GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't think that the defense has cast any reasonable doubt for the jury to even consider. The defense and explanation was weak at best. IMO

I don't think that the defense has cast any reasonable doubt for the jury to even consider. The defense and explanation was weak at best. IMO

I totally agree, HGO. The defense's arguments defied logic. I hope the guilty verdict will be returned very soon.

Can Steven still plea bargain and tell what really happened and where she is?

I believe a plea bargain can be entered into at any time prior to the jury reading its verdict. The prosecution does not seem on very good terms with the family though, and it is questionable whether they would make it a condition that he tell where. And the telling has to be verifiable or how can it be believed, right?

If the State is worried about losing, they will typically offer a lesser sentence in return for pleading, so that a conviction is assured. But there is often backlash from the public over reducing the time. He would be eligible for parole in ten years or some crap like that, and the family would likely be very unhapppy.

Hawaii has a pattern of giving its criminals lenient plea bargains.

Note: when I threw out 10 years as a plea number, that's not supposed to be a real guess or spec. It's just an example of how pleas on murder can end up with an undesirable (for us) reduction.

I have no idea what they would offer SC, not a clue.
I have read that the enhanced circumstances on second degree is tough to actually get applied, in some postings by Brooke. I honestly don't think they have proved the torture element. Rivera is going to need to really sell his facts and a strong theory.

As of now, as we see in this forum, reasonable people can form a variety of takes on what, where, and how it went down, at what point she was killed. What he did to her after death is grotesque and unspeakable in my book, but it doesn't count in this state to enhance the penalty.

Maui Now is so thorough here! I especially like hearing from a real Maui pig hunter who was on the job with MPD during the investigation. Awesome.
Those of us who were worried that the pigs did get her remains can I think rest easy now.

Remember how we were wondering about where Nala rode? I saw a photo of Carli pregnant with the rear side door open looking at one of the dogs in her vehicle. There was the green blanket neatly tucked and laid over the back seat, with dog leash and dog riding on the blanket.

I see now why the blanket was always in the car, to protect the back seat and give dogs a nice ride. The front seats are bucket seats like most SUVs so the dog has a view of what goes on pretty much.

It looks like this is a regular set-up, so I think this is how Nala would have been that night. Perhaps left behind in the car and never saw any violence?

Closing Arguments due to begin at 10:00 this morning according to FCS.

Is it being videoed? I'd like to hear both sides.

Maybe they are in sidebar or some reason camera not turned on yet.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back