Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's just the way I look at things, but the whole notion that there is even the slightest chance that LE doesn't have an air-tight case against him escapes me. I see no controversy. LE has done their job and done it well. I may be safe to assume as things progress the case/s against this aberrant man grow, well, it seems like a done deal.

Jesse has Learned!

I think he's morphed and used some methods that help him evade authorities.

I know it doesn't fit with what people think of him, but there was more pre-planning here when you break it down, and without this massive search, it would've years before that body was found.

If not for the Cameras, he's hunting this weekend.

MOO

Of course its perfectly possible for someone to speak quite decisively, to not mince words, and to have no doubts, and still be utterly wrong. That's the sort of self-assured, bloviating windbag that news programs seek out. If it gets you to watch, and they can tell you've watched by the people discussing what he said, then they win. If later, it turns out their expert ME was wrong, they'll simply pretend it never happened.

Also, the same type of expert witnesses some defense attorneys seek out for trial. Could be this guy was auditioning for a job.

Count 3 Penetration with an OBJECT!!! EEK. Is THAT his MO???? JMO

I just assumed the "object" was his, you know what. But I could be completely wrong! Anyone know?

CNN had a Doctor (ME) on today, did anyone see him? He named the stages of decomposition.

He said he's seen bodies do that in 4 days in the right conditions (to the bone).

However, he said unequivocally, that NO DNA from the Perpetrator would be there after 5 weeks. None, and he was clear.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Not shooting the messenger but that doesn't make sense with them being able to pull DNA in the MH case after 100+ days. I'm not saying they will be able to do so but not sure how it's 100%.

We had a rather heated exchange on this last week, and I am glad to see that according to the doc, I win~ All silliness aside...

IN MH's case Forensic experts suggested due to extreme state of decomposition likely came from Morgan's shirt. Though, a metal bracelet she had worn that night was with her remains. Could a print result in better than a partial sample.

http://www.readthehook.com/67132/morgans-killer-fairfax-case-connection-offers-hope-fresh-fear

The rapist's reference sample for CODIS came from the victim. Does it need to be a complete sample to be entered into CODIS?

It seems that in HG's case the DNA would have to prove a sexual assault occurred, so LE would need fluids from her pants, right?

I'll defer to experts on Virginia law, but I can't imagine that it could carry the death penalty. (If I remember rightly, the Supreme Court, a while ago, said that asking the death penalty for rape was unconstitutional, so I'd think that the death penalty for attempted murder, where someone might not suffer any sort of permanent damage, would be the same.)

I'm slightly worried at the thought that this case might be their strongest. They have an eyewitness. They have DNA evidence. With the physical harm that the victim suffered, he can't do the usual rape defense of, "It was consensual." But, we don't know what they have for the other cases. We just have to wait and see.

BBM/ This worries me too. I'd said earlier that the DNA evidence would be solid on this one as LE with rape kit came right on the scene and samples were taken quickly from the victim. This was also a straight forward rape case. I always thought that the strongest case would be prosecuted first since a DP or life with no chance of parole or outliving the sentence could be possible and so other cases could be left. I would have thought that if Hannah's body were found, which appears to be the case, that the plethora of evidence there would be the first order of business with the charges added to what's already there in that regard. If JM got off too lightly or it did not pan out,say, for technical issues, then the other cases would be back up. I know we are still awaiting forensic confirmation here as to whether this is Hannah, and for any evidence as to who did this, but I was heartened with the find of Hannah's body. Hopefully the rape case was on the docket, the GJ was convened and all fo this was set in motion befor this weekend and the finding of the body.

One minute down the road from the 3193 address right off the road there is a gate with a trail leading into the woods. Here's an image from Google Maps:

Untitled78.jpg

If the remains found are HG then I wonder the exact route JM took to dispose the body. Did he drive up onto the 3193 property? Did he park on the side of the road down the street and carry the body for several minutes into the woods maybe walking through this trail I found. The terrain in these woods seems very rough. In regards to the MH case I think MH father said that the terrain around where MH body was found was rough and that led her father to believe that her killer likely knew the area well.

Hawes Spencer and Neal Augustin (sp?) said they will have information on their interview with the man who called in the tip that might have led LE to search this property. But, twitter is now "down" so I can't post the link.

PC at 4:30 regarding new charges.

Reposting a post I made about how our local weather can effect decomp. IMO it would be very probable that remains could be reduced to bones in that period of time in this area. The critters are preparing for winter and any easy, free food source will draw them fast.
Also, RE Decomp rates and the recent weather in our area, I'm southeast of where she was found and in the same climate. I had a female deer die on my land about the time Hannah went missing. smelled it, went to confirm it was animal and not human. Buzzards and other carrion eaters had a field day afterwards apparently because I just went out to look again and it is completely skeletal. So, in theory for the remains to revert to skeletal during that length of time is entirely feasible.

Is twitter down for anyone else? :panic:

Edit: nvm, panic over it's ok now

One minute down the road from the 3193 address right off the road there is a gate with a trail leading into the woods. Here's an image from Google Maps:

View attachment 61781

If the remains found are HG then I wonder the exact route JM took to dispose the body. Did he drive up onto the 3193 property? Did he park on the side of the road down the street and carry the body for several minutes into the woods maybe walking through this trail I found. The terrain in these woods seems very rough. In regards to the MH case I think MH father said that the terrain around where MH body was found was rough and that led her father to believe that her killer likely knew the area well.

I had that same theory JMM! Who knows! This gate has interested me for a while.

They have the black pants, if indeed the bones are Hannahs and the pants are. There is a good chance they could find JLM's DNA, hair or semen on them. He has that big mane of dreads, it's probable he carried her at some point and will have shed a few hairs.

I don't think that hairs get out of those twisted, matted things, but maybe some body hair...

I had that same theory JMM! Who knows! This gate has interested me for a while.

On the prior thread from a couple of nights ago, ConcernedMama and I put this gate together with what appears to be an old logging road or farm road that is shown on the tax map for the parcel adjacent to the 3193 address. The 3193 parcel does not actually have the creek running through it. Whether he drove in the driveway there and just walked to the creek or went through the gate remains to be seen. It is around post #728 on the prior "awaiting forensic examination" if you want to look back:)

In the low tree cover photos i posted earlier, you can find trails that can go all the way to the lake in the park

I don't think that hairs get out of those twisted, matted things, but maybe some body hair...

Yes, but it can be argued that hair was transferred from their encounter on the mall. It does not prove that he raped or defiled her.

On the prior thread from a couple of nights ago, ConcernedMama and I put this gate together with what appears to be an old logging road or farm road that is shown on the tax map for the parcel adjacent to the 3193 address. The 3193 parcel does not actually have the creek running through it. Whether he drove in the driveway there and just walked to the creek or went through the gate remains to be seen. It is around post #728 on the prior "awaiting forensic examination" if you want to look back:)

Ditto. I kept going over and over that gate, too. Grass grown over old drive.

Why is this man still talking???

I am totally baffled now. Initial report talked about the skeleton being largely intact to the point of saying it looked to be a tall person due to the vertebrae. Now it was just a skull and some bones scattered across the dry creek bed? I really think that first interview was for JM's benefit, to try to appeal to any feelings of guilt and his "religious" side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3