WA WA - Guy Geyer, aka "Jake," 61, veh located @ friend's property, Chewelah, 15 Nov 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

ChatteringBirds

Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Thumbnail (8).png
Guy Geyer
Missing Person / NamUs #MP76363
Male, White / Caucasian
Date of Last Contact: November 15, 2020
Missing From: Chewelah, Washington

Missing Age: 61 Years
Current Age: 61 Years

Nickname/Alias: Jake

Height: 6' 0" - 6' 2" (72 - 74 Inches)
Weight: 155 - 160 lbs
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown

Last Known Location: Chewelah, Washington
County: Stevens County

Circumstances of Disappearance
Guy went missing on Sunday 11/15/20. He was last heard from on Tuesday 11/17/20. His vehicle was located on Friday 11/20/20 at a family friend’s property in Chewelah but there was no sign of Guy. He is most likely on foot as the vehicle was left on the property with the keys still inside. The house was unlocked with all of his tools still inside. This is very out of character for him. There is no history of dementia.

NamUs Case Created: December 10, 2020

Guy Geyer | Facebook

Washington State Patrol: Missing Children Clearinghouse Poster (wa.gov)

MAP: Chewelah, WA 99109 to Deer Park, WA - Google Maps

NOV 30, 2020
MISSING: Deputies say circumstances ‘a bit suspicious’ in Clayton man’s abrupt disappearance | News | khq.com
5fc55d0070896.image.jpg
5fc55d020da49.image.jpg

[...]
The family said the truck Geyer was last driving was found at a property in Chewelah where he had been working. The keys were inside and the home was unlocked.

“That was really out of character,” his daughter said. “His phone has been off for days. And now, you can’t even leave a message, it’s full from people worried…trying to get a hold of him.

SCSO deputies confirm they are actively working the case and trying to get the family answers, calling the circumstances behind the disappearance as ‘a bit suspicious.’

The family has spent the past few days putting up flyers from Chewelah to Deer Park. They are hopeful law enforcement and volunteers can coordinate a foot or aerial search of the property and surrounding area where the truck was found.

[...]

Geyer is married with children and grandchildren who are devastated over the lack of answers.

[...]

If the details of this disappearance seem familiar, it could be because it has some similarities to another case a Steven's County family asked Hayley to feature last month.

Loved ones of 65-year-old Doyle Putnam of Ford, Washington say he seemingly vanished earlier this Fall. He never showed up for a critical neck surgery, and they feared someone took advantage of his vulnerable state.

[...]

It doesn't appear that there is any connection between these two disappearances, but there are two Stevens County families desperate for some answers. If you can help in any way, call SCSO right away.

[...]

In his photo on NamUs, he has a greying beard, but there is no mention of it (grey hair or a beard) on the NamUs listing.

ETA: If he doesn't have it currently, and that's why it's not listed under "Facial hair," this really becomes confusing.

This poster says his hair is brown/ grey, thinning, but doesn't mention the beard either: 5fc55d020da49.image.jpg

Did he have the beard when he went missing? Maybe they thought it just didn't need to be mentioned because it's clearly there in the photo. I wonder if he's been known to shave it or has had it for years?

Just a detail that might matter if he's out there and in public; locals need to know what to look for.

No updates found.
KHQ Hayley Guenthner
Have you seen this missing Stevens County man?

The family of Guy Geyer, 61, wrote to me asking me to ask you to please share this post. Geyer hasn’t been seen or heard from since November 17th. SCSO says the circumstances surrounding his disappearance are ‘suspicious.’ His vehicle has been found at a property/residence he was doing some work on in Chewelah. His keys were inside the vehicle and the house was unlocked (very out of character according to loved ones.) If you can help, call SCSO 509.684.2555.

Missing People In America

[...]
If the details of this disappearance seem familiar, it could be because it has some similarities to another case a Steven's County family asked Hayley to feature last month.

Loved ones of 65-year-old Doyle Putnam of Ford, Washington say he seemingly vanished earlier this Fall. He never showed up for a critical neck surgery, and they feared someone took advantage of his vulnerable state.

[...]
RSBM
Here's Doyle's WS thread.
WA - WA - Doyle Putnam, 65, Stevens County, 20 Aug 2020

JAN 4, 2021
The Missing: Recent cases with Stevens County ties remain unsolved, families fearing foul play | News | khq.com
[...]

"It's been almost two months," said missing man Guy Geyer's daughter AM. "The holidays have come and gone. This is a man who would not missing holidays with his grandkids for anything."

[...]

"I think the lack of any kind of disturbance is more concerning," AM said. "I don't know that there is necessarily foul play involved yet, but the house was very clean, far cleaner than a house should be undergoing renovations. There was no saw dust on the floor. Everything was swept and clean."

More peculiar to those who knew Guy, the house he was working on wasn't locked with his tools neatly stacked inside. As for that truck he was driving, that was found keys still in it and the window down.

"Yeah, in the middle of winter, he wouldn't do that ever," she said.

The family says Guy was known for being very diligent about always locking up both homes and vehicles. He was also known to be extremely cautious with his valuable tools. They say the discovery was so eerily out of character.

[...]

The family has a friend who wants to search the area with dogs. They are meeting with investigators this week and are hopeful some sort of update will surface.

[...]

The Missing Q6 Cold Case
‎Q6 Cold Case: The Missing on Apple Podcasts
This episode digs into the disappearances of three adults, all with ties to Stevens County. Doyle Putnam, 65, vanished near Ford. Guy Geyer, 61, disappeared without a trace outside of Chewelah. Melinda Lopez had ties to Stevens County, but the 35-year-old was last spotted in Newport. While no one believes these cases are connected, their families fear there could be as many killers as there are cases. Someone knows something. Is it you?

It is stated in the OP that he left home on Sunday Nov 15 and was last heard from on Tuesday Nov 17. Was he working on the other property on Sunday? Was he supposed to return home that day? Could anyone verify that he wasn't home between Sunday and Tuesday? Is the two day gap an issue at all?

It looks like the property he was working on was only checked days later - his car was found there on Friday. It means that the location didn't come to mind to family immediately.

Going by the condition of the interior, it seems like he has not started working yet when he arrived. If he were attacked by a stranger inside, the attacker wouldn't care about tidying the scene. If someone associated with the property were involved, wouldn't they lock up and leave the car at a different location?

Under which circumstance would he leave the keys in the car and the property unlocked? He could have been abducted from outside.

STEVENS COUNTY, Wash. - This week marks the one-year anniversary of a Clayton man's disappearance. Stevens County Sheriff's Office (SCSO) refers to the circumstances as ‘a bit suspicious.’

"It seems like it's so easy to disappear out here," Guy Geyer’s daughter Amanda Evans said. "Somebody out there knows what happened."

The family said in the weeks before he vanished, Guy had been working in Chewelah to fix up a home owned by a friend who lives out of the area.

"The house was in the middle of renovations," Amanda said. "My dad, if he's in the middle of working on a room, he's not going to stop and clean and sweep the entire room."

She says in addition to how odd it was that the space was so tidy, the family also noted how out of character it was that so many valuables were left behind. She says a truck he had borrowed from a friend for work was also there, with keys left in it.

“And the windows were down...this was mid-November," she said. "He would never leave that house unlocked too. He would never leave tools in an unsecured house. He wouldn't do things like that."

SCSO deputies confirmed to KHQ last year that they are actively working the case and trying to get the family answers, calling the circumstances behind the disappearance ‘a bit suspicious.’

The family says they have put up missing person flyers, but Amanda says they were puzzled to see some had been removed. She says they plan to put more up in the coming weeks. She says they have also combed through the area with cadaver dogs, but nothing useful was found.

"I think somebody came and picked him up or someone was out at that house with him," she said. "It is still being treated as a missing person's case of sorts, and until they can get a lead (or tip) there is no progress. I don't know where to turn anymore. I don't want my dad forgotten, but I don't know where else to look anymore."

Guy Geyer is described as being about 6'1, 160 pounds with thinning brown/grey hair. He was last seen wearing a red coat and jeans. If you can help in any way, please call (509) 684 - 2555.

(Video at source )
"I don't know where else to look"; Family of missing Clayton man pleads with the public for tips

Guy's case has been added to The Charley Project today.
Guy Geyer – The Charley Project
Details of Disappearance
Geyer was last seen in Chewelah, Washington on November 15, 2020. He was working to renovate a home owned by a family friend. He was last heard from two days later, on the 17th. He has never been heard from again.

He had borrowed a truck to use for the renovations, and on November 20 it was found abandoned on the friend's property with the keys still inside it and the window rolled down. The house he was renovating was left unlocked, with all his tools still inside it. The house was also left in an "unusually" tidy condition, without even any sawdust on the floor.

It's uncharacteristic of Geyer to leave his tools in an unsecured house, or to leave his truck unlocked. He is considered to be missing under suspicious circumstances. His case remains unsolved.

I live very very close to Chewelah and the comment his daughter made: "It seems like it's so easy to disappear out here" couldn't be more true. The NE portion of WA state is heavily forested and lightly populated. And in the winter months...

I feel so badly for this family, it must be paralyzing not knowing what happened to your loved one. :(

I drove through Chewelah recently and thought about Guy/"Jake".

What could have possibly happened to him? Did he witness something he shouldn't have? Was he just at the wrong place/wrong time? Was there something premeditated and he was the target? Did he just walk out into the woods on his own?

I can't quite figure it out, but this one haunts me. To think you can vanish without a trace or be killed without any justice just doesn't sit well.

IMO

I would like to thank each of you for spreading the word about my dad. It has been over three years and we still don't have any new answers. My dad did still have his beard when he went missing. This was a detail that I overlooked when creating flyers after he disappeared. Again, thank you all for helping spread the word.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back