Harley in the Hangar: Chop Shop?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would make sense for LE to look at all the vehicles the suspects use on a daily basis. Maybe DM's Yukon is hot or his p/u truck? The evidence is really mounting on the chop shop side of this case. And that is only the info that LE has released. DM may not be the "mastermind" behind the chop shop side but he would have to know what was going on in his hanger. imo

Just wondering......I thought the LE were finished investigating at the hanger now and they took 2 trailers from the hanger before they were done (which obviously were the bike in parts as well as the one trailer belonging to the same owner. So my question is how are they still investigating said vehicles (less that 10) that were in the hanger or is this just from the media? JMO

I have met many personality types also, not least in my profession. People watch crime movies, watch all the gore connected to The First 48 and the like, have red hair, not too keen on the entrepreneurial lifestyle etc etc...but are not murderers, serial killers or even abusive.

The list you have given has traits that could be attributed to the bulk of the population these days IMO. I actually know of some real 'sociopath types ' who work in many high highfaluting professions. They hide their motives well....thats why I find it hard to see that from the actual evidence (not the speculative suggestions) that DM is such a sociapath. I am going to keep an open, unbiased mind in this case...as I still have that belief that all are innocent unless proven guilty. However I appreciate that many have been found guilty who are actually innocent. This is why I truly do not like to make wild speculation about an accused regardless of what MSM pumps out. JMO.... I guess thats just who I am and what I like to be known as...someone who does not rush to judgement regardless of how many attempts/sideswipes or news articles there are that wish to sway my opinion.... Thats MOO and I really do appreciate and respect everyones opinion whether I agree or not. JMO/MOO

Thank you for your theory :)
I'd be more than able to swallow the idea of someone else running a business and taking advantage of DM if it wasn't for one thing. DM was referred to many times as "The Boss". Are you suggesting that the real bad guys just had DM out there as a front? That they gave him the title of "the boss" to make him feel good so they could exploit him, blackmail him or coerce him into allowing WM's hangar be used for a chop shop? That they let him go out on car heists for giggles? mmmmm I'll need a lot of sugar to get that one down.

Seems to me that some of the most shocking crimes in history are those where LE finally realize that all DNA, finger prints, tire tracks, boot prints etc all point to the good looking, successful, wealthy individual that had absolutely no reason to commit the crime. Bernardo was so good at this that LE had questioned him in concern to the Scarborough rapes...and let him go! Further, once they did snag him, it was discovered that his sister in law had also been murdered. And PB even found someone to help him!

Now, when I say "no reason to commit the crime", IMO, that is simply a perception that us poor little humans have. As decent law abiding human beings with full functioning consciences, we cannot even begin to understand why someone who has everything could ever be responsible for terrible acts. Everyone looks for a reason "why not" because it defies our own perceptions of the world. We don't fear the good looking, financial secure individual..they're everything we strive to be- but rather, we throw our suspicions towards those who are poorer and have been in trouble with the law before. Reality is that psychopaths walk amongst us and do not have socio-economic barriers. JMHO, the poor, unattractive guy with a criminal record is very seldom the complex criminal. As always...MOO

and the fact that Airport manager Chris Woods met with Dellen at the Hanger weeks ago to discuss future plans and saw all non aviation vehicles is bazaar, so either there was much fewer than 10 for him to just sluff it off or if there were alot more why not just tell airport security or RCMP at the airport to just check it out.

Wood says he last met with Dellen Millard in March, three months after he had taken over the company following the death of his father, Wayne Millard.
They talked about Millard’s plans for the future of the company, which Wood recalls as potentially including a new tenant or different commercial business within the confines of the 50-year lease.
so what was the other commercial company? Automotive? was he leasing to someone?

http://metronews.ca/news/kitchener/688568/waterloo-region-spent-5-4m-on-millardair/
There's different types of zoning for different types of businesses. Land within an aerodrome proper would be zoned for aircraft or aviation related businesses and I don't think the Airport would even begin to allow an automotive business on Airport land. Even if they did have a couple planes as a front. http://www.waterlooairport.ca/en/abouttheairport/resources/YKFAirportDevelopmentStandards.pdf

I'd be more than able to swallow the idea of someone else running a business and taking advantage of DM if it wasn't for one thing. DM was referred to many times as "The Boss". Are you suggesting that the real bad guys just had DM out there as a front? That they gave him the title of "the boss" to make him feel good so they could exploit him, blackmail him or coerce him into allowing WM's hangar be used for a chop shop? That they let him go out on car heists for giggles? mmmmm I'll need a lot of sugar to get that one down.

Seems to me that some of the most shocking crimes in history are those where LE finally realize that all DNA, finger prints, tire tracks, boot prints etc all point to the good looking, successful, wealthy individual that had absolutely no reason to commit the crime. Bernardo was so good at this that LE had questioned him in concern to the Scarborough rapes...and let him go! Further, once they did snag him, it was discovered that his sister in law had also been murdered. And PB even found someone to help him!

