Handwriting Experiment

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
ajt400
Read ST's deposition for information on the handwriting analysis. The 24/26 statement has NOT been verified.

Originally posted by twilight
Ajt 400 Ever heard of Urban legend? This is an Internet legend of the same ilk. Patsy scored 24 out of 26 letters as a match. (ST Book)

Missing 2 and making that a 4.5 out of 5, or a long shot, is not possible no matter what you do with the numbers. 2 out of 26 cannot equal 4.5.

However, 24 out of 26 can equal (24 divided by 26 = 92.3% and 92.3% of 5 = 4.6) 4.5 out of 5. Do the math. Someone has rearranged the numbers and tried to make them work to their advantage.

Patsy scored 4.5 out of a possible 5, making her an extremely high probabilty for a match. And what's more she scores 5 out of 5, for a linguistic match. Therefore it is safe to conclude that Patsy wrote the ransom note. Hands down, no argument.

That means that one of those Ramseys did the dirty deed BECAUSE mommy dearest would not write the note for a total stranger, now would she.

Over time I have come to the conclusion that the only person an individual as self-centered as PR would protect, would be herself.

DITTO(HOWEVER SO PAINFUL TO ADMIT!)...LOL; YOU SAID IT...SO RIGHTLY/PAINFULLY that I'm working on channelling the emotions of pain!!!...!!!

We (one) must do this to understand IMHO...it's a challenge in the modern day living ritual...>GAME OF LIFE if you want to call it that?!?!

Originally posted by Maxi
IMHO PATSY'S (LEFT HAND ON SUITCASE) caused the shakiness!? in the handwriting?

!?; IMHO PATSY'S (LEFT HAND ON SUITCASE) caused the shakiness!?MIND OVER MATTER...TOGETHER-THEY'RE (JOHN/PATSY) A TEAM "TOGETHER, WHERE WE GO."

(HER AND JOHN ... not JonBenet ...)...!!!

What do you guys think caused the shakiness in the handwriting?

Maxi, how timely is that question? :-) Yesterday, I tore up yet another two attempts at my forgery because of my shaking! I just need to keep trying. I am shaking because of the speed that I am writing at - slow because I am conentrating on forming the letters in a particular way.

This experiment is only going to be good for one thing - to see if someone else could convincingly forge another's writing. I don't think that it's going to fool my analyst because the real person (the person whose writing I am trying to forge) is also going to write the same passage for the analyst to compare.

It's hard. I think it would be easier if I was a bit more artistic. My handwriting is messy and the person whose writing I am trying to forge has nice handwriting.

Originally posted by Maxi
What do you guys think caused the shakiness in the handwriting?

IMHO She (Patsy) had just done the UNTHINKABLE(who wants to GO THERE?)!;she(Patsy)warned us "DON'T GO THERE PAL!" remember? !

IMHO..read the latest book by W.A. Davis;I've got/read it and it's trama/compelling if you can comprehend/handle the dark side...!
IMHO...it's truly HARD TO READ BUT POSSIBLE IMHO...

http://www.fetchbook.info/search_1413411088/tab_editions.html
An Evening with JonBenet Ramsey
By Walter A. Davis
Paperback / Xlibris Corporation / September, 2003 / 1413411088
List Price $21.99 / Books Similar to An Evening with JonBenet Ramsey
See also at Amazon.

I have posted the results of my handwriting experiment at Purgatory in the JBR folder under "Handwriting Experiment".

You can compare my forgery and the real article and you can read about my struggle to get as far as I did with the experiment.

For those who can't be bothered going to Purgatory, the bottom line was that I failed to achieve the last stage of my forgery. I created the forgery using a scanned piece of writing from my 'forgee'. I then copied and pasted words and letters from the sample and created my new piece of text. The final stage was to print it out and trace it but I was unable to trace it due to shaky hands and lack of time.

When you compare the two side by side, you can tell which one is the forgery because it's not as neat as the real article. However, my objective was to produce a forgery which would be "questionable" - i.e. which could not EXCLUDE the forgee as the writer.

Have I achieved that? Check it out:-

http://forums.delphiforums.com/PurgatoryII/messages

It wasn't just Patsy's handwriting but also the way Patsy wrote and spoke that indicated Patsy was the author. Patsy herself said whoever wrote the ransom note also was the killer of her daughter. That was a confession.

Jayelles, what you have done is quite impressive. I'm right handed and although I'm not incapable of writing with my left hand it's not something I would do unless there was no other alternative. I do know people though who are reasonably comfortable writing with either hand. My neighbor suffered a stroke several years ago and had to re-learn most all tasks from what she knew her entire life as a right hander. Her handwriting still appears shakey even though she has had about 20 years of practice.

Little

To those who have taken time to check out the results. The person whose handwriting I forged actually thought it was her own writing too! Of course, it's a modern day forgery - done by computer technology.

As regards Patsy's linguistic style, I think any good friend would be able to do that. I could mimic a few of my friends by using phrases of theirs'.

Let's check that out shall we?

'any good friend'

is a phrase Jayelle just used in the last post. So, let's all make up sentences using this phrase and then look to see if they are the same or different. When we get a collection I'll show you how they are similar and how they are different. Who's game?

Jayelles said:
As regards Patsy's linguistic style, I think any good friend would be able to do that. I could mimic a few of my friends by using phrases of theirs'.
So which good friend of Patsy's is a viable suspect here, and why?

Jayelles, do you mean Susan Stine? If so, are you suggesting that she murdered JonBenet and wrote the note in Patsy's handwriting to implicate Patsy? Susan's wacky, but I can't imagine her doing anything like this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue210
Back