Heath Ledger has been found dead

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will Jilly......I thought the plane would have been here long ago.

I'm glad it's been kept respectfully quiet..the poor guy needs to be able to rest in peace now and his family to mourn. If I was his family I would also make the autopsy results private. That is nobodys business.

I watched the SAG Awards too! I've never watched before but I thought tonight they were going to have a bit more of a tribute for Heath. Anyways, it was very kind of Daniel to commend Heath and dedicate his SAG Award to him. I know he was being very genuine - I saw him on Oprah last week and Heath's death has really affected him.

I missed his speach on the Sag awards.I did catch what he said on Oprah and I thought he was very genuine.My Respect for Daniel went up a notch that is for sure.Said he didn't feel right talking about the sag award ect without first talking about Heath ( or something to that effect)I thought it was very sweet.Brought tears to my eyes.You could tell he was visably shaken.

Oh, that was so sweet of Daniel Day-Lewis to acknowledge Heath in his SAG speech. He seems genuinely upset, not like Revolta's "Look at me, I'm saying something nice" little speech from a bit ago.

I love Daniel Day-Lewis. I didn't see his wife, Rebecca Miller, there. Was she? She's playwright Arthur Miller's daughter.

I love Daniel Day-Lewis. I didn't see his wife, Rebecca Miller, there. Was she? She's playwright Arthur Miller's daughter.

It was kind of hard for me to notice anyone else at the table when Brad & Angelina were at the same one!:crazy:

I missed his speach on the Sag awards.I did catch what he said on Oprah and I thought he was very genuine.My Respect for Daniel went up a notch that is for sure.Said he didn't feel right talking about the sag award ect without first talking about Heath ( or something to that effect)I thought it was very sweet.Brought tears to my eyes.You could tell he was visably shaken.

Me too!

I was completely devastated about this! He was an amazing actor and I hate to see anyone young pass....it makes me think how quickly things could end for me I mean alot of my friends are anywhere from 24-30...so it really makes me feel sad! He will be terribly missed hoever he will live on through Matilda and hopefully Michelle Williams will help her to remember her daddy as a great guy! RIP Heath!

It was kind of hard for me to notice anyone else at the table when Brad & Angelina were at the same one!:crazy:
That dress she had on was HORRIBLE! They do have pretty dresses for pregnant women she could have chosen instead of that wrinkled tie-dyed sack she had on. I think she looks great with a little meat on her and her hair was BEAUTIFUL. I think the dress and its color did a disservice to her. :eek:

hopefully Michelle Williams will help her to remember her daddy as a great guy! RIP Heath!

I don't think there's any worry about Matty forgetting her daddy. He and Michelle NEVER talked down to/about each other via media even in the midst of their break up. I think between, Michelle, Heath's family, Her godparents (Busy and Jake G) not to mention all of heath's fans and movies, she'll have wonderful stories told to her about her daddy. I really, really, believe they will all do whatever is possible to make sure his memory is kept alive not only through her but for her. He won't be another candle in the wind. He'll be her eternal flame that lights the way through life for her.

I don't think there's any worry about Matty forgetting her daddy. He and Michelle NEVER talked down to/about each other via media even in the midst of their break up. I think between, Michelle, Heath's family, Her godparents (Busy and Jake G) not to mention all of heath's fans and movies, she'll have wonderful stories told to her about her daddy. I really, really, believe they will all do whatever is possible to make sure his memory is kept alive not only through her but for her. He won't be another candle in the wind. He'll be her eternal flame that lights the way through life for her.

:clap: Beautifully said JinxieJada :blowkiss:

I've read a lot of comments on the web expressing anger that people would sully Heath Ledger's name and reputation by speculating that drug use (either current or former) played a part in his untimely death.

It saddens me to follow this mode of thought to its logical conclusion - that drug addiction is shameful and that he would somehow be a "lesser" man if he struggled with drug addiction.

If Heath died because his heart just stopped beating for no "good" reason or if he died as a result of a drug overdose - what does it matter in terms of the person he seemed to be? I'm doubting he was perfect because I assume none of us are, but - by all accounts - he was a talented artist, a kind and positive spirit, a loving father. Are these things somehow shadowed or weakened if he lost a battle with a demon?

Many drug addicts leave positive legacies. Many drug addicts leave negative ones. Addiction, like most other conditions of this world, is not a black and white proposition. A drug addict is never just a drug addict - but a vastly more complex collection of identities.

Will we love Heath more if it turns out drugs were not involved? Will we love him less if they are? Will we recreate our own thoughts about him ("What a loser - he loved dope more than staying alive for his baby girl!" or "See - he didn't do anything wrong - it was just a tragic confluence of events - he's not to blame!") based on what's found in the tox screen.