Now, when I say "no reason to commit the crime", IMO, that is simply a perception that us poor little humans have. As decent law abiding human beings with full functioning consciences, we cannot even begin to understand why someone who has everything could ever be responsible for terrible acts. Everyone looks for a reason "why not" because it defies our own perceptions of the world. We don't fear the good looking, financial secure individual..they're everything we strive to be- but rather, we throw our suspicions towards those who are poorer and have been in trouble with the law before. Reality is that psychopaths walk amongst us and do not have socio-economic barriers. JMHO, the poor, unattractive guy with a criminal record is very seldom the complex criminal. As always...MOO

That is a good post. I'm thinking along the same lines as you. I even thought about that Bernardo interview with police. I remember that they said to him that the composite drawing even looked like him! Then they all laughed! Obviously, the police had a profile, Bernardo didn't fit it, so he wasn't a suspect. I think in this case, this is what may have been happening. ie. LB's disappearance DM does not fit the profile of a murderer or of running a chop shop because he is assumed to be "wealthy". Perhaps there were some people at the airport who had their suspicions, then discarded them thinking to themselves "DM is wealthy why would he steal a vehicle?"

TB truck was probably for personal use, like many of the other stolen vehicles LE found. Hard to say with the lack of data but it was always my opinion that he had a small chop shop for personal use (and that includes stealing/selling). DM would likely steal for parts then build, that was his 'high' from the crimes then sell them off. He was an avid mechanic so building = pleasure, building rare or high end stolen vehicles would be a thrill in itself forsomeone like him.

TB's truck was probably to keep for himself, killing TB was a way to elicit that high since he wasn't going to get one by building with his truck.

Ps 'cash only account' is not a suspicious thing at all, it just means they didnt set up credit for a 'billing' account. But because it's DM it Is suspicious. Regardless every account has records of transactions and cash only could still be by cheque, money order etc

Seems to me that some of the most shocking crimes in history are those where LE finally realize that all DNA, finger prints, tire tracks, boot prints etc all point to the good looking, successful, wealthy individual that had absolutely no reason to commit the crime.

Now, when I say "no reason to commit the crime", IMO, that is simply a perception that us poor little humans have. As decent law abiding human beings with full functioning consciences, we cannot even begin to understand why someone who has everything could ever be responsible for terrible acts. Everyone looks for a reason "why not" because it defies our own perceptions of the world.

I think this is incorrectly conflating different criminals and their motives. Bernardo and Russell Williams did have their motives (sexual, power, etc.), but what is the motive for a wealthy individual to get involved in a risky chop shop venture? Sure, it could be greed, but it seems the risks outweigh the rewards, especially for someone already living the good life.

My theory is that perhaps DM did not have too many friends until he met this group of suburban gangsters (lol), and they were attracted to him as he offered them toys and trips, etc, but perhaps he felt he had to earn their friendship, beyond simply buying it for them, so he begins to act in a way he believes will appeal to them. He suggests a plan to steal a Harley, then some cars, etc. Perhaps this works, and he actually earns some respect from them and he therefore continues to steal vehicles and maybe moves some drugs, etc. Perhaps someone suggests turning up the gangsta dial a notch and taking a test drive and kicking the driver out and just driving away, and DM agrees, but something goes terribly wrong, and here we are.

Just a thought...

On the other hand maybe he's got a bloodlust and killed all the people that have died around him because he is a total sociopath...there is always that potential, I suppose.

(snipped for space)

My theory is that perhaps DM did not have too many friends until he met this group of suburban gangsters (lol), and they were attracted to him as he offered them toys and trips, etc, but perhaps he felt he had to earn their friendship, beyond simply buying it for them, so he begins to act in a way he believes will appeal to them. He suggests a plan to steal a Harley, then some cars, etc. Perhaps this works, and he actually earns some respect from them and he therefore continues to steal vehicles and maybe moves some drugs, etc. Perhaps someone suggests turning up the gangsta dial a notch and taking a test drive and kicking the driver out and just driving away, and DM agrees, but something goes terribly wrong, and here we are.

Just a thought...

On the other hand maybe he's got a bloodlust and killed all the people that have died around him because he is a total sociopath...there is always that potential, I suppose.

Nicely said. I had thoughts along the same lines about him doing things to gain acceptance and/or keep friends. However, I still lean toward the theory that he is a sociopath.

DM was around airplanes and helicopters as a child, he became famouse at the age of 14 for operating them, flying them all by himself. I suppose he could have everything he set his eyes on.
When someone has everything they can imagine, those things become normal, maybe even boring. Then they will need stronger and stronger stimuli to feel good, to feel alive.
If that person has clear vision of what they want, has a good deal of ambition, has a decent business sense they can become a very successful businessman, because they are prepared to take greater risks than the average business man. They can find their extra thrill in those dealings.
The problem begins when that someone doesn't have a business sense and no clear vision of what they want. They get bored and could be open to do stupid things, not because they are in any need of money, but because they need the thrill, the excitement.

Some are asking when someone has everything, why risk it all? Well, some people who have everything are not even realizing what they have is not normal, that the same thing they find so normal means "all" for someone else. There are also some people who are just not good in seeing what the risks of their actions are. And there are some who are simply thinking they are above reproach, because of their status and are sure no one ever would dare to suspect them of the crimes they are involved in.

Unfortunately, Hollywood is idolising the criminal behaviour in many movies and I can see that some young people are tempted to be part of some crime gang and some could be aspiring to be the boss of such organisation. Not always because they need the money, but because it appeals to them to be the "bad guy", even the boss of the "bad guys", and because they find it exciting.

I'm not saying DM is any of the above, but it's a possibility. IMO

has a good deal of ambition

imo, he had a lot of that. Even he tattooed this word on his hand (in some pictures it looked that both hands have the word) to show that to others. However, later the word got a frame. LE said a very specific frame. imo, the frame might mean that he lost "ambition" :jail: and he went down the hill.

DM likes stealing. I saw a photo of his red truck with a shopping cart in the back full of groceries. I think he did it just because he could and was showing off. Maybe he's a klepto. On fb and can't link. Oh yes, it was during the day too.

imo, he had a lot of that. Even he tattooed this word on his hand (in some pictures it looked that both hands have the word) to show that to others. However, later the word got a frame. LE said a very specific frame. imo, the frame might mean that he lost "ambition" :jail: and he went down the hill.

I haven't seen a picture yet where the words are legible. I have not seen a picture (other than the wanted poster) that shows the words "framed". Do they both say "ambition"? Do we know this for sure?

DM likes stealing. I saw a photo of his red truck with a shopping cart in the back full of groceries. I think he did it just because he could and was showing off. Maybe he's a klepto. On fb and can't link. Oh yes, it was during the day too.

Does it say on the fb that he stole the groceries or are you assuming so because the cart is there as well? Just curious...

Does it say on the fb that he stole the groceries or are you assuming so because the cart is there as well? Just curious...

The groceries are in bags. He stole the cart with the groceries in it. Like a doofus. JMO

The groceries are in bags. He stole the cart with the groceries in it. Like a doofus. JMO

Not sure if that is relevant.

I too have a pick-up. I too have been known to take a cart through check-out, to my pick-up - stopping to pay for it on the way through. Better than dropping 4-8 bags on the way.

I don't see anything sinister about that.. more like a photo of "Hey, were eating LARGE here!".

I can't say i'd go as far to load cart and all into the back of the pick-up for a photo-op. One would think store staff would be noticing two doofus's actually heisting that so blatently.

Flying, stealing, sailing, killing...the dude was up for it. Anyhting you suggest that he hadn't done, he was in. To a point, I think he might really have been a rich dupe, talked into dumb ****. I'm actually a bit concerned that he may get railroaded. I really really need more details and evidence.

Not sure if that is relevant.

I too have a pick-up. I too have been known to take a cart through check-out, to my pick-up - stopping to pay for it on the way through. Better than dropping 4-8 bags on the way.

I don't see anything sinister about that.. more like a photo of "Hey, were eating LARGE here!".

I can't say i'd go as far to load cart and all into the back of the pick-up for a photo-op. One would think store staff would be noticing two doofus's actually heisting that so blatently.

I agree... it may not be relevant (just some young guys screwing around), or it might be (as Matou said, could be indicative of a general attitude/propensity to take things).

Also just to clarify, this wasn't just a photo-op. There are photos of the cart in the back of DM's truck both while driving on the street and on his driveway at home. Of course we don't know if DM returned the cart to the store at a later time... somehow I don't think the neighbours would appreciate seeing it laying on the grass somewhere.

I think this is incorrectly conflating different criminals and their motives. Bernardo and Russell Williams did have their motives (sexual, power, etc.), but what is the motive for a wealthy individual to get involved in a risky chop shop venture? Sure, it could be greed, but it seems the risks outweigh the rewards, especially for someone already living the good life.

Sean123.....good theory, I could see that happening, maybe once he got involved he liked it!

DM's ambition was boxed in. That's the message.

He had ambition "at" his hands and then later it was boxed in. Possibly.

Ambition tattoo. I think his grandfather and his father kept telling him over the years, to have ambition. Son, you can't just sit around playing video games and drinking, you need to find some ambition. I think he got the ambition tattoo to mock his father. " look dad, I do have ambition... it is right fuc***ing here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr