Help sleuthing an old case

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

ssarahbg

Midwestmom
Reaction score
I apologize ahead of time but I am needing some help sleuthing some info on old case that my mom told me about when she was living on Bergstrom Air Force base in Austin Texas. Back in what she thinks was 1974 or 75, there were multiple murders on the base and we were trying to see if the murders were ever solved. She remembers one case in particular of a woman named Sylvia who was stabbed to death multiple times. Her husband came home on his lunch to find her that way. She could not remember much else from the case but that her husband was Hispanic and she may have been as well. If anyone could help finding info, I would greatly appreciate it! Be up for a challenge! I could not find anything through multiple google searches.

I found a 1979 Austin case of a man finding his wife murdered in bed, but nothing else, including the date, fits your specifications.

Thank you. I gathered some more info from my mom. It didn’t actually happen on base but it was a wife of someone in the military. The wife’s name was Sylvia and the husband was Juan. The husband came home at lunch to find his wife slain with multiple stab wounds. Also, an 80 year old Bergstrom base librarian was killed within a short time of this happening. She remembers those two murders and maybe a few more during this time. It was approximately 1975 because it was when my oldest sister was around 2 (born in ‘73) and before my middle sister was born (feb ‘76). I am just curious if the murders were ever solved. I don’t think it was related to the case in the article though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashley216
Back