Hannah Graham: The Search - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paulap, you have great insight. Thank you for sharing. Please please call tip line with anything you think can help!

True enough, but remember he used to live off off Old Lynchburg Rd which connects with Red Hill Rd and where he went to school (both primary and secondary school) and near where he dumped MH. He is pretty knowledgeable about the south side. Old Lynchburg Rd is a narrower country rd once you get south of Dudley Mtn Rd. Dudley Mtn Rd also connects with Red Hill Rd and is even less traveled than OLR. Teenagers like to drive up and down Dudley Mtn rd and pitch their beer cans. :^/ How old was he when he moved away from the place on Ponderosa?

dunno when he moved
guess he had many options to get south of town
i often drive olroad and it is creepy to think about it now that you bring it up

There is a rock quarry about 20 minutes before you get to Farmville on 460, theres also tons of back roads and old battlefield grounds etc on 460...lots of open space and woods. There's even lakes and ponds. I'm not sure which way he would be coming though. I'm not direction savvy, but I'll look it up. If he traveled to dispose of HG this could be a daunting task.

another quarry down by schuyler

Could you send in the tip please!! It is excellent!

I am not sure they have someone scouring his FB

Ksj3 down thread stated this tip HAS been turn in already. Thanks, human.

There is some reason why LE is making this an 8 mi radius or is it by default?....

(snipped for brevity)

I think it's by default (statistics thing), but also b/c they have some type of information on his wherabouts ("narrowing the gap") that lead them to believe he didn't have time to go much farther. Perhaps roommates have now given more info on when they saw him come in, etc. JMO.

I don't think he went very far. Would prefer they broaden the 8 mile radius though... MH was found closer to 10 miles, so it seems they'd go out a little further. But maybe they want to cover the closer area first and then branch out. Although I do think they've already searched a plethora of places outside the 8 miles (from tips, where he lived, Anchorage Farm, etc.)

If HRD dogs got a hit on his car, she was dead in that car for more than 1 1/2 hours. I doubt that is likely. HRD dogs don't hit on living beings, and it takes 1 1/2 hours at least for what they do hit on to be produced by a dead body.

Do you have a link that supports the 1 1/2 hour statement.

I'm confused.

I think it's commonly known that JM was at a football game at Covenant on Friday night before he met up with Hannah early Saturday morning. Seems like I've even seen a photo of him at that game. Covenant's website lists the time of that game as 4:00-6:30 pm.

I was trying to think about how JM would have come into downtown C'ville, but with that much time between the end of the football game and the time he shows up on video on the Downtown Mall, he could have gone home, gone out to dinner, any number of things.

What still puzzles me, though, is that from what I recall of C'ville, and from what I can see on Google Maps, the most convenient place to park if you're going onto the Mall is in the 2nd St/Water St. Parking Garage. There looks to also be some on-street parking along the north side of Water St. There does NOT, however, appear to be any parking on 3rd, 4th, or 5th Streets SE or NE. So where were JM and Hannah going when the door person at Tempo said they walked off, with his arm around her back, at approximately 1:45 am, headed TOWARD the MALL?

Is there any info out there about where his car was parked? Heading toward the mall just doesn't make sense, not when all the logical parking is in the opposite direction.

Edited to add: I think I see now. There's also a Market St. Parking Garage.

At that time of night, he could have done something to her right there in the parking garage, especially if he was parked on one of the less-congested upper levels. He could have parked in an isolated spot on purpose, you know, just in case.

Edited a second time to add: His car wasn't in the Market St. Parking Garage, or if it was, he paid $100 for someone to come unlock the garage to allow him to get his car out. The Garage closes at 1:00 am on Saturday night. So back to my original question. Where was he parked, and why did he and HG walk off toward the mall?

Do you have a link that supports the 1 1/2 hour statement.

I do - and I don't. I misread. So, forget my post and I might even delete it to avoid confusion. According to sarx, right here in our forum, they can hit on it within moments of death and the "expert" who said it would take 1 1/2 hours after death for a hit is crazy.

However - this did lead me to a forum where we can ask these guys all these great questions!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-152258.html

Sarx, where are ya buddy???

Glad you asked, as that's a huge mistake I made.

I'm confused.

I think it's commonly known that JM was at a football game at Covenant on Friday night before he met up with Hannah early Saturday morning. Seems like I've even seen a photo of him at that game. Covenant's website lists the time of that game as 4:00-6:30 pm.

I was trying to think about how JM would have come into downtown C'ville, but with that much time between the end of the football game and the time he shows up on video on the Downtown Mall, he could have gone home, gone out to dinner, any number of things.

