Hannah Graham: The Search - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if she had a valid tip, they would tell her to remove any references to herself from that conversation, for her own safety and for the sake of the investigation.

jmo

Well reverse image search shows that photo is linked to other accounts in other countries with other names...sheesh. Anything is possible but all we can do is hope that there is an actual tip. It could seem that someone is trying to make Tempo look bad...or get attention.

That's so sad because it got Hannah's parents involved. According to the people that run that page Hannah's parents reached out to them to beg her to come forward.

Great catch!

It really takes a special kind of person to mess with people's minds about something this serious....

I'm gunna still hold on to hope that she has a lead... yes, this is a made up last name...but in her FB URL it has a different/more real last name. I believe she changed it just on her FB search... I have lots of friends that do that.

Is there a way crowdsourcing and Tomnod could be used in this case? I don't know enough about it other than it being used to find MH370. Just thinking of what we can keep doing to help. I know it's probably a long shot and there may be too many trees to be effective, but maybe it could be used to search open land? Would it be a privacy issue?

I wondered the same thing a few days ago. Does the Tomnod site have to set it up? That's what it looked like to me. It didn't look like just anyone could go on there and set up the search.

it's also possible she made an anonymous/fake account to ask for advice about the tip.

Great catch!

It really takes a special kind of person to mess with people's minds about something this serious....

We don't know that this person isn't real. She could have made up a fake name in order to maintain her anonymity. I have a made-up-name facebook page that I use particularly when sleuthing. Because I don't know whether criminals or whoever are reading some facebook pages related to a murder or other serious crime, I choose not to use my real facebook name.

Why didn't she just PM the admin of the page?
Then she didn't have to worry about anyone knowing her identity

Great catch!

You know, perhaps all this (the reverse image search the latis and amber) should be emailed to CPD. I'd hate for something unreliable to send them off on a wild goose chase, as a diversion. I wonder how they handle this possibility, particularly with anonymous tips.

EDIT: Ok, with all those other possibilities, maybe not. Ugh. I guess they have a way of fielding tips that seem hurtful to the search? Or at least not put all their resources on it?

Why didn't she just PM the admin of the page?
Then she didn't have to worry about anyone knowing her identity

Maybe because she is young, nervous, and didn't know what to do. I seem to remember someone on this site calling in a tip and saying how nervous he/she was to do it, and they are familiar with all of this from being a member here. IMO

I'm gunna still hold on to hope that she has a lead... yes, this is a made up last name...but in her FB URL it has a different/more real last name. I believe she changed it just on her FB search... I have lots of friends that do that.

Possibly, but isn't it odd that the other name is openly listed if she wanted to maintain her privacy?

I use a pseudonym on FB and have very strict privacy settings, so I do understand why someone might do that.

Eh, even if it's a hoax, maybe it will help someone else come forward who wouldn't even dare ask the question. Kids can be very intimidated by LE.

You know, perhaps all this (the reverse image search the latis and amber) should be emailed to CPD. I'd hate for something unreliable to send them off on a wild goose chase, as a diversion. I wonder how they handle this possibility, particularly with anonymous tips.

EDIT: Ok, with all those other possibilities, maybe not. Ugh. I guess they have a way of fielding tips that seem hurtful to the search? Or at least not put all their resources on it?

I believe that her tip had to do with something she witnessed at Tempo that night. I don't think that would send them on a wild goose chase. It may just give LE another witness to Hannah being IN the restaurant, contradictory to what the restaurant owner is saying. IDK, JMO

It makes me worried that MH's parents are calling out to this girl.

Believe me, we have seen some really sick people doing things re missing children.

Hard to believe, but if anyone remembers soCal from the Kyron case. Yuck. And then there were more as well.

Maybe because she is young, nervous, and didn't know what to do. I seem to remember someone on this site calling in a tip and saying how nervous he/she was to do it, and they are familiar with all of this from being a member here. IMO

Its possible
But most young people know their way around social media

Young, nervous and not knowing what to do. I can see that also
All the more reason to PM an admin. JMO

I thought about the fake identity for safety reasons- but what about the photo??? If that's not her picture then she's rather horribly put someone else's face into all of this. . . .

Well reverse image search shows that photo is linked to other accounts in other countries with other names...sheesh. Anything is possible but all we can do is hope that there is an actual tip. It could seem that someone is trying to make Tempo look bad...or get attention.

I tried to use TinEye to do a reverse image search, but I came up with nothing. Did you use TinEye? What did you put into the search area?

That's what worries me.

And my understanding is Morgan was not out in the open when she was placed there. It was only after a severe storm that she was found, when the owner of the property went to check the fence line for storm damage. Tractors/people never went down there. Presumably the storm "washed" her to where she was found from where she had been placed, a place where no one would have ever found her.

Morgan was found in a field - not anywhere close to a large body of water that would have carried her. An excerpt from the following article:
http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/u...081-942f-5b5d-8a26-c25df5649a67.html?mode=jqm

"David H. Bass, owner of Anchorage Farm, found the remains as he inspected a fence line from his tractor after Sunday's storm.

"The heavy rains had washed things out, and I noticed an area where the tall grass seemed matted down from the snow and rain," he said.

"At first I thought it was a dead deer, but looking closer I could see that it wasn't."

Bass said the remains were almost entirely skeletal but clearly human, and he called 911."

I think if she had a valid tip, they would tell her to remove any references to herself from that conversation, for her own safety and for the sake of the investigation.

jmo

I think it has been deleted now...

I cannot see it...

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics