Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
NBC29 ‏@NBC29 26s
A cellular records analyst with the FBI presented a PowerPoint presentation in court.

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 1m
The cellphone data presented places Murphy and Taylor's phones in the similar locations the night of August 3 around 7 pm

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 6s
The same Verizon towers were used by both cellphones. The last data collected from Taylor's phone that night was at 6:27.

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 52s
The last data collected from Murphy's phone was at 7:17 pm on Aug 3 - two incoming texts

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 53s
Taylor's phone did not access another Verizon tower until 9 am the next morning

I think he might have had problems or was just very careful. None of that found on his bed sheets or on the couch.

Oh... That at is right!

None found at all!

Like... He may just have "problems"...

:waitasec:

Concerning blood on the BACK of Taylor's shirt, either used to clean up blood, or could have been moving Alexis's body by carrying her over his shoulder. JMO!
Good thoughts. Or he could have had hold of her hair, she got behind him and he pushed himself back against her-either hitting her face with his head and causing Alexis a split lip or bloody nose, or she might have already had a split lip or bloody nose. In close quarters, this is a common defense/offense, push hard backwards against someone, hoping to have them hit their head on something or knock the wind out of them long enough to run or subdue.

Heel from cowboy boots? Or a rock.. probably anything could damage them. I know the screens break easily. My daughter has had her's replaced a few times. :facepalm:

I'm thinking, was Taylor just ready to be caught? You know how some killers start taunting, and getting sloppy because they want to stop, but don't? Like BTK? Like Isreal Keyes? Plenty others. Or was he too intoxicated with whatever to realize how much evidence he left behind?

The reason I'm thinking this, the phone was found on his property, the shirt, hair extensions... those could have been disposed of wherever he put Alexis, but they weren't. They could have been tossed in any dumpster, or backroad, but they weren't. There was some evidence with Samantha Clark, but not enough solid evidence like we're seeing now. It was more like phone calls, last person to talk to her, alibi wasn't good, etc. But I don't remember reading about solid evidence found.

I don't think Alexis was his first at all. But he's never been caught and tried before. Something has changed. Do you think in the end he'll admit to anything if found guilty? Some seem to like the bragging rights, others take what they know to their graves. Wish we were advanced enough to hook a machine to a person, and see what their mind sees!

:moo:
BBM: It's possible he could not find the phone-smashed it and threw it so Alexis could not get it. And I have a feeling the shirt and hair extensions were just a mistake. He changed, then discovered those after he had already disposed of everything and hid them in a hurry.

Here is a link to an interesting article regarding lifting prints from paper.

http://www.gizmag.com/fingerprints-paper/24895/

Note that it is says the traditional means succeeds only about 50 percent of the time.
The good news is that paper is not the same as pictures is not the same as adhesives is not the same as tape is not the same as the cover of said scrapbook. I can attest to all kinds of things getting into tape and adhesives, have watched people plop adhesive based fingerprints on pictures in scrapbooks, and have first hand put fingerprints on pictures. If there are no prints at on the album at all, I would consider the pictures as possibly incriminating, but if there are no RAT prints, but other print that are unidentified, I would have to put that book in the possible doubt category. (Of course RAT prints are in the guilty as heck category)

why is Hallahan so worried about getting trafficking in?
Reasonable doubt about Alexis being deceased. It's the only thing he really has for that.

I have always thought that RAT got her into the trailer by using a weapon to control her.

By the way, have we heard whether either RAT or Alexis purchased anything other than gas at the station? Could he have purchased cigarettes or alcohol for her? That would give her a reason to follow him to his house.
I keep thinking he got her phone somehow. If she left first (I thought it was reported she had) and he was pulled over next to the road and signaled her he had her phone, then motioned forward (like meet me around the corner), she would definitely have followed. If he had told her at the gas station that she had sparks coming out of her car because of the exhaust when she drove in, and that he had the tools to fix the exhaust, it would only take five minutes and he only lived a couple of miles up the road, she might have followed him.

"Beyond a reasonable doubt" keeps rolling in my mind....the defense is doing anything he can think of to create doubt. I wonder how successful Hallahan will be with the jury. I try to imagine myself as impartial but i just can't. I firmly believe RAT harmed Alexis. The physical evidence alone suggests that....but will he be convicted of murder? I'm waiting for that "bomb" the prosecution needs to drop to prove that she isn't alive. Logically, we all know that she isn't but in court does that matter? It's the prosecutions job to prove "beyond a reasonable doubt" that RAT killed her. I'm just worried that he won't be found guilty of murder and then cannot be tried again if they find her body later.
Just a ramble...
I'm hoping for more, too. I could easily convict RAT of abduction at this point, but murder would be a hard sell without some more evidence.

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 53s
Now isn't that pretty darned odd? Most people don't turn off their phones at night, especially at 6:30ish. I wonder if his records show this to be an anomaly or a pattern. That would be an important point to me, if I were a juror.

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 53s

So, I'm thinking that's him up and about and thinking of where to take Alexis for disposal. Surely there would be a trail of towers his phone pinged that day - if the phone was kept powered on that is.

I wonder if RAT's boss is going to testify. I wonder if she knew about his scrapbook. That revelation might be enough for the defense to change its mind about calling her to testify.

