Hannah Graham: The Search - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No real idea how the SK mind works, but have read that they often escalate or graduate in their acts.

I guess attacking a stranger and then almost getting caught would make him be more clever.

I wonder if there were other rapes after the college girls that were not reported?

Then he escalated to attacking the stranger?

It's very difficult to drag a body - even on a smooth surface like vinyl flooring, so I think it would be really difficult to drag her - even in fairly smooth terrain with few obstacles. I don't think it would have taken much effort for him to sling her over his shoulders, which is what I think he did with Morgan to get her to the point on Anchorage Farm where she was found.

As light as Hannah was and as tall, and as strong as JM was, he could easily drag her. I am not tall or strong, and I drag things all of the time and can drag a lot more than I can carry. Like 4X, easily. I can't carry much at all.

ChiaPet, imo JM was/is a 'Mixed' Sexual Predator Serial Killer--> A Combination of Organized and Disorganized Predator...Although it was a full moon on 09/11/2014, JM would have likely had a rape/kill kit with duct tape headlamp, rope, cuffs, zip ties, etc., and other recidivist predator tools, imo.
http://twistedminds.creativescapism.com/serial-killers-introduction/holmes-typology/characteristics/

Headlamps
https://www.google.com/webhp?source...on=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=head lamps for hunting
Moon Rise: 08:58 PM (PDT) 9/11/2014 <Full Moon>

http://weather.mercurynews.com/auto/mercurynews/history/airport/KTVL/2014/9/11/DailyHistory.html <Scroll Down for moon phases>

Yeah, you are probably correct. Plus, we could all probably think of areas near where we grew up or live now that we know well enough to walk around while its dark or are secluded enough to hide something. Add into the equation someone who may be a rapist/murderer and I'm sure someone like that would have put a lot more effort into noticing places like that

I think many of you are underestimating the strength of a person who has played organized sports, especially wrestling and football.
Squats, deadlifts, farmers walks(an exercise where you literally walk and carry hundreds of lbs) are all common exercises.

For comparison, I am 6'1 and 195lbs. I lift weights daily, and 130lbs would be nothing to throw over my shoulder and walk for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by human View Post
So was he prepared with a new spot? Does he admit to himself he is a killer?

To me he seems like the type that would blame others, but how do I know.

It is hard to believe that he attacked that woman in Fairfax.

He raped a couple of college girls and then went on to rape strangers?

How does this all work in serial killer land?

It seems more like he should be doing the MH, HG type instead of the attack.

Does anyone know how these monsters work?

Serial killers kill for many reasons, imo, but primarily they are acting out their fantasies. Due to their narcissism they will deflect and rationalize their kills in many ways, usually blaming their victims, or society as a whole, etc. Many times their motive can be traced by the type victims that they prey upon; victimology; the characteristics of the offender's victim. A few excellent sources for how sexual predators/serial killers think can be found in books by retired FBI BSU/BAU R. Depue, J. Douglas, R. Ressler, and NYPD Homicide DetectiveVernon Geberth; Practical Homicide Investigation; 'The Homicide Detectives Bible'..

Victimology quote by Roger L. Depue:

My work has given me a profound respect for what humans suffer at the hands of evil, and a particular sensitivity for what its victims endure. During every investigation that I participate in, there is always an invisible observer at my shoulder, whose presence I never forget. Regardless of the circumstances of a case, I am always giving voice to its silent victim.

What must this young girl&#8217;s final minutes have been like? Did she cry out while he was repeatedly stabbing her, or keep silent, breathing like a wounded animal, watching for the next glint of a blade? Did her thoughts turn to her parents in those final seconds, when she was overwhelmed by the deepest loneliness she had ever known? Did she experience a dissociative response, the sense of drifting upward and watching her own death as if from above? Or did she sink mercifully into unconsciousness, and feel nothing as her life ebbed away?

Human, sexual predators/serial killers, although each is unique in their own way, they share many commonalities, imo. They think 180 degrees from the rest of us. They have crossed the threshold from fantasy to dark reality. Although many have never amounted to much in life, unlike JM, until they crossed this threshold due to their antisocial tendencies, combined with their psychopathic personalities. With each innocent victim's soul devoured without being apprehended, they become more brazened and empowered. It is not a matter of, if they will re-offend, but when, imo.

Imo, to truly know how they think, one would have to virtually enter the abyss of their minds. Trust me, this is not a place that most folks want to purposely go. It is not that difficult to accomplish entry, but very difficult to exit..jmo

No real idea how the SK mind works, but have read that they often escalate or graduate in their acts.

Roger L. Depue &#8220;Between Good and Evil&#8221; Author & Retired FBI BAU Profiler: A Master Profiler's Hunt for Society's Most Violent Predators
http://www.amazon.com/Between-Good-Evil-Profilers-Predators/dp/0446532649

My job has been to try to stop human predators before they kill again, and after studying them so closely over so many years, to me their traits seem clearly recognizable.

Evil is more than a vague notion. It is an entity, and it is manifest on the earth. It has reflexes and intuition, senses vulnerability, and changes its form to adapt to its surroundings. Those who do not believe the Devil walks this earth have not seen the things that I have seen.

Evil is not a discrete entity that springs forth fully formed. It is born in the mind, takes root there as fantasy, and prospers when normal human restraint can no longer contain it. I have seen it devour the personalities of men like Richard Speck, Jeffrey Dahmer, and Ted Bundy, turning them into blank-faced sociopaths who clearly know right from wrong, but choose, time and again, to follow their own base urges, with complete disregard for the terrible human suffering they cause.

I believe that every act of homicide causes a slight unbalancing in the world, and that it diminishes life&#8217;s universal equation. In the interest of justice, it is imperative that someone try to right that imbalance. But the task of fighting evil can take a terrible toll on the people who are charged with it. It can cost them their families, their equilibrium, their capacity for joy.

I don't think just anyone can drive back there. My mom wanted to go see it a few weeks ago and my hubby said he was only allowed back there because he was LE. Not sure how it is secured, though.

I'm not familiar with the quarry - I just know that there is one in that area. If you look at the aerial images of where Morgan Harrington's body was found, the perp did not drive to that location either. He either carried her, threw her on an ATV or horse or dropped her from the sky (sarcasm intended). The perp had to be familiar with the area where Morgan's body was found - it was a remote location on a 700+ acre farm. He very likely dumped Hannah in a location that he was familiar with - where he could carry a body without fear of being noticed and that likely wouldn't be discovered any time soon.

Per Parker Slaybaugh Facebook (9 minutes ago)

"The Virginia Department of Emergency Management will update the media in a few moments on their search efforts for Hannah Graham. Any updates I will pass along immediately."

8 mile radius = 200 square miles?

*Calico = not good with geometry

Stephon Dingle CBS19 &#8207;@Stephon_Dingle 3m3 minutes ago
ACPD Col. Steve Sellers briefs media: 35 ppl searching, asks ppl who knw Matthew to come forward #HannahGraham @CBS19

I have a feeling they are searching methodically but not based on any real info or clues.

MOD NOTE: Photos MUST include a source. If you cannot link it, you cannot post it, nor post about it. Period.

I'm going to re-open the thread. Be sure to read the above before proceeding.

I think many of you are underestimating the strength of a person who has played organized sports, especially wrestling and football.
Squats, deadlifts, farmers walks(an exercise where you literally walk and carry hundreds of lbs) are all common exercises.

For comparison, I am 6'1 and 195lbs. I lift weights daily, and 130lbs would be nothing to throw over my shoulder and walk for a while.

I am not talking about his strenght. He is a monster. But walking through the woods getting hung up on branches or trying to wall through brush and brambles.

I feel he has to choose a wider path and one that is not filled with brush and brambles. Strenght has nothing to do with walking through the woods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nithila