and was a used car and Like my car probably has tons of people always in it. Taylors DNA would have been great but not a must have to prove he did something to Alexis.

The Commonwealth played a 39 minute audio recording that was made two days after Alexis Murphy disappeared.

On that audio recording, the jury heard the man who identified himself to investigators as Randy Taylor. Taylor repeatedly denied seeing Alexis Murphy. He was asked, "have you seen her" and he said "no."

He was then asked, "have you ever seen her" and his answer was "never."

Taylor told investigators he doesn't remember going to the Liberty gas station in Lovingston on August 3rd even though he tells them another investigator stopped by the property where he was living to tell him that someone saw him at that gas station talking to someone.

Taylor said again before investigators left, "If I was up there that I don't remember being up there."

http://www.wset.com/story/25429486/randy-taylor-murder-trial-continues-in-nelson-county

I sure hope they can prove that he stalked AM. He seems to have been aware that she had ties to Charlottesville. I believe he is the anon who mentioned, on ask fm, her leggings, getting pot, and possibly read her comment about the Liberty gas station. Remember, AM's aunt remembers seeing RAT's vehicle on the Murphy's street.

I wonder if they will deal with the issue of the resident, on the horseshoe-shaped road that heard/saw a white vehicle come down the road and go out the unusual way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Let the light shine