Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From Parker Slaybaugh's Facebook:

"Today, police let the media closer to the spot where human remains were found during the search for Hannah Graham. This photo shows investigators right next to the crime scene."

10616104_530031313808562_1676529381398569005_n.jpg

Bruce Leshan ‏@BruceLeshan 5m5 minutes ago

A @fairfaxcounty Grand Jury has indicted Jesse Matthew in 2005 City of Fairfax sexual assault. @wusa9 #HannahGraham

Wow. I wonder if they were given DNA evidence. That must mean a direct match. Also wonder if that means the victim will be coming to testify at the trial or if that is necessary.

I was most curious about this case since it didn't fit the MO of the other activities that JM has been suspected of I wonder if the DNA has been run agains all the rape cases where there is DNA on file and the perp not caught, as well as murder cases.

While we are awaiting forensic confirmation of this body, it appears that other things are moving a long.

@gabegutierrez: #BREAKING: Fairfax County Prosecutor: Jesse Matthew, suspect in #HannahGraham case, to be charged in connection to 2005 sexual assault

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/loc...o-be-indicted-for-2005-fairfax-rape/17617775/
UVa. suspect Jesse Matthew indicted for 2005 Fairfax rape

FAIRFAX, Va. (WUSA9) -- Jesse Matthew, the suspect in custody for the abduction of University of Virginia student Hannah Graham, has been indicted on charges related to a 2005 rape in Fairfax.

Fairfax County Commonwealth's Attorney Ray Morrogh will announce the indictment at a 4:30 press conference.

<sniped - read more>

more...

2:09 p.m. EDT October 20, 2014
http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/loc...o-be-indicted-for-2005-fairfax-rape/17617775/

Suspect in Hannah Graham case to be charged in 2005 Fairfax rape
Updated: Oct 20, 2014 2:15 PM EDT
By Ray Daudani
http://www.nbc12.com/story/26832159/suspect-in-hannah-graham-case-to-be-charged-in-2005-fairfax-rape

New Details Surface About Human Remains Found During Search For Hannah Graham
Molly Greenberg - Senior Writer, Higher Ed Beat
10/20/14 @2:23pm in Education
http://inthecapital.streetwise.co/2014/10/20/new-information-about-human-remains-hannah-graham-case/

Ok, NOW, boys and girls, we know what the "forensic link" is between JM and MH.

What does (knowing they have his DNA results back) tell us about HG's case? Anything?

It seems to me that there are a couple of possibilities regarding her missing hair. If this is a dry creek bed, could recent rains have created brief flooding that carried hair downstream? Could the same theoretical flooding have created mud/sand banks that obscured her hair, while leaving the main bones of her body visible? For that matter, shouldn't we remember that what a searcher sees in a first glance is very different from what the forensics investigators will discover in the course of hours?

I am surprised that this is so surprising to people. For anyone who has lived in the country in the midatlantic/southeast and has seen scavengers (turkey vultures, crows and the like), it is more surprising when there any flesh to speak of after a while.

I understand that there are animals that probably helped with that, unfortunately, but I still find it hard to believe there would be no hair left behind at this point. But we will find out hopefully soon if it is confirmed to be Hannah and this will be moot.

A lot of it doesn't make sense. I read several articles about vultures. They have such a keen sense of smell that they hone in on the dead body within 12-14 hours after the animal (which is what they used) has died.

But I couldn't find anything that stated they are known to take away all the hair. Researchers aren't even sure where or how they roost. They are very reclusive when roosting.

Plus this was not nesting season so there was no need to remove hair to make nests. And it is highly likely even if they do take the hair sometimes they would take every strand.

And what is even more puzzling is the man said he saw vultures/buzzards circling on October 6th and didn't he say he smelled a foul odor?

And then we have the neighbors who said they shut their windows because of a foul odor and this was right before she was found.

While I have seen many carcasses in the road that simply disappear overtime that is due to the buzzards attacking the body but they leave the bones and fur/hair of the animal behind. It erodes away in time and disappears due to traffic going by and running over the flatten carcass shell and it gets caught up in the tires of many drivers' vehicles until it is no longer visible.

So a lot about this doesn't make sense. Especially the lack of any hair on the skull in just 35 days.

It does make me wonder if she was burned before being placed there since no flesh at all or hair was found at the site according to the officer who got a good look at the remains. He himself is puzzled. If vulture attacks happen often in that area to bodies found above ground leaving most bodies skeletonized due to buzzard activity I don't think he would have been as alarmed as he seems to be.

Which article said no hair was found?

I felt that this is the "cleanest" in terms of getting a direct DNA match from JM's buccal cheek swab, but was concerned that the victim would not show up and compromise the case. I wonder now, if she has so agreed. Or if she's needed with a direct DNA match

I'm still curious to know why there was crime scene tape around the woods next to the entrance road to Walnut Creek Park. Just been looking back for the photo but can't find it. Nothing has been said why that was there as far as I know.

A lot of it doesn't make sense. I read several articles about vultures. They have such a keen sense of smell that they hone in on the dead body within 12-14 hours after the animal (which is what they used) has died.

But I couldn't find anything that stated they are known to take away all the hair. Researchers aren't even sure where or how they roost. They are very reclusive when roosting.

Plus this was not nesting season so there was no need to remove hair to make nests. And it is highly likely even if they do take the hair sometimes they would take every strand.

And what is even more puzzling is the man said he saw vultures/buzzards circling on October 6th and didn't he say he smelled a foul odor?

And then we have the neighbors who said they shut their windows because of a foul odor and this was right before she was found.

While I have seen many carcasses in the road that simply disappear overtime that is due to the buzzards attacking the body but they leave the bones and fur/hair of the animal behind. It erodes away in time and disappears due to traffic going by and running over the flatten carcass shell and it gets caught up in the tires of many drivers' vehicles until it is no longer visible.

So a lot about this doesn't make sense. Especially the lack of any hair on the skull in just 35 days.

It does make me wonder if she was burned before being placed there since no flesh at all or hair was found at the site according to the officer who got a good look at the remains. He himself is puzzled. If vulture attacks happen often in that area to bodies found above ground leaving most bodies skeletonized due to buzzard activity I don't think he would have been as alarmed as he seems to be.

The neighbor who saw large numbers of buzzards on Oct 5 (not 6th) went back on the 6th and didn't see any buzzards. He never said that he detected an odor. He called in the tip on Oct 6th after doing a cursry walk on the property. He stopped searching because he began to feel awkward/guilty trespassing on property he knew was private and vacant.

I will try to find the interview about the Fairfax rape to link it here. But, the victim appeared to have been choked into unconsciousness, and that IMO, appears that he tried to kill her, or perhaps thought he had. Maybe the charges will change to include this, but I'm not sure.

FAIRFAX, Va. (WUSA9) -- Jesse Matthew, the suspect in custody for the abduction of University of Virginia student Hannah Graham, has been indicted on charges related to a 2005 rape in Fairfax.

Fairfax County Commonwealth's Attorney Ray Morrogh will announce the indictment at a 4:30 press conference.

<sniped - read more>

I don't know if this news magazine is considered MSM, so please delete if it's not acceptable, but it has a good overview of the Fairfax 2005 rape:

http://www.readthehook.com/67132/morgans-killer-fairfax-case-connection-offers-hope-fresh-fear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487