Heather's Social Media

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Any idea if Heather's social media can be used at trial? I'm thinking since Heather isn't here to confirm, deny, or explain what she was thinking, why she posted something or to defend herself then it may not be admissable...any verified attorneys on here?

Any idea if Heather's social media can be used at trial? I'm thinking since Heather isn't here to confirm, deny, or explain what she was thinking, why she posted something or to defend herself then it may not be admissable...any verified attorneys on here?

Yes, her social media can be used.

This case is a classic example of how social media can be a double edged sword. I personally think that all 3 people's social media will be used against them once everything with the murder trial is said and done.

I am wondering if TM decided that Heather was "stalking" SM from posts like the one when Heather told a friend she would be eating at TK because she knew he would be there...and if maybe there were other such posts, later deleted, as TM referred to? Just trying to think what the defense might try, for example. Not saying anything would justify murder but we have all heard some pretty astonishing things from defense lawyers, Imo.

I am wondering if TM decided that Heather was "stalking" SM from posts like the one when Heather told a friend she would be eating at TK because she knew he would be there...and if maybe there were other such posts, later deleted, as TM referred to? Just trying to think what the defense might try, for example. Not saying anything would justify murder but we have all heard some pretty astonishing things from defense lawyers, Imo.

We also don't know what SM may have told TM about Heather. Maybe he told her things that may or may not be true to keep himself out of trouble.

We also don't know what SM may have told TM about Heather. Maybe he told her things that may or may not be true to keep himself out of trouble.

True...was thinking about TM making reference to deleted posts by Heather...things that may have sent TM even more over the edge, if defense tried to go for something cra like "defense of the family unit" etc...

I just found a photo that was posted by a friend of Heather at 10:58 p.m. on the 17th. Heather liked this photo.

I can't link to it because it is not her account, but you can find it by going to FB and putting photos liked by Heather Elvis in the FB search bar.

I am not much of a FB user--does anyone know what order "likes" appear on FB or are they random?

My goodness she was tiny, I knew she was small but that picture shows you just how little she was. Poor girl, didn't stand a chance fighting anyone off. :(

I don`t know if I am allowed to post this or not, but, on H facebook page it says she was in a relationship with BW as of Dec. 6th. Is that saying what I am thinking? Could that be motive along with other things going on for the kidnapping and murder of H?

I don`t know if I am allowed to post this or not, but, on H facebook page it says she was in a relationship with BW as of Dec. 6th. Is that saying what I am thinking? Could that be motive along with other things going on for the kidnapping and murder of H?

No, it was a joke between her and BW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=4865815543692&set=a.2325102587456.84840.1846395548&type=1&theater

Not sure if this is allowed but someone on the evidence thread mentioned HE battery might have gone dead the night she went missing. This appears to be a screenshot (assuming on my part it was HER screenshot) and it's possible that like most females, her phone would need to be charged after a night out with friend(s). Also, what are those icons? 1 appears to be weather. Did she in fact have an android phone?

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=4865815543692&set=a.2325102587456.84840.1846395548&type=1&theater

Not sure if this is allowed but someone on the evidence thread mentioned HE battery might have gone dead the night she went missing. This appears to be a screenshot (assuming on my part it was HER screenshot) and it's possible that like most females, her phone would need to be charged after a night out with friend(s). Also, what are those icons? 1 appears to be weather. Did she in fact have an android phone?

It does look like an android. One of those icons is for a voice mail. The one with the exclamation point could be a failed attempt to sign in. I get something like that, I think, if my phone stops being able to sign into yahoo mail or something. One of them is the phone on vibrate. The hand might be the feature where you can just wave/hover your hand over the screen/controls to make it work (I've never been able to get this feature to work right). I don't know what the others are, though.....

The one is when your storage is about to capacity. (Circle with !)

I also just noticed the triangle with ! is for "access requested." For some reason, whenever I take a photo or open up my photo gallery, my phone wants to connect to google drive to store the photos there and I'm prompted to sign in (which I don't do b/c I don't need my pics to be there). I'm not tech savvy so I'm sure there's a way to disable it :). I think that little thingy is probably an alert for many things.

No, it was a joke between her and BW.

Pretty girls often receive sexual messages from male complete strangers on Facebook, so they sometimes will add a friend as their significant other to head off that kind of contact. They also just do it for fun... Really not anything noteworthy. :)

Pretty girls often receive sexual messages from male complete strangers on Facebook, so they sometimes will add a friend as their significant other to head off that kind of contact. They also just do it for fun... Really not anything noteworthy. :)

Exactly what I was saying.

RSBM: I'm glad you said this because I felt the same way. Yes, some anonymous people said some crappy things. I think that's always gonna be the case when you have teens/young adults who can be anonymous. I think Heather handled it all amazingly well, and, as you said, she stayed on, responding, and I think if she felt bullied she would have just stayed away. I work with teenagers and the comments on there were not unusual, and, in fact, were quite tame, compared to what I hear on a daily basis. Also, I'm fairly certain some stuff is in jest- the way young friends talk to one another these days, you don't know if they like or hate each other some times. JMO.

I used SpringMe or whatever. People said really mean things on it...a lot of similar things that were said to HE. I couldn't lose face by just ignoring it and never responding. You don't necessarily feel like that's an option. You blow it off like you're laughing at it, but it cuts deeper than you let on. I'm sure to some extent she enjoyed the attention, but I think she did feel a little bullied, especially when it came to her sex life. When haters aren't shut down, they think they must be right about what they're saying. Social media makes high school different now. I'm sure it's gotten worse in the few years I've been out of school.

Side note - Did anyone else notice one of the looooong questions (it was actually a long paragraph over multiple entries) referenced not caring if HE died in the worst way possible?How horrible. I know they were teenagers, but I wonder how that horrid girl feels now that it actually happened. Probably feels petty now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RABay1735
Back