Still Missing HI - Ariel Sellers AKA 'Isabella Kalua', 6, last seen asleep in bdrm, Waimanalo, 12 Sep 2021*Arrests

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I checked this news source to make sure it's legit.
Hawaii News Now - Wikipedia
Hawaii News Now (also abbreviated as HNN) is the name of the news department shared by two television stations in Honolulu, Hawaii: CBS affiliate KGMB (channel 5) and NBC affiliate KHNL (channel 13).

‘Please rally together’: Police turn to community in search for missing 6-year-old in Waimanalo

Sources told HNN that CPS has taken the siblings of the missing girl as the intense search continues.

Scores of police officers spent much of the day in the area looking for the girl. In addition to regular vehicles and going door-to-door for information, police used dogs and ATVs in their search.
this is interesting as well (from link) "Kalua’s biological aunt Lana Idao said the family knew her as Ariel before she got adopted and her name was changed."

this is interesting as well (from link) "Kalua’s biological aunt Lana Idao said the family knew her as Ariel before she got adopted and her name was changed."
Thanks! I couldn’t find a nonFB source for that info.

It doesn’t sound like she’s really had contact with her bio family since she was quite little, but I wonder if she is maybe trying to get back to a foster family. Praying that this child is found safe & sound!

From what I can find, it seems like they are focusing searches in Sherwood Forest, which is east near the beach. I wonder if they have evidence that she went that way. I wonder if they have checked the retention ponds and other waterways, such as ditches and tunnels.

Attachments

• 0D720299-E243-4AB4-944A-EA79BDD7C86A.jpeg
    0D720299-E243-4AB4-944A-EA79BDD7C86A.jpeg
    112.5 KB · Views: 22
Per following from KHON2 News, Isabella and her 3 siblings were recently adopted. I wonder if her biological parents might have anything to do with her disappearance. Probably not, because if that was suspected it would probably have been made public. I also wonder if all 4 siblings have the same biological parents.

'We need all of Hawaii': Police encourage community to rally together to locate 6-year-old girl in Waimanalo

"A family member said Isabella and her three siblings were recently adopted by the family. The family member told KHON2 News Child Protection Services took the siblings from the home as the search for Isabella continues."

MOO, as an adoptive parent, knowing she was recently adopted and spent several years in foster care makes me believe more that yes, despite her age, she left the house herself. Hoping she has found safety, authorities find her soon and she gets the counseling she needs.

I was hoping to hear good news today, but there have been no new developments. The MSM articles are still not giving the time that Isabella was reported missing, so LE must not have released that information. It is hard to imagine a 6 year old leaving alone late at night.

The article says that Isabella is also known by her original name of Ariel Sellers. Her full name since the adoption is Isabella Ariel Kalua. She seems to have a complicated family history. Many members of her bio family are involved in the search and seem to really care for her. Two of the bio aunts were quoted as saying that she doesn't wander, but how would they know that if the family hasn't seen her since she was 1 year old (as stated by a bio aunt in an article upthread.) Maybe one branch of the bio family hadn't seen her, but others had had contact with her. Meanwhile, the adoptive family are not allowed to speak to the media.

"KHON2 was told by the adoptive or foster family last night that they were told not to talk to media by investigators."

Hundreds rally in Waimanalo to search for missing 6-year-old girl

The following link has captioned pictures of Tuesday's search. There are 2 pictures of the bio mother, Melanie Joseph, with her cousin. She looks distraught.

Volunteers search for missing 6-year-old girl in Waimanalo

Praying that today will be the day she is found safe.

This video has a still photo of a small person walking along Oneawa Street In Kialua, more than 5 miles from home at around 1:00am. It isn’t know if this is Isabella, but that is quite a distance from her home and I don’t see how, without assistances she could have made it that far between when the family says she was last seen in bed to the time stamp on the video.

Yes, the article was informative. Thanks, @hollye!
I am SMH a lot while I'm reading this thread. I just don't think this will come to a good end. It's been too long. Maybe there's an anonymous tip-line that may help with any sightings, if there were any; or maybe someone saw/heard some possibly unusual activity in the vicinity.
I've been happily wrong before on cases where a child seemed to be in danger and things turned out okay, but I'm afraid this might not be one of those. SMH. Saying a little prayer for her.

Just like Orrin & Orson (Cincere & Classic) :(

This case has similarities to our missing boys, in that we are hearing from the biological family of an adopted child.

Last edited:
Isabella had been living with the Kaluas for four years, and at some point within the past year or so, the Kaluas adopted her and changed her name, Alena Kaeo, a cousin of Isabella’s biological mother, told the Honolulu Star-Advertiser.

Isabella’s biological mother Melanie Joseph told the newspaper that the last time she saw her daughter on a scheduled visit was about a year ago,

“It has been devastating, really devastating,” Kiara Galdeira, another biological aunt, told Hawaii News Now. “We just wish we could’ve done more. And we just want her home. I don’t think she would ever wander off.”

Search continues into 3rd day for missing Hawaii girl, 6

very concerning

and only the one photo of her?
I have seen several on FB, but this one appears to be the most recent.

I’m just not understanding why there isn’t more of a media presence. It because it is a more isolated area?

I could be incorrect, but Isabella appears like she may have some special needs & definitely a lack of stability in her life, having been in foster care for most of her young life. I wonder if she has run before.

Her biological mother, Melanie Joseph, 33, told the Honolulu Star-Advertiser that the last time she saw her daughter on a scheduled visit was about a year ago, and alleges there were signs of physical abuse.

Kalua’s adoptive parents had custody of four of Joseph’s five daughters for four years. A fifth, a 5-year-old, lives with a relative.

According to the Joseph family, after Isabella disappeared, Child Welfare Services took custody Monday of the three siblings, ages 12, 3, 1, who they say were living with the Sonny and Lehua Kalua family.

……

SK, also known as IKK III, the named lessee on the house <modsnip: Address redacted> where the 6-year-old was last seen, has a history of violent crimes.

<modsnip>

…….

Hundreds of volunteers continue search for missing 6-year-old Waimanalo girl, Isabella Kalua

Last edited by a moderator:
Stephanie Lum
·
Follow
Today at 1:50 AM ·
Worry Grows for Missing Girl
New surveillance video raises questions in the search for 6-year-old Isabella Kalua. She was last seen Sunday night at a home on Puha Street in Waimanalo. Police officers, family members and volunteers continued to search today but if investigators have any leads, they haven't shared them with the public. Jolanie Martinez has the latest.

#MissingGirl #Waimanalo #Hawaii #HawaiiNews #HawaiiNewsNow

241830361_911822232742586_1285129850194317297_n.jpg

3:13 / 3:13

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member