GUILTY - Sidney Moorer RETRIAL for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of local churches in the area do prison ministry and they make weekly visits to area prisons for bible study. In fact we used to make personal vanity grab bags for prisoners at my church, Lee Correctional was on our list. It's a large zip lock that is full of approved personal items. The reason I bring this up is I hope that someone will bond with SM and time and God will work on him. The longer he's away from the crazy clan he lived with the better off he's going to be. That was his normal and in no way is all that carrying on normal. And I take offense to the defense saying he was a normal Horry County citizen. I have family from Horry County and that is not how they act. Horry County citizens are more like Chris Helms and Nancy Livesay. They don't run around town threatening people, taking photos of folks driving down the streets, searching for ways to hide their actions, etc...those are actions of guilty people.

BBM- For the sake of the Elvis family, I'll hold that hope out too.

RSBM. Jillycat, I so sorry for your loss. I can only imagine the difficulty that you face in dealing with the not knowing. I wish you peace and hope for answers to ease your burden.
Thank you, that's so kind.

I would like to go get Debi and take her to lunch and just let her share her broken heart. I'm still affected by her statement to the court. She is carrying a burden she can never lay down. I cannot begin to grasp how he could sit there sniveling and not relieve part of that burden by giving up what he knows. But then I and the rest of us aren't selfish cowards so of course we can't understand either of the M's.

RSBM: He also said something like, "anything I told them would be a lie." I fully believed him when he said that. He didn't say it would be "made up." He said it would be a lie. I find that choice of word very telling. I think his subconscious was speaking. He's been lying, he will continue to lie, and if forced to speak further, he'll lie some more.

I completely agree. Even going back and listening to his police interview his wording is calculated, he has an answer or lie for everything. When he gets to the timeframe of 2:30 however he suddenly can’t remember...he thinks that’s when he went home. That was after he said they had relations near or behind HTC in Conway. A 17 min ride from Heathers apartment.

You have posted lots of links previously, thank you! Do you know if there is a recording of the Mrs police interview?

What else would a narcissist say?
They're really stunning to watch. And so is any attorney who laments the lot of the jury as if they're hapless victims who were duped into their verdict.

Punishment for narcissists should include being consigned to their own island where all they have is their own kind and a daily competition for the power seat.

Hi Surfy!

Long time, yes.

I didn't watch every day but did check in to see the progress of the trial. It's strange to me that Sidney would say anything at all to the judge and Elvis family; he knew he wasn't going to tell what he knows and what he did and it's just another game to say he can't bring them closure blah blah blah. He could, he chooses not to.

It's so obvious to me that Heather's body is gone as in never to be found. Not buried in their yard, not propped up somewhere. Like really gone, and not able to be recovered. He'll never tell because he'd have to have immunity from any murder, conspiracy to murder and all other charges they could throw at him, and the state isn't going to agree to that. They would like nothing more than prosecuting both monsters for 1st degree murder.
I've been thinking about how what the Elvis family wants most is just to find out where Heather is and what happened to her. That got me thinking — Could the State offer either SM or TM (whichever is the lesser of evils) "queen for a day?" If one of them knows a lot but didn't get their hands as dirty, I wonder if they would spill what they know if there was no fear of repercussions from doing so. If enough people were involved, the State could then bring all kinds of charges against all kinds of people. I wonder if they would think it's worth it.

I completely agree. Even going back and listening to his police interview his wording is calculated, he has an answer or lie for everything. When he gets to the timeframe of 2:30 however he suddenly can’t remember...he thinks that’s when he went home. That was after he said they had relations near or behind HTC in Conway. A 17 min ride from Heathers apartment.
BBM: Makes me immediately think of NL's closing about the silver-tongued villains in Jane Austen's novels.

You have posted lots of links previously, thank you! Do you know if there is a recording of the Mrs police interview?
You're most welcome. I feel like I vaguely remember hearing TM's interview, maybe during her trial. I'm not positive of that though. I may be playing one in my head because of hearing the transcript during testimony at her trial and subconsciously assigning it audio. So yeah, I just confessed to potentially hearing voices in my head. Ha! I'll try to dig around later and see if I come up with anything.

She is a horrible person. IMO, of course.

She also stated, "....never happy with representation... didn't fight for me.... not comfortable." "I felt like I had to do my own trial." "I am Heather's number one advocate and want to know what happened to her just as much as her parents do." "Never saw her in person." "They (the prosecution) know where Heather is."
There is nothing more maddening, and also entertaining, than seeing a trapped narcissist spin the head trash in their own perverted mind, believing that normal people will embrace it as credible.

BBM: Makes me immediately think of NL's closing about the silver-tongued villains in Jane Austen's novels.

You're most welcome. I feel like I vaguely remember hearing TM's interview, maybe during her trial. I'm not positive of that though. I may be playing one in my head because of hearing the transcript during testimony at her trial and subconsciously assigning it audio. So yeah, I just confessed to potentially hearing voices in my head. Ha! I'll try to dig around later and see if I come up with anything.

Lol on the voices!! The only interview that I have found so far is the initial Alan Large interview. Lots of discrepancies there too. “He had to go over and get the kids”, “we got the babies” etc and so on...yet AC said she only saw them on the porch. That she sent them over alone. Seems to me the story was they had to go home so they kids could
Come home. I guess they forgot to go over the story of how the kids made it to the door!! Funny TM remembers all her texts to AC that night but not how her children got home!

Did this Terry at Sticky Fingers or Tony at Longhorns ever verify those alibis?

I've looked everywhere and can't find all of her words. We need to play them side by side. Thanks for the links!
The words are directly from the video of that sentencing proceeding. Law and Crime has the video on its site.

