*GUILTY*Randy Allen Taylor on Trial for the murder of Alexis Murphy 1 May 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what was used to smash the phone. It sounds like someone hit it with a hammer.

Jurors also saw photos from a scrapbook discovered inside the abandoned house. The pictures were of a young white female. The heads on some of the subjects had been altered and replaced with other heads. The girl in the photos is the daughter of the owners of a car dealership in Ruckersville where Taylor once worked. Taylor's attorney noted that the girl was white, not black, like Alexis Murphy. He also noted the house belongs to the family of Taylor's ex-girlfriend.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/day...-fingernail-found-in-taylors-trailer/25832750

SO a predatory male can only like one victim type/race? ummm, okay defense atty :rolleyes: and the house belonged to an ex of RAT so probably she is the one who had some bizarre fantasy scrapbook of the daughter of her ex's employer. Yep makes total sense

:banghead:

He denied driving a white car to Charlottesville.

The Applebees is within walking distance from where Alexis Murphy's car was found.

Mays tells Taylor on the recording that, "there is a whole lot of things that we know, we are not making it up, this is not going to go away" and Taylor says "yall want to arrest me or something? that's fine."
http://www.wset.com/story/25441436/...cording-of-taylor-interviewed-by-investigator

I don't know about the girl and her family, BUT, if it was my daughter.... we'd be state witnesses right about now! Telling any and everything we could. That is right after we fall to our knees and praise God to be alive! That's some scary stuff!!

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 18s
CONTD: scrapbook images shown in court show a young women's face cut out and taped onto other women's bodies - mostly in lingerie

Ew ew ew ew ew. I've been the target of some serious cringe-inducing creepiness before, but that's ridiculous. Can you imagine being the girl in that picture? I'd be so creeped out, I don't think I'd ever be able to walk outside alone again without carrying a pocketknife with me.

I'm so glad this guy is in custody and will probably (hopefully) never be let loose again.

I wonder what was used to smash the phone. It sounds like someone hit it with a hammer.

Heel from cowboy boots? Or a rock.. probably anything could damage them. I know the screens break easily. My daughter has had her's replaced a few times. :facepalm:

I'm thinking, was Taylor just ready to be caught? You know how some killers start taunting, and getting sloppy because they want to stop, but don't? Like BTK? Like Isreal Keyes? Plenty others. Or was he too intoxicated with whatever to realize how much evidence he left behind?

The reason I'm thinking this, the phone was found on his property, the shirt, hair extensions... those could have been disposed of wherever he put Alexis, but they weren't. They could have been tossed in any dumpster, or backroad, but they weren't. There was some evidence with Samantha Clark, but not enough solid evidence like we're seeing now. It was more like phone calls, last person to talk to her, alibi wasn't good, etc. But I don't remember reading about solid evidence found.

I don't think Alexis was his first at all. But he's never been caught and tried before. Something has changed. Do you think in the end he'll admit to anything if found guilty? Some seem to like the bragging rights, others take what they know to their graves. Wish we were advanced enough to hook a machine to a person, and see what their mind sees!

:moo:

:tantrum: I just read a MSM article about the two beer bottles found at the camper. Remember in the beginning Taylor stated he and CRD drank a beer? Well apparently there were two beer bottles, who knows from when, and the article only stated they were tested, but didn't say what the test revealed. Defense had asked the witness on the stand about them. Now I can't find that article!!!

“I don’t remember going there,” replied Taylor, who then admitted he wasn’t supposed to be driving and had consumed five beers during the four-wheeling, a number he later upped to nine beers.
He also confessed he hadn’t gone to the Sheetz in Madison Heights, as he said in the first interview, but instead had gone to Amherst where he’d gotten a quarter ounce of marijuana for $45 from a friend. “You’re getting a deal,” Mays said on the recording.

http://www.c-ville.com/day-3-randy-...xis-murphy-in-police-interviews/#.U2kRs1cvBfl

Randy Taylor told investigators he spent August 3 four-wheeling in Orange and arrived home around 9pm, said Martin. A video taken on August 3 at 5:21pm from adult sex shop Ultimate Bliss on Angus Road in Charlottesville showed Taylor going into the store. <mod snip> testified he bought two videos: &#8220;A Doll&#8217;s House&#8221; and &#8220;Mexican Pussy.&#8221;

Some of the female FBI agents who searched Taylor&#8217;s camper August 6 also were &#8220;uncomfortable&#8221; with his &#8220;very intense stare,&#8221; said Special Agent Britney Wampler, who discovered the fingernail, hair, and stud later identified through DNA analysis as belonging to Murphy.
Wampler also said she observed matted grass behind an abandoned house on the property where Taylor lived with tire marks that &#8220;looked like a vehicle low to the ground,&#8221; unlike Taylor&#8217;s larger SUV. Grass and mud were later found under Murphy&#8217;s Nissan Maxima.

http://www.c-ville.com/randy-taylor-trial-day-two-murphys-blood-found/#.U2kiOVcvBfl

It sounds like he was just daring police to arrest him. He must believe that they don't have a case without a body. Let's hope he's proven to be wrong about that.

Martin entered surveillance video from the Armed Forces recruiting station that showed the Nissan appear in the Carmike lot around 10pm Sunday, August 4. &#8220;Interestingly,&#8221; said prosecutor Martin, &#8220;the defendant shows up at Applebee&#8217;s restaurant within walking distance.&#8221;
Bartender Jerry Madison Jr. testified that a &#8220;sweating&#8221; Taylor showed up at Applebee&#8217;s after 10pm that night, ordered two Heinekens, and asked for a cab. &#8220;He said his buddy was passed out outside,&#8221; said Madison. &#8220;I never saw anybody.&#8221;
Nor did cab driver John Statt, who said he drove Taylor to Woods Mill, about three miles north of Taylor&#8217;s camper.

http://www.c-ville.com/randy-taylor-trial-day-two-murphys-blood-found/#.U2kiOVcvBfl

The last of 18 witnesses was James Melia with the FBI&#8217;s Child Abduction Rapid Response Team. Hallahan asked him about human trafficking, to which the prosecution objected and which the judge sustained. After the jury left for the day, Melia said he&#8217;s never had a case of abduction where the person was trafficked.
&#8220;I want trafficking in,&#8221; said Taylor&#8217;s attorney.
Hallahan also asked witnesses whether Murphy would have gone to Taylor&#8217;s house alone, suggesting that she was with someone else who was the real killer. And he urged the jurors not to be swayed by the emotion of a promising young woman who disappeared or her grief-stricken family. &#8220;You can&#8217;t convict [Taylor] on a hunch, probability or suspicion,&#8221; said Hallahan.

Randy Taylor told investigators he spent August 3 four-wheeling in Orange and arrived home around 9pm, said Martin. A video taken on August 3 at 5:21pm from adult sex shop Ultimate Bliss on Angus Road in Charlottesville showed Taylor going into the store.<mod snip> testified he bought two videos: &#8220;A Doll&#8217;s House&#8221; and &#8220;Mexican Pussy.&#8221;

Some of the female FBI agents who searched Taylor&#8217;s camper August 6 also were &#8220;uncomfortable&#8221; with his &#8220;very intense stare,&#8221; said Special Agent Britney Wampler, who discovered the fingernail, hair, and stud later identified through DNA analysis as belonging to Murphy.
Wampler also said she observed matted grass behind an abandoned house on the property where Taylor lived with tire marks that &#8220;looked like a vehicle low to the ground,&#8221; unlike Taylor&#8217;s larger SUV. Grass and mud were later found under Murphy&#8217;s Nissan Maxima.

YES!!! Grass and mud on the under carriage, Yes!!!

But why no fingerprinting on the scrapbook or maybe they are getting to that?

How is this defense attorney making arguments as opposed to cross examining the prosecution witnesses? So, previous story said the last of 18 prosecution witnesses. There are many more, correct?

why is Hallahan so worried about getting trafficking in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member