Hannah Graham: The Search - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this mean/how should the bold be interpreted? - quoted from CNN article

""The search for Hannah is currently in a transition stage," Eggeman said Friday.
Jesse Matthew's cab seized
The city of Charlottesville is in charge as of Monday, taking over from the Department of Emergency Management, with a different focus and change in strategy.
Eggeman said experts are still investigating tips and leads and are analyzing some imaging taken from a specialized camera mounted on board a private plane. The plane was donated to the search effort from Woolpert Inc."
They are transitioning from doing radius searches to specific areas where they have received viable leads. They already did the 8 mile radius of C''Ville. Also, I believe Quantico is coming in to aid in the search with more specific information. This may or may not mean that they received back information requested from JM's phone. JMO

At this point, all these hours later, when we know Bessie has been on here, I'm going to speculate it has to do with a request by LE and WS can't provide any detail. JMO.

As FindHG said, we must remember this isn't about us and our desire for information, as frustrating (and humbling) as that is.
Really? Has that happened in the past?

At this point, all these hours later, when we know Bessie has been on here, I'm going to speculate it has to do with a request by LE and WS can't provide any detail. JMO.

As FindHG said, we must remember this isn't about us and our desire for information, as frustrating (and humbling) as that is.

:yeahthat::yeahthat:

I think that LE doesn't want the media messing with the search. Also, WS is really big on verification. IF LE didn't ask it to be taken down, WS might put the thread back after Gilamon becomes verified. In the search box on WS type in verified member, and I think the steps for verification will come up. It's really useful having a verified member during a search! We had quite a few while searching for Mickey Shunick. If you are an insider on the case, don't taking verification personally. You are valued! Thanks for your input, Gil.

They are transitioning from doing radius searches to specific areas where they have received viable leads. They already did the 8 mile radius of C''Ville. Also, I believe Quantico is coming in to aid in the search with more specific information. This may or may not mean that they received back information requested from JM's phone. JMO

So we can assume, I HOPE I HOPE, that this change in focus is due to new leads or info, not JUST that they've completed the 8 mile radius.

We are such sleuthers that we are sleuthing why our own thread was taken down. :) Back to the search!

I'm guessing the heli pics provided some info that is just now coming to light after scanning the footage, thus the more focused on area.

So we can assume, I HOPE I HOPE, that this change in focus is due to new leads or info, not JUST that they've completed the 8 mile radius.

Ehh, I'm 50/50. I 100% believe Gilamon's account of yesterday, so I do believe they have new leads, but I think we will know for sure if they have something good if they continue to search in a particular area. Right now we just see them searching everywhere (or nowhere, today and tomorrow) :)

Ehh, I'm 50/50. I 100% believe Gilamon's account of yesterday, so I do believe they have new leads, but I think we will know for sure if they have something good if they continue to search in a particular area. Right now we just see them searching everywhere (or nowhere, today and tomorrow) :)
I think thatis dumb a heavy storm is coming in wed they need to search tomorrow.

were they searching today where they were searching yesterday with the dogs?

I think thatis dumb a heavy storm is coming in wed they need to search tomorrow.

If it's the cool front that we just got in Louisiana. It blew through pretty quickly. It was windy all day, but the rain and lightning only lasted 2 hours. So hopefully it won't stop them for too long. The winds were very strong, however.

He couldnt have possibly taken the battery out of Hannah's phone. Hannah had an iphone. Iphones do not have removable batteries.
Destroy it, or throw it in a water source? Sure. But physically take the battery out? Not possible with an Iphone.

I didn't know that. Of course I still only have an old fashioned flip phone.

The search will be intensified wow to that. Chief Longo is one wonderful man and he is so intense on finding Hannah and returning her to her parents.

I believe her parents are from England so this has to be particularly stressful being away from their support group of friends and family.

With that said their staying in Charlottesville has to be a huge encouragement to law enforcement.

If it's the cool front that we just got in Louisiana. It blew through pretty quickly. It was windy all day, but the rain and lightning only lasted 2 hours. So hopefully it won't stop them for too long. The winds were very strong, however.

My concern right now is falling leaves. It will be so hard to find anything once those leaves come down.

I am sooooo disappointed in the fellow taxi drivers that thought JLM looked like the sketch! WHY OH WHY didn't they notify police. How sad. But at least they are talking now. Surely they know SOMETHING that they never really knew they knew. Something seemingly insignificant that is actually very significant.

Very surprising they didn't say something...especially considering there was $150,000 to be had. Honestly, that's why I don't believe they really thought he looked like the sketch.

He couldnt have possibly taken the battery out of Hannah's phone. Hannah had an iphone. Iphones do not have removable batteries.
Destroy it, or throw it in a water source? Sure. But physically take the battery out? Not possible with an Iphone.

This is true! You'd have to unscrew it etc. It's not a simple thing. Of course she would have put up a fight unless she was already subdued or passed out :(

I doubt he would have taken it along for the ride to wherever he hid her and I doubt he sat in his car with her in the car and took her iphone apart. So my guess is that he threw it out in tact or smashed it and threw it out. But even smashing wouldn't necessarily completely disable pings.

Very surprising they didn't say something...especially considering there was $150,000 to be had. Honestly, that's why I don't believe they really thought he looked like the sketch.

I think I'm the only person who REALLY thinks he looks like that sketch. In fact, I think that is one of the best sketches of a perp I've seen in a while.

This is true! You'd have to unscrew it etc. It's not a simple thing. Of course she would have put up a fight unless she was already subdued or passed out :(

I doubt he would have taken it along for the ride to wherever he hid her and I doubt he sat in his car with her in the car and took her iphone apart. So my guess is that he threw it out in tact or smashed it and threw it out. But even smashing wouldn't necessarily completely disable pings.

But if it was thrown in a dumpster, the signal would be probably be lost (as per an article previously posted by another user). HG and her phone may both have been put in a dumpster for all we know...

"How do you remove the external battery pack from iPhone 4S
store.apple.com › ... › Cases, Armbands & Films
Apple Store
The same way you do from the 3 or 4 - slide the top and bottom coponents apart ..."
:dunno:​
http://store.apple.com/us/question/...battery-pack-from-iphone-4s/QDH77JKFYCHYCYKAX

were they searching today where they were searching yesterday with the dogs?
I don't know, I was reading until 3am est, it kinda sounded like searchers or a small team might come into an area from a different route but we also heard about SAR teams needing to leave the area today for unknown reasons or a bunch of different reasons, they have been working so hard everyday for weeks. IMHO I think they will conduct targeted areas for the rest of the week based on imaging from the plane, tips, gps coords and maybe even possibly ;) cell phone pings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove