HCPD contacts Florida LE about skeletal remains that were found

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured the FL lead would have been a dead end. I don't think this will be a situation when her body is going to be found by a jogger, or a hiker uncovers her shallow grave.

I suspect strongly she ended up in water, perhaps something with a strong current or simply somewhere vast like the ocean.

Alternatively, she could have very well been dismembered. But, most people, even stupid ones, tend to see the problem with leaving several clues hidden. With that said, I'll go with water as the most likely spot.

The Moorers were not very cunning when it came to hiding their fraud, but when life in prison is a possibility for your actions, many people will start getting creative.

The case is vaguely similar to the Marriott case in NH. Boyfriend and girlfriend kill another girl, no body ever recovered, yet a conviction results from strong circumstantial evidence... and the fact that the girlfriend finally broke down and started to talk.

That may or may not happen here, but I think the rest will play out the same.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

I figured the FL lead would have been a dead end. I don't think this will be a situation when her body is going to be found by a jogger, or a hiker uncovers her shallow grave.

I suspect strongly she ended up in water, perhaps something with a strong current or simply somewhere vast like the ocean.

Alternatively, she could have very well been dismembered. But, most people, even stupid ones, tend to see the problem with leaving several clues hidden. With that said, I'll go with water as the most likely spot.

The Moorers were not very cunning when it came to hiding their fraud, but when life in prison is a possibility for your actions, many people will start getting creative.

The case is vaguely similar to the Marriott case in NH. Boyfriend and girlfriend kill another girl, no body ever recovered, yet a conviction results from strong circumstantial evidence... and the fact that the girlfriend finally broke down and started to talk.

That may or may not happen here, but I think the rest will play out the same.

"Welcome to Websleuths, Caffeine"!
I honor your opinion, but respectfully disagree, Caffeine.. Due to her extreme narcissism, there was entirely too much leakage on social media by TM, before their arrests, imo. Imo, even with the gag order, the writing was on their wall and the devil in the details..

I don't disagree with that at all. I think there will be a conviction either way, but based on circumstantial evidence. I doubt the body will be found, so that direct evidence will probably never come into play.

The Moorers had enough finances to get creative with disposing of a body, whether it's off the Florida keys, in a lake in Texas, whenever. It's sad, but I really doubt for any discovery of the remains.

If anyone talks, it will be SM. He's the puppet, TM is calling the shots.

In TM's corrupt mind, would she 'waste' a prized Mickey Mouse sheet on Heather?

This case really is such a sad case. I dated a much older man when I was Heather's age. Heck, I felt like a princess, and the bee's knees! Here I was, and this man chose ME instead of all the other women near his age. How stupid now, as I'm 42, and well, no wonder he chose me. :( But alas, in those moments, I felt loved, and special. With age comes knowledge. He knew exactly the things to say, and do to encourage the relationship. He'd clean the house while I was at work, even though he didn't live with me. He'd take me out to eat at expensive resturants that I never had been to. But there was the dark sides as well.... the manipulation, the coercion, etc., that at that age I didn't know about. And yes the sex was much different than someone of my own age. There difference? I survived! He wasn't married, but he could have been. He did have a girlfriend, but I didn't know it for months after we began dating. So yeah, he could have been married and I wouldn't have known.

No matter what was going on between Heather and him, she didn't deserve a death penalty. :( We all make mistakes.

I hate this case!!!

Please let them find Heather's body so her family can have a memorial for her, and though I don't know that closure exists, at least let them have the body to bury. :tantrum:

I don't disagree with that at all. I think there will be a conviction either way, but based on circumstantial evidence. I doubt the body will be found, so that direct evidence will probably never come into play.

The Moorers had enough finances to get creative with disposing of a body, whether it's off the Florida keys, in a lake in Texas, whenever. It's sad, but I really doubt for any discovery of the remains.

If anyone talks, it will be SM. He's the puppet, TM is calling the shots.

I think you're right about who's calling the shots, but I think it will be TM who talks -- her posts are so full of how clever she is, and at some point she's going to want somebody to know how clever she was disposing of HE. It probably won't be until after she's convicted, though. Right now I think she still thinks she's going to get away with it.

Rsbm --

Respectfully, the body, its condition, any forensic evidence -- all of that is circumstantial evidence. Direct evidence refers to something like witness testimony (or, say, a video of the crime being committed). Should one of the M's turn on the other and offer testimony, there can still be direct evidence. But finding Heather's body has no bearing on whether direct evidence can come into play.

I'm not even going to venture a guess as to where Heather is...she could be anywhere. I do believe she will be found,in some form. I think it will happen the same way the M's arrest did...when they least expect it...when they are both sitting in their cells,thinking enough time has passed and she'll never be found....I just wish that we could have pics of their stupid,smug faces when it happens.

A Troy Hugh Caison was arrested on 17th January this year in Wilmington, North Carolina. He has a drugs background.

He owned a boat called 'Poor Boy'.

I have always wondered if he is part of the Caison clan connected to Tammy and possibly used his boat to dispose of Heather's body.
I do hope LE checked him out.

