HCPD contacts Florida LE about skeletal remains that were found

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't read back many pages not sure if this has been mentioned. Is it possible they kept her alive for that time (last known alive day and Disney trip day) thinking about the many kidnappings we all have known about. Like mentioned previously SM & TM were not on the radar for a few days at the least once she was reported missing, which was a couple of days later (going off memory here) My biggest concern with the remains is they were found in April so surely they would have a positive ID by now if it were HE, right? *If* they are HE would anyone have a reason NOT to announce that (does a gag order cover that too?)

For the record, until there is confirmation of whose remains these are, I do not have any reason to believe they are (H.E.). The MM sheet doesn't convince me it is H.E. It could be someone else entirely. I've seen no evidence nor have I heard of evidence where either of the M's went on a sudden drive to FL before January 2014. If one of them did make such a drive, I am unaware of it. If someone has seen an article in MSM that indicates someone from the M family did disappear for the amount of time it would take to drive down to FL, on or around Dec 18, 2013, I haven't seen it, but would love read it.

BBM -- not in mainstream media, no.

From highway 814, Moorer's road to Deland, Florida is a little over a seven hour trip one way, under optimum driving conditions.

We've been talking about the ID of remains being released and gag orders. This is a different case with different circumstances but I thought I'd post it anyway.

Citing a judge's gag order, investigators Thursday would not release the identity of human remains found this week in Amador County, but the sister of Ripon's Mary Morino Starkey, who vanished in June 2005, said the find raised her hopes.

http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070713/A_NEWS/707130323

To be clear. I am not saying that I think they know who the remains belong to at this point. Just posting this article because we've discussed this. ;) I also think that Florida LE will be considerate of HCPD's wishes if this should turn out to be Heather.

I'm so sad about this case, it's beyond time for the family to bring Heather home and to have some closure. It's pure evil and self serving.

Regarding the gender of the remains, here is a quote from a news article posted on My Horry News' website on Thursday, July 31, 2014: "According to the report, the remains belong to an adult of unknown age. The report is also unsure of the race, ethnicity and gender of the victim." bbm Here is the link: Florida Remains

I hold my philosophy about law and convictions (i.e. guilt or innocence) per the American way of "innocent until proven guilty". However, I don't necessarily apply that philosophy to scientific deduction regarding DNA. They are two different topics and two different animals, so to speak.

That being said....statistically speaking, finding a victim on a likely culprit's route of disposal, finding sheets that are the likely culprit's obsession (Mickey M) and finding the victim in a pink bathrobe (the last known meeting was in the wee hours/past bedtime) totally increase the odds that it may very well be HE.

To be clear, I am not stating that it is definately HE but rather this: the odds are certainly pointing in that direction, imho.

moo

I haven't been able to think of much else since I read about the remains being found with homemade Mickey sheets! Maybe it's a coincidence but in trying to find a picture of some of the decorating TM did, I came across the following on the disboards: "See the banners in this picture? A very good friend I met through Dis made these. She has made the kids t shirts, pillowcases, etc over the years. She is fantastic and the attention to detail is the best I've ever seen. If you need personalized Disney stuff let me know and I will give you her information. She is the best!"

If these remains had been found anyplace but Florida, I would more strongly about this possibly being Heather. But I can see no valid reason to withhold the fact she had been found, if she has and they know.

Disney stuff must be rampant in Florida.

I don't think they're lying when they say they don't know.

They may have a good idea and not be able to prove it, or maybe they just can't eliminate the possibility, but neither one is the same as knowing.

How can DNA not be sourced from the bones by now, in five months?

Both nuclear and mtDNA have been successfully retrieved from human skeletal remains, hundreds or thousands of years after death.

1-s2.0-S1355030613000579-main.pdf

Google D. Higgins and J.J. Austin/ Science and Justice *advertiser censored* 2013 for the pdf.

Or, just the 1-s2.0-S1355030613000579-main.pdf

I hate to sound so cynical... But this is almost unbelievable to me that there has not been a match of DNA...

Unless it is NOT Heather... And they are the remains of a not-reported missing person without a criminal record...

JMO...

both nuclear and mtdna have been successfully retrieved from human skeletal remains, hundreds or thousands of years after death.

