Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a nice thought wrapped up in a pretty package. I don't see it that way and don't want to take one minute part away from his evil act and what happened to her body after she died. (No offense... I debated whether to post this differing view... I still appreciate your sentiment...)

I think many of us here who have been following the case are torn the same way Hiandmighty.

i'm thinking if people didn't voluntarily let them search their properties or if the owner could not be located then they had to get a warrant before searching the particular property.

We don't know what those warrants are for, but it could be for a number of places not related to JLM, but to Hannah. Maybe the parties where she was earlier in the evening, or for things during the time gap we don't know about (but perhaps LE does). I can't even help but wonder if they'd need warrants to search around Tempo, given the CYA mode that place went into in the days after it was revealed that JLM was there. Would they need warrants to search the restrooms? the trash and garbage from that area? the landfill where that trash eventually ended up?

The fire was in North Garden a couple of miles from the farm. I don't remember whether it was "abandoned" but if I recall correctly it had been recently vacated by some tenants.

wow this is really interesting I had forgot about this.

New search for missing Nelson Co teen Alexis Murphy in the works. Detectives have specific location to search, but wont give any details

New tweet saying search for AM ongoing. Is that meaning it never stopped or is currently underway?

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 3m3 minutes ago Charlottesville, VA

JUST IN: Sheriff Brooks tells @HenryGraff #AlexisMurphy search is ongoing. They didn't want to take attention away from #HannahGraham case.

Yep and I thinks that's why no more press conferences per JM request to give all the details.

Yeah, I'm sure JM said "I didn't kill AM, RAT did, but I'll tell you the location of her body in exchange for a lesser sentence." /sarcasm :)

He might be talking. I really have no idea. But I think we are going to find out a lot from this search on Old Lynchburg that will shed light on many things.

Could this new development with AM be related to the abandoned taxi he drove?

Nah. Not around here. Snows come in Jan/Feb. usually.

Yeah, that's typical, but this year I heard they are calling for early snows.. I'm about 3 /12 hours north of Charlottesville and its the same for us as well, but its a possibility.. and i don't understand the wait to search.

Not quibbling at all, just poking around until there's some news. I've always equated the "salt" to doubt. So the more salt, the more doubt. But I could have been mistaken my entire life. It wouldn't be the first time.
http://www.omgfacts.com/lists/9165/...a-grain-of-salt-comes-from-the-ancient-Romans
O/T. I know.

Nah, I'm the one who's quibbling, and I do apologize for the minutia. It's just that a grain of salt is the smallest bit of credibility. I suppose that if you wanted to hyperbolize it, you'd say a "crystal of salt"!

Resources? I would think if they need to chose how to use them, they probably need to work on a degree of closure on the current case. But then again, maybe they are just SAYING November, but will move sooner.

I can understand not having local resources.. but why not pull in more from others.. Heck, I know someone (who is a cop) who was pulled to another locale almost a state away because they were low on resources... so why not just do that?

That's a nice thought wrapped up in a pretty package. I don't see it that way and don't want to take one minute part away from his evil act and what happened to her body after she died. (No offense... I debated whether to post this differing view... I still appreciate your sentiment...)

I'm with tkya, and I don't take any offense either.
Not for one second would I take away from the evil and reality of what happened.
I would simply add that in order to survive and learn how to live again, many a parent who has lost their child has to think bigger than, and beyond, the evil that was done.
Speaking from personal experience.

Early in the case when Alexis car was found they ran it to collect DNA, they had the DNA and connection to morgan and the 2005 rape just no suspect so in order to rule out a case connection they would have compared the unknown suspects dna with the unknown DNA found in the car.

Which IMO is why Nelson county has agreed to have it tested ,it didnt even appear to have to go to court to be challenged they just said "ok"

So, RATs DNA isn't what convicted him?????? Just circumstantial evidence? Confused. JMO

JUST IN: Nelson Authorities tell @HenryGraff they will start new search for #AlexisMurphy. No date or location given.

i've never thought the two were related but this can't just be a coincidence to announce this right now.

RAT, in an interview from jail, hinted that the truth would come out and the person who did it was not someone to be messed with, meaning he was scared to implicate i suppose. Perhaps now that RAT knows JM is gonna be in for at least a rape charge he is talking.

No it was just the house next door. My guess is that guys was just claiming crime scene because they have LE vehicles out front. It's nooooothing....... JMO

I could have swore that was the house reportedly where JM used to live. I have to go look now...lol

I know we've all been focused on the investigators continuing to search the area where the remains were found, thinking they may also be searching for more remains, but I'd think it's equally important for the investigators to find something, anything, that would connect JLM to that property.

I would have to go back to look in previous threads, but someone had a great post the other night about the fact that JLM was a smoker, as evidence by the many butts in the ashtray of the blue Nissan, and by interviews saying JLM was bumming cigarettes off people at the bars that night. I'm with the OP (I'll go back and give credit in a minute) that it would be a fantastic find if JLM threw a cigarette butt down on the property, essentially giving a nice little DNA early Christmas gift for investigators.
:findinglink:

edited: Found it! It was human (currently on time out) who posted this on 10/19:

He smokes, but it appears that he puts his butts in the car ashtray if I go by the pics of his sister's car interior on the way to Texas.

But just maybe he smoked one on the property somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487