GUILTY - Sidney Moorer RETRIAL for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you to everyone for keeping us informed as the last day proceeded to the guilty verdict and SM’s sentencing. I had to work, and during the short breaks I had, the site wouldn’t load! Very frustrating.

I am so sad for the Elvis family that they still do not know where their precious Heather is. It is only some small comfort that those two will spend 30 years in prison. It is a still for the Elvis’s a lifetime without Heather.

Are there videos imbedded somewhere of all of yesterday’s proceedings? I really want to see NL’s closing, and Terry’s, Debbi’s and Morgan’s statements to the judge, and Dennis’s response.
I did see the sentencing, and I need to rewatch to see if heard the judge correctly; but if I did, I think it was wholly inappropriate for him to say anything about knowing SM’s parents and how SM was raised as a reason not to run his sentences consecutively. Heather would not have been out in the middle of the night to meet her fate if SM had not lured her there. That is as evil as performing the fatal act himself (as well he may have). IMO

rsbm

That really hit me in the feels. Debbi is right.....this is an ongoing crime. Heather is still kidnapped. Still being held hostage :(. And there is still ZERO remorse from anyone in that clan.

I definitely agree with you on that. That was so poignant. How can they have anything close to closure, when the family is also really being held hostage? It is really sad.

If he did not know, what is your theory of how they were both together, and then they were apart and she and or somebody else helped dispose of the body behind his knowledge? Are you thinking that he was involved in the act that comes after the kidnapping" and do you have a theory?
I don't honestly know. From Day 1, I never thought Heather drove to PTL or was even there. I've always felt like something started at the apartment, and all those subsequent calls were the M's trying to set Heather up after the fact as someone who was obsessed and trying to reach SM. I thought she was kidnapped and harmed much earlier on the timeline than those calls superficially suggest.

When the Longbeard's info was presented, that made even more sense. I'm not sure what SM knows and doesn't know. It could be that TM doesn't want him knowing all of Heather's fate because then he can't spill it. It could also be that he killed her under Tammy's engineering, so he can't ever tell anything, because all roads lead to his guilt. It could be that a third party killed her and he has seen that evidence, or witnessed it. Or, some other scenario. But I always felt that the state got in its own way by trying to marry the scenario of a kidnapping/murder at PTL to the fact that the car was simply found there. It seemed there were far more moving parts to this crime and I think the Longbeard portion punctuates that.

My tragic experience with a narcissist is such that if I haven't learned anything else, I've learned that with their stories, up is down, left is right, and over is under. The good news is, they reveal their acts in the stories if you're paying attention, and while there's just so much that's not known about Heather's fate, I think the truth is threaded here and there throughout the very words of both M's. Maybe that's what we can re-visit, and no, with this kind of personality, it's not nit-picking. They are telling parts of the crime in how they narrate to police and the public, in my opinion.

Sadly, I have long believed that Heather isn't recoverable, but I hold hope that Fate will provide a twist that only Fate can deliver, and the Elvis family will be able to have the homecoming and funeral they so need, however differently that may occur due to where and how Heather may have been left and the passage of time. I believe that's also what Debi was saying and we need to remember - hope is all anyone has and I hope with Heather's mother and the rest of her family that she can receive a laying to rest. And that the Moorer's and any aid to them can fully burn.

Last edited:
Longbeard's filled in the blanks for those of us who thought from the beginning that Heather never drove to PTL. I always thought that with the car there, LE jumped on the location when they could best place HE and the M's at the same time, and that was also where the trail stopped. But I believe their case-making for a PTL murder scenario was really thin. It was pretty clear that it was a grab and go of who drove the car there. She seems to have come into harm earlier on the timeline, and I think all the phone activity was primarily the M's or whoever had control of her phone, not too long after the pay phone exchange. And no, there is nothing on Heather's car being seen heading to PTL.

I wonder if jurors are like I am in serious cases like this. Where are they do not have to believe exactly the scenario of what the prosecution said. Did they understand that the prosecution gave out a theory, but they still, even if the theory doesn't fit with your theory, you believe that the crime happened.

Many many of us here disagree with the last hour, but most of us that disagree on such agree that they were responsible. I think that is what the jury did, and I'm glad they understood.

I don't honestly know. From Day 1, I never thought Heather drove to PTL or was even there. I've always felt like something started at the apartment, and all those subsequent calls were the M's trying to set Heather up after the fact as someone who was obsessed and trying to reach SM. I thought she was kidnapped and harmed much earlier on the timeline than those calls superficially suggest.

When the Longbeard's info was presented, that made even more sense. I'm not sure what SM knows and doesn't know. It could be that TM doesn't want him knowing all of Heather's fate because then he can't spill it. It could also be that he killed her under Tammy's engineering, so he can't ever tell anything, because all roads lead to his guilt. It could be that a third party killed her and he has seen that evidence, or witnessed it. Or, some other scenario. But I always felt that the state got in its own way by trying to marry the scenario of a kidnapping/murder at PTL to the fact that the car was simply found there. It seemed there were far more moving parts to this crime and I think the Longbeard portion punctuates that.

My tragic experience with a narcissist is such that if I haven't learned anything else, I've learned that with their stories, up is down, left is right, and over is under. The good news is, they reveal their acts in the stories if you're paying attention, and while there's just so much that's not known about Heather's fate, I think the truth is threaded here and there throughout the very words of both M's. Maybe that's what we can re-visit, and no, with this kind of personality, it's not nit-picking. They are telling parts of the crime in how they narrate to police and the public, in my opinion.

Sadly, I have long believed that Heather isn't recoverable, but I hold hope that Fate will provide a twist that only Fate can deliver, and the Elvis family will be able to have the homecoming and funeral they so need, however differently that may occur due to where and how Heather may have been left and the passage of time. I believe that's also what Debi was saying and we need to remember - hope is all anyone has and I hope with Heather's mother and the rest of her family that she can receive a laying to rest. And that the Moorer's and aid to them can fully burn.
Ugh you just said the word burn. I wasn’t going to go here today. Trying to still process everything that was said yesterday. Just listened to their victim impact statements and my heart is so heavy for them.
I still think cement has something to do with disposing of HE. Specifically that TM stated it wasn’t used to hide a body.
But what if they burned her as they did with the rags and “all their trash”?

Trying to be delicate here but if she were left somewhere that was routinely emptied they wouldn't know where she was and SM saying he "couldn't give them closure and if he tried he would be lieing" may be somewhat correct. I think both he and TM talk in circles. Maybe they don't "technically" know where she is so there's some truth to that. Remembering the phone pinging at the Longbeard's dumpster...

Ugh you just said the word burn. I wasn’t going to go here today. Trying to still process everything that was said yesterday. Just listened to their victim impact statements and my heart is so heavy for them.
I still think cement has something to do with disposing of HE. Specifically that TM stated it wasn’t used to hide a body.
But what if they burned her as they did with the rags and “all their trash”?
I just meant it in regard to the extent to which I hope to see the lives of the M's and any accomplices decimated, with their crimes fully exposed.

There have been discussions about what they did after the fact. No idea, but I don't think it's entirely dumb luck that she hasn't been found. I think they were committed to that.

I just meant it in regard to the extent to which I hope to see the lives of the M's and any accomplices decimated, with their crimes fully exposed.

There have been discussions about what they did after the fact. No idea, but I don't think it's entirely dumb luck that she hasn't been found. I think they were committed to that.
Oh yes I know what you meant and I agree with you. I hope they all burn too. I also do still hold out hope that one day hopefully soon she will still be found.
I just read that a woman’s remains were just found in a storage unit in PA after 15 years. Someone finally came forward. So yes there is still always hope. Just hope it doesn’t take 15 years.

Does this mean the gag order has been lifted?
Yes, the kidnapping trials are over and that is when the gag order was placed, if I'm remembering correctly.

Although I am happy the gag is lifted and the head honcho will speak, I would love to hear from the prosecuting team.
Me too! I wonder if they'll do something bigger?

Oh and I wonder if now Dateline can air their show with the complete Tammy Moorer interview??

Sidney has been released from Horry County custody. I guess he is going back to his home for the next 30 years.

I have one piece of advice. Go to class, Sid. You might get a conscience.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 4.29.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 4.29.59 PM.png
    84.9 KB · Views: 38
This is a press account of Sidney's statement:

"If I could finally give them closure, I would. There’s nothing I can tell them to give them any closure. I have children of my own. I get it. There’s nothing I can give them for closure.”

I am trying to read the tea leaves about what this is really saying.

"If I could finally give them closure, I wouldn't. There’s nothing I can will tell them to give them any closure. I have children of my own. I will never get it. There’s nothing I can will give them for closure.”

The Horry County Solicitor had been interviewed by WPDE and it will air tonight at 6:00 and be posted on Nick Papantonis WPDE - Six years after the gag order was placed.
Just watched. Solicitor Jimmy Richardson said the reason the truck-cleaning video had not been used in previous trials is because it didn't fit in the narrative prosecutors were building. He also said there's still evidence that the public hasn't seen yet and may never see.

"Sidney now has 364 more days to provide substantial assistance. And what I mean by that is to provide us with the body or some portion of it." - Jimmy Richardson

What does this mean about him having a year to provide assistance?

Just watched. Solicitor Jimmy Richardson said the reason the truck-cleaning video had not been used in previous trials is because it didn't fit in the narrative prosecutors were building. He also said there's still evidence that the public hasn't seen yet and may never see.

"Sidney now has 364 more days to provide substantial assistance. And what I mean by that is to provide us with the body or some portion of it." - Jimmy Richardson

What does this mean about him having a year to provide assistance?

Oh wow. My guess is they told him he has one year to cut a deal and get a lightened sentence or the deal is forever off the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff