FEATURED Help Find Marvin "Rusty" Holderman/ Police Reached out to Websleuths, 2008?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes, I sent it to the detective. I was just reading through the thread, and I saw that there is a death certificate for him, that was part of a property & $$ estate claim. I cant find it (D certificate) however. Rusty may not care, but he might. Gardener found Haywood Street, and I followed up just to see if he had been attending church or still going by "Preacher". We are a great team!

Yep, we are a team! :loveyou: Isn't there a lot of money owed to Rusty if this is him? That money should be enough to take care of him for the rest of his life if he has memory issues or any health issues at all. I really hope this is a happy ending.

Good work! Someone should give Tricia a heads up. Maybe she can find out what the detective has discovered.

Yep, we are a team! :loveyou: Isn't there a lot of money owed to Rusty if this is him? That money should be enough to take care of him for the rest of his life if he has memory issues or any health issues at all. I really hope this is a happy ending.
The link to the money claim is no longer working. I think they decided he was dead and forked over his estate to his kids.

Good work! Someone should give Tricia a heads up. Maybe she can find out what the detective has discovered.
She knows! And we've done all we can really. Here's hoping we hear some good news some day. :happydance:

The link to the money claim is no longer working. I think they decided he was dead and forked over his estate to his kids.

I just did a quick search of Ancestry.com and familysearch.org and I did not find a SS death record for Rusty. If they had him declared legally dead it should be public record, but I suppose it is possible this just occurred and is not showing up yet (Or maybe my searching skills are lacking right now).

If the detective needs a local, I’ll try to help. I imagine the next steps will have to be delicate ones.

Way to go WS’ers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great to think that he’s been found. It looks like him, it must be him, I hope it is him.

Great work guys xx

I personally haven't heard anything. I have no idea if Detective Hess has moved on this. I suspect he'll contact Tricia out of the blue once he has verification since he originally reached out to her to get this search started. If we keep contacting him it's going to be out of line, so it's really out of our hands now. Good jobs guys. In my heart I believe we found this fellow, and he looks good. :cheer:

Gig, I hope and pray that you are right about that! :)

I wonder if Hayward St would be able to give any info about how to find him? Only thing is, I'm not sure if this man's story matches up with the missing Rusty:

http://haywoodstreet.org/rusty/
I can't recall now was Rusty Holderman married twice with 4 kids? When did he start living homeless? The last part of that quote about "letting things go and see what comes back" is giving me chills though. What if it is him and he is just waiting for his family to try to find him? What if he just wants to know they care? :(

It does appear that Rusty was married (at least) twice!

“I forgot to say, VH is not his sister. She is his 2nd wife: https://familysearch.org/search/reco...age_year0=1900”

Link to the post: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...hed-out-to-Websleuths&p=13481243#post13481243

I cannot believe how much the “Haywood Street Rusty” looks like “our Rusty”!

I’m re-reading the thread from the beginning. Someone might have already found some information about his children (IIRC, we did confirm he has at least two sons). I will let all of you know if I come across anything.

This was a fun thread to read. Great work! It definitely looks like you guys found your guy. I hope the detective has something in the works already and updates soon.

I really hope it's him!
I think there are 2 things throwing people off...the eye color and the pics aren't at the same angle. I took "our" Rusty's pic and made it black and white, cropped Haywood st Rustys and overlaid the pics by rotating slightly to line up their eyes. With the pics lined up, their eye shapes are the same, nostrils line up correctly, eyebrows, cheekbones and facial wrinkles all completely the same...the only thing that bothers me is that our Rusty has extremely light eyes and Haywood Rusty looks to have dark eyes...but that could be because of the two different types of photography.
I honestly think it's a pretty good change that Haywood Rusty is our Rusty.

That's pretty slick Tabirey. I see about the eyes, but it could be the lighting.

I couldn’t find any actual research, but I found lots of people saying eyes can get lighter or darker, or even change color when taking various drugs, and when crying.

And clothing color. I have hazel eyes and mine change all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mysterykitty
Back