Still Missing HI - Ariel Sellers AKA 'Isabella Kalua', 6, last seen asleep in bdrm, Waimanalo, 12 Sep 2021*Arrests

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
And KHON News just released a more in depth article. Sure hope the news keeps this up:

Improving Hawaii's response to missing-child cases takes multi-pronged approach

This KHON report is a good one. I thought that the KITV coverage was pretty good too, especially since they had live coverage of the protest. It is too bad that there weren't more people taking part, but least it got the attention of the media. When I read the CPS statement, I had the impression of it being prepared in advance and ready to be released as soon as the first sign went up outside their office (saying silently, "here we go again.") The police statement wasn't good enough, surely they could say something more than the standard "the investigation is ongoing" without revealing sensitive information.

JUSTICE FOR ARIEL

Friday, October 8, Waimanolo

4pm - 6pm -- Volunteers for Ariel / Isabella will be meeting at the 4-way intersection / traffic light by the Jack In the Box

at 6pm they will march to Puha Street

6pm - 8pm -- Rally on Puha Street

244778440_427163535432565_4376626395541829940_n.jpg

Not a local, but here is the distance between the home on Puha and Bellows Beach where the backpack was found. I didn't add the trash drop off location, because I don't think it would have been carried there by Isabella.

Google Maps click on map link

Locals, if I've got this wrong, please correct me. But it looks like she would have needed to cross the highway and walk a good ways on Tinker road to get to the location the backpack and shoes were found? The growth appears to be pretty dense, could she access the beach not using Tinker Road?

You're correct. She would've had to walk main roads no matter which direction she went due to fences being on all the properties in the surrounding area. . She would not have walked anywhere at night by herself .. she was not adventurous in that way . The photo album was found prior to her being reported missing by a few days . Then it was turned into authorities when the reports of her missing started coming out. I know the biological family very well. So I know Ariel.. she wouldn't have gone anywhere by herself

Thank you Knox. Good to know. So...The children have said nothing to substantiate anything? Odd.
IMO, If the eldest child said anything to police or investigators I'm sure the police are not going to tell anyone so they dont mess up the case and possibly put her life in danger too. The other two siblings are both under 2 years old

BBM

It is interesting about the delay in obtaining the electronic devices. LE should be able to recover any deleted correspondence with a warrant. It takes a long time to receive the data, but it should be available to them.
I agree. I would've expected LE to collect those items during the initial search of the home when they collected the security system data

Thank you, OceanEyes808, for your very insightful input and for going to the rally. So frustrating that they didn't confiscate everything immediately. There were plenty of warning signs for the police. Thank goodness they took the other kids out right away. However, has or is CWS going to allow those kids back in that house?? After reading this article in today's Star Advertiser, I'm more concerned than ever about what really happened and when (i.e. earlier than claimed), plus what is going on at CWS and with the other children. Such a sad story:

"Grandmother of missing Waimanalo girl wanted ‘a chance’ "

Grandmother of missing Waimanalo girl wanted ‘a chance’

Thank you, OceanEyes808, for your very insightful input and for going to the rally. So frustrating that they didn't confiscate everything immediately. There were plenty of warning signs for the police. Thank goodness they took the other kids out right away. However, has or is CWS going to allow those kids back in that house?? After reading this article in today's Star Advertiser, I'm more concerned than ever about what really happened and when (i.e. earlier than claimed), plus what is going on at CWS and with the other children. Such a sad story:

Thank you. I just read the story you shared . Yes. Initially, Barb hoped to be able to keep the two eldest that were in her care at the time if her boyfriends motorcycle accident. In fact CWS continually stated that the goal was to keep the girls with their family.. however, that did not seem to really be true when they took the girls to live with the Kalua family. In addition, efforts were made by Mrs kalua to alienate the girls from their grandmother. Since Ariel has gone mmissing, CWS removed the children from Kalua's custody and there have been no updates to their biological families as to their current whereabouts . The Kaluas have been actively trying to get the girls back and have been in family court in efforts to do so within the last couple of weeks .

Six months after Isabella and her sister were placed with the Kaluas, Kumai said the same social worker returned to her house with the children.

Kumai said she was told that Lehua Kalua was under investigation and was asked, “If found guilty, if I would take them back. I said, ‘Yeah.’ Then suddenly, boom! The investigation is over with and everything is OK. That was the end of my visits.”

What was the adoptive mom being investigated for?

I believe they were being investigated due to Ariel having unexplained bruising on her fingers, and knuckles . I recall that prior to CWS cutting off all visitation with the biological family, Ariel was allowed to go with her grandmother and great grandmother to the mall to shop and have lunch . Bruises on her fingertips were noticeable... I don't know any details about that investigation or if there were additional concerns that were addressed at that time as I don't know what was documented about it.

View attachment 316735 this is one of the photos the adoptive family provided of Ariel. It was posted to social media with a verbal commentary.. if you're able to zoom in on the areas irvled you can clearly see bruises on her hand and her eye is swollen .

This is the second photo I've seen where there appear to be obvious signs of probable physical abuse. So sad. Looks like Windward Mall by the Food Court. At least someone was taking her out for some fun that day. Love her shaka:)

Isabella Kalua, aka Ariel Sellers: Missing in Hawaii
At this site, under the discussion about the CPS rally, someone mentions that the other adult at the adoptive parents location is the brother of the adoptive mom who apparently has or had some work connection to the convenience center--this was part of some conversation--Be that as it may, it still does not explain (for me, and now it's even more mysterious) how that album was found by someone who, instead of giving it to the family, waited days to turn it into the police...

Hi, just thinking out loud of ways to make sense of this. If adoptive mum's brother works at the dump site and is seen throwing a rubbish bag away by a coworker, maybe they got suspicious for whatever reason and pulled it to one side. They could have checked it later and seen a photo album - an odd thing to throw out if it contains recent photos (rather than decades old photos of people who are long gone for example) so they kept it. Then the Police issue the missing person alert about Isabella/Ariel and the coworker reports the find to the Police

MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke