TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How very convenient for Daddy to be out of town. How could he have been so unsuspecting. And at least we know now that she wasn't breastfeeding entirely. The baby formula was recently delivered.
Someone else on the thread proposed that maybe she was getting desperate because Margo was growing larger, and that the window of opportunity was narrowing as to being able to snatch her (because apparently HB's Mom had been there for a couple of weeks to help out, IIRC). Anyway, maybe pressure was doubled as a result of MF needing to produce the baby while SO was regularly out of town on some worksite.

Someone else on the thread proposed that maybe she was getting desperate because Margo was growing larger, and that the window of opportunity was narrowing as to being able to snatch her (because apparently HB's Mom had been there for a couple of weeks to help out, IIRC). Anyway, maybe pressure was doubled as a result of MF needing to produce the baby while SO was regularly out of town on some worksite.

Yes, she needed to produce a newborn baby quickly...because anyone that sees a say 3 month-old-baby would say, that's NOT a newborn...

It was convenient for MF, certainly. But can we all pause and consider for a moment we actually know NOTHING about their relationship? Maybe he’s a young businessman who is often out of town and only had sex with her once or twice, some conflict or behavior occurred but he couldn’t bring himself to evict a woman pregnant with his child, and was looking to coparent separately (or even sue for custody) as an exclusive outcome once the child was born. MAYBE. Most of the time in cases like this, the would-be father IS NOT AWARE. I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt until LE says otherwise.

Same, I am also giving him the BOTD, he was believing what MF was telling him, maybe showing him Heidi's ultrasound photos, passing them off as her own, cutting off Heidi's name at the top of the ultrasound photos..

I don't believe there was a real 'relationship' with the faux baby daddy, so there would not be daily, her belly is growing, I go with her to appointments if it was a one night thing..

OR...to take this further....MF drugs him one night at his home she is not paying him to rent and she tells him they had sex, when they did not...enter faux baby...this way MF gets to live maybe rent free forever, and have a guy paying her child support...until he of course asks for a paternity test and its proves NEITHER is related to this child..

I have been on his site and watched way too much Lifetime for Women...

Same, I am also giving him the BOTD, he was believing what MF was telling him, maybe showing him Heidi's ultrasound photos, passing them off as her own, cutting off Heidi's name at the top of the ultrasound photos..

I don't believe there was a real 'relationship' with the faux baby daddy, so there would not be daily, her belly is growing, I go with her to appointments if it was a one night thing..

OR...to take this further....MF drugs him one night at his home she is not paying him to rent and she tells him they had sex, when they did not...enter faux baby...this way MF gets to live maybe rent free forever, and have a guy paying her child support...until he of course asks for a paternity test and its proves NEITHER is related to this child..

I agree with all of this. I said earlier, perhaps they partied, had drinks & wound up in bed. Who knows if they had sex. If he was intoxicated she might have convinced him they did. We know she’s a prolific liar. Perhaps he told her to stay in the guest suite and after the baby arrives “we can figure things out.” Since he didn’t tell his mom, I’m thinking he had his doubts. Moo

RBBM.

This exact scenario went through my head too. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what happened unfortunately. All just MOO.

It was convenient for MF, certainly. But can we all pause and consider for a moment we actually know NOTHING about their relationship? Maybe he’s a young businessman who is often out of town and only had sex with her once or twice, some conflict or behavior occurred but he couldn’t bring himself to evict a woman pregnant with his child, and was looking to coparent separately (or even sue for custody) as an exclusive outcome once the child was born. MAYBE. Most of the time in cases like this, the would-be father IS NOT AWARE. I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt until LE says otherwise.
So true and like a lot of guys, he must have left the "baby stuff" up to MF especially since he was unsure of the nature of his relationship with MF and their future together..He probably kept his distance, of course most of the time and didn't want to rock the boat with his baby's mother. They may have gotten "together" on occasion since she was desperate for him, he obviously did not feel the same since his Mother thinks he is her landlord. She really wanted the baby with CG and move this relationship along to a committed status and maybe finally to be accepted by his family. Her self esteem sure did take a beating.. Not making excuses for this murderous traitor of a friend, but trying to figure out her mentality to do this horrible act. An act in which there were high odds that she would be caught. The planning and execution was completely insane IMHO.

Last edited:
Here are a two articles that quote SC re the keys, and a third link to his first Fox interview. MOO

Austin police searching for missing mother and newborn, boyfriend speaks out
“It’s just the only thing gone is [Broussard] the baby, her keys and her cellphone, which has been off since I tried to call her at 1:40,” Carey said.

‘No way she would leave on her own’: 1 week later, search continues for missing south Austin mom, baby
Carey said, continuing, “It’s only her and the baby and the cell phone and the keys that are gone, and that’s it.”

At the 5:47 mark in the video here Boyfriend of missing Austin woman, baby speaks out, he goes through the list of things in the apartment, in the car, and what is missing.
Thanks @PommyMommy -- my list is done!

