Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OT, but to all you newbies who want to post but worry that you may make mistakes or do something wrong. We want to hear your thoughts and ideas. Don't worry, we were all newbies once, and some of us (pointing finger at self) still make mistakes after being here for years. The mods sometimes bark when we post things we shouldn't, but they seldom bite without plenty of warning....and btw, Bessie is a real sweetie, but don't tell her I said so.

agreed. the mods are all super nice. like strict mommas that still love you :)

I wish there were more locals on here. I'm surprised there aren't more

do any of you locals know how the Grahams are holding up? Are they planning a funeral? Just curious
I think they willhave a funeral. It will be a good thing to help with their grief. This is one reason to have more than one child. I have known a couple that lost their only child to completely fall apart and never recover.

Not sure if they're using flood lights but the search areas are being guarded 24/7. My brother-in-law is one of the officers keeping watch.

are there tents? surely she's been removed by now, right??

Not sure if they're using flood lights but the search areas are being guarded 24/7. My brother-in-law is one of the officers keeping watch.

Saw two APD officers at Starbucks today, with knee-high rain boots on. Please tell your brother-in-law thank you. Their efforts are greatly appreciated. I hope he's holding up ok, too. This can't be easy, even for them.

What do you mean by area's? Are they searching other places too ? J/K

and hoping.

I am confused.

3193 is listed as the place she was found, but the grandparents place that McDaniel talks about with the back addition on it seems much better. I think it is 3151. It has been for sale off and on. It has several sheds on the property

I'm not sure if everything has been moved. On Sunday evening he said they were still just working the yard and hadn't even started checking the house, so the search was going really slowly. I said "areas" only as a generalization, not to indicate multiple places. But, if there are multiple places, I'm sure those are being guarded too. He said they've had to deal with people trying to sneak around the crime scene in the middle of the night to get a picture. I can't imagine wandering those woods in the dark!!

OT, but to all you newbies who want to post but worry that you may make mistakes or do something wrong. We want to hear your thoughts and ideas. Don't worry, we were all newbies once, and some of us (pointing finger at self) still make mistakes after being here for years. The mods sometimes bark when we post things we shouldn't, but they seldom bite without plenty of warning....and btw, Bessie is a real sweetie, but don't tell her I said so.

Also, USPS just came out with a new Forever Stamp, in Bessie's honor. :)

Attachments

• janis-joplin-pricing-49-promo.jpg
    janis-joplin-pricing-49-promo.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 552
I'm not sure if everything has been moved. On Sunday evening he said they were still just working the yard and hadn't even started checking the house, so the search was going really slowly. I said "areas" only as a generalization, not to indicate multiple places. But, if there are multiple places, I'm sure those are being guarded too. He said they've had to deal with people trying to sneak around the crime scene in the middle of the night to get a picture. I can't imagine wandering those woods in the dark!!

Those people trying to sneak in for a picture should have there picture taken and placed on the front page ,with listed charges.

I doubt the family has been given any idea as to when her remains will be turned over to a funeral home. Sometimes, they are held back for a very long time. I believe Hailey Dunn's body may still not be released after more than a year? I am pretty sure I read that unless she has been recently.

I doubt the family has been given any idea as to when her remains will be turned over to a funeral home. Sometimes, they are held back for a very long time. I believe Hailey Dunn's body may still not be released after more than a year? I am pretty sure I read that unless she has been recently.

Nevermind.

As forensic analysts worked Wednesday to identify remains discovered in the search for Hannah Graham, the FBI launched another round of DNA tests in a case that netted a murder conviction but no body.
Efforts to compare DNA samples from the body to Graham’s likely will be accelerated, said Art Eisenberg, director of the Center for Human Identification at the University of North Texas.
They are looking for osteocytes — the cells that secrete the bone — but the challenge is whether they can get enough cells,” Eisenberg said.
He estimated that the work would take seven to 10 days. If the remains are Graham’s, he said, the identification should not present too many challenges.
http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/local/dna-key-to-matthew-charges/article_65314f72-5a62-11e4-967d-001a4bcf6878.html#.VEiA2ukxKJg.twitter
Something new!

Technicians typically use a pie-shaped sample from a long bone, such as a femur or humerus, to extract DNA from remains, he said. The process involves creating a magnetic field to reduce the bone to powder.
“They are looking for osteocytes — the cells that secrete the bone — but the challenge is whether they can get enough cells,” Eisenberg said.

Then why take the skull and leave the bones? I wish I was a scientist....

Wonder what that means?

If I had to hazard a guess?

Police in Texas took his DNA when he was arrested and when they ran it they got a hit on MH or the Fairfax rape case.

IIRC correctly it was only a day or so after JLM was brought back to Va that the announcement was made about the forensic link.

If I had to hazard a guess?

Police in Texas took his DNA when he was arrested and when they ran it they got a hit on MH or the Fairfax rape case.

IIRC correctly it was only a day or so after JLM was brought back to Va that the announcement was made about the forensic link.
Oh okay that makes sense. It's just they made it sound like something new...lol

Am I the only one starting to think this might not be Hannah after all?

I honestly don't know what to think, but I still think whoever it is JM put them there. There just aren't that many coincidences in one persons life, I'm sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member