TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MF has not even been named as a suspect in HB's death, much less charged with murder. I know murder charges will be filed in whichever county the actual muder took place - maybe that is what detectives are trying to determine.

I've seen members her say the body was transferred to the trunk, and another claim she was murdered in the trumk, there were no police sources cited for either statement.

So,at this point we only know that MF has been charged with kidnapping and tampering with a corpse.

Why haven't they named her as a suspect in Hedi's murder?

So, if Austin charged her with murder, and it came out in trial that the murder did not take place in Austin, so they had no jurisdiction to charge it.....

Could she then be re-charged with murder in Houston?

Could that be why they are waiting? To make sure the allegations will hold up in court?

Has anything been said about where Heidi's baby was while she was inside the school? Of couse someone could be holding her in the school or watching Margo in the car, just curious if it's been addressed. IMG_20191224_152723.png

It was in the podcast with Heidi's friend as the case was breaking and LE was raiding MF's house. CN said, “This is Heidi telling me this, that MF and her boyfriend were on the rocks, but then MF told me the other day, and she kind of chuckled after, was well you know, I should be having a custody battle here in the next two months or so.”
I forget when that was mentioned too. Thx!

So, if Austin charged her with murder, and it came out in trial that the murder did not take place in Austin, so they had no jurisdiction to charge it.....

Could that be why they are waiting? To make sure the allegations will hold up in court?
I could be wrong but I think it's the State of Texas that will charge her as in the "State of Texas vs Megan Fieramusca."

Murder is a state charge not a local one. JMO

It said more charges are expected in the coming days. Not sure if that means more arrests.

I just listened to full interview with Mike, Shane's buddy, and he said Shane told him that the video showed Heidi in the back of the car and that another person may have been in there. Not sure how accurate that is since we haven't seen the video.
She may have sat in the back of the car to be next to the baby. Not sure that means a third adult was in the car.

MF has not even been named as a suspect in HB's death, much less charged with murder. I know murder charges will be filed in whichever county the actual muder took place - maybe that is what detectives are trying to determine.

I've seen members her say the body was transferred to the trunk, and another claim she was murdered in the trumk, there were no police sources cited for either statement.

So,at this point we only know that MF has been charged with kidnapping and abuse of a corpse.

Why haven't they named her as a suspect in Hedi's murder?

I think you answered your own question. They don't know where Heidi was killed and that would matter for jurisdiction. If that's never found out, I'm not sure how they would proceed but they will based upon circumstantial evidence and they'll get a conviction on capital murder, imo. Hopefully our member lawyers will comment on this.
@riolove77 @gitana1

There's also the matter of the ligature/murder weapon. Plus we know they were searching for something between Austin and Houston, though no idea what it was. Any items that might be recovered would be tested for DNA, I assume.

I don't know but as RANCH said, it's a state offense and *I think* jurisdiction is mostly about who investigates a crime and which prosecutor's office & court handles the case. Surely there have been lots of murders where it was never determined where a victim was killed but that didn't stop the prosecution of the perp.

Talking about the spelling, not who she is named after. Heidi appeared to spell it Margo while Shane has it Margot.
Got me thinking. With my littlest grandchild some of us call her different things. Her sister shortens it, and leaves out the R. I lengthen it by adding a Y.
Now I'm curious. It might actually be Margot, but Mommy might have shortened it at times.
?

Got me thinking. With my littlest grandchild some of us call her different things. Her sister shortens it, and leaves out the R. I lengthen it by adding a Y.
Now I'm curious. It might actually be Margot, but Mommy might have shortened it at times.
?

You certainly could be right!

I don't know but as RANCH said, it's a state offense and *I think* jurisdiction is mostly about who investigates a crime and which prosecutor's office & court handles the case. Surely there have been lots of murders where it was never determined where a victim was killed but that didn't stop the prosecution of the perp.
MF may have committed crimes in more than one jurisdiction. In California the Golden State Killer murdered people in multiple counties.

He will be tried in Sacramento for all of them. They will not have separate trials for each jurisdiction.

Golden State Killer suspect Joseph DeAngelo will be tried jointly in Sacramento County on 13 counts of murder and 13 counts of kidnapping with robbery, six district attorneys from across the state announced Tuesday.

Updated: Golden State Killer case to be tried in Sacramento

Last edited:
?

I'm guessing another poster was right in that, perhaps, Heidi put her own spin on the name of Shane's grandmother who, probably, had the traditional spelling with the "t" or that it was just auto correct as someone else mentioned.

MF may have committed crimes in more than one jurisdiction. In California the Golden State Killer murdered people in multiply counties.

He will be tried in Sacramento for all of them. They will not have separate trials for each jurisdiction.

Updated: Golden State Killer case to be tried in Sacramento

That makes sense. The capital city. Austin is also the capital of TX, right?

I never heard about this Golden State Killer so will read about that.

My God, there are so many murders that are not "garden variety".

dbm somebody already said it :)

What happened to the 'cancel' option when we change out minds and don't want to post what we began to write?

Has anything been said about where Heidi's baby was while she was inside the school? Of couse someone could be holding her in the school or watching Margo in the car, just curious if it's been addressed. View attachment 222115

Not that I've seen, but now that I've seen this photo a million times and the joyful look on her face, maybe the carrier is on the ground and she's letting a teacher or staff member hold Margo(t) and ooh and aah over her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Justicefornicky