This page and go to bottom and there is a link to the sentencing phase (Tammy speaks at the end): Verdict Watch: Tammy Moorer Kidnapping Trial

Last edited:
There's a little tidbit of "truth" (insight) in everything they say, isn't there? Poor Heather :(.

There certainly is and I will admit I am
obsessed with listening to every little thing that they said. I have four kids and I can’t even begin to imagine the pain, frustration and sadness that her parents have to live with. There is only small justice in their incarceration without having found Heather.

Lol on the voices!! The only interview that I have found so far is the initial Alan Large interview. Lots of discrepancies there too. “He had to go over and get the kids”, “we got the babies” etc and so on...yet AC said she only saw them on the porch. That she sent them over alone. Seems to me the story was they had to go home so they kids could
Come home. I guess they forgot to go over the story of how the kids made it to the door!! Funny TM remembers all her texts to AC that night but not how her children got home!

Did this Terry at Sticky Fingers or Tony at Longhorns ever verify those alibis?

It is in the trial videos. But at one trial AC says she saw one of them and at another trial she says she saw both when she sent the kids home at 3:15. Never that Sidney came and got the kids. Story always changes if you aren't telling the complete truth--too many details to get caught up in.

In one trial, at 7:00ish am she says Sidney went to get the key card and Tammy was in bed and at Tammy's trial she states that Sidney opened the truck from inside and she went to get the key cards with a full blown description of where in the front of the truck they were. For Tammy's trial at the same time, she was testifying that she was in the compartment probably to help her sister out by saying there was nothing amiss in the truck. For Sidney's trial, I don't think she cared about him and distanced herself whenever she could about having to testify what the truck looked like. She testified inconsistently---I will leave it at that.

Last edited:
I just got caught up on posts. And watched the family statements and the sentencing. Had no idea all that had happened today.

Like some of you, I've gone back and forth in my mind about SM's involvement and the extent to which he truly knows all that happened. Never have seen him as innocent, but have wondered how much of this is his punishment too. I just never quite saw him as waking up one day and thinking, "Let's murder her".

But now that it got this far, and he set himself up to get 30 years, what did he gain? Even if he doesn't know how she was killed (doubt that), or where she is, he knows that she's gone as a result of the events of that morning. Period. And, it's not like TM hasn't been holding that over his head, making it his fault for her decisions and actions. So, why did he not finally come forth with a plea to the state about what he wasn't involved in, what he does know and doesn't, and a request a deal if he gave up TM and other parties? This makes no sense.

I think it's true that she is the supreme ringleader, and given how Narcissists love control, secrets, scapegoating, and creating distance between themselves and their flying monkeys and the victim, it makes perfect sense to me that SM has in some way been a useful tool. But he should fry for letting that anguished family stand there, and beg the court for some shred of hope that Heather can come home and receive the laying to rest she deserves - while he sat and cried like a toddler that he has nothing to give them. That alone should send the Karma Bus, with no mercy.

I'm a mother who longs under very different circumstances for the story of what really happened in my child's last hours, and has to still see the smirking of the person who does know, and will never tell. In my book, Debi Elvis wrote the anthem and lament for suffering mothers whose question is excruciatingly simple, yet goes unanswered. I will not ever forget her presence in that courtroom or her statement. I can't even begin to express how deeply saddened I am for Terry and his forever heartache. I wish Morgan the wonderful life her sister did not get to live because of these two soulless individuals. But I understand that her life on its most wonderful day, will never be complete.

To the Elvis family, I know you have your personal faith, but this helps me sometimes, and I know it's true in Heather's case, no matter how big the secret of these two and their commitment to keeping it:

"I saw that." - Karma

If he did not know, what is your theory of how they were both together, and then they were apart and she and or somebody else helped dispose of the body behind his knowledge? Are you thinking that he was involved in the act that comes after the kidnapping" and do you have a theory?

If anyone is interested in listening.
Second interview with Allen Large from 12/20/2003.

Sidney doesn't remember two-three days before. He is trying to remember. Tammy has the answers though. She talks about writing the bills, who was where and who she talked to. Olive Garden, etc. What time at home? SM2:30-3:00 at home in bed. TM: Didn't we go to Walmart after that? Table at OG wouldn't leave. Helping a person who had a trip issue. Reminding him of the story that he will then repeat later in the interview.

TM: "If he goes to work, I am with him."

They are getting their story and texts down. Sidney talks, Tammy talks. Tammy corrects and then Sidney repeats.

Tammy says Sidney walked next door to pick up the kids. (AC says she watched kids walk home and TM/SM on porch.)

Objection by me: Tammy is leading the witness in much of that interview and after the detective leaves.

After detective leaves the room. TM tells Sidney to stop playing with something. "You remember the bartender's name?" Then they talk about HE coming home. They clearly know they are being recorded. Putting little breadcrumbs out there. Then you can hear her paranoia about people knowing her business and her not knowing theirs.

Last edited:

If anyone is interested in listening.
Second interview with Allen Large from 12/20/2003.
It's so obvious they're lying. Too much contrived conversation between them about every detail, asking the interviewer twice if he wants to see the (staged) texts, Tammy talking over Sidney to reinforce the story, joking sidebars about the children/babies, adding irrelevant filler content instead of just "this is what we did", or, "yes/no" in response to questions, spinning the narrative while the guy is out of the room, as if they don't know they're being taped, and on and on. They did themselves in with all these mind-numbing adventures into word salad and story telling and details no one asked for.

This is a press account of Sidney's statement:

"If I could finally give them closure, I would. There’s nothing I can tell them to give them any closure. I have children of my own. I get it. There’s nothing I can give them for closure.”

I am trying to read the tea leaves about what this is really saying.

Well, what do his children currently need to be protected from? That they will lose the home that they are currently living at if he testifies who all was involved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff