Hannah's Journey on 09/13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The time of the text was in dispute-we've heard a couple of different times, but I believe that it was an autocorrect from "almost" because Hannah believed she was getting a ride and was trying to say she was close to her destination (as many people do when late). I think she was in Tempo, Tempo personnel are hedging to avoid charges of their own, and I think Hannah's cell phone either ran out of battery or was shut off and tossed. Once it's powered down, there is nothing to track. If enabled, the phone will show the last location before shutdown, and that's it. LE should have a time and a place where the phone was last on.
It's just a sad confluence of events that sent Hannah on a journey that ended up with her meeting up with a serial killer. So many things had to align in order for it to end this way. So many opportunities to help her were missed. A tragedy.

The odd thing about this, if the times are correct, is that both HG and JLM would have been at Tempos from 1:11 until 1:45.

So either HG sent that text, which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever

OR JLM had already decided to act and was toying with her friends by texting them a red herring before disabling the phone.

OR... as said upthread, the time of the text was actually 1:06, just before she met up with JM, which is what some new outlets reported, saying that the original time reported was incorrect (see above).

Yes, that's what I was going to introduce, as well, that the time may not be correct. At this link, http://www.c-ville.com/hannah-graham-tracking-investigation-far/#.VFLHrcnp-Sq, it says that last text message about being lost in the area of Wertland Street was actually sent at 1:06am, adding that Police initially said that message was sent at 1:20am.

If that last text msg of hers was made at 1:06, that was just before she met up with JM, wasn't it? In fact, wasn't that also the time given for the video of her walking past Sal's Pizza? She was not seen texting on that video, however. Maybe she texted just after, out of that camera's view, and that's when JM caught up to her...:(

Another article that talks a bit about HG's texts that night was at this link:http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...25aab8-4001-11e4-b03f-de718edeb92f_story.html
It says "at one point saying she was on Main Street when she actually was on Preston Avenue."

That WP article does make it sound like she was hopelessly turned around. Poor dear HG. It's so sad to watch the surveillance videos knowing the outcome. Makes you just want to reach out to her into the video and say, "Hannah, NO!"

I am bothered by the missing time between Hannah leaving party and showing up on first video. I believe she left party at 11:50 and shows up on video at 12:45? A young man left party with her and said he offered to walk her home. She declined and they went their separate ways. If we take his word for it her next known steps seem inexplicable. What if something occurred between them in that missing time that upset her so she took off? I'm just trying to account for her missing time as well as for her state of mind. I'm not saying he had anything to do with her death, just maybe the circumstances that brought her to where she wound up. I mean he was the last known friend to have seen her. Jmo.

Between 11:50 and 12:45 I think she was walking the whole time but we don't know the exact steps she took. Here's a map that can narrow some things down:

Untitledddd4.jpg

I know what the Hospitality House is, but according to the map on Post #691, it indicates that's where the party was.

No. The party was in the apartments across the street from the Hospitality House

The time of the text was in dispute-we've heard a couple of different times, but I believe that it was an autocorrect from "almost" because Hannah believed she was getting a ride and was trying to say she was close to her destination (as many people do when late). I think she was in Tempo, Tempo personnel are hedging to avoid charges of their own, and I think Hannah's cell phone either ran out of battery or was shut off and tossed. Once it's powered down, there is nothing to track. If enabled, the phone will show the last location before shutdown, and that's it. LE should have a time and a place where the phone was last on.
It's just a sad confluence of events that sent Hannah on a journey that ended up with her meeting up with a serial killer. So many things had to align in order for it to end this way. So many opportunities to help her were missed. A tragedy.

I think she wrote the text herself. Could be an auto correct. That a good idea, there and possible. Though also possible that JM sent it, I don't think he bothered. My guess is that he either smashed the phone, pitched it or dropped it in water. Hannah also could have left it somewhere. I think the phone ran out of battery power. If we knew for sure when the text was written, was sent, it. would be helpful.