1-s2.0-s1355030613000579-main.pdf

google d. Higgins and j.j. Austin/ science and justice *advertiser censored* 2013 for the pdf.

Or, just the 1-s2.0-s1355030613000579-main.pdf

Exactly! This! ^^^^^^^

Here's one thing I do know. IF one of the M's drove to FL at a time other than the known trip they took - UNLESS they were smart enough to NOT take their cell phone with them when they went to drop the body somewhere - or UNLESS they had someone else help them and dispose of the body - LE DOES HAVE THEIR PHONE records and pings etc during that whole time frame --- so LE KNOWS if those phones went to FL on any dates other than the known trip we all know about.

I don't know that the M's would be smart enough not to take their phone - nor do I think TM would let SM go to 'take care' of something like that without her being able to stay in touch with him and make sure he was doing it 'right' or vice versa that TM wouldn't be able to stay in touch with someone to make sure nothing is happening back in Horry County that could compromise what they were doing.

Just some more thoughts.........

I hate to sound so cynical... But this is almost unbelievable to me that there has not been a match of DNA...

Unless it is NOT Heather... And they are the remains of a not-reported missing person without a criminal record...

JMO...

This is what I kind of think as well... I do wonder the same as someone else mentioned here - could they be using this "find" in Deland as a way to keep Tammy & Sidney sweating? Idk but seems strange when considering that the person that found the remains said he saw either a yellow or tan sheet when the skull rolled out, yet now we hear the remains were wrapped in a pink robe, curtains and a Mickey Mouse homemade bed sheet. Then pair that with the fact that police used cadaver dogs when they searched the Moorer property but they had no positive hits, yet something regarding evidence found on the Moorer property contained DNA which led to murder charges. So what could contain DNA but not show death, yet still be used as evidence for murder charges? Maybe Heather's purse or wallet, a clothing item of hers or something like that? It's the only thing I can think of when considering the cadaver dogs didn't hit on anything there. I'm also confused as to where police believe Heather was murdered. They've said murdered at Peachtree Landing but the DNA found at the Moorer homestead throws me off. So was she supposedly killed at Peachtree or the house? Couldn't be the house or the dogs would have hit on it, right?

I'd like to know what brand and roll # the trashbag is. I'd like to see pictures of the bathrobe, bed sheet, & curtains. Was tape used? Was lime put inside of the bag? Were any chemicals detected? The remains were found in March. It's now August. It didn't take that long to pull mtdna for Caylee...just sayin'.

As far as the guy that found the remains, he said looked like they'd been there a year or more...but in all fairness to the experts that test this stuff and investigate, unless that's his area of expertise then he honestly wouldn't know. It'd only be a guess of his. After seeing Caylee Anthony's remains, I'd never have guessed they'd have been there for such a short amount of time. The tropical weather in Florida can definitely enhance & push decomposition.

Here's one thing I do know. IF one of the M's drove to FL at a time other than the known trip they took - UNLESS they were smart enough to NOT take their cell phone with them when they went to drop the body somewhere - or UNLESS they had someone else help them and dispose of the body - LE DOES HAVE THEIR PHONE records and pings etc during that whole time frame --- so LE KNOWS if those phones went to FL on any dates other than the known trip we all know about.

I don't know that the M's would be smart enough not to take their phone - nor do I think TM would let SM go to 'take care' of something like that without her being able to stay in touch with him and make sure he was doing it 'right' or vice versa that TM wouldn't be able to stay in touch with someone to make sure nothing is happening back in Horry County that could compromise what they were doing.

Just some more thoughts.........

When Sidney went to Disney to run, did Tammy and/or the family go with him?

I kind of agree with you, Hoppy, about her not trusting SM, on one hand. But, on the other, she would have believed that they had taken care of his main "problem" (Heather) and she may have been narcissistic enough to think that she was once again in control of SM and that he would not dare not follow any detailed directions she gave him.

Re: the phones, remember TM talked about how awesome Nancy Grace is and it appears she followed her show. So, that may have given her enough knowledge to think about the phones. They could have used burner phones at different points, including a trip to Florida, or wherever needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Justicefornicky