Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do the black vultures roost? Any local ornithologists? Bird watchers?

I believe they roost in tall trees or carved out areas of dead trees. I'm sure others with more knowledge than me can weigh in.

OT, but I went behind my office to look at a creek which is similar to where they are searching. There are so many leaves. I even hard time focusing on one spot because of the branches, tall grass, leaves, rocks. As a poster just said, these searchers are doing an amazing job. Clues are so hard to find in this sort of terrain.

Didn't we read that JM missed a ball practice the next morning? Plus Hannah wasn't reported missing for another day. Speculating he could have spent the day in the woods, leaving the next night by dark. Perhaps cleaning up in a stream.

So terribly sad. .

Missed the morning football meeting where he was assisting coaching according to the schools press release.

These pictures break my heart for some reason... So many dedicated people working so hard to figure out what happened. While he sits in jail not helping. So much work and so many hours these human beings put in all to try to help victims, families, and society... All to try to protect others and keep society safe from monstrous acts of violence. Bless them.

It is heart breaking in one way. But on the other hand, I think of the balance of numbers: one accused in jail but thousands who have worked for any good or justice that can be found at a time like this. I try to find hope in that.

I hope the evidence they are going to share is that that the remains are Hannah. That was hard to type.

BBM, Not sure if I missed something, but this says "police sources confirm..." I thought we were still waiting on the ME report?

Police Sources: Hannah Graham's Body Found
Updated: Sat 5:41 PM, Oct 18, 2014

Police sources confirm the body of Hannah Graham was found Saturday afternoon at Walnut Creek Park in Albemarle County.

A female body that was found in Walnut Creek Park in Albemarle County Saturday afternoon has been confirmed to be that of missing UVA student Hannah Graham.

Albemarle County Police will be making a statement shortly.

The video of that press conference will be carried live, streaming here on newsplex.com and will be live on WCAV CBS19.

Details to follow on this breaking story.
BREAKING NEWS: Remains found in park; Hannah Graham's parents notified by police
By The Associated Press
October 18, 2014 - 10:55 am

Remains were found in Walnut Creek Park in Albemarle County Saturday and the parents of missing UVA student Hannah Graham have been notified.

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/1...missing-uva-student-108218.html#ixzz3GXLLYHDs

BBM, Not sure if I missed something, but this says "police sources confirm..." I thought we were still waiting on the ME report?

The media seems to have backed off that statement since the 18th and are being much more conservative in their wording now.

Right? I kept reading, expecting some new information at any point. Definitely nothing new there.

There is, though. This clearly indicates the DNA evidence tying JM to MH was found on the shirt, not on MH.

That might not be strong enough since the shirt was left out in public (but this is the wrong thread for that....).

Not necessarily. Eventually they have to share everything. It's part of the rules of a fair trial.

In this case, I would guess it's most likely the official notice that the body was identified.

Exactly I wouldn't give the killer any more information than I absolutely had to and not until the absolute last minute either..

That was an unfair tease. There is nothing new at all in that story!
This story implies that there is a forensic link from that T-shirt to Hannah Graham case. Was that already known? BBM:
"The shirt. Morgan Harrington's mother calls it "pivotal" because authorities said it connected her daughter's death-- which in turn was forensically linked to the recent disappearance of Hannah Graham-- back to a 2005 rape in the city of Fairfax."

Or maybe this just says that Morgan's death was forensically linked to the recent disappearance of Hannah Graham. The wording could be better.

There is, though. This clearly indicates the DNA evidence tying JM to MH was found on the shirt, not on MH.

That might not be strong enough since the shirt was left out in public (but this is the wrong thread for that....).

Eh. There have been conflicting stories about this for what seems like a long time. This would not be the first article that implies the shirt is the link <mod snip>

This story implies that there is a forensic link from that T-shirt to Hannah Graham case. Was that already known? BBM:
"The shirt. Morgan Harrington's mother calls it "pivotal" because authorities said it connected her daughter's death-- which in turn was forensically linked to the recent disappearance of Hannah Graham-- back to a 2005 rape in the city of Fairfax."

Or maybe this just says that Morgan's death was forensically linked to the recent disappearance of Hannah Graham. The wording could be better.

Again there has been so many conflicting stories that it's impossible to know which ones are true, but this is most definitely not the first source to say the link is the shirt.

Here's one from a few days ago:
http://www.c-ville.com/accused-hannah-graham-abductor-indicted-fairfax-sexual-assault/#.VEfrDyh1NSV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove