GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I spoke with a person very close to the investigation two days ago and was told there are new developments in the case, but nothing can yet be publically disclosed. Hopefully todays arrest of SC for burglary will help lead to an eventual conviction!

All eyes are on Maui Police Department.

I'm not the slightest bit surprised by SC's arrest. Good work, MPD!

$10,000 bail? I know ostensibly it's for a burglary, but it doesn't sound like serious money, especially for the only POI in a double murder investigation. Does anyone know what the bail cap would be for a burglary?

I want to know who posted bail for this lowlife! Also, would a burglary arrest be considered a violation of his probation for DUI? I have no idea how that works - thankfully.

Has anyone considered she went to help sc and after got picked up by someone else? Maybe ran off the road or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would have considered that possibility more seriously had she not been accompanied by her large, pit-bull mix dog, Nala, had her dog not been found in far-away Nahiku without a scratch on him, had SC had an account of the evening's activities that sounded more credible, and had her phone not pinged in Keanae at 11 PM when SC claims that it took him 10 minutes to fix his car and he was back in Haiku at 10:30 PM. IMHO, a large dog would deter a random assailant. Also IMHO, if a person has done nothing wrong, that person would have no reason to make up a ridiculous story to account for his whereabouts. :cow:

I have a feeling that this case is going to surprise all of us. I'm starting to think that her pregnancy was not the main motivation. That along with SC, there are groups and stories involved that go way beyond SC alone. Something bigger and more menacing. I hope I'm wrong.

I have a feeling that this case is going to surprise all of us. I'm starting to think that her pregnancy was not the main motivation. That along with SC, there are groups and stories involved that go way beyond SC alone. Something bigger and more menacing. I hope I'm wrong.

Are you able to elaborate ( IYHI :))?

What I hope is wrong is the :rumor: that he is out on bail. Other than a comment by a poster following the Maui News report (link below), I have not been able to confirm if that is true. I certainly hope not! And who would risk $10,000 on the chance that he'd make his court appearance? I hope he is cooling his heels in a jail cell where he belongs. :jail:

http://mauinow.com/2014/04/14/steven-capobianco-arrested-in-burglary-case/

Are you able to elaborate ( IYHI :))?

I am not intentionally trying to post outside of the forum rules but my posts and links keep getting deleted. So all I can write is that in my opinion, based on things I have read on several links I cannot paste here, IMO, there is a consistent vibe of something going on that is bigger and beyond SC alone. I've actually had this feeling for quite some time. I am in no way connected to this case. I live 1000's of miles away but I have followed this case closely. I hope it is cut and dry but I just have a feeling that what is known is only 30% of what is actually going on that led to her murder.

Do you think they arrested him to get his finger prints or DNA or something to compare to evidence found in relation to Charli and Joshua? Or did he already have a record?

He is on probation until at least July for DUI.
Not sure what the fire drill yesterday was completely about. It's a good thing for those that want him tried for homicide though because it will keep him from being legally allowed to leave the state for quite a while - whether they're slow to bring burglary case to court or quick to convict. First degree burglary is a class B felony and if found guilty at the very least he'd see some jail time and more probation. And short term now he'll be tied up with court and maybe legal fees (be interesting to see if he hires defense lawyer or has appointed public defender.) IMO

Hawaii statute for 1st degree burglary
http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/histatutes/5/37/708/II/708-810

And interesting LE had his laptop since Feb.27 according to this article

All opinion and I'm not any kind of licensed attorney.

Do you think they arrested him to get his finger prints or DNA or something to compare to evidence found in relation to Charli and Joshua? Or did he already have a record?

They'd already have his fingerprints from his DUI, but maybe not his DNA. Perhaps with the burglary they can compel his DNA, in order to place him inside the woman's home. Not sure how it works here. I know that in most states, when someone is sent to prison, or even jail, they often do a DNA swab. I believe it may depend on the crime involved, but I'm not that sure.

He is on probation until at least July for DUI.
Not sure what the fire drill yesterday was completely about. It's a good thing for those that want him tried for homicide though because it will keep him from being legally allowed to leave the state for quite a while - whether they're slow to bring burglary case to court or quick to convict. First degree burglary is a class B felony and if found guilty at the very least he'd see some jail time and more probation. And short term now he'll be tied up with court and maybe legal fees (be interesting to see if he hires defense lawyer or has appointed public defender.) IMO

Hawaii statute for 1st degree burglary
http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/histatutes/5/37/708/II/708-810

And interesting LE had his laptop since Feb.27 according to this article

All opinion and I'm not any kind of licensed attorney.

Exactly, it buys the state time, and I do think they will be charging him with homicide at some point later this year. I'd expected him to be arrested, only I thought it would be for selling drugs, given the rumors. MPD does not want another Bernard Brown to embarrass them by leaving the jurisdiction. (Bernard Brown is the POI in the Moreira Monsalve case who left Maui and is now reportedly in California.) IMHO, chances are slim that SC will be able to stay out of trouble, short or long term.

Now we are all waiting for the other shoe to drop. :cow:

BTW, I was sad to see Crabapple Jones depart from FB. :moo:

KHON2 tried to reach Capobianco for comment, but he hung up on us.

He didn't even say "please keep searching for Charli"?

Of course not.

is he losing confidence in his abilities for giving convincing interviews?

I wonder why! :websleuther:

:moo:

Can a mod post a link on how to become a verified insider? It's not for me but for someone close to the case. Thanks! :)

:moo: I hear you......i've had similar thoughts since Charli first was reported missing. I still feel he did not act alone, but that is just My Opinion. That lighthouse area near Jaws has many unsettling stories involving drugs, parties, missing and murdered people, influence and corruption.............not just stripped and burned cars. Of course, Charli and Joshua's case might not have any connection to those stories, but SC has/had FB friends that were connected, so, one can't help but wonder. :moo:
I don't have any knowledge to share, but anyone interested can Google and learn more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214