Haleigh's Bus Stop

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The bigger question is why did RC pick up Haleigh at the bus stop? It seems that Misty had that job because of RC's hours. She picks up her brother's kids at that time at the same stop.

Count me out. I trust the posters who say they saw it on HLN. The people who believe them don't need to "chip in" for anything.

Busy has done an outstanding job in the search for the truth and to find Haleigh. The hours, days, weeks, and months she has spent working on this case with those phone calls, research, emails, and everything else is beyond the call of duty here. Bravo, Busy!!

I believe LE knows with 100% certainty who picked Haleigh up that day. The only thing that would matter about the bus stop is if someone was not normally there and took an interest in Haleigh. We would not find this information being broadcast from LE, imo.

Interesting. I believe it is you who does not trust those posters who state they are sure they saw TN state that she picked up HaLeigh that morning. Okay. We'll just go with a theory that "If it fits my theory it is valid information."

I also think you're the one who stated that LE knows nothing and should release what they know in order to clear TN. Which is it? They know or they do not? It's becoming confusing to keep track of the sliding scale of theories here.

Ron states that he picked her up at about 3:45, took her home and she "loved on" him and he went to work. Now, he was doing some tree cutting job before then. That's cutting it (no pun intended) kinda close. Doing all that hard labor work in the a.m. (when people say they saw him racing out of the MH park to take Haleigh to school) then racing back to get Haleigh from the bus stop, dropping her off and racing off to work to be there by 4 p.m. Whew. He runs a tight schedule, does our Ron.

The bigger question is why did RC pick up Haleigh at the bus stop? It seems that Misty had that job because of RC's hours. She picks up her brother's kids at that time at the same stop.

Well that's a good point. Didn't a former neighbor, who is a poster here, say that the afternoon school bus pick-up was something Misty always did ? IIRC, he posted that she drove Ron's Nissan, drove her SIL's van or walked over to meet the bus. Maybe there was confusion over who was picking Haleigh up that Monday afternoon because Misty had been gone over the weekend ?

Ron states that he picked her up at about 3:45, took her home and she "loved on" him and he went to work. Now, he was doing some tree cutting job before then. That's cutting it (no pun intended) kinda close. Doing all that hard labor work in the a.m. (when people say they saw him racing out of the MH park to take Haleigh to school) then racing back to get Haleigh from the bus stop, dropping her off and racing off to work to be there by 4 p.m. Whew. He runs a tight schedule, does our Ron.

He had to be at work at 4:30 not 4:00. I think the bus comes earlier than 3:45 but I will check to see where I read that.

Debs, around the 4 minute mark, Ron says the last time he saw her was after he took her home and that was 3:45.

YouTube - Abducted Haleigh Cummings Father Ronald on Today Show

I meant to link the url and not the video. Every time I try, I get the video. Tom's Girl, can you fix that part for me if it's not ok to link that? Thanks.

I actually called bus compound early last week (I told you I'm obsessed) and spoke w woman who was very informative and helpful. She assured me that all the children from the entire area (Seven Sisters, etc ) all utilize the same stop--at Tyler and Monroe Sts. I was also informed by the friendly bus dispatcher/coordinator that no child is permitted to get off school bus unless adult/parent is at stop to meet them--in which case they are taken across town to bus compound. This at least rules out possibility that Haleigh could have gotten off bus w/out adult there to meet her. Assuming bus driver (I know her name too, and could probably also find her no. but this is where even I must draw a line oy) has confirmed for LE dad was in fact there at stop to meet Haleigh that day, I am still left wondering exactly what time dad rounded up gf; if stories re gf just coming off three-day drug binge are true; and if she could've been either late and dad possibly left for work before gf actually arrived... or if gf may have resumed partying as soon as dad left--either case in which there could have been ample opportunity earlier in the day were there poor supervision of Haleigh. I am just not sure re alleged 7 pm sighting (which has varied), nor reports of kids' bedtime (which have differed), nor any of these sketchy accounts we've heard of hours following Haleigh's reported arrival at bus stop--and neither, evidently is LE who continues requestioning gf, no doubt re timeline and the actual size of this "window of opportunity" thru which an SO could have crawled. JMO

