Harley in the Hangar: Chop Shop?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And we go from "hundreds" to "way less than 10" how ???

BTW, how much is "way less than 10"? :floorlaugh:

Way less than 10 could, of course, also equal none. Has it been proven that "the DM gang" stole this chap's motorbike?

The reason I understand this is because I once entered a contest where it was possible to win "up to $10,000." Only after playing the game did I learn that "up to" can also mean "nothing" in exactly the same way as "less than 10" may equal zero.

DM and or his people could have unknowingly purchased a hot motorcycle, imo.

Or not.

Really? How is that? Meant respectfully...would like to hear your theory.
Didn't have a theory. I replied to a post, then realized I misunderstood the question. ;)

Sorry for the long post but I have met several personalities like this, I know all about the characteristics and what make people like this tick....IMO DM is a very likely candidate to fall into this category

Holy guacamole, Edge1124. You've met several personalities like this? How terrifying for you.

Originally Posted by ClaireNC For what it is worth, I say sociopath. People need to realize the ability to lie that goes along with being a sociopath. They have no conscious and are generally rather intelligent, therefore, they can lie with ease. I suspect that his lawyer can't see through his lies. Will a jury be able to?

After the OJ and Casey Anthony fiasco and a convicted Canadian serial killer walking free in Guadalupe, I doubt it. And isn't Vince Li loose or very near to it?

KH accepted a plea bargain... no jury involved. And, VL was a no jury trial.

How is the media getting this so wrong. Is it less than 10 vehicles in the hangar or "hundreds" I'm going with the Globe, who are quoting Kavanagh, rather than the unnamed source of the Sun...

Toronto Sun
Sources say hundreds of vehicles have been found in a hangar.
http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/straighttalk/archives/2013/05/20130530-065940.html

Globe and Mail
“We’re still investigating, trying to find owners,” said Staff Sergeant Matt Kavanagh, who put the number of vehicles at “way less than 10”.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...urder-suspect-dellen-millard/article12258800/

I was thinking Hamilton may have 10 Toronto may have 110 and lets face it this is a big country..

The description of vehicles dismantled, repainted and having serial numbers ground away fits with a "typical chop shop," said Waterloo Regional Police Inspector Kevin Thaler.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/3...oo-hangar-set-up-like-giant-chop-shop-police/

More than two people involved in this, IMO.

Police say they're still trying to track down owners of the discovered vehicles, putting the number found at fewer than 10

so are they saying that they found fewer than 10 owners of the stolen vehicles

or

they found fewer than 10 vehicles???

Police say they're still trying to track down owners of the discovered vehicles, putting the number found at fewer than 10

or

Who knows? Between the LE arrogance of "you don't really need to know" and media ineptitude to actually investigate...we most likely, won't ever really know what went on here. Not the first time, for sure.

moo

or

It doesn't matter really. I think DM and his boys moved all the vehicles (more than 10 vehicles) that were likely chopped since 2010 or even earlier and the 10 represents what LE was able to take as evidence from the hangar after they got a warrant. IMO I think 10 means no. of vehicles.

I don't know, all the horrible Bernardo/Homolka details eventually leaked. I just think we won't know all that soon.

My father who worked at building cars for over 30 years looked at some photos I showed him of the hangar and he quickly stated "chop shop". JMO

There will be a great deal of information not released to the public... LE is busy preparing for disclosure, which must be done within 21 days. They're certainly not going to release all of their information and evidence to the public. That's what trials are for. Things are very different in Canada than in the US. We may never hear all of the details.

It doesn't matter really. I think DM and his boys moved all the vehicles (more than 10 vehicles) that were likely chopped since 2010 or even earlier and the 10 represents what LE was able to take as evidence from the hangar after they got a warrant. IMO I think 10 means no. of vehicles.

I agree, a lot of the FB pics of "car projects" were in the old hanger (from 2010-the early part of 2012) When they moved to the new hanger there were pics of the new hanger in the fall of 2012 that had just airplanes in the background. Makes me wonder where else they have stored these vehicles or where they shipped them off to?

There will be a great deal of information not released to the public... LE is busy preparing for disclosure, which must be done within 21 days. They're certainly not going to release all of their information and evidence to the public. That's what trials are for. Things are very different in Canada than in the US. We may never hear all of the details.

We will in a couple of years after the trial(s) are over

DM's lawyer expects first disclosure to take longer than that:

Initially he said 3-4 months to first disclosure:

Paradkar: “The earliest I could anticipate is when we get the first round of disclosure, which I expect based on my experience would be probably three to four months. [That] would actually be the first time we would be able to see how strong the Crown’s case is.” http://www.cbc.ca/hamilton/news/story/2013/05/16/hamilton-millard-vigils.html

He's since amended that to 6 months:

Paradkar said he expects it will take at least six months just to obtain disclosure of the Crown’s case against his client. http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2013/05/15/tim_bosma_dellen_millard_formally_charged_with_firstdegree_murder.html

The less than 10 or 100 question. Well how could you have a successful chop shop if you hoarded all 100 for yourself? I would be looking for where did the 100 go? They must have sold or shipped parts, sold unwanted items as scrap metal. Had disposal bins for carpet, floor mats, etc. I would guess there were 10 or less left on hand at the time the hangar was searched. He couldn't make money if he didn't move / sell his product. But that's my MOO.
So I ask myself.....who removes his garbage, who flew cargo out, who accepted car parts as scrap metal, and did he use Kijiji to sell items or using Kijiji to search for people looking for specific parts to make out his shopping list of what to steal next?
I've bought and sold used parts for our 3 muscle cars and not questioned if they were stolen. I don't steal, so I trust most others don't either. Maybe I was wrong! I haven't purchased or sold in that part of Ontario, so maybe my car parts are legit. I hope so. My relatives are O.P.P.'s!

Holy guacamole, Edge1124. You've met several personalities like this? How terrifying for you.

Yep I know....I am like a chameleon haha....ever since I was a kid I befriended all sorts of kids from the underdog to quirky to bully to popular to just plain normal....words are very powerful.....I can get along with anyone, I know what buttons to push or not to push and these types of sociopath types of personalities seem to trust me and like me....I have experienced lots in my life but that has allowed me to understand what makes most people tick. A person can be dead/numb inside so to speak and friends or family have no idea.

The less than 10 or 100 question. Well how could you have a successful chop shop if you hoarded all 100 for yourself? I would be looking for where did the 100 go? They must have sold or shipped parts, sold unwanted items as scrap metal. Had disposal bins for carpet, floor mats, etc. I would guess there were 10 or less left on hand at the time the hangar was searched. He couldn't make money if he didn't move / sell his product. But that's my MOO.
So I ask myself.....who removes his garbage, who flew cargo out, who accepted car parts as scrap metal, and did he use Kijiji to sell items or using Kijiji to search for people looking for specific parts to make out his shopping list of what to steal next?
I've bought and sold used parts for our 3 muscle cars and not questioned if they were stolen. I don't steal, so I trust most others don't either. Maybe I was wrong! I haven't purchased or sold in that part of Ontario, so maybe my car parts are legit. I hope so. My relatives are O.P.P.'s!

or an incinerator!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member