What still puzzles me, though, is that from what I recall of C'ville, and from what I can see on Google Maps, the most convenient place to park if you're going onto the Mall is in the 2nd St/Water St. Parking Garage. There looks to also be some on-street parking along the north side of Water St. There does NOT, however, appear to be any parking on 3rd, 4th, or 5th Streets SE or NE. So where were JM and Hannah going when the door person at Tempo said they walked off, with his arm around her back, at approximately 1:45 am, headed TOWARD the MALL?

Is there any info out there about where his car was parked? Heading toward the mall just doesn't make sense, not when all the logical parking is in the opposite direction.

At that time of night, he could have done something to her right there in the parking garage, especially if he was parked on one of the less-congested upper levels. He could have parked in an isolated spot on purpose, you know, just in case.

everyone parks wherever they can down there and walk...i, for one, resent having to pay for parking, so always park nearby and walk... he likely walked her to his car down one of the side streets

I'm confused.

LE seem to have JM's timeline prior to his meeting Hannah. They also seem to know where the car was parked, and that Hannah got into the car.

Where the trail ends is where did JM, Hannah and car go at about 2AM and therafter. If LE knows, they have not shared the info with us They have been sending about appeals to all who might have seen the car, JM, Hannah after that time. So far no info to share with us.

^this! I have a hard time believing JM, who grew up around here, would just waltz right onto private property unless he KNEW the owners/hands wouldn't see him. other farmers look out for each other too. I have gotten called by neighboring farms because they noticed things I didn't. And if I were to be away for an extended period of time, they would be looking out for my property.

Yes, but at 2-3am, even a helpful neighbor (who is probably at least 2 acres away) could miss a huge black man trapsing around your property.

I do - and I don't. I misread. So, forget my post and I might even delete it to avoid confusion. According to sarx, right here in our forum, they can hit on it within moments of death and the "expert" who said it would take 1 1/2 hours after death for a hit is crazy.

However - this did lead me to a forum where we can ask these guys all these great questions!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-152258.html

Sarx, where are ya buddy???

Glad you asked, as that's a huge mistake I made.

It would be nice to know if there were a cadaver hit on JM's car. That would let us know if Hannah was it it dead, or just when she was alive.

Unless she was heavily drugged with something, I don't think she'd stay in that car long after figureing out JM was going anywhere but to where she wanted to go. I think JM, being the impatient type, would also want to "get down to business" fast. I think he took her fairly nearby Some place that is out of the way, easy to hid, no one would be there. My guess is that it's some abandoned or partially abandoned private property within minutes of Tempo's.

I wish we knew when the very first sighitng of JM was that Saturday after leaving Tempo's.

I wonder if the passenger's door is modified so she could not open it

I would rather jump out on the highway then keep riding with him.

I remember reading early on that his passenger side door was duct taped shut from the outside, but.that wasn't shown in the LE pics...

I'm confused.

Edited a second time to add: His car wasn't in the Market St. Parking Garage, or if it was, he paid $100 for someone to come unlock the garage to allow him to get his car out. The Garage closes at 1:00 am on Saturday night. So back to my original question. Where was he parked, and why did he and HG walk off toward the mall?

Before he crossed over the sidewalk towards Hannah, which direction was he heading in? Perhaps to his car? So, where in that direction would one park?

Yes, but at 2-3am, even a helpful neighbor (who is probably at least 2 acres away) could miss a huge black man trapsing around your property.

Very true indeed. My experience is strictly anecdotal, but at night (and during the day), dogs watch over my livestock. I use Great Pyrenees dogs and while they are friendly to us, they get downright vicious to strangers around their charges. A joke is that if you drive by a field of sheep or cows and can't spot the dog, just park the car and walk up to the fence. The dog will come out from wherever he is and go NUTS!
Between rednecks, hunters, territorial property owners and dogs, farm hands, cops and Virginia's strict trespassing laws, I don't see how JM would risk it.
And if it is a horse farm, forget about it. He would have to be practically suicidal to trespass on a horse farm. I just can't shake the feeling that if he left her on private property, he knew that there werent the usual "security" measures in place and that the farm wasn't a working farm.

Edited to add: horses and roosters are excellent "guard dogs." they will let you know if anything is amiss in your fields.

Before he crossed over the sidewalk towards Hannah, which direction was he heading in? Perhaps to his car? So, where in that direction would one park?

It wasn't parked that direction - he was headed AWAY from where his car was parked, probably to another bar or just to stroll...or hunt.

If someone can look at the PC transcripts, I believe Longo said near 4th street, after asking the detective if they wanted that information released.

"Graham and Matthew were seen leaving the bar together, and Matthew drove away in his Chrysler coupe that was parked near the bar, and police said they have “every reason to believe” Graham was in the car, too."
http://wtvr.com/2014/09/24/jesse-matthew-jr-charged-with-abduction-of-hannah-graham-is-in-custody/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faithfülly