I know that how (drugs or not!!!) he died matters to a lot of people. I hate that it might persuade our thoughts as to what sort of person he truly was. Will we be gentle with his memory, regardless of what we find out? Will we recall our individual struggles with our own demons and have compassion?

I do not know if Heath ever put a single drug into his body. I just find it interesting that some people perceive such speculation "off limits" and denigrating to Heath and his family.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: South....you are wise beyond your years mate:blowkiss: .......no matter how he,d died he was a decent human being who accomplished a lot in his short career....he had no major scandals surrounding him and seemed to lead a quite life when not preforming....we all have our demons and if its found that Heath could not handle his any longer then that is that..sad as it may be.

.......no matter how he died he was a decent human being who accomplished a lot in his short career....

This is the crux of it for me, dingo. I think he was a good egg. I care about how he died, but I also don't care about how he died, ya know?

I've read a lot of comments on the web expressing anger that people would sully Heath Ledger's name and reputation by speculating that drug use (either current or former) played a part in his untimely death.

It saddens me to follow this mode of thought to its logical conclusion - that drug addiction is shameful and that he would somehow be a "lesser" man if he struggled with drug addiction.

If Heath died because his heart just stopped beating for no "good" reason or if he died as a result of a drug overdose - what does it matter in terms of the person he seemed to be? I'm doubting he was perfect because I assume none of us are, but - by all accounts - he was a talented artist, a kind and positive spirit, a loving father. Are these things somehow shadowed or weakened if he lost a battle with a demon?

Many drug addicts leave positive legacies. Many drug addicts leave negative ones. Addiction, like most other conditions of this world, is not a black and white proposition. A drug addict is never just a drug addict - but a vastly more complex collection of identities.

Will we love Heath more if it turns out drugs were not involved? Will we love him less if they are? Will we recreate our own thoughts about him ("What a loser - he loved dope more than staying alive for his baby girl!" or "See - he didn't do anything wrong - it was just a tragic confluence of events - he's not to blame!") based on what's found in the tox screen.

I know that how (drugs or not!!!) he died matters to a lot of people. I hate that it might persuade our thoughts as to what sort of person he truly was. Will we be gentle with his memory, regardless of what we find out? Will we recall our individual struggles with our own demons and have compassion?

I do not know if Heath ever put a single drug into his body. I just find it interesting that some people perceive such speculation "off limits" and denigrating to Heath and his family.

If he OD'ed, I will still have compassion for his family and his child. But for him, not so much. It's like he put a gun to his head and pulled the trigger - IF it was drugs. If you can't get clean for your kid's, what better reason will you ever have?? He had already lost the love of his life to/for the drugs, was apparently going to lose any chance at even shared custody, and ultimately lost his life, perhaps by his own choosing. Sad, but most sad for the one's whom loved him so much.

This is the crux of it for me, dingo. I think he was a good egg. I care about how he died, but I also don't care about how he died, ya know?
I should have used the word life instead of career....he was much more than just an actor to his family and friends.
I know exactly what you mean South:blowkiss:

If he OD'ed, I will still have compassion for his family and his child. But for him, not so much. It's like he put a gun to his head and pulled the trigger - IF it was drugs. If you can't get clean for your kid's, what better reason will you ever have?? He had already lost the love of his life to/for the drugs, was apparently going to lose any chance at even shared custody, and ultimately lost his life, perhaps by his own choosing. Sad, but most sad for the one's whom loved him so much.
I've never been able to get clean for my kids. In fact, my kids often make me want to use drugs!!:crazy: Ultimately, people only stay clean for one person - themselves.

Yes - I do think most people will, like you, not be able to fully empathize with his struggle if it turns out that drugs were involved. I dislike this reality, but I do recognize that most people who don't struggle with drug addiction have no basis to understand what that struggle may be like.

Well; with me it's just pure curiosity; because I just like to know what happens and why - that's why I'm on WS.

I will think Heath was a great actor regardless of how he died. I will not think less of him at all if it was drugs, because just about everyone has problems at one time or another - even successful folks and those who seem to have everything.

Since I didn't know him personally, I can only deduce from what others who knew him have said that he was a special, kind and stand-up guy.

I think lessons can always be learned, especially if it turns out he was mixing certain drugs. Perhaps lives can be saved in the future, even though we may never know how many.

RIP Heath Ledger; peace and comfort to his family.

Theres no new news here of Heath......theres been no reports of the arrival of his body in Perth or of any funeral arrangments or memorial services for him.......hopefully Heath has already been laid to rest privately in the company of his loved ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz