Hayward Police searching Garrido property

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I found the video of yesterday's press conference (9/16).http://www.kron.com/ It's the video entitled: Police Say They've Discovered Bone Fragment During Wednesday Afternoon News Conference on Philip Garrido Investigation

Lt. Chris Orrey of the Hayward Police Dept is asked about the photographs about 12:14 into the video.

She says:
"We are assuming they are photographs . (pause). .uh . . of Jaycee and her family. We don't know that for sure, but we definitely don't want them just to end up in a landfill somewhere."

That seems like an odd answer to me. Maybe just because it's off the cuff, but saying "Jaycee and her family" rather than "Jaycee and her daughters" seems strange. After all, any photos from the 18 years of captivity would ASSUMEDLY be of Jaycee and her daughters, unless the Garridos were keeping track of her family . . . before and/or after the abduction.

Does anyone know if Jaycee had a bookbag with her when she was abducted? If so, she COULD have had a wallet or purse with pix of her family, meaning mom, stepdad, herself, etc. It would be interesting if she was allowed to keep these over the years.

But I don't think that Lt. Orrey was quite "in the loop" about the photos.

Well apparently it seems like everyone is insisting this is going to be a serial killer case, when in truth there hasn't been one iota of evidence that it really is. That's what I am concerned about. I mean, what the guy did was obviously bad enough, but let's not start attributing every crime in California in the 1980's to him. You start looking at cases that way, you start to get tunnel vision.

Let's concern ourselves with gathering evidence and prosecuting PG's crimes against Jaycee before we get too far down that road. After all, there is still one gigantic media-sensation trial looming just ahead of us, and if people forget about Jaycee and the girls, they are just sort of going to be forgotten about in the process.

The LE was so bad for 18 years of poor Jaycees life, that they are now trying to redeem themselves.
Bones were found and will be tested. While it can be old Indian bones, what if it is some body's child?
I hope it will end up getting PG a short life expectancy.
At the very least that space will have been cleaned up.
After 18 years it needs to be cleaned up.

Well apparently it seems like everyone is insisting this is going to be a serial killer case, when in truth there hasn't been one iota of evidence that it really is. That's what I am concerned about. I mean, what the guy did was obviously bad enough, but let's not start attributing every crime in California in the 1980's to him. You start looking at cases that way, you start to get tunnel vision.

Let's concern ourselves with gathering evidence and prosecuting PG's crimes against Jaycee before we get too far down that road. After all, there is still one gigantic media-sensation trial looming just ahead of us, and if people forget about Jaycee and the girls, they are just sort of going to be forgotten about in the process.

I am not sure if he murdered anyone. I would like to know however, if there really were two four year olds there, where they went, and their fate.

To say he is a serial killer at this point may possibly be pre-mature, but unfortunately the possibility exists.

I am not sure if he murdered anyone. I would like to know however, if there really were two four year olds there, where they went, and their fate.

To say he is a serial killer at this point may possibly be pre-mature, but unfortunately the possibility exists.
Totally correct...Unfortunately someone like him, could not have much value for the human beings life.
It is more then just possible. I would not at all be surprised.
I would only be surprised that he would bury someone on his own property. :crazy:

Totally correct...Unfortunately someone like him, could not have much value for the human beings life.
It is more then just possible. I would not at all be surprised.
I would only be surprised that he would bury someone on his own property. :crazy:

That is one thing that really bothers me also. Then again if he did use the vehicles to kidnap other children, he is very stupid to keep the vehicles on his property also. Hopefully if he did, they will become a piece of the puzzle that can lead to the ultimate punishment.

Yes. When I look at this photo, I hope that the investigators are taking a close look at the teddy bear and the trike, among lord knows how many other items. (As a teddy bear could pick up saliva, tears, etc. ) These to me are evidence perhaps of other children being there.

I know that it seems the Garridos didn't throw anything out, and these items may have been from when the girls were younger, but I find it notable that there are TWO such kiddie trikes, while Jaycee's children are far enough apart in age that they wouldn't have been both riding plastic kiddie trikes at the same time. The other is seen in a photograph of bikes and a little trike next to each other. Just like a handprint was taken off of Michaela (sp) scooter, perhaps handprints can be taken off of these plastic trikes!!!!!!!

Childrens-toys-sit-amongs-013.jpg

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/gallery/2009/aug/30/jaycee-lee-dugard-kidnap-usa?picture=352315414

Other photos of another plastic trike can be found HERE: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2613437/Sun-journalist-takes-first-look-into-Jaycee-yard-prison.html

Note that the teddy bear in particular looks fairly "new". This I find interesting. Not that "big girls" like 11, 15 and even 29 year olds can't have teedy bears, but it's interesting that it's new-ish and discarded on the trampoline.

Another thought - - - wondering if any of the "missing" girls on the list compiled on websleuths were RIDING BIKES when they were abducted.

I am pretty sure it was on KTVU this morning where it was mentioned that some pets belonging to Jaycee and her daughters are being cared for at the local or county SPCA or similar. If I remember correctly, 3 cats, 2 dogs, a mouse, a bird or birds.

I am pretty sure it was on KTVU this morning where it was mentioned that some pets belonging to Jaycee and her daughters are being cared for at the local or county SPCA or similar. If I remember correctly, 3 cats, 2 dogs, a mouse, a bird or birds.

I watched KTVU Mornings on 2 this morning an at 7am (they usually have reports on a story every 30 mins until 9am) and they did not mention anything about pets.

JULIE

I watched KTVU Mornings on 2 this morning an at 7am (they usually have reports on a story every 30 mins until 9am) and they did not mention anything about pets.

JULIE
Hi Julie, maybe it was on KRON, I switched back and forth a couple of times. But, I did see it.

Hi Julie, maybe it was on KRON, I switched back and forth a couple of times. But, I did see it.

Yes, you are right. The story is in Media Links here:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4167482&postcount=302"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4167482&postcount=302[/ame]

and is cited by Californian a couple of other times on the forum

It is a blessing that Jaycee and her children's pets are in safe hands and will be returned to them.

Cadaver dogs are there this morning, searching the yard of the house next to the Garrido residence.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITfbZQ6x9aA"]YouTube - Police Dog Sniffs Yard Next To Garridos'[/nomedia]

I found the video of yesterday's press conference (9/16).http://www.kron.com/ It's the video entitled: Police Say They've Discovered Bone Fragment During Wednesday Afternoon News Conference on Philip Garrido Investigation

Lt. Chris Orrey of the Hayward Police Dept is asked about the photographs about 12:14 into the video.

She says:

That seems like an odd answer to me. Maybe just because it's off the cuff, but saying "Jaycee and her family" rather than "Jaycee and her daughters" seems strange. After all, any photos from the 18 years of captivity would ASSUMEDLY be of Jaycee and her daughters, unless the Garridos were keeping track of her family . . . before and/or after the abduction.

Does anyone know if Jaycee had a bookbag with her when she was abducted? If so, she COULD have had a wallet or purse with pix of her family, meaning mom, stepdad, herself, etc. It would be interesting if she was allowed to keep these over the years.

But I don't think that Lt. Orrey was quite "in the loop" about the photos.

Unless they were trying to hold back on the fact that the photos contained more than just Jaycee and the girls. PG used a camera in the attack that led to his conviction. He could very well have made videos or taken photos of any other attacks. So this could be photos of what happened to Jaycee or to other victims. If there are photos of that, it is likely that LE would hold that info back from the public as long as possible.

What do you think of this?

During the search of the Garrido property, they have found

This statement is about 21 seconds into this vid: http://www.kron.com/ It's the video entitled, "Many Structures Destroyed on Philip Garrido's Property in Search of More Clues"

Yesterday, in the thread about the daily statements to the media, someone mentioned this find, but I had no idea what he/she was talking about, as I haven't been able to find a link to video of yesterday's press conference (9/16) I would surmise that these are NOT the sort of photos we've all been praying didn't exist - - kiddie you-know-what.

Perhaps the photos are something like baby photos of Jaycee's daughters? I think it's interesting that these photos are being saved for the family, and are seemingly not considered evidentiary.

Another thought - - if y'all have been watching the live feeds and other material from KRON, you'll see that there's TONS of junk being thrown out from the Garrido yard. Three truckfuls yesterday, if I'm remembering correctly.

Call me sentimental, but I'm hoping that somebody thought to save the cat figurines for Jaycee and her daughters. Little things like that can mean so much. If they are not "evidence", per se, I don't see the harm in it.
Not likely, I'm thinking more like posed *advertiser censored* that he forced Jaycee to do.

Not likely, I'm thinking more like posed *advertiser censored* that he forced Jaycee to do.

Agree. Well, yes, of course that's occurred to me, too.

But why on earth would LE EVER act as if they're keeping the photos "for her family", when not mentioning the evidence at all . . . if it's *advertiser censored* . . . would be the best way to handle it.

And why would Lt. Orrey say that we don't want them to end up in a landfill. The photos wouldn't end up in a landfill if they were *advertiser censored* - - that would be prime evidence.

So, either Orrey was flummoxed and didn't know what to say . . . or . . .

See the thing is, is that he forced her to get all glammed up for the business card photo, whom more than one business associate said is Jaycee/Alissa as they knew her. So what's to stop him from having forced Jaycee to pose as his fantasy, he'd already been having his way with her since she was 11- when she developed into a teenager, his attraction probably grew.

As far as the cat figurines, they can buy her all new stuff without all the negativity attached to it. The important point is that she and her daughters will get custody of the pets, and the Garrido's will never see the animals ever again!
Sick as this case is, I think it will get worse, and I do think there's some connection with the Molino's that hasn't been revealed yet, like *advertiser censored*,or using their junk yard to dispose of bodies/cars, etc....

See the thing is, is that he forced her to get all glammed up for the business card photo, whom more than one business associate said is Jaycee/Alissa as they knew her. So what's to stop him from having forced Jaycee to pose as his fantasy, he'd already been having his way with her since she was 11- when she developed into a teenager, his attraction probably grew.

As far as the cat figurines, they can buy her all new stuff without all the negativity attached to it. The important point is that she and her daughters will get custody of the pets, and the Garrido's will never see the animals ever again!
Sick as this case is, I think it will get worse, and I do think there's some connection with the Molino's that hasn't been revealed yet, like *advertiser censored*,or using their junk yard to dispose of bodies/cars, etc....

Good points. But I think it's been said that the business card photo just looked like her. I seriously don't think that photo is really her unless Garrido had her have plastic surgery on her nose. And I don't think that he'd spring for that kind of bucks. But he may have had her always "looking pretty" for him with cheap makeup.

I'm sure he had her (& her daughters, most likely) pose for photos. I think he told Jaycee to say in public they didn't have a camera - - that was just a stupid "cover" . . . like what the daughter was forced to say about the bump near her eye. Lord knows what he had her do claiming he was going to make her a model.

(Ya wonder why the FBI took the computer away from next door, and why they confiscated DVDs, a Mac, etc., from the Molino residence(s).. Ya wonder. NOT.)

Yes, I do agree that it will get worse, and that this is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of what Garrido (and wifey) did. This was no sweet Swiss Family Robinson rustic idyll. There's a good reason those cadaver dogs were back at dawn this morning.

I wouldn't read too much into the Molino raid. It sounds like the girls had been there relatively frequently, and it is possible that the Molino's had additional pictures of them. LE may just have got fed up with her constantly on TV and raided them to make sure that no more pictures of the girls "accidently" got released to the media.

I am simply blown away by all of the the photos of the Garrido backyard. To me, they are filled with meaning, clues, sadness, horror, even sweetness. Check out the latest ones from Radaronline. http://www.radaronline.com/photos/image/20963/2009/09/cops-continue-investigation-jacyee-dugard-case#image-load

This one in particular gave me pause.

LC6E0121_0.JPG

I have no interest in designer goods, so I wouldn't know if the "Louis Vuitton" handbag in the photo is real or faux . . . but I find it intriguing, to say the least, that it is cast down in the yard like so much junk. (One could imagine that it would make a nice "gift" for a captive being a good girl. I hated writing that, but . . . )

I am wondering if this bag was first carried by a victim.

The presence of this pocketbook raises a whole lot of questions.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herbstreit926
Back