TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they'll wait until at least the DNA results are in. The prosecutor has to be very careful and weigh all the law before bringing a charge (measure twice, shoot once). Even more so when coupled with kidnapping, because of something called 'the merger doctrine,' which means that the kidnapping must be separate from the murder.
Otherwise the murder could be portrayed as an accidental result of the kidnapping? Something like that?

I have witnessed first hand what too high a dose of Prednisone can do. My brother has Crohns and after diagnosis given a massive dose. He was fine one minute, the next he was firing potatoes at me. I don't think it applies in this case from what I witnessed. My Brother would not have been capable of driving a car much less committing a crime. Killer def. has weight gain which is a side effect but I'm not sure I see the "moon face". IMO

Sorry I can't keep up at all with this thread. Not sure if discussed at all, but wanted to say... regarding the amazon baby gift registry of MF and CG - to me, those things are def 'boy'.. which leads me to wonder - is it possible that MF may have actually *been* pregnant and possibly for long enough for the u/s techs to know it was a 'boy', and at some point along the way, MF lost the baby? If she had miscarried, perhaps even later in her pregnancy, it could've effed up her head?

I'm thinking that IF she had planned this well ahead of time, her baby registry would've included baby girl stuff... even if not pink. So much exciting and pretty stuff for baby girls, frills and dresses and hair bands, etc. Surely Heidi would've known months ago, as do most parents-to-be nowadays, that her new baby was going to be a girl, and she would've shared that news with her 'bestie'. Or did she have someone else's baby boy in mind for this plan? Just a thought.

Also, really curious why she has not yet been charged with murder?
It is very much possible that she has been pregnant in the past.

I'm thinking that IF she had planned this well ahead of time, her baby registry would've included baby girl stuff... even if not pink. So much exciting and pretty stuff for baby girls, frills and dresses and hair bands, etc. Surely Heidi would've known months ago, as do most parents-to-be nowadays, that her new baby was going to be a girl, and she would've shared that news with her 'bestie'. Or did she have someone else's baby boy in mind for this plan? Just a thought.

Maybe the boy clothes were purposeful to disguise baby Margo. I wonder what color clothes Margo was wearing when they found her in the swing?
"Luna Mae" doesn't really sound like a boy name. It would be way smarter to say "I had a baby boy" and dress Margo with "boy" clothes. But no, she said she had a girl and called her Luna Mae even though her registries were full of boy stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if she has been pregnant and lost the baby.

And I think it's a valid question, if she did have help, as to how that person or persons would benefit from such an evil act, and a very risky one at that. It's always shocking when there are "partners in crime" and as I said earlier, the list of benefits gets skinny after money, sex or just mutual depravity.

I hope there's some resolution with little Margo soon. She needs stability.

Unless MF had cash, drugs or an item of high value, I see no benefit for any other person to be involved. Since MF had a “plan”, and caught HB completely off guard, I don’t think it was difficult for MF to get control of the situation/Heidi. Moo

Sam Brock on Twitter
Last night, a small group of close friends held a private memorial for #HeidiBroussard. In a few hours, many more will come out to honor the mother of two in a vigil in South Austin- as her death remains shrouded in mystery. @TODAYshow @NBCNews
EMeLn8EX0AUS-i0.jpg
EMeLn8FWoAAEcUY.jpg

6:29 AM - 23 Dec 2019 from Garrison Park

I'm concerned for Margo's welfare of course, but I feel more concern for the 6 or 7 yr. old son. The baby is too young to know what's going on or what Christmas means. The son lost his mother and his life was uprooted right before Christmas. I haven't had time to read all posts, but I hope he's with grandparents or other family members and not a state agency.

DEC 23, 2019
Friend of Heidi Broussard, Austin mom found strangled, is arrested for kidnapping
[…]

VM, who worked at Cracker Barrel with Broussard, said, "I knew how much she adored her family, so that has been the toughest of it all."

VM said Broussard made everyone who walked into the restaurant feel like family. "It's going to be a very big void on behalf of all of her coworkers and the community because she was there for so long and I think that it'll be a while before everybody heals and continues on," she said.

A funeral for Heidi Broussard will be held in Louisiana, but we don't know what day that will take place. Baby Margot is currently staying with Texas Child Protective Services as police continue their investigation.

How can they charge kidnapping until they know for sure the baby is not hers?
Regardless of the DNA results, it's been reported that Heidi and Margo were last seen getting into MF's vehicle, and baby MC has not been otherwise located since. FWIW, I have next-to-zero doubt that the baby found in the swing IS baby Margo. We should find out for sure today, apparently.

It's now in MSM about Margo's paternity being questioned and that being why it's taking long for Shane to get her back. The source is The TODAY show. It's towards the end of the video:

New details emerge in case of missing Texas mom found dead

I just listened to this, I am not sure that it's being questioned as much as it's being "confirmed", just like they are waiting to confirm that the baby is definitely Heidi's baby. If they already knew that she is 100% Heidi's little Margo, I believe her parents would at have custody already. JMO

How can they charge kidnapping until they know for sure the baby is not hers?

Because even if the baby was not Margo, they know Margo is/was missing and they have found her mother deceased, so where is the baby? They were kidnapped together. I don't believe for a second that the baby isn't Margo though. JMO

That didn't make a ton of sense to me, either, but I suspect it has to do with exactly what murder charge they're aiming for. For first degree* murder, it must be intentional and premeditated. I think premeditation is in the bag, but they may want the DNA results to show intent. The murderer's intent doesn't necessarily have to be focused on the victim (i.e., you could plan to kill someone else other than the victim and kill someone you never intended to and it still counts as intent).

Texas's felony murder rule (Texas Penal Code § 19.02(b)(3)) states that a person commits murder if he: "commits or attempts to commit a felony, other than manslaughter, and in the course of and in furtherance of the commission or attempt, or in immediate flight from the commission or attempt, he commits or attempts to commit an act clearly dangerous to human life that causes the death of an individual."

Kidnapping is a felony. If Margo is not "Luna" and we know Heidi was murdered, that is sufficient.

Edited to add: Texas doesn't technically degree their murder, except to the extent that what is considered "first degree murder" elsewhere is just murder or capital murder there because it carries a capital sentence. The elements, however, are technically the same as other jurisdictions with 1st degree, and the kidnapping still gets us there. Here's an overview.
The "tampering with a corpse" or however it's worded - how exactly, I wonder, does this apply in MF case. Just for the fact it was in her trunk?

My Theory

I have followed this case since it first broke that Heidi Broussard and her newborn baby, Margo, were missing. Given the evidence, I’ve developed a theory on what happened. We will more than likely never understand why Magen did what she did, and there’s no reasonable explanation. I believe that Magen is dealing with some mental health issues or substance abuse problems that were catalysts for what she did. It’s hard to know exactly what happened and there are many questions that I obviously don’t have answers to. Maybe some of you can fill in the blanks.

At approximately 7:50am Heidi Broussard dropped her son, Silas, off at Cowan Elementary in Austin, Texas and proceeded to return home to the Club at Summer Valley apartments off West William Cannon Drive and South First Street. It is presumed that she did not make any stops but she allegedly called her boyfriend Shane at 8am. (There are rumors that she may have stopped at a Starbucks, but it has not been confirmed. If she took West Gate Blvd. to William Canon Drive to return home, there is a Starbucks about halfway in between her home and the school.) This places her back at her apartment at approximately 8:05am – 8:15am.

Once back at the apartment, Heidi takes the diaper bag and baby Margo in her car seat up to their 3rd floor apartment and she lets their dog Zeus out. In the “Jay is 4 Justice” interview Carissa Nolte (Heidi’s good friend) noted that Heidi would routinely just open the front door and let the dog run downstairs to a grassy area that could be seen from her balcony. Zeus is well trained, and he returns to the apartment when she calls him. It is around this time (8:30am) that Carissa claims Heidi received the last text message she’d ever see. Carissa says it was from Magen and it was regarding breastfeeding difficulties. I believe that it is around this time that Magen calls Heidi and “surprises” her by telling her that she is in Austin and nearby with a newborn of her own and wants to see Heidi. She may have asked Heidi to come downstairs to help her or something along those lines. (Magen was probably already in the apartment complex and saw Heidi return home.)

Excitedly, Heidi puts Zeus on the patio because she assumes that Magen will be coming upstairs to hang out for a while, and heads downstairs to meet her, accidentally leaving the door to the apartment open. Heidi is carrying baby Margo in her arms, and she has only her phone and her keys with her. Once downstairs she sees Magen in the backseat on the passenger’s side of the vehicle. A car seat is in the backseat on the driver’s side, and there’s somebody else driving the vehicle. (She may or may not have known this person.) Magen and Heidi exchange greetings and Magen asks Heidi to get in the passenger’s seat to show them where to park. (In apartment complexes such as this many of the parking spots are reserved and visitor parking is sometimes tricky to find.) Heidi agrees to get in the passenger seat holding the baby because she believes that she’s only traveling within the apartment complex, so she isn’t concerned about a car seat for Margo. I don’t believe Heidi would have gotten into the vehicle willingly (which is what was reported by law enforcement) without securing Margo in a car seat and bringing the diaper bag.

At this point I think that Magen has scouted the area with whoever is driving, and they know where they can go in the complex where they more than likely won’t be seen. With Heidi sitting in the passenger’s seat and Magen sitting directly behind her in the backseat, the unthinkable happens. Magen quickly uses a garrote, or something similar, to strangle and murder Heidi right there in the car. Once Heidi is subdued, Margo is moved into the car seat. Magen and her accomplice then immediately leave the apartment complex and go to a predetermined location where they can move Heidi’s body into the trunk of the car. Once the body is moved, they start their journey back to Magen’s home in Houston.

Questions

1) Who was driving the vehicle? It’s being reported that another female has been arrested in connection with the case, and she is being charged with the same crimes as Magen.

<mod snip>

3) From all reports that I’ve seen, it was a black SUV that Heidi willingly got into. Why then was Heidi’s body moved into the trunk of her silver Nissan Versa? Does Chris Green drive a black SUV as neighbors have told the media?

4) Everything about this brazen act seems so well planned and premeditated. Why was their no attempt made by Magen and her accomplice to dispose of Heidi’s remains in the 8 days she was presumably dead?

5) Where was Chris Green (Magen’s boyfriend) during all of this? He has not been charged with anything and he reportedly is the person who called CPS to their home. Did he not question why he wasn’t notified his girlfriend was in labor? Was he not suspicious that Magen showed up with a 2-week-old baby? Chris looks to be biracial, did he not question anything about the baby once he saw her? Did Magen just think that no one would notice the baby’s skin tone?

6) Assuming my theory is correct, how could Chris not question Magen’s vehicle being parked so oddly in the back yard? How did he not detect an odor of decomposition?

7) On the contrary, let’s assume that Heidi WASN’T killed but was kidnapped and held against her will. How could this possibly go unnoticed by Chris?

8) Why has no one been charged with murder?

9) Why did it take Shane so long to call the police? He hadn't been able to reach her for almost 12 hours. He found everything she would have taken with her still in the apartment when he got there around noon. But he waited over 7 hours to call the police.

10) Who is closes enough to Magen to agree to go through with this heinous plan? Who else would benefit from this happening?

This theory sounds solid to me except maybe Magen said I'm in Austin for work or visiting a friend can I stop by to talk...or text I'm in Austin I'll swing by then arrives...I'm in labor please help me I'm downstairs in the parking lot. If she received an urgent text she might have left in a hurry forgetting to bring her purse upstairs and not locking her apt door correctly.

Do we know if Magen claimed to have already given birth or was still pregnant at this time? Who was having trouble breastfeeding Heidi? Or Magen?

Well shame on her if she took any drugs, prescribed or otherwise, while in her delicate condition!

I take prednisone off and on and had no idea about the mania side effects, good info.
Unless it's a life or death situation, I will NEVER take prednisone again. I felt crazed, and STARVING, 24/7 while taking it after sugery destroyed my hearing nerve. My dog was also prescribed prednisolone to treat a horrid ear infection a few years ago, and he had a similar reaction ~ he even bit me when I tried to take away a pound of butter that he'd gotten hold of while counter-surfing (something he'd never done before) causing considerable damage to my hand. It's known as 'the Devil's Tic-Tacs'.

Sorry I can't keep up at all with this thread. Not sure if discussed at all, but wanted to say... regarding the amazon baby gift registry of MF and CG - to me, those things are def 'boy'.. which leads me to wonder - is it possible that MF may have actually *been* pregnant and possibly for long enough for the u/s techs to know it was a 'boy', and at some point along the way, MF lost the baby? If she had miscarried, perhaps even later in her pregnancy, it could've effed up her head?

Also, really curious why she has not yet been charged with murder?

It's definitely a possibility that she had another baby in mind. Did she think it would be too difficult to steal that baby? Did they move away? Live with lots of family? Miscarriage?
I wonder if she will eventually spill all the crazy beans and tell why. All the whys.

While Broussard’s friend, Vickie Shreves, tells PEOPLE that when she last saw her, Fieramusca told her she was pregnant and due to deliver her baby within a week. Shreves says that, to her, Fieramusca did not seem like someone who was about to give birth.

After Slaying of Tx. Mom and Recovery of Her Kidnapped Baby, Expert Speaks Out on Infant Abductions
Have to admit I missed a lot of posts in prior threads but this is the first time I am hearing of someone saying they had some doubt to the pregnancy.

It is shocking. Is it evidence of an unraveling mind? Really disturbing.

On another matter...I haven't been able to access WS using my iPad since Saturday night. I can go to any other website but nothing happens going to WS. Sometimes it will say "cannot connect to server. It's stopped responding" Any ideas on what the deal is and how I can fix it?
I've been getting the "cannot connect to server" message as well, on my Galaxy. I think it's a WS issue, all other websites work fine.

Otherwise the murder could be portrayed as an accidental result of the kidnapping? Something like that?

They're going to do whatever they can to protect all the charges they can, but the purpose is essentially to see if the act constituting the underlying felony (kidnapping) and the act resulting in the homicide (murder) were the same. Because of the statute, I believe the murder charge is fine, I'll be interested to see if the independent charge for kidnapping Heidi can stick.

DEC 23, 2019
After Slaying of Tx. Mom and Recovery of Her Kidnapped Baby, Expert Speaks Out on Infant Abductions
[…]

Robert Lowery, the vice president of the Missing Children Division at the Virginia-based National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, says a “stereotypical infant abduction” often involves “a female abductor and the murder of the mother.”

[…]

Authorities have said Broussard was strangled to death, but final autopsy results are still pending, as are DNA test findings confirming the identity of the baby, who is in good health.

[…]

While Broussard’s friend, VS, tells PEOPLE that when she last saw her, Fieramusca told her she was pregnant and due to deliver her baby within a week. VS says that, to her, Fieramusca did not seem like someone who was about to give birth.

Speaking generally about child abduction cases, Lowery says, “The motivation of these women who want an infant is almost always to preserve a relationship. They presented themselves as pregnant to a husband or boyfriend who they may be in a rocky relationship with to solidify their relationship, in most cases.”

[...]

Lowery notes that in almost every case where a mother is killed for her baby, the perpetrator is a woman. The babies, once recovered, are often found in good condition.

[...]

Lowery says the fact that Fieramusca is accused of kidnapping Broussard as well as Margot is unusual.

“Typically, when we saw infant abductions like this, the mom would simply be murdered and the baby would be gone,” he explains. “When the mom is taken along with the baby, that doesn’t happen quite as often.”

[...]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member