Still Missing HI - Ariel Sellers AKA 'Isabella Kalua', 6, last seen asleep in bdrm, Waimanalo, 12 Sep 2021*Arrests

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is so much worse than I suspected. My heart aches for Ariel and what she went through. Sobering proof that there are monsters living among us. So sad.

I drove by again this morning and they appeared to still be searching. The block was still cordoned off with police cars stationed all around. I didn't see any current digging in the back yard, but they may digging in the front yard. The back yard is larger, but faces a well travelled street with only a chain link fence, so they would have been pretty visible digging there. The front yard faces Puha St, which would be just travelled by the few residents on that street, so more likely they would have dug there, if that's what happened.

So tragic that this is turning out to be another Peter Boy Kema case, maybe even worse. I truly hope the legislators are paying attention here and get busy overhauling CWS rules, management and procedures ASAP. There also needs to be a thorough and INDEPENDENT investigation of CWS's role in this and everyone who was in any way involved with this placement. JMO MOO

Thank goodness the siblings are out of that horror house now. I hope they find them a truly caring home and therapy to help them heal.

In an interview Nov. 5 with police, the older sibling said about 3:30 a.m. on the day she last saw Isabella in the home the Kaluas went to check on the girl in the bathroom and she was lifeless.

“(The sibling) knows (Isabella) is dead because she was there. (The sibling) stated she was there because her parents woke her up,” the complaint said.

“After being woken up, she went into the bathroom and saw that (Isabella) had duct tape on her nose and mouth and was not breathing. Lehua then filled the bathtub with water and put (Isabella) in it to see if she would wake up, but did not work.

“(The sibling) then had to help carry (Isabella) to their bedroom.”

The sibling didn’t know where the couple subsequently put Isabella, the documents said.

More at Court Documents Say Adoptive Parents Kept Missing Waimanalo Girl In A Cage

:mad::mad::mad:

In an interview Nov. 5 with police, the older sibling said about 3:30 a.m. on the day she last saw Isabella in the home the Kaluas went to check on the girl in the bathroom and she was lifeless.

“(The sibling) knows (Isabella) is dead because she was there. (The sibling) stated she was there because her parents woke her up,” the complaint said.

“After being woken up, she went into the bathroom and saw that (Isabella) had duct tape on her nose and mouth and was not breathing. Lehua then filled the bathtub with water and put (Isabella) in it to see if she would wake up, but did not work.

“(The sibling) then had to help carry (Isabella) to their bedroom.”

The sibling didn’t know where the couple subsequently put Isabella, the documents said.

More at Court Documents Say Adoptive Parents Kept Missing Waimanalo Girl In A Cage

:mad::mad::mad:
speculation only. did LK's "hook up" at social services get her some kids so she could receive stipend. only bbygrl Ariel had more needs than she was willing to tend to which led to this? jesus wept. those poor babies. i hope i am wrong.

HONOLULU (AP) — A biological sister of a 6-year-old Hawaii girl reported missing by their adoptive parents told police the parents forced her to keep it a secret that Isabella Kalua was not breathing inside a dog cage in the bathroom, with duct tape on her mouth and nose.

The new details were revealed in documents filed in court Friday to justify the arrests of Isaac and Lehua Kalua, who adopted Isabella and two of her siblings and were foster parents to another of her biological siblings, on suspicion of second-degree murder.

More at Sister: Hawaii girl was inside dog cage and not breathing

This ranks right up there with some of the worst I've seen.
No two ways about it, these people are just plain old evil.

jmo

HONOLULU (AP) — A biological sister of a 6-year-old Hawaii girl reported missing by their adoptive parents told police the parents forced her to keep it a secret that Isabella Kalua was not breathing inside a dog cage in the bathroom, with duct tape on her mouth and nose.

The new details were revealed in documents filed in court Friday to justify the arrests of Isaac and Lehua Kalua, who adopted Isabella and two of her siblings and were foster parents to another of her biological siblings, on suspicion of second-degree murder.

More at Sister: Hawaii girl was inside dog cage and not breathing

I can’t. I can’t. My brain is a muddled mess of hurt. SERIOUSLY? A dog cage. The torture. I can’t say what I really want to say but…let’s just say… they have a reserved seat in a very uncomfortable place when they leave this world.

Edit: to add

Ariel, sweetheart, you are so loved. So many people are watching and care.

She’s at peace and she will never be hurt again. That’s the only consolation in this.

Last edited:
I have mentally hit my quota
Dear God. I’m crying. I am completely unable to comprehend why anyone would do this to anyone, let alone a child. It’s evil. I don’t know what else to say.

currently sitting here sobbing. This is so…horrific. All I can think about is her and how she was feeling. The terror and panic. These people were supposed to love her and take care of her. They did the exact opposite. I hope that their futures know nothing but pain. The kind of pain she had to live through for years.

We can't do anything for Ariel now, but I hope this a wake up call for the State of Hawaii. Who is the Governor there?His office needs to be flooded with calls and emails. God bless Ariel's older sister. I hope the same courage she showed by telling the horrible truth, propels her forward in life.

Where is the video of the family walking away from that court hearing? Someone please link it here. It shows how little regard or care they had for Ariel.

We can't do anything for Ariel now, but I hope this a wake up call for the State of Hawaii. Who is the Governor there?His office needs to be flooded with calls and emails. God bless Ariel's older sister. I hope the same courage she showed by telling the horrible truth, propels her forward in life.

Where is the video of the family walking away from that court hearing? Someone please link it here. It shows how little regard or care they had for Ariel.
Governor David Ige. Everyone should contact him. He's fairly responsive if people reach out to him. Here's his contact site link:
Contact Us

People should also contact the Lt. Governor, Josh Green. He's an Emergency Room doctor and is running to be the next Governor:
Josh Green

One more thing --- There's another legal system problem in Hawaii. If children have to testify against someone, like Ariel's older sister might have to, they are required to appear on the witness stand in open court with the defendents (i.e. the adoptive parents) present in the courtroom. This needs to be changed, so please mention this as well, if you write the Governor. Many other states allow minor children to testify via video link, or similar.

The current Hawaii court system has a MAJOR chilling effect on children who are testifying against sexual abusers or other abusers, like the defendants in this case. I know this is correct due to a situation that my family went through. They need to change this law and allow little children some degree of protection when testifying. It really traumatizes kids all over again to have to sit in the same courtroom with their abusers and be grilled by often hostile defense attorneys in front of the very people who abused them. This needs to be changed ASAP and before Ariel's sibling might have to testify.

I had trouble sleeping last night after reading the horrendous torture Ariel went through. There’s no real words that can describe what I’m feeling. Utter disgust towards the foster “parents” and the whole system that failed her. She was so sweet and deserved the world. I wish I could undo her childhood and give her a better one in our home.

I'm FURIOUS at what Ariel endured!!! Those two deserve to be locked up the rest of their lives.
I am, too. I hope that they recover her precious little body and can lay her to rest properly, quickly. This is one of the most horrible, unbelievable things I have seen in recent months. How anyone can do this to anyone but much less a CHILD is beyond me and as a mother I don't know if I'm crying more because I'm furious or because it is just absolutely heartbreaking. CPS should be held accountable to a HIGH degree, IMO.

@Dave99 , that's not just Hawaii.

The accused has the legal right to be present in court during all proceedings. (Those who set up our courts long, long ago did not plan centuries ahead for crimes of this nature!)

I do indeed agree that video testimony for victims of violent crimes should be allowed in every jurisdiction.

jmho ymmv lrr

HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - Isaac and Lehua Kalua are both charged with second-degree murder for allegedly killing their adoptive daughter 6-year-old Isabella “Ariel” Kalua.

Normally, a second-degree murder charge in Hawaii carries a penalty of life in person with the possibility of parole.

However, an enhanced sentencing applies to children 8 years old and younger. Therefore, the Kaluas face a life sentence without parole.

“I feel that it’s a just punishment, especially when we’re talking about young children who are defenseless,” said advocate Nonohe Botelho.

‘Our keiki deserve it’: Calls grow for tougher sentencing in child murder cases

HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - As more details emerge on the Isabella “Ariel” Kalua murder case, child advocates continue to question how she and her siblings end up with the home in the first place.

Privacy laws prevent the state from releasing information on the adoption case, but advocates point to other abuse cases in which Child Welfare Services failed to stop the harm.

An area of concern that jumps out is Isaac Kalua’s past conviction for terroristic threatening and assault 20 years ago.

“The fact that this was happening to her for a substantial amount of time and no one saved her, it seems outrageous.”

‘Unbelievable’: Advocates say Isabella’s placement in adoptive home raises serious questions

HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - Biological family members of Isabella “Ariel” Kalua said Friday they are heartbroken and angry after learning about new allegations about what the 6-year-old allegedly endured at the hands of her adoptive parents, including being kept in a dog cage.

They also said the allegations are fueling their fight to get Isabella’s siblings back in their custody.

“This is a child. How can you do something like that?” said Lana Idao, Isabella’s biological aunt.

Court documents reveal horrific allegations against adoptive parents charged with murdering girl
“You know, if you weren’t happy ... bring her back. Give them to the next person. They will give her the love and comfort. You know, it’s just frustrating, frustrating.”

Alena Kaeo, another aunt, said she’s struggling to understand the “why.”

“What was their reasoning behind having having the girls? I really don’t know. But if they had loved my nieces the way they claim to have, they would have never done any of this,” she said.

For months, Isabella’s family wanted to know what happened. Now they’re struggling with why.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke
Back