Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why you think parking on the property and possibly contaminating the scene is preferable to staging in a safer area. They moved further into the park as not to interfere with people coming to enjoy the park and the Command vehicles being so close to the road were causing some traffic backups.

In other cases I've followed, if an acreage is being searched for bodies, the command center is set up on the acreage. I've never seen a command center set up 1.6 miles from a crime scene, and then moved farther away during the crime scene investigation.

The property is large, and apparently abandoned. There should be plenty of room to put the command post on the property. Also, we know that the command post moved further into the park. I don't understand why the command post for a crime scene search would be moved farther away from the crime scene when there is ample space on the acreage to set up a command post.

This is the location of the command post.

Did they find another crime possible scene perhaps, setting up shop between the two areas? For example, some of her belongings in one area and her body in another?

So does anyone know why there was an announcement that the dogs got an alert on an area that LE planned to dig at if Hannah was laying above ground in a creek bed?

I would think if the creek bed was what the dogs smelled the handlers would have fine tuned the area to search and would have come across the body just laying there.

Why does this case have so many twists, turns, false leads?

As I understood it, that was the area of Walnut Creek Park that was to have been searched Sunday (today) with 200 searchers, including volunteers. JMO. Not the same area that the remains were found at yesterday.

Did they find another crime possible scene perhaps, setting up shop between the two areas? For example, some of her belongings in one area and her body in another?

Searching the body location crime scene is most important, because that is where the perp may have dropped something, and where most evidence related to the body will be found. If the command center is set up 1.6 miles away, then each time one of the investigators needs a drink of water, or a bag for collection, they have to drive 1.6 miles down the road and back. That makes no sense to me, as that would cause far more traffic congestion than if they set up the command center on the 2.5 acre property in question.

Something doesn't add up properly ... so I have to wonder if Coy Barefoot gathered some of his information from this, and other, websites - especially the discussion late last night about Ammonett Branch Creek and connections to the assisted living home.

I'm so sad about this news. However, I'm glad the parents get some sort of closure.

I am baffled with people attacking the LE who led the search team who found the body. Someone on this thread even said he could be a serial killer. Really?

This is a tough job. Like finding a needle in a haystack. This man followed his hunch and kept working on a Saturday in order to bring justice to Hannah. While I agree that his comments were a little too brass, I don't see why people are criticizing an honest citizen who was doing a very tough job with clear passion and care. The media is heavily pursuing this story. This agent has probably been searching for days and hearing about bones, skulls... He is probably a little de-sensitized by the nature of his job and didn't realize he might cause pain/grief to others.

Can we stop blaming the victims of this mess created by ONE person only? JM.

BBM That was me. And I said for all I know. You may have faith in the goodness of LE, but as someone that has a family member that is ex-LE and knowing his vindictiveness and that he's big on having power over people, I don't. Sorry. LE are people too, they aren't always what you'd like them to be. At one article linked to here there was a story on the side about a trooper that was arrested for raping a woman he'd pulled over. So I have a healthy skepticism of people in general, LE or not.

ETA: I have told both my daughters that if they are ever being pulled over by LE in an isolated area to turn on their flashers, drive the speed limit, and only pull over in a populated area or at a police station.

I keep thinking about how worried JM is about being unclean and his clothes. I don't think he would ride around in soiled clothes and I think his slackness in not burying Hannah may be because of his desire to get clean. When I think of all he's alleged to have done, after he's arrested all he wants to ask the judge about is his clothes? It's almost phobic sounding, hope this makes any sense.

Someone posted yesterday that there are oodles of abandoned homes in that area.

Why are there oodles of abandoned homes in that area?

A guess as someone who used to live in cville - family property passed down to generations who choose to get out of the area or who have no interest in farmland.
Or, people who keep the land for purposes having to do with ownership/collatoral but don't want to actively manage it.

my sons, and some of his athlete friend could take a bat, club, knife away from most women and even when brandished with adrenoline. they've done it. that is a major problem with weapons and those who are not so strong and brandishing them. Jm is an athlete and though now a big heavy oafish looking guy, he probably can move very quickly and strike hard. That kind of training often stays.

Awareness and the buddy system really makes a huge dent in abduction chances. I know a woman who was grabbed and raped with a gun in her purse. A little drunk, walking alone. Take away those two factors and it might not have happened. Of course getting rid of the perps would be a better solution,but they are unfortunately out there.

bbm (????)

There was more pre-planning that one may think.

He knew where he was taking her. He had a methodology that would keep the victim from using their phone, from exiting the car and running off into the night, and a place where the car would not be spotted during the rape/murder. A spot where her cries would not be heard.

I'm sure he knew exactly the spot on the property he was going to use.

'

In other cases I've followed, if an acreage is being searched for bodies, the command center is set up on the acreage. I've never seen a command center set up 1.6 miles from a crime scene, and then moved farther away during the crime scene investigation.
Interesting.

The command center is now moved to the beach house at the park. "New police command center location inside Walnut Creek Park in Albemarle County at beach access."

https://twitter.com/NBC29

Well now you have with explanations as to why it was just good practice in that area. I am sure also press is breathing down their necks and they wanted to stage in an area in which there was room to accommodate them safely without cross contamination too. As evidenced by how we handled the Alexis Murphy case, we do things a little different here in Central Virginia and it seems to work to get justice for those who deserve it in an effective manner. I say better safe than sorry in staging so far away.

I keep thinking about how worried JM is about being unclean and his clothes. I don't think he would ride around in soiled clothes and I think his slackness in not burying Hannah may be because of his desire to get clean. When I think of all he's alleged to have done, after he's arrested all he wants to ask the judge about is his clothes? It's almost phobic sounding, hope this makes any sense.
True!!! Phobic is a good observation. It does seem like he was overly concerned with cleanliness and comfort (his own physical).
Another thought, though - if he had another side of himself, one that "flips on" when he's in predator mode, this all may be different for him. Maybe "predator JM" doesn't care, but the moment he switches back, he needs to be clean and comfortable.

We are all amateur sleuthers here(mostly,I know there are some pros) lets try to not second guess EVERY LE move-like the location of the command center. There are many things we do not, and should not know. When we're waiting for info. there is a tendency for idle speculation and endless what ifs .

Can someone please give a run-down on new information since the PC other than just the body being found? Did they also find clothing or personal items?

According to a recent report by Coy Barefoot, this search was from a tip called in October 6th after a neighbor noticed a large amount of buzzards flying behind this home. He also knew the house was vacant. He went to the house himself and did a cursory check on the 6th, the day after first noticing the buzzard's activity, but noticed no more buzzards and felt awkward trespassing and then decided to call in the tip.

Coy's info doesn't really jive with the statement from the searcher who says that their decision to check abandoned properties in the area was an afterthought--a random decision made after they had searched the park area.

True!!! Phobic is a good observation. It does seem like he was overly concerned with cleanliness and comfort (his own physical).
Another thought, though - if he had another side of himself, one that "flips on" when he's in predator mode, this all may be different for him. Maybe "predator JM" doesn't care, but the moment he switches back, he needs to be clean and comfortable.

Maybe the good side tries to clean the bad side away??

According to a recent report by Coy Barefoot, this search was from a tip called in October 6th after a neighbor noticed a large amount of buzzards flying behind this home. He also knew the house was vacant. He went to the house himself and did a cursory check on the 6th, the day after first noticing the buzzard's activity, but noticed no more buzzards and felt awkward trespassing and then decided to call in the tip.
Respectfully, though CB states a tip was called in, he does not state the decision to search the property was based on said tip. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeMi2019