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 2m
Taylor trial continued: the prosecution plans to call one - and possibly another - witness tomorrow. Trial resumes at 9:30 in Nelson

So, I'm thinking that's him up and about and thinking of where to take Alexis for disposal. Surely there would be a trail of towers his phone pinged that day - if the phone was kept powered on that is.

I think he had already disposed of her at that point (reason for it being turned off)...or left his phone at home. jmo

Good thoughts. Or he could have had hold of her hair, she got behind him and he pushed himself back against her-either hitting her face with his head and causing Alexis a split lip or bloody nose, or she might have already had a split lip or bloody nose. In close quarters, this is a common defense/offense, push hard backwards against someone, hoping to have them hit their head on something or knock the wind out of them long enough to run or subdue.

BBM: It's possible he could not find the phone-smashed it and threw it so Alexis could not get it. And I have a feeling the shirt and hair extensions were just a mistake. He changed, then discovered those after he had already disposed of everything and hid them in a hurry.

The good news is that paper is not the same as pictures is not the same as adhesives is not the same as tape is not the same as the cover of said scrapbook. I can attest to all kinds of things getting into tape and adhesives, have watched people plop adhesive based fingerprints on pictures in scrapbooks, and have first hand put fingerprints on pictures. If there are no prints at on the album at all, I would consider the pictures as possibly incriminating, but if there are no RAT prints, but other print that are unidentified, I would have to put that book in the possible doubt category. (Of course RAT prints are in the guilty as heck category)

Reasonable doubt about Alexis being deceased. It's the only thing he really has for that.

I keep thinking he got her phone somehow. If she left first (I thought it was reported she had) and he was pulled over next to the road and signaled her he had her phone, then motioned forward (like meet me around the corner), she would definitely have followed. If he had told her at the gas station that she had sparks coming out of her car because of the exhaust when she drove in, and that he had the tools to fix the exhaust, it would only take five minutes and he only lived a couple of miles up the road, she might have followed him.

I'm hoping for more, too. I could easily convict RAT of abduction at this point, but murder would be a hard sell without some more evidence.

Now isn't that pretty darned odd? Most people don't turn off their phones at night, especially at 6:30ish. I wonder if his records show this to be an anomaly or a pattern. That would be an important point to me, if I were a juror.

They have her blood in his camper, his skin under her nail. in a lot of different areas. So murder is not far fetched. I would say a raped happened as well.. I would say the phone was thrown to the wall as the fight happened. maybe she tried to go for the door and he grabbed her, a fight went down.. he grabbed the phone threw it or tried too. She punched him or kicked him, went for the door , but the screen has under pin lock.

this is my best guess.
this where a combat hold or knife who come in.

I think it is important to note that the back, the processor, of the Iphone was destroyed and the the battery connection, which is hidden on the side of the phone, was also destroyed. (The battery is not in an obvious place and you need a special little tool to pop that door open.)
I suspect that he had tracked Alexis through her Twitter and ask fm accounts and from her pictures, he knew she had an Iphone. He had to have learned where the battery is on the Iphone in order to know how to get the battery out and destroy the compartment. This was all premeditated, IMO.

I absolutely HATE saying this but right now, they have proven that Alexis was lured into the camper, detained there without her consent (Legal definition of abduction,) she was physically assaulted causing injury (malicious wounding) and because evidence was found in an under his bed/pillow that some sexual assault likely took place. But, as it stands...there is no proof that after he abducted her, detained her by physical violence, and destroyed her cellphone that he didn't then hand her off to someone else.

Now, do I believe that is what happened, NO! I do believe he killed her and then disposed of her body and dumped her car in Charlottesville.

But, his biggest problem: He has never explained how Alexis was harmed, who she was handed off to and how all this evidence was found throughout and nearby his home.

I hope the prosecution has much more than we are seeing up their sleeves because quite frankly, as it stands right now, I'm not sure they could get a conviction on the murder charge. That's just my humble opinion.

I think it is important to note that the back, the processor, of the Iphone was destroyed and the the battery connection, which is hidden on the side of the phone, was also destroyed. (The battery is not in an obvious place and you need a special little tool to pop that door open.)
I suspect that he had tracked Alexis through her Twitter and ask fm accounts and from her pictures, he knew she had an Iphone. He had to have learned where the battery is on the Iphone in order to know how to get the battery out and destroy the compartment. This was all premeditated, IMO.
Agreed very premeditated but on the phone: if you are planning on keeping your phone you need to carefully open it, but if you aren't wouldn't you just turn it on it side and smack it open, or hit it with a hammer and then destroy the guts.

An FBI expert testified that Alexis Murphy's cell phone last connected to cell towers at 7:17 the night she went missing. That signal came from near Randy Taylor's property. It was also from the same location that Randy Taylor's cell phone registered the next morning. The defense questioned the reliability of the information. Randy Taylor also alleged in his interview that Bradley, Murphy, and himself went to a local car wash that night when they first met. The FBI expert says neither of their phones were ever at that car wash. The Commonwealth is expected to rest their case tomorrow then it will be the defenses turn...

https://www.facebook.com/ParkSlaybaugh/posts/435377046607323
Parker Slaybaugh ‏@Parker8News 34m
THE LATEST FROM THE COURTROOM:

SHARE THIS

Since CRD and Alexis were friends on FB but had never met in rl... the only way RAT would know about this, to try and frame him, is if he was stalking Alexi's social media. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Let the light shine