It is my opinion that Heather's body was disposed of in the Atlantic Ocean, off the coast of the Carolinas.

I think, I heard, it would be about two more weeks for the lab to id the remains found via MSM. Well, it's on the edge of two weeks from the latest news and I'm on pins about it. Isn't that a shame? To be waiting, for a family?

And the reason our labs in the US via states and counties is why? No one wants to do it or be in that profession? Or degree verses pay? Honestly have no idea why our DNA system is so laxed except for lack of funding and no guidence for it to take precidence... Well, I know about 2000 up to 50,000, possible candidates who have the patience to test the DNA...what about you?

rant over...It has to be a hard job. Not sure anyone wants it. Pressure must be horrible to get results asap. Power to the experts. Teach others. jmo

I think, I heard, it would be about two more weeks for the lab to id the remains found via MSM. Well, it's on the edge of two weeks from the latest news and I'm on pins about it. Isn't that a shame? To be waiting, for a family?

And the reason our labs in the US via states and counties is why? No one wants to do it or be in that profession? Or degree verses pay? Honestly have no idea why our DNA system is so laxed except for lack of funding and no guidence for it to take precidence... Well, I know about 2000 up to 50,000, possible candidates who have the patience to test the DNA...what about you?

rant over...It has to be a hard job. Not sure anyone wants it. Pressure must be horrible to get results asap. Power to the experts. Teach others. jmo

<BBM for Focus>

Yep, Dr. Know, can't imagine what the family, friends, and loved ones are going through. The missing/murdered person's familys actually have a term coined for this wait;

"Body Watch" how do you cope?

COPING WITH LOSS OR MISSING

"Body watch" is it a taboo subject? Almost all families of the missing go through it. I did. And, now I sit this watch with other families of the missing. But why does it seem to be so hush-hush?

Some families I know don't want to know when body watch is taking place and that is their prerogative so we don't hear from them too much. Others very much want to be a part of it and that is also their prerogative yet they don't seem to talk about what they went through on body watch.

Many aspects of what the families of the missing face are rarely discussed in public, but body watch seems to be the least talked about even though it is what is on the minds of all families every time a body or bones are found anywhere.

Body watch to me is Purgatory. How many people have had to search for a loved one, hoping they are alive but knowing they have to search for bones too? Bones are found and then you have to bounce between wanting your answer and not wanting your answer all in the same breath...Purgatory...
<sniped - read more@> http://peace4missing.ning.com/forum/topics/body-watch-how-do-you-cope

Lab facilities are expensive to set up and maintain, as well.

so,
Kidnapping - taking her away from PTL
then,
Murder @ PTL in the MICKEY Camper?
and the pink robe?
they make her shower to remove their DNA and then kill her with a gunshot.

JMO, MOO

2 great posts motherof5 & lstiff! lstiff I read your post before it was snipped and I remember reading about the money thing. I'm not sure where but I do believe TM made a big deal about HE wanting money. Anyway, when you tie that together with what motherof5 posted that makes a lot of sense. It sounds exactly like a story that TM would throw out there. Wasn't there a tweet by HE about wishing she had money to go to some destination (can't remember the location but it was out of the US). I'm sure TM was using all of HE's social media to come up with what she thinks is a plausible story of what happened to HE.

Thailand I think? I don't have the links to the tweet by Heather or the MSM article but think that was 1 of the 1st quotes TM gave when asked if they knew where HE was at. JMO I have a feeling answers are close, no reason just my gut. I hope & pray it's correct.

I think it takes so long because there are so many types of tests, and some of the labs are used not only for crime forensics, but paternity tests, identification of mass disaster victims, determining if biological matter is human (rather than dog or bear or what have you), identify bacteria and virus', diagnose diseases, and studying ancestry and cancer genetics. I would have to guess that if you need machine X for a crime forensic DNA test, and it is being used for something else at the time, that crime forensic DNA test has to wait in line until the machine is free. Plus, there are so many more cases that are requesting DNA tests (because it is now far more accurate than it used to be), the line is long. Frustrating, but science does that to us sometimes.

It's a money thing with the labs- if it's a hospital or pharmaceutical plant that needs more staff or instruments to get products or results out that = making money, then the resources are invested in- not the case with state labs.

Yeah, and people don't want their taxes raised to pay for it.

Just saw a report where the labs came back as inconclusive. http://m.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_5dfdaea6-2a12-11e4-93d5-0017a43b2370.html?mode=jqm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are three different results that can be produced from DNA testing. Inclusion is when the results show that the DNA profile of the tested person is consistent with the DNA profile it is being tested against, such as in a criminal case or a paternity case. The second result is exclusion, when the person is ruled out as a match. The third result is inconclusive meaning the person could not be included or excluded in the match

Read more : http://www.ehow.com/info_8777972_reasons-inconclusive-dna.html

This is interesting, they are not ruling out that it could be her, right? I'm more inclined to think it's her, otherwise they would have ruled Heather out and the remains are still unidentified. Am I wrong in thinking this?

I don't think you're wrong.

See what I posted above your post about 'inconclusive'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members