GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
4 8 15 16 23 42 = 108

??????????

It was some code from 'Lost," but I don't remember it's exact significance.
Lost was great but the last season stuff happening on the island was just so stupid and awful.

If anyone wants to just dip their foot into 'Lost,' I' recommend watching the pilot and the episode called 'Walkabout.'

Sorry about the diversion. Is there court today? Who's on first? ;-)

Napili, the numbers had been used by Jorge Garcia's character to play the lottery, after a guy he was in a mental institution with had repeated them over and over. He won the biggest jackpot ever with the numbers, but all they brought was terrible bad luck and ultimately crashing on the mysterious island in the Pacific.

42 is the "answer to everything" in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and was mathematician Wonderland author Lewis Carroll's favorite number. The Number 23 has been written about by Robert Anton Wilson, William Burroughs, and others for the odd coincidences that happen around it. 108 is a mystical number in World religion. The other numbers mostly work to make the set add up to 108.

The sequence had to be input by one of two trusted techs of the DHARMA Fiundation, every 108 minutes, or the island and maybe the world would implode due to magnetic anomalies in the magical island, or something like that. This meant a couple of people never got any REM sleep and went a little crazy. :) Eventually, one of them missed the input, the world shook, and the flight the Losties were on came down on a beach and the new settlers arrived, where they gradually met the old inhabitants who were mostly Hostiles. Everyone on the flight had previously done something pretty bad in life, and they got a second chance.

Does anyone know why they were having the cell-phone witness from the Kahului AT&T store, and talking about azimuth, etc. when we'd already heard all about that from Det. Easter?

And dear Lord, in the name of all that's sacred, PLEASE let's finally hear what Steven's normal jean size is! I'm begging for it!

Showing the sonogram creates a level of sympathy from the Jury. Worked for me. Had to go grab my kid.

I feel like a certain attorney acts worse than a toddler. What is up with that sulking? I'm surprised we haven't seen a full on temper tantrum yet.

I started thinking that maybe we should trust the prosecutors in presenting just Steven as the sole defendant. But then I started wondering. In the Holly Grim case LE were on to her alleged killer almost from day one. They just didn't have the proof they needed for an arrest until 3 years later. I translate that to the prosecutors in this case. Maybe the only evidence they have to present to a jury points to Steven. This doesn't neccearily mean that they don't have suspicions of their own and could possibly have an accomplice theory as well, just no proof and light evidence. So go for a conviction on what they do have. I just wonder.

Yes, I agree. The prosecutors opted to go to trial with the ambiguous dna evidence on the clothing--the rationale being better to catch one chicken than wait for the possibility of catching two or more in the bush--risking the case going cold. My thought in the beginning was that Steven C's intent was to cause a miscarriage of his baby, not kill Charlie. That would explain his horror response in court when viewing what was found of her remains--the split jaw and fingernail pieces, etc. Who else might have been involved, as well as the circumstances of Charlie's death, at this point, is so convoluted with mismatched evidence, I think it is nearly impossible to prove factually in this trial what actually happened to Charlie. If the Judge gives instructions to the jury allowing for a lesser charge, a voluntary manslaughter conviction might be the end result.

Yes, I agree. The prosecutors opted to go to trial with the ambiguous dna evidence on the clothing--the rationale being better to catch one chicken than wait for the possibility of catching two or more in the bush--risking the case going cold. My thought in the beginning was that Steven C's intent was to cause a miscarriage of his baby, not kill Charlie. That would explain his horror response in court when viewing what was found of her remains--the split jaw and fingernail pieces, etc. Who else might have been involved, as well as the circumstances of Charlie's death, at this point, is so convoluted with mismatched evidence, I think it is nearly impossible to prove factually in this trial what actually happened to Charlie. If the Judge gives instructions to the jury allowing for a lesser charge, a voluntary manslaughter conviction might be the end result.

Please explain why/how you think SC only intended to cause a miscarriage on a five month pregnant woman. That theory baffles me.
IMO I saw a contrived reaction from SC, for the benefit of the jury, when the camera zoomed to a close-up of him viewing Charli's remains. He knew what was coming; this was not a reserved seating sneak preview for him.

Please explain why/how you think SC only intended to cause a miscarriage on a five month pregnant woman. That theory baffles me.
IMO I saw a contrived reaction from SC, for the benefit of the jury, when the camera zoomed to a close-up of him viewing Charli's remains. He knew what was coming; this was not a reserved seating sneak preview for him.

Trujac, I believe, is pondering an alternate theory which might explain some things we've been discussing-- like possible accomplices, and another possible explanation for SC's responses in court. Dimwit guys like Steven have no doubt heard, like everyone else has, that guys will kick their uncooperative pregnant wimmen in the belly to induce a miscarriage. I think that may be what is being alluded to here. It's still a lot of speculation, as our presuppositions are just that. It's never a bad idea to imagine any reasonable scenario as long as the facts are accounted for, IMHO.

Moxie, I'm not familiar with the comment you mentioned on the court site. Can you post it? Thanks!

So who knows whar Ashley Silva testified about and why the defense wants to object to him taking the stand?

DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO LIMINE TO TO EXCLUDE TESTIMONY OF ASHLEY SILVA;

There are several reasons why I think it's possible that S.C. initial plan consisted of trying to just abort the 5 month old fetus. 1. He had a lot to lose by committing a murder. He was employed, had a girlfriend and several close friends. 2. As far as we know, he doesn't have a history of domestic violence. 3. It takes a special type of mentality to murder and dismember a victim. Usually perpetrators who kill and dismember their victims are spree killers--and they don't start out killing and dismembering--they graduate to that level of disturbed thinking after having already committed murder before. 4. There is a lot of documentation showing that men will try and cause women to have spontaneous abortions regardless the pregnancy term if they want to get rid of the fetus.

Trujac, I believe, is pondering an alternate theory which might explain some things we've been discussing-- like possible accomplices, and another possible explanation for SC's responses in court. Dimwit guys like Steven have no doubt heard, like everyone else has, that guys will kick their uncooperative pregnant wimmen in the belly to induce a miscarriage. I think that may be what is being alluded to here. It's still a lot of speculation, as our presuppositions are just that. It's never a bad idea to imagine any reasonable scenario as long as the facts are accounted for, IMHO.

Moxie, I'm not familiar with the comment you mentioned on the court site. Can you post it? Thanks!

Yes, thank you for clarifying my thoughts--additionally, I think Charlie's murder was highly disorganized. There could be a lot of reasons why it was disorganized, e.g., S.C. meant to only scare Charlie and/or abort the fetus and the crime escalated to torture, murder and dismemberment, and other people were also involved.

Posts have been removed.

Please do not sleuth or "out" other Websleuths members.

:tyou:

So who knows whar Ashley Silva testified about and why the defense wants to object to him taking the stand?

PT can you clarify?

He left her there dead and then went back the next day and the next and again. Who knows how the trial would be if MPD helped the Scotts right away and if they went to Paraquats Tuesday.

I don't know who this is, but Rivera subpoenaed her or him early on, May 18, not a last minute choice.

I appreciate your thoughtful ideas, trujac. I cannot really see abortion as his intent, but it's an interesting idea. The problem I see is, it wouldn't accomplish what he wanted and he should have known, that by kidnapping and assaulting her to that degree, leaving her alive would just land him in jail for a long time.

Agree the crime was disorganized. Some other factors in that might be a) first violent crime; b) disorganized accomplice; c) unexpected events changed the plan, and so forth.
I just think that he had decided she wasn't getting with the program, that her plan had to be stopped, and he had told her repeatedly and she had not listened. Some BS like that common in the thought processes of controlling abusers. Maybe he would have preferred to knock her around, but she had too many people to stand up for her if a living Charli were to make it back from Paraquat's to tell what he had done.

Trujac, I agree with your train of thought. Thank you for your input.
I said awhile ago that it was very possible that Steven set up a fake robbery/carjacking to have Charli beat up to cause a miscarriage and the intent was not to kill. Something went very, very wrong. This explains the unplanned aspects, the quick timeline he would have had doing this solo and the overall unexplainable-ness of this whole crime. if he was working with someone that agreed the baby needed to go, maybe because they are just as mess up, it is totally plausible.

By the way...WE ARE PENN STATE!
I know, I know, most of you are in Hawaii but it just ended. holy cow! What an amazing game for a town that really needed that huge win to continue rebuilding the damage done by Sandusky. For every evil there is a good. And that is a good thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper