Gun Control Debate #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't warm mine.

"School shooting survivor tired of ‘old *advertiser censored* parents’ failing on gun control"
(David Hogg)
“When your old-*advertiser censored* parent is like, ‘I don’t know how to send an iMessage,’ and you’re just like, ‘Give me the ****ing phone and let me handle it.’ Sadly, that’s what we have to do with our government. Our parents don’t know how to use a f–king democracy, so we have to"
https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...censored*-parents-failing-on-gun-control/amp/

He’s right, though. He’s on-point.

The truth isn’t always comfortable. I laughed out loud because my dad is That Guy who lets loose a string of profanity every time he checks his texts or voicemail. Didn’t buy a cellphone till about 7 or 8 years ago (flip phone) and only bought his first iPhone a year or so ago.

He’s the same with with the remote control, though he’s used ‘em for decades by now.

I wouldn’t trust my father to make a decision that impacted anyone other than himself. And I love the dude.

Moo

Definition of insurrection

: an act or instance of revolting against civil authority or an established government

Jmo, appears to include all gov, including our own.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/insurrection

Unless I’m mistaken Elley, I thought you were against all government? iirc, you said it in the prior thread.

Because I had looked up and posted what “absence of government” meant, and Meriam-Webster’s dictionary defined it as anarchy.

Rick Santorum..Instead of calling for gun laws,kids should take CPR classes.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/25/politics/rick-santorum-guns-cnntv/index.html

"How about kids instead of looking to someone else to solve their problem, do something about maybe taking CPR classes or trying to deal with situations that when there is a violent shooter that you can actually respond to that," Santorum said on CNN's "State of the Union."

73 teens shot to death in the 37 days since the Parkland Massacre.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/teens-killed-since-parkland_us_5ab54cd5e4b0decad049d34c

At least 73 teens have been shot to death in the 37 days since that massacre, according to HuffPost’s review of a database compiled by Gun Violence Archive, a not-for-profit organization that tracks shootings across the country. (Because Gun Violence Archive culls its data from media reports, there may be cases that haven’t been included.)

I agree, what a disrespectful, opinionated little s**t IMO. Where does he live at 17yrs. old? Under mom & dad's roof that pay his way in life? Does he have a job? That kid has a lot to learn about life yet IMO. Maybe when he is out there as an adult paying his own way he will learn some more about life. And there is no need to pull the p**s out of the older generation either. He didn't live in that era so what would he know?
I have always said for a while now i feel sorry for the younger generation today, because they will have things a lot more difficult than when i grew up, and have many more obstacles to overcome.

Regardless of how you feel about his delivery, he and others are getting it done.IMO

WTF, Santorum??!!!

We are not going to even talk about regulating guns, so you all better take some first aid classes, and learn how to deal with bullet wounds.:facepalm: The gun culture is like a mental illness. They just don't get it.

We are not going to even talk about regulating guns, so you all better take some first aid classes, and learn how to deal with bullet wounds.:facepalm: The gun culture is like a mental illness. They just don't get it.

I don't think it's a mental illness per se, i think it's a culture embedded deep in the American psyche. And the entertainment industry also promotes it.

Regardless of how you feel about his delivery, he and others are getting it done.IMO

Yes, i get what he & others are doing, but his delivery would be offensive to people of an older generation was the point i was making.

I read upthread the comparison between the Vietnam protests and these protest marches recently. What do these protest marches actually achieve apart from getting people's attention?
Do they ever really make a difference to legislation anyway? Do they ever really stop the violence in society?
Are these marches against all types of violence with weapons including the homegrown & overseas violence (war), as well?
I hope they are, IMO.

I read upthread the comparison between the Vietnam protests and these protest marches recently. What do these protest marches actually achieve apart from getting people's attention?
Do they ever really make a difference to legislation anyway? Do they ever really stop the violence in society?
Are these marches against all types of violence with weapons including the homegrown & overseas violence (war), as well?
I hope they are, IMO.

BBM

War abroad should be eradicated before you stop gun slaughter at home?

Doesn't warm mine.

"School shooting survivor tired of ‘old *advertiser censored* parents’ failing on gun control"
(David Hogg)
“When your old-*advertiser censored* parent is like, ‘I don’t know how to send an iMessage,’ and you’re just like, ‘Give me the ****ing phone and let me handle it.’ Sadly, that’s what we have to do with our government. Our parents don’t know how to use a f–king democracy, so we have to"
https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...censored*-parents-failing-on-gun-control/amp/

These kids, IMO, are being horribly exploited and encouraged in a very predatory and misguided way as they process a horrific tragedy by one of their own former classmates.

This new found activism isn't "therapy", but profound denial and a sick exploitation of what the REAL problems are that produced the circumstances for their former classmate to conduct a mass shooting. The adults in their lives, IMO, have failed them miserably. They think they are acting with "laser focus" on what the real problems are, but can't see the forest for the trees.

The adults, the administrators, the governmental authorities, ALL FAILED THESE KIDS with their idiotic leniency and intentional shielding of Nick Cruz. The ADULTS and AUTHORITIES with their negligence and appalling deflection killed the 17 students and teachers at Stoneman Douglas. The gun was just the tool in the hands of an out of control psychopath, who no adult had the balls to confront, remove, and restrain, because of horrifically misguided lenient policies.

None of these deeply misguided teens and activists seem to realize that the weapons that needs to be controlled are the profoundly disturbed STUDENTS and ex-students (like NC) who conduct these awful rampages in schools.

There are no boogymen hiding in the bushes trying to break into schools to shoot kids-- in case after case after case, it is a STUDENT or a FORMER STUDENT that perpetrates these unspeakable atrocities. "Security theater" doesn't fix the problem. More metal detectors doesn't fix the problem. More armed security guards doesn't fix the problem. "Gun control" doesn't fix the problem.

Dealing properly and assertively with disturbed, dangerous students WILL improve the situation.

Stronger doors, more entry buzzers, and stronger glass at the office doors won't stop a determined student shooter.

We HAVE to start calling them STUDENT SHOOTERS to really begin to understand the warped psychology behind what is going on, and get to the root of the problem, to STOP the mayhem.

"Gun control" is just NOT the problem. It is nothing but a huge distraction.

Tucker Carlson: David Hogg Should Stay Out Of Gun Debate, He's An "Extremist"

Let's take this seriously. We should take it seriously because it's serious. If you honestly don't care what the people who disagree with you think, if you believe they want to "murder more children," who are you? Well, you're angry. You're definitely not fit to be making policy for the rest of us. You are by definition an extremist. You should not have power if you really believe anyone who disagrees with you is evil and wants to kill the innocent.

Maybe a journalist can point that out but, no, journalists agree with Emma Gonzalez and David Hogg so they've slapped them on the cover of TIME magazine and declare that they're heroes and you're not allowed to disagree with them...

TUCKER CARLSON: Wait, you say, 'Why are you picking on David Hogg? He's only a kid, he shouldn't be held to adult standards of reasoning or think critically about the consequences of what he espouses.' Well, yeah, exactly. He is a kid. He has just been through unspeakable tragedy. And that's why adults shouldn't be using him or his friends to push their agendas to the rest of us.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v..._stay_out_of_gun_debate_hes_an_extremist.html

BBM.

Stop Making Children Into Moral Authorities

On March 14, high school students from Parkland, Florida, led a school walkout in favor of gun control. The media have already appointed student witnesses of the horror at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School untouchable moral authorities; their opinions are not to be questioned.

There is something deeply perverse about using children to promote a political agenda. Children simply don't know anything about politics.

What makes children particularly valuable is their innocence, not their ignorance. The left seems to like conflating the two characteristics.

Innocence is the moral quality of being sinless, and children are inherently innocent specifically because they have not yet developed the ability to distinguish right from wrong.

But they're not moral guides. We must protect them from having to act as moral guides until they are prepared to do so. And that means we must stop using their innocence -- their lack of capacity for moral decision-making -- as a substitute for moral authority. To do anything less isn't merely foolish; it's cruel.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/a...g_children_into_moral_authorities_136584.html

I hope they are, IMO.

It made them all feel like they accomplished "something". It salved their emotional distress for a nanosecond. They lettered their signs, had the excitement of being "part of something bigger than themselves", and now they have to go back to the real world.

In the end, these pointless marches and demonstrations are all "a tale, told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." IMO.

It'll all be forgotten in a few days, or weeks-- but the problem of what to actually DO to REALLY make a difference with disturbed school shooters, will remain.

We will ban bump stocks, and raise the age to 21 to buy guns. But none of that will make a bit of difference in identifying and fixing the problems of disturbed school shooters, IMO. Until the next one, then there will be some kind of outcry to ban "something" as a bandaid.

You never fix any problem by being reactive. Problems are solved by being proactive. And it takes a lot of courage and a stiff spine to be courageous enough to say what the problem is, and work to fix it, because it's not "politically correct" to identify the REAL problems.

I don't think it's a mental illness per se, i think it's a culture embedded deep in the American psyche. And the entertainment industry also promotes it.

Something is seriously mentally wrong with a person who responds to kids getting shot, with a suggestion that the kids should take CPR classes and deal with it.

BBM

War abroad should be eradicated before you stop gun slaughter at home?

Violence anywhere in the world is the problem. To get to the root of the problem requires looking within ourselves to see why we are violent at all. The war within people, (violence) is projected externally onto other human beings, and the world.
We are the world. And yes, Americans do participate in the slaughter called war elsewhere as well as on their own turf. It is no different. As i said why are we violent at all? Why do we even entertain the notion. If people were peaceful we would have a peaceful society, but we don't have that at all.

Something is seriously mentally wrong with a person who responds to kids getting shot, with a suggestion that the kids should take CPR classes and deal with it.

Who said that? Sorry, i must of missed something.

I hope they are, IMO.

I would hope that people who are concerned about violence overseas, would first be concerned with violence right here in this country. It's kind of hypocritical to be concerned about violence in other countries when this type of violence is occuring in our own country.

I would hope that people who are concerned about violence overseas, would first be concerned with violence right here in this country. It's kind of hypocritical to be concerned about violence in other countries when this type of violence is occuring in our own country.

People no matter where you live on the globe that are concerned with violence at all do not participate in violence, it's really as simple as that.

Who said that? Sorry, i must of missed something.

Post #163

Rick Santorum..Instead of calling for gun laws,kids should take CPR classes.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/25/politics/rick-santorum-guns-cnntv/index.html

"How about kids instead of looking to someone else to solve their problem, do something about maybe taking CPR classes or trying to deal with situations that when there is a violent shooter that you can actually respond to that," Santorum said on CNN's "State of the Union."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024