Hannah Graham: The Search - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In thread #3 a fellow poster was researching local family cemeteries on properties. I was also doing this and would love to know who that poster is as i cant remember.

IIRC, the poster you are interested in may be Foxfire.

Sure you can. If you are being careful and know what you are doing, you can replace an iPhone battery in 10 minutes. If the goal is destruction, all you need to know is how to open it up--easily found on you tube and/or i fixit.com.

That might be a lot of trouble, but if you are a creeper who needs to disable phones, it isn't farfetched.

Sure you can. If you are being careful and know what you are doing, you can replace an iPhone battery in 10 minutes. If the goal is destruction, all you need to know is how to open it up--easily found on you tube and/or i fixit.com.

That might be a lot of trouble, but if you are a creeper who needs to disable phones, it isn't farfetched.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3w1Wtk1-_Y

If LE may have found any of those tools in his car, that may be pretty damning, but could just putting it water kill it too?

He couldnt have possibly taken the battery out of Hannah's phone. Hannah had an iphone. Iphones do not have removable batteries.
Destroy it, or throw it in a water source? Sure. But physically take the battery out? Not possible with an Iphone.

iPhone batteries ARE removable. I watched my sister replace her battery using a battery purchased on eBay and a YouTube video for instructions. However, I don't think JM removed Hannah's phone battery. It's definitely likely it went dead by that point...iPhone 5 batteries are terrible. Even if it was fully charged when she left her home it could go dead with usage for calls, texts, map program, etc.

Someone on the last thread said it's almost impossible to completely disable a phone to keep it from pinging but if that's the case, they would have been able to locate Jennifer Huston faster because her phone was still with her, but had been turned off.

The info is that her phone's last signals indicated location at the mall, so regardless of battery in, on, out, off, whatever....it seems like it won't be useful to help find her. Even if he didn't turn her phone off I bet he checked it to make sure it wasn't working before he left the mall with her, but I bet he wasn't so careful with his own phone because he never thought it would be checked!

Comeback Gilamom. Just get verified is all you need to do. I will understand if you dont. GO GIL!

That sucks on so many levels. That we would chase away anyone is shameful [emoji29]

Sometimes people's comments are very snobby and dismissive. I read several that made it sound like G's info had caused massive amounts of important info to be lost forever. I am no moderator but it really didn't seem like he was posting anything more than what many others have posted, except that he was was an actual property owner rather than reporting a location someone drove past. I'm glad thread 3 is still available and I hope G comes back, and more than anything I hope Hannah is FOUND!

I think the discussion of the search changing is that LE has gotten specific info back on cell phone pings and locations, and they're activating Quantico resources to put a huge amount of manpower into those specific areas. The quote made it sound like Quantico just casually was like oh hey, you guys want some help? But I bet they've been on standby waiting for these phone records. They can compare drone footage, private airplane footage, and cell phone pings and put a whole lot of men on the ground right where they need them.

Please God help them find her!

I think the discussion of the search changing is that LE has gotten specific info back on cell phone pings and locations, and they're activating Quantico resources to put a huge amount of manpower into those specific areas. The quote made it sound like Quantico just casually was like oh hey, you guys want some help? But I bet they've been on standby waiting for these phone records. They can compare drone footage, private airplane footage, and cell phone pings and put a whole lot of men on the ground right where they need them.

Please God help them find her!

We can read the coming of the FBI Academy Training group different ways:
A. Things are ramping up. FBI experts are coming to do things previous search groups and investigators are not trained to do. Read the FBI Academy website to see what their areas of training are. These are things local LE and dog search groups do not do.
B. Things are not ramping up. The group of FBI Academy students is coming for a training exercise and to get field experience while helping with the search.

I completely agree with you - I think JM (pre-dreads and weight gain) looks exactly like the original sketch, before the computer generated version that was released after MH's murder. But I do believe this post belongs in the "What do we know about JM" thread. We don't want this one taken down due to off-topic posts. This has to stay related to the search for HG or it might be deleted again, and no one wants that.:please:
So every time someone says JM, I think of Juan Martinez with dreads and weight gain...........lap ending too much time on anther board, I guess........

Rolo

After looking at the series of maps linked in ksj3's post #1235 on page 50 and the map linked by FindHG above,I am struck by several things. Realizing that distances are deceptive in these overhead views it still seems very strange to me that MH's body was left so relatively close to residences on Anchorage Farm in a fairly open area when much more dense coverage is so nearby. And the map of the general area around Heard's Mtn is very dense. So how to pick a spot in the middle of these particular areas. Looking at the location where MH was found I think a very important element is access to water, preferably moving water. This gives additional noise insulation, provides a landmark/path to follow for finding the spot and returning to it, and most importantly provides a place for the perpetrator to clean up after the fact. And moving water would immediately disperse any mess from his cleaning up. With the brutality of the attacks JM is linked to it is quite certain he would need to wash up/rinse off before returning to his vehicle. A pond would not disperse evidence quite as quickly/thoroughly. I think proximity to a creek or river might be a way to limit some of these searches of enormous properties. JMO And thanks to the posters who have linked to the maps. Visuals can elicit new ideas...

I wanted to bring this post over since I think it outlines great search potentials

Thanks Maureen! Seeing how close MH's body was to the creek/stream on Anchorage Farm really got me thinking about the perp's need to clean himself up before returning to his car and "civilization"--even if he leaves the body in a secondary location (which I'm not inclined to think he does--I think it's one site for both whatever horrible things he does and where he leaves them). But either way, he has to have a nearby place to wash away the evidence. This feels significant to me. Glad it resonates for you also. But there is so much land with so many creeks, streams and rivers. It is an enormous task. I am so grateful to all the LE and SAR personnel who have given above and beyond. Hope Hannah is found SOON and her family can at least have some answers and the ability to start the full grieving process.

MOD NOTE: I spent hours cleaning up that last thread, not to mention the SAR thread, and I'll be darned if I'm going to do the same with this one!

Each member is responsible for knowing the rules. If you have a question about the rules, or about a mod's decision, you are expected to contact a mod in a private message. Whining and complaining in the threads is NOT allowed.

If a mod removes a post, it's for a good reason. Those who know the rules will understand. If you don't, that's an indication you should take time to learn them. Why on earth would you talk about the removed post? If the subject was allowed, the post would not have been removed in the first place!!

Discussing another member is NOT okay. Whether a member chooses to post, or not to post, is none of your business. And nothing will earn you a TIME OUT faster than hinting at a fellow member's identity, location, or any related personal information.

Going forward, Time Outs will be issued for the slightest infraction, no questions asked.

This post is for the benefit of all, and for no one in particular.

I am so grateful to all the LE and SAR personnel who have given above and beyond. Hope Hannah is found SOON and her family can at least have some answers and the ability to start the full grieving process.
brief respectfully

If nothing else, and what you say makes great sense, I would think he may have also need a good excuse to be there - thus somewhere to fish as an excuse? But the only people he may have run into at those hours may have been police. It would be if he had the need to revisit the spot that he may have needed and excuse, like fishing.

He may have been used to dealing with a dispatcher at a taxi service. He may have had the incentive to stay off the radar. He may have had the means (how do you listen to police dispatches?). He may have been at his most cautious driving when he had his victims. Like all the flip sides he seems to have exhibited, he gets tickets otherwise. It comes back to the idea that exact locations of the various tickets may mean something about were he flips from caution to carelessness.

Seeing how close MH's body was to the creek/stream on Anchorage Farm really got me thinking about the perp's need to clean himself up before returning to his car and "civilization . . . . he has to have a nearby place to wash away the evidence.

Yes, I agree with this, too. Familiarity with water, with cleaning fish and cleaning gear near water, would draw a murderer to water as a disposal site. The crocs also make sense: Wade in the water, rinse in the water. Related thought, which I'll also put in the thread related to JM's clothing: JM "always wore those stupid shorts" (as a friend said after viewing video), and JM wore really strangely short pants --- "high-water pants" -- in the Texas convenience store video, too. High water pants, and crocs = a person who wades a lot, and wants to keep shoes and pants free from mud and/or evidence? Point being: He could clean himself up afterwards, especially in the warmth of September and October, in a stream, and that would even be habitual to him if indeed he's a fisherman.

Rolo

After looking at the series of maps linked in ksj3's post #1235 on page 50 and the map linked by FindHG above,I am struck by several things. Realizing that distances are deceptive in these overhead views it still seems very strange to me that MH's body was left so relatively close to residences on Anchorage Farm in a fairly open area when much more dense coverage is so nearby. And the map of the general area around Heard's Mtn is very dense. So how to pick a spot in the middle of these particular areas. Looking at the location where MH was found I think a very important element is access to water, preferably moving water. This gives additional noise insulation, provides a landmark/path to follow for finding the spot and returning to it, and most importantly provides a place for the perpetrator to clean up after the fact. And moving water would immediately disperse any mess from his cleaning up. With the brutality of the attacks JM is linked to it is quite certain he would need to wash up/rinse off before returning to his vehicle. A pond would not disperse evidence quite as quickly/thoroughly. I think proximity to a creek or river might be a way to limit some of these searches of enormous properties. JMO And thanks to the posters who have linked to the maps. Visuals can elicit new ideas...

I wanted to bring this post over since I think it outlines great search potentials

I think the aerial images are deceptive. I have a family member who has 80 acres with a mix of heavily wooded areas and open space and with some areas that are farmed with corn - he said it would be impossible for him to search every inch of his property within a reasonable time frame and even after living on the property for 5+ years, he knows there are places on the property he's never been, so when you think that Anchorage Farm is 740+ acres and that Morgan's body was placed there (likely) in the fall - it's not all that unusual that someone could go on the property unnoticed. We have 5 acres and unless we're outside and hear a car pull up, we wouldn't know if someone was on our property.

In thread #3 a fellow poster was researching local family cemeteries on properties. I was also doing this and would love to know who that poster is as i cant remember.

Foxfire is an expert on Serial Killers and a dowser who helps find unmarked graves, but as I recall, there was one other WS member who is also interested in researching old family and church cemeteries.

Yesterday, I went back to Search thread #3 but did not find the comment by the other person, but did find these comments about cemeteries and cedar trees:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...h-Graham-The-Search-3&p=11081648#post11081648
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...h-Graham-The-Search-3&p=11079795#post11079795
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...h-Graham-The-Search-3&p=11079817#post11079817
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...h-Graham-The-Search-3&p=11079376#post11079376

Knowledge of old graves and early ownership of land by relatives of JLM might be very useful in the search for Hannah and other missing VA women.

Jesse Matthew may be driven by anger and vengeance in the deposition of the bodies of his victims.

It might be something as simple as a piece of land where he fished becomes a mini-estate subdivision with huge homes he might envy, or woods being cleared, an old black family church being torn down, or his people losing land due to tax and zoning board rulings (Bass, who owned the land where MH was depositied was chairman of zoning board for that county for many years).

The violence of JLM against women points to targeted, extreme anger/rage.

JMO

Originally Posted by Fence Sitter View Post

Here ya go Fence Sitter -->

Originally Post #1406 on search thread #3 by by suejay40 View Post
Does anyone know anything about the location of the farm where the van was found or where in Keswick he used to live. I am doing some research into the private cemeteries in the area and would like to know which ones are in his comfort zone. There is one that is on a 700 acre farm that is right by 29. I am perplexed as to why none of these girls have been found and a private cemetery might be worth checking in to.

One reason for the lack of cooperation on JM's part is what will be discovered when Hannah is found. Going on the theory that he has a "place" makes me wonder how many others will be found.

LJM, activist avenging serial killer fighting the system for his people? Hmmm.... let me think on that. :laughing:

iPhone batteries ARE removable. I watched my sister replace her battery using a battery purchased on eBay and a YouTube video for instructions. However, I don't think JM removed Hannah's phone battery. It's definitely likely it went dead by that point...iPhone 5 batteries are terrible. Even if it was fully charged when she left her home it could go dead with usage for calls, texts, map program, etc.

Someone on the last thread said it's almost impossible to completely disable a phone to keep it from pinging but if that's the case, they would have been able to locate Jennifer Huston faster because her phone was still with her, but had been turned off.

The info is that her phone's last signals indicated location at the mall, so regardless of battery in, on, out, off, whatever....it seems like it won't be useful to help find her. Even if he didn't turn her phone off I bet he checked it to make sure it wasn't working before he left the mall with her, but I bet he wasn't so careful with his own phone because he never thought it would be checked!

I agree. My kids, their friends all have iPhones, and it seems like their batteries are always dead or low. Especially when needed. Very frustrating to me. We have no idea what iPhone she had.

I think I'm the only person who REALLY thinks he looks like that sketch. In fact, I think that is one of the best sketches of a perp I've seen in a while.

No I agree 100%- IMO that's one of the best sketches I've seen with regards to being almost spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skelyatr