Hannah Graham: The Search - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As light as Hannah was and as tall, and as strong as JM was, he could easily drag her. I am not tall or strong, and I drag things all of the time and can drag a lot more than I can carry. Like 4X, easily. I can't carry much at all.

Dragging through the woods. Getting hung up on vegetation or tree roots. Of course it can be done, but is he that motivated or is he lazy?

Can someone repost the media briefing for today I had to go out and missed it.

For all you veteran Sleuthers- was the search for MH as large and well-publicized as this search for Hannah? I remember hearing about it of course, but I'm a newb here at WS, and I certainly was not as "down the rabbit hole" so to speak back then. I've felt a big connection with Hannah and the person she seems to be- quick witted, sharp tongued, whip smart, loved by all. Not to mention, I have a younger sister who is in college and would lose my mind if anything happened to her. I just wondered about the comparison between this search and Morgan's since it took 3+ months to find her. (Not accounting for the fact that if JM is responsible for both, he may have taken more care to hide a body/evidence after MH was found.)

For all you veteran Sleuthers- was the search for MH as large and well-publicized as this search for Hannah? I remember hearing about it of course, but I'm a newb here at WS, and I certainly was not as "down the rabbit hole" so to speak back then. I've felt a big connection with Hannah and the person she seems to be- quick witted, sharp tongued, whip smart, loved by all. Not to mention, I have a younger sister who is in college and would lose my mind if anything happened to her. I just wondered about the comparison between this search and Morgan's since it took 3+ months to find her. (Not accounting for the fact that if JM is responsible for both, he may have taken more care to hide a body/evidence after MH was found.)

I didnt know a thing about the MH case. Don't think it made national news with the impact this case has. I did hear about the Lauren Spierer case, but her family is near us and it hit the local news hard.

I live here in Va about an hour from Cville and though MH case was on the news a lot, if I'm not mistaken it wasn't in the national spotlight as much as this case. I could be wrong though because I wasn't a sleuther.

My personal opinion is this has had such an impact because it's one of the first missing person cases around here to be tied to such a prestigious university.

Guess it depends where you lived. MH was a hugely followed case in my state and was heavily followed here at WS/ :)

I'm from the C'ville area, and we were bombarded with coverage of the MH case. It also made national headlines for a while (you can Google her name and see some of the history of the reporting by MSM). Metallica also contributed to the fund for information that led to finding MH and her killer, so that made national headlines as well. In addition, when the DNA link was made between MH's case and the "Fairfax rape victim," the story was renewed in the national media. The Alexis Murphy case was also picked up by MSM.

Does anyone know when JM started wearing dreads?

John A

It would require trawling through the media links post (& I don't have time to do that right now, sorry), where you should find a quote from a friend of JM concerning his resemblance to the sketch issued in Fairfax/MH cases, & an approximate date for when he started to grow his hair.

From all my the crime shows I have seen, and books I have read, coroners generally cannot pin down date of death if a body had been outdoors for months or longer. They can only estimate, i.e the show I have on now says "at least several weeks, perhaps months". Seems like it would be difficult to prove when Hannah was killed (if she was) if she is not found very soon, and if nothing found with her links her to JM. Also, cause of death is often not able to be determined with the passage of time. With Erin Corwin, it sounds like LE has some sort of electronics linking the suspect to the well where she was found, as well as other items, tire tracks perhaps, maybe shell casings etc. Wondering what LE will be able to prove if Hannah is found many months or years from now and how to connect to JM. Yes, she was last seen with him but that alone may not be enough. I don't believe JM's phone has been of much use, location-wise, at least not from the searching LE is doing and the requests for info they keep making. Jmo

I emailed a tip <modsnip>to LE they will accept undocumented information. I will predict bythe end of the week LE will have found clothing or Hannah's phone. The search area is narrowing down. IMO

I live here in Va about an hour from Cville and though MH case was on the news a lot, if I'm not mistaken it wasn't in the national spotlight as much as this case. I could be wrong though because I wasn't a sleuther.

My personal opinion is this has had such an impact because it's one of the first missing person cases around here to be tied to such a prestigious university.

Nah- I don't think it's b/c of the prestige of UVa. I went there, so I say this knowingly knocking myself ;) but UVa isn't really *that* prestigious. To the mid-Atlantic district, yes, but go outside of that area and it's just another decent school to most people. Besides, MH disappeared on the same campus, so if UVa in and of itself was the motivator for national coverage, they'd be equal imo.

I think if HG is getting more nat'l coverage it's because the (presumed) perp has actually been identified, went on the run, captured, won't talk, and HG is still missing. I also think it's the fact JM is now forensically linked to MH and the Fairfax case. I think that highlights this case as well.

There was a news report with a photo of JM with short dreds, just he was just beginning to grow them, taken by some girls who were interviewed last week about how a few years ago he picked them up and offered them a ride. They took photos of him driving, inside a taxi that might have been (I think? can't be sure?) a van. It was part of a video interview with one of the young women, looking back with regret that they'd trusted a stranger.

ChiaPet, imo JM was/is a 'Mixed' Sexual Predator Serial Killer--> A Combination of Organized and Disorganized Predator...Although it was a full moon on 09/11/2014, JM would have likely had a rape/kill kit with duct tape headlamp, rope, cuffs, zip ties, etc., and other recidivist predator tools, imo.
http://twistedminds.creativescapism.com/serial-killers-introduction/holmes-typology/characteristics/

Headlamps
https://www.google.com/webhp?source...on=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=head lamps for hunting
Moon Rise: 08:58 PM (PDT) 9/11/2014 <Full Moon>

http://weather.mercurynews.com/auto/mercurynews/history/airport/KTVL/2014/9/11/DailyHistory.html <Scroll Down for moon phases>

Oh my gosh...

those rape/kill kits these predators keep with them reminds me of how it is like a "hobby" to them...

Like how I keep my golf clubs and my hiking stick in my car so that they are "at the ready" when I want to go hiking or golfing....

<<shudder>>

There was a news report with a photo of JM with short dreds, just he was just beginning to grow them, taken by some girls who were interviewed last week about how a few years ago he picked them up and offered them a free ride. They took photos of him driving, inside a taxi that might have been (I think? can't be sure?) a van. It was part of a video interview with one of the young women, looking back with regret that they'd trusted a stranger.

Yes, I remember that pic too- looked shorter.

Just from my own perusing, a lot of his acquaintances have or have had dreads. I've found multiple postings of people he knew/knows on social media about having dreads, cutting dreads, no longer having dreads, etc. So, while I at first thought the dread-growing for JM was potentially linked to him wanting to alter his appearance after Sketch came out, I'm kind of thinking no. I think it happened to be a trend among some of his buddies. JMO.

John A

After the 05 Fairfax rape, first sketch and grade school friends queries as to resemblance he answered "No." with no affect shown, then started growing out his hair and pulling it back as it grew.

John A

One of JM's friends said that when the "Sketch" was released of the POI in the Fairfax and MH case--She mentioned to JM that he looked like the guy in the Sketch. She said that he would normally have something to say. This time he only replied with an "Oh." And then he shaved his beard and grew out his hair.

I was trying to find a way to link how it's become such a sensational story. Many here don't really find it that prestigious either. But it was the only case tied directly to the school and its administration.

As far as national news, the story has all but stopped. Probably won't hear anything nationally until major clues are found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tankaroo