:parrot:

Bold by me: I thought I would bump up this thread to continue the conversation of who picked up Haleigh at the bus stop on the day in question. I was very thankful to re-read this thread and discover that the issue of who picked Haleigh up was solved and then re-discussed on many occasions. However, I knew that I remembered that a determined sleuth-er had done some investigating and confirmed that the bus driver knew who it was that picked Haleigh up that day, thank you Kiki.

In my opinion the issue with the bus stop and JS came back up when Art H aimed his "spotlight" on the situation in an attempt to get folks talking about Haleigh by creating controversy.

IMO Ronald is not the only person with a reason to tell the truth. What I have uncovered while examining the bus stop accounts are 2 different stories, one supplied to us by Law Enforcement and several unidentified witnesses at the bus stop that day, and another story supplied by Art H, who of course was not even at the bus stop that afternoon, but instead is reporting the observations of what JS and SM and also a grandfather that wishes to remain nameless, claim to have seen on the day that Haleigh went missing. Oddly enough one of the interviews has been pulled down off the AH website, reason unknown. I get that weird Error 404 message.

Thankfully we now have the transcript of the Headline news with Mike Galanos( much thanks and appreciation to Meemaw12) with guest, Captain Dick S, who positively states that RC picked up Haleigh from the bus stop that afternoon. His account of the events is supported by Ronalds statement, Teresa’s statement, as well as other witnesses, while not named, they were present at the bus stop that day. Article here:

http://www.artharris.com/2009/09/09/exlusive-haleigh-cummings-last-day/

Snip~ However, Ronald maintains he picked up Haleigh, drove her home on his lap, then went to work at PDM Bridge Company. Other unidentified witnesses back Ronald’s account, according to sources close to the case, but I never found them.~ end snip

Art Harris himself reports that other identified witnesses confirm Ronald’s account, but he has never found them, Why, has he never found them? In my opinion because he never looked. It was much more dramatic and controversial to run with the story that alluded to a missing child’s father as having something to hide. jmo

It wasn’t just Ronald that clearly remembered picking up Haleigh, but the other parents at the bus stop were not confused either, Art Harris himself reported that there were such independent witnesses, but he never spoke with them. In my opinion it was Law Enforcement who spoke with them and that is how and why they could say with certainty that it was Ronald who picked up Haleigh at the bus stop that day.

So no, I wasn’t confused who picked up Haleigh from the bus stop. My reference to confusion actually is an opinion that I formed after reading from AH’s website where he can be quoted as having said the following.
http://www.artharris.com/2009/09/09/exlusive-haleigh-cummings-last-day/

snip~Like the famous Japanese movie, Rashoman, where more than a dozen eye witness accounts of the same crime differ, the Haleigh Cummings case has been plagued by so many witnesses with faulty memories, conflicting accounts, and downright deception, it’s been a nightmare for investigators who quickly ruled out stranger abduction to focus on those close to the family, then zeroed in on the last person to report Haleigh alive— end snip

Who picked up tommy's kids? I thought misty was babysitting for the brother that day. Maybe both cars were there. Maybe misty picked up tommy's kids and Ron picked up Haleigh. This accounts for both stories and also accounts for why rc was mad at misty. He wanted her home, not at Tommy's.

Misty says she was home and jr was sleeping so rc picked up Haleigh. I don't believe her. jr may have been sleeping but i don't think misty was with him. This may be one of the reasons rc was so upset.

Wanna bet rc was out fighting with her to come home and watch his kids?

I actually called bus compound early last week (I told you I'm obsessed) and spoke w woman who was very informative and helpful. She assured me that all the children from the entire area (Seven Sisters, etc ) all utilize the same stop--at Tyler and Monroe Sts. I was also informed by the friendly bus dispatcher/coordinator that no child is permitted to get off school bus unless adult/parent is at stop to meet them--in which case they are taken across town to bus compound. This at least rules out possibility that Haleigh could have gotten off bus w/out adult there to meet her. Assuming bus driver ... has confirmed for LE dad was in fact there at stop to meet Haleigh that day, I am still left wondering exactly what time dad rounded up gf; if stories re gf just coming off three-day drug binge are true; and if she could've been either late and dad possibly left for work before gf actually arrived... or if gf may have resumed partying as soon as dad left--either case in which there could have been ample opportunity earlier in the day were there poor supervision of Haleigh. I am just not sure re alleged 7 pm sighting (which has varied), nor reports of kids' bedtime (which have differed), nor any of these sketchy accounts we've heard of hours following Haleigh's reported arrival at bus stop--and neither, evidently is LE who continues requestioning gf, no doubt re timeline and the actual size of this "window of opportunity" thru which an SO could have crawled. JMO

Bold by me: I thought I would bump up this thread to continue the conversation of who picked up Haleigh at the bus stop on the day in question. I was very thankful to re-read this thread and discover that the issue of who picked Haleigh up was solved and then re-discussed on many occasions. However, I knew that I remembered that a determined sleuth-er had done some investigating and confirmed that the bus driver knew who it was that picked Haleigh up that day, thank you Kiki.

In my opinion the issue with the bus stop and JS came back up when Art H aimed his "spotlight" on the situation in an attempt to get folks talking about Haleigh by creating controversy.

(snip, bbm) Your words--not mine--underscored. Evidently my words, from ten months ago even, are still being... reinterpreted.

Kindly re-read my posts if doing more than quoting or bumping and attempting to re-interpret the information contained therein.

A. Please Note the word "ADULT." Misty tho not technically, legally an "adult" was--for purposes of school transportation policy (collecting children, ie nieces/nephews, and Haleigh w whom she was living as her father's significant other, from bus)--evidently allowed to pick up children and served as such. At the time of my call and my post, during first weeks of investigation we were all attempting to verify that somebody--one of the two--would have indeed arrived to meet Haleigh when she got off the bus that day.

B. Please note the word "ASSUMING." This is key. My sentence began, "ASSUMING bus driver has confirmed for LE that dad was in fact there at the stop to meet Haleigh that day, I am still left wondering..." To assume means "w/out proof." It is a conditional or hypothetical clause, much like beginning a sentence w the word "IF..."

C. I most assuredly could *NOT* confirm that the bus driver "KNEW WHO IT WAS WHO PICKED HALEIGH UP THAT DAY." Not then, and not now. Rather only that, according to their policy, Haleigh wouldn't have been dropped off w NO ONE there to meet her... everything else was CLEARLY conditional or hypothetical, as prefaced by the word "ASSUMING."

D. Ten months ago, assuming is all we could do, as we hadn't heard from anyone present at the bus stop. Thankfully we since have heard from eyewitnesses, and therefore are no longer forced to "ASSUME."

No need for thanking, please simply avoid misinterpretating, and rephrasing, information and ideas clearly and adequately conveyed w/in my own post. This isn't merely "bumping" but went on at some length to reinterpret. I'm not on HC forum much to set watch or be on the lookout any longer for accuracy of posts which go beyond quoting and attempt to "clarify" my own words. I now post very seldom here for this reason. JMO

Maybe we should all chip in. Since a lot of people swore they heard TN saying that she picked Haleigh up in that infamous NG clip, it appears that it's a bit risky business not doubting what someone else heard on a TV show long ago.. I mean, it was in March and even if Schauland was on a show saying something, what was his exact wording? No one can remember that now if there's no transcript. It might make a difference if he says: "We have verified that..." or "That's what we've been told", etc.

Not to distrust anyone but I have been wrong lots of times about things that I was sure that I heard or things that I was sure that I remembered hearing,

I do not understand the big deal. There is a whole page of JVM transcripts on CNN - for free !!!

btw - I have learned not to assume that our transcriptions based on our recollections are not verbatim and tend to be colored by our own opinions which is, imo, normal. [I know the actual Santos audio painted an entirely different picture for me when I finally broke down and listened to it myself.]

And one more thing --- how in the heck does AH get away with calling the news4jax interview of Misty and Lisa his exclusive? You can clearly see the CNN and WJXT logos in the background of the photo accompanying the article And it's Laura asking the questions, not Art. He has ruined my impression of him. I waxed so eloquent about his investigative reporting skills way-back-when. Since it has been established that he was working as a media consultant for Cobra and Kim, I do not think his website should be included as MSM/journalism reporting. [Which at least gives the illusion of "fair and balanced", even when it's not. [sorry....... know I'm way off topic here.]

Sorry LF, I was responding to the Kiki/Elle post and missed yours.

I am sick to death of the terrible reporting in this case.....from all the media.

At least if we had the ACTUAL work hours, we would have something. AFAIK, there were two shifts at PDM. I am taking the words of LE who had to guard the plant after RC was fired.

TWO shifts: I have read the hours of the two shifts were 7:00am to 3:30 and 3:30 to 12:00am. This makes perfect sense. RC was not able to pick up Haliegh from the bus stop during the week because he had to be at work. It was misty who generally picked her up. If rc picked her up at 3:30 then neighbors would likely remember, if they were questioned right away.

JS said he did NOT. Do we have anything to compare or challange he and his wife's statement?

I thought she stated she threw out Tommy and Timmy's workboots.. BIG BIG mistake if thats the truth..And IMHO IF Timmy indeed falied an LDT he should have never been allowed to leave Florida.. And IF by chance he took an LDT after he and his family moved out of the state, he should have been hauled back to Florida immediately..JMO

Personally, I'm thoroughly ticked ALL the pressure has been applied to the Croslins and none to the Cummings... I suspect the Cummings Clan are delighted though..
Look like it's ALL going down just as they planned...JMO

I think the cummings are feeling just what LE wants them to.

This video is one of the best most informative interviews. Lyndsey is even put at the trailer after Haleigh gets out of school.

The cops know how important Ron's race away from the trailer was that day. Interesting he does not say Misty was in the car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt8NF64nOAU

I think the cummings are feeling just what LE wants them to.

This video is one of the best most informative interviews. Lyndsey is even put at the trailer after Haleigh gets out of school.

The cops know how important Ron's race away from the trailer was that day. Interesting he does not say Misty was in the car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt8NF64nOAU

Thanks Dr. Fessel, I haven't listened to that one for quite sometime now..
JS stated he was told he was one of the last four people to ever see Haleigh..Wonder who the other three are they were referring to when they made that statement..

Also, can you elaborate further about the cops knowing how important Ron's race away from the trailer was that morning, I don't quite understand, other than he was racing to pick up Haleigh from wherever she was so he could get her to school...JMO

Thanks Dr. Fessel, I haven't listened to that one for quite sometime now..
JS stated he was told he was one of the last four people to ever see Haleigh..Wonder who the other three are they were referring to when they made that statement..

Also, can you elaborate further about the cops knowing how important Ron's race away from the trailer was that morning, I don't quite understand, other than he was racing to pick up Haleigh from wherever she was so he could get her to school...JMO

The cummings story goes something like this. They had to run to grandma's house to get the right clothes for Haleigh because she did not want to wear what they had for her. Ron, Misty and Haleigh were supposed to be in the car. Jerry says he saw Ron, did not know if Haleigh was in there because of the tinted window and he doesn't say anything about Misty in the car. He should have seen her just as easy as Ron.

When he told them the story about Ron driving like crazy the cops were really interested in that and it was like it explained something to them they were trying to put together.

Personally I think Misty was in the back seat with a knocked out Haleigh.

If JS is telling the truth about being told he was one of the last four people to see Haleigh, then that brings us back to was she or wasn't she in school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!