Police didn't send CPS -- welfare check was by Cy-Fair VFD/EMS.
That makes more sense. I wonder who called Cy-Fair VFD/EMS. Maybe MF,or CG. was Margo refusing bottle feeding, thusly becoming sickly, So They were called, to help with 'their' baby. Or maybe one of their friends,family who MF was calling,and heard screaming baby in the background.
MOO

If this goes to trial, I think we will hear way too much about MF’s childhood and reasons she ultimately ended up as a murdering kidnapper. Moo

She has damaged so many people, literally an endless list of people this affects. (Bet her ex wishes she’d revert to her maiden name)
Moo
Defense teams usually go this route at trials to gain sympathy. JMO

you know, you’re absolutely right and I’m embarrassed that didn’t occur to me sooner. If they partied together even once MF is clearly manipulative and skilled enough to convince him they had sex and MF got pregnant - and if he wasn’t the partying type, a roofie is all it would take to upend his whole life. And he’d probably be too ashamed/embarrassed/confused to go confiding his doubts to anyone. Plus we know MF is GREAT at latching onto and deceiving empaths - maybe he was a sweet & sensitive guy MF saw as an easy target. What a wake of destruction.

Do you think family would bail her out based on the despicable crimes she is accused of?? I don't know that I could. But thank goodness I don't have to make that decision.
And who knows what her history is with her Family. It doesn't appear that they helped with her day to day expenses. I'm sure there is a history of making Family's lives "unpleasant" IMO

Do we know if CG was even living in the house recently?

Local news reporters on the scene have broadcast video clips from the neighbors in their cars, sidewalk, etc. and by all appearances, MF and CG were living together in his house at newsbreak.

Also, the clips aren't archived so snooze and you lose. There's also been a few tweets by MSM reporters.

I was grateful that someone finally said something about all the bashing of MF appearance. I typically don’t post, so I didn’t feel good about throwing my two cents in until now... so thank you.

You never REALLY know what might be going on with a person. My looks changed drastically enough that I don’t often leave the house because I am so self conscious. Most from poor choices I made after getting narcotics from the doctor and then getting addicted to them (I lost most of my teeth as a result). I had two children very close together, my dad who was married to my mom for 30+ years told us he was gay and then my mom was diagnosed with cancer and moved in with my family to die. Then two years ago I was diagnosed with Guillain-Barré syndrome and gained a lot of weight when I was unable to walk. This isn’t a boohoo post, I know that we ALL go through a lot. I’m also not at all defending the abhorrent actions of MF, but it IS important to be reminded that we should all be a little more kind to one another and especially the way one perceives outer beauty. We all have something. ❤️

I was grateful that someone finally said something about all the bashing of MF appearance. I typically don’t post, so I didn’t feel good about throwing my two cents in until now... so thank you.

You never REALLY know what might be going on with a person. My looks changed drastically enough that I don’t often leave the house because I am so self conscious. Most from poor choices I made after getting narcotics from the doctor and then getting addicted to them (I lost most of my teeth as a result). I had two children very close together, my dad who was married to my mom for 30+ years told us he was gay and then my mom was diagnosed with cancer and moved in with my family to die. Then two years ago I was diagnosed with Guillain-Barré syndrome and gained a lot of weight when I was unable to walk. This isn’t a boohoo post, I know that we ALL go through a lot. I’m also not at all defending the abhorrent actions of MF, but it IS important to be reminded that we should all be a little more kind to one another and especially the way one perceives outer beauty. We all have something. ❤️
Wonderful reminder. So sorry you have had a rough road.

Per Heidi’s friend from Cracker Barrel, MF said she was pregnant in May 2019, at the time Heidi first said she was.
I doubt MF was able to immediately plan a faux pregnancy at that moment. Therefore, I think she’d been considering a baby snatch scheme for quite some time. Heidi’s pregnancy just happened (maybe) to coincide? Just a guess. But if MF was at dinner with Heidi & two other gals when Heidi shared her news, it is inconceivable that MF devised her plan at that time. Unless it was just a lie (as we know) and she followed thru with it for the next six months, living her lie. Moo

I think she had/has a lot going on with her physical/mental health. Living a faux pregnancy, deceiving every person in her life & planning a murder/kidnapping must have caused tremendous anxiety. Possibly she was under treatment for a medical issue. As the days passed with her impending due date nearing, her stress would only compound, imo.

I think also the stress of a natrally thin person having to eat eat eat to gain weight.

Per Heidi’s friend from Cracker Barrel, MF said she was pregnant in May 2019, at the time Heidi first said she was.
I doubt MF was able to immediately plan a faux pregnancy at that moment. Therefore, I think she’d been considering a baby snatch scheme for quite some time. Heidi’s pregnancy just happened (maybe) to coincide? Just a guess. But if MF was at dinner with Heidi & two other gals when Heidi shared her news, it is inconceivable that MF devised her plan at that time. Unless it was just a lie (as we know) and she followed thru with it for the next six months, living her lie. Moo
With her SO, I wouldn't be surprised if she "discovered" she was pregnant pretty late in the game. That really does happen with women with irregular periods in the first place, IIRC, which could have been her excuse to him. That would have cut the "pregnant" time period down a few months. She may have only lived the lie for such a long time with HB and her other friends over the telephone and a relatively short time with him. Especially if he worked away from home for extensive periods of time. (No I am not sleuthing him, just concocting possible scenarios where she would have a lot of alone time not necessarily having to look preggers.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member