Yes, Hannah could have "fibbed" in that text. She could also have texted " lost at 14th and Wertland" because that was where she intended to be dropped off by JM. I get the feeling that if she was offered a ride by JM, she would have him drop her off somewhere not exactly where she wanted to go.

With the inaccuracies of the times of the security cameras, and the uncertainty of the time of that last text, hard to recreate exactly what happened.

I think she wrote the text herself. Could be an auto correct. That a good idea, there and possible. Though also possible that JM sent it, I don't think he bothered. My guess is that he either smashed the phone, pitched it or dropped it in water. Hannah also could have left it somewhere. I think the phone ran out of battery power. If we knew for sure when the text was written, was sent, it. would be helpful.

Yes, Hannah could have "fibbed" in that text. She could also have texted " lost at 14th and Wertland" because that was where she intended to be dropped off by JM. I get the feeling that if she was offered a ride by JM, she would have him drop her off somewhere not exactly where she wanted to go.

With the inaccuracies of the times of the security cameras, and the uncertainty of the time of that last text, hard to recreate exactly what happened.
If she was so incapacitated that he had to hold her up on the way to.the car, how was she writing and sending a coherent text message, though?

I really don't think she went that far down Preston. I think she was only on Preston between McGrady's and the DTM.

I don't think she went that far either. It's possible she could have originally been attempting to get to one down there.... but mainly I was confirming paulap's post that there are, in fact, a lot of parties happening along Preston on the weekends.

If she was so incapacitated that he had to hold her up on the way to.the car, how was she writing and sending a coherent text message, though?

We are relying on Tempo witnesses for Hannah being incapacitated. This is the same group that said she was never in the bar. Is it plausible that JM snuck a beer outside to the waiting Hannah? Would he have risked leaving her outside when he had her in his sights?
In a court of law, lawyers try to discredit witnesses because, after all, if you can't believe they are telling the truth about one thing, how can you trust their testimony? Then you can't, and you should disregard it. I disregard the Temp crew.
I think Hannah thought she was getting a beer and a ride. Why she ended up everywhere that night is a mystery. Other than the Tempo employees, did anyone else say that Hannah was barely able to walk? I am losing track with all of the suppositions.

Good point. Although I think it is possible she sent it. I still think maybe the Tempo witness overstated her physical condition. And I think the phone likely auto-corrected. After all, saying she was "lost at 14th and Wertland" which is an area she would have been quite familiar with is not really coherent. She could have tried to type "almost at 14th and Wertland" and either misspelled or it just auto-corrected to "lost". IDK, but it seems likely to me that she sent the text. I don't think JM would have thought to do that. JMO.

We are relying on Tempo witnesses for Hannah being incapacitated. This is the same group that said she was never in the bar. Is it plausible that JM snuck a beer outside to the waiting Hannah? Would he have risked leaving her outside when he had her in his sights?
In a court of law, lawyers try to discredit witnesses because, after all, if you can't believe they are telling the truth about one thing, how can you trust their testimony? Then you can't, and you should disregard it. I disregard the Temp crew.
I think Hannah thought she was getting a beer and a ride. Why she ended up everywhere that night is a mystery. Other than the Tempo employees, did anyone else say that Hannah was barely able to walk? I am losing track with all of the suppositions.

We were posting at the same time. Totally agree with you here.

And not even witnesses. Just one witness. The door person, I believe. The same door person that didn't see JM reenter tempo...

Between 11:50 and 12:45 I think she was walking the whole time but we don't know the exact steps she took. Here's a map that can narrow some things down:

View attachment 62466

If Hannah was, in fact, walking during that missing 55 minutes, wouldn't you think she'd have been captured on video like she was at McGrady's, the Shell Station, and several places at the DTM? With all the different places she must have passed, surely some had cameras.

I think either the time stamps on her text messages are wrong or HG was not paying attention to the street signs and thought she was in a different place than she really was

LE is saying that HG was walking on Preston when she really thought she was walking on Main. I'm assuming LE has a text message that shows she texted a friend saying she was on Main when around the time of the text surveillance video puts her walking on Preston

It doesn't make any sense to me though because you would think she would be looking at the street signs that are all around her which leads me to believe the time stamps on those texts could be wrong but it is possible that she was not paying any attention to the street signs and thought she was in a different place than she really was which is why she sent a text saying she was on 14th and Wertland when really she was in the DTM. So either the time stamps on her texts are wrong or she was not paying any attention to the street signs

Good point. Although I think it is possible she sent it. I still think maybe the Tempo witness overstated her physical condition. And I think the phone likely auto-corrected. After all, saying she was "lost at 14th and Wertland" which is an area she would have been quite familiar with is not really coherent. She could have tried to type "almost at 14th and Wertland" and either misspelled or it just auto-corrected to "lost". IDK, but it seems likely to me that she sent the text. I don't think JM would have thought to do that. JMO.
I agree - I don't see JM thinking of sending a text from her phone, either.
I also don't see him asking her to wait.outside for him, out of his clutches. I *could* see her waiting, if he had asked her to (bc she was tired, didn't know anyone else in the area, wanted and needed a ride home) but I don't see him risking her getting away.
I really think she was in Tempo with him, and Tempo is covering their butts.

I just don't see how supposedly there was another (shorter, chubbier) woman sitting at the bar alone with a similar top on, as Tempo stated early on in the investigation, and that witnesses were confusing the short, chubby girl in a sparkly mesh half top with Hannah.

I agree - I don't see JM thinking of sending a text from her phone, either.
I also don't see him asking her to wait.outside for him, out of his clutches. I *could* see her waiting, if he had asked her to (bc she was tired, didn't know anyone else in the area, wanted and needed a ride home) but I don't see him risking her getting away.
I really think she was in Tempo with him, and Tempo is covering their butts.

I just don't see how supposedly there was another (shorter, chubbier) woman sitting at the bar alone with a similar top on, as Tempo stated early on in the investigation, and that witnesses were confusing the short, chubby girl in a sparkly mesh half top with Hannah.

BBM.
I know... It's not a common top. I could go a couple of years before I saw someone else in a regular bar wearing a similar metallic crop-top. The chances of that other person being in Tempo in C-ville, at 1:00am, the same exact time HG was there? Like 1/1,000 IMO.

And interestingly now it's a restaurant that is potentially liable for serving a minor who ends up murdered? No... those things combined together don't add up to me. I know my opinion on this is not necessarily popular. But I'm pretty resolute how I feel about this.

If Hannah was, in fact, walking during that missing 55 minutes, wouldn't you think she'd have been captured on video like she was at McGrady's, the Shell Station, and several places at the DTM? With all the different places she must have passed, surely some had cameras.

Yes LE probably does have more surveillance footage than they are releasing to the public. LE is only sharing the part of the timeline starting at 12:45 at McGrady's.

Now she had to have been walking for at least a portion of those missing 55 minutes because she went from the party to McGrady's on foot. She had to have been walking for at least 17 of those minutes because for her to get from the area the party was in to McGrady's in the way she arrived by walking up Preston in the opposite direction of the DTM the fastest path she could take would be 17 minutes according to google maps.

Here is the route:
Untitled9.png

I think its more likely though that she was walking during the whole 55 minutes

Yes LE probably does have more surveillance footage than they are releasing to the public. LE is only sharing the part of the timeline starting at 12:45 at McGrady's.

She had to have been walking for at least a portion of those missing 55 minutes because she went from the party to McGrady's on foot. She had to have been walking for at least 17 of those minutes because for her to get from the area the party was in to McGrady's in the way she arrived by walking up Preston in the opposite direction of the DTM the fastest path she could take would be 17 minutes according to google maps.

Well, that may be except we don't know that she walked to McGrady's.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
red carpet fiber
Back