HI HI - Mischa Johnson, 19, Schofield Barracks, Oahu, 31 Jul 2024 - 6 months pregnant *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Apple map appears to be more specific than Google map about Schofield Barracks. If their housing was on Foote Ave, I can see where a nighttime walk off without detection would be very possible. Only a vacant field and a park with a baseball, softball, and track between the barracks and a major thoroughfare. If Mischa wanted to disappear walking to Wilikina and getting a ride from a friend or a stranger would probably not be very difficult to do. Another concern is the major Reservoir just across that thoroughfare.

A guess is all it was. I have not read a location of Mischa’s residence. Thank you for linking the Apple map. I have not figured out how to attach links. It does not appear to be a typical base secure area looking at it from satellite mapping.
Thank you for clarifying, @no greed.
(I misunderstood your use of “if” being used as a “for example” type of meaning)
thumb_up.gif

I think we both qualified our posts with "it's a guess". Thank you for identifying a possible street location and you're right about Apple Maps. Now we have something to look at and discuss. It's only 2.3 miles into Wahiawa from that area (Foote) of the base. Not saying she walked, just noting distance. Now where are the various gates located on Schofield, not just the main access?

I lived on Oahu until last summer. I lived on a different military base, but I've been on Schofield many times. There are several gates, but just 2 are open at night. This includes inbound and outbound traffic.

Schofield Barracks Gate Hours​

There are four gates to Schofield Barracks. All will require either a valid military/dependent ID or a visitor’s pass.
  • Lyman Gate -
    Main Gate - Open 24/7
  • Foote Gate -
    0500-2100 Daily
  • Macomb Gate -
    Monday through Friday 0500 to 1300 and 1600 to 1800 (outbound traffic only). Closed Holidays.
  • McNair Gate
    -

Open 24/7 (closed to outbound traffic Mon-Fri 0500-0630)

So just to add a few things based on my experience living on Oahu for almost 3 years.. Nothing is stated as fact here just my thoughts about the area and possible scenarios.

Schofield is more centrally located on the island. It is land locked, so not near the ocean. There is a fence that goes around the outer perimeter of the main base where the housing areas are and where the servicemembers typically work day to day, which makes it necessary to enter though one of the gates. They are all manned gates so all cars or pedestrians entering must show a military ID or they must enter through the gate where the visitor center is and they get a pass. The exception to this would be if a guest is entering with someone that has a military ID. Typically guests can just ride along in the car and unless there is a heightened threat level, no pass is needed for them. You as the ID card holder are vouching for the guest(s) while they are on the installation. Some based require a pass for anyone entering after a certain time (where I am now, it's 9pm).

People exiting the base do not need to show an ID or stop. They can drive off or walk off the base. I do believe all ACPs (access control points) have video cameras so this would be noted both entering and exiting.

There are also training areas on/near Schofield as well as hiking trails that start on the base and leave the base through the mountains the base backs up to. It is possible to hike out this way OR to hike in. It is a VERY difficult trail if someone wanted to do this, it would not be something the average person would/could do. There is a shorter trail that many do hike, but to go past that point out to the larger trail area, would require someone a bit more experienced. So I guess it's possible she could walk that trail and leave the base without being seen, but I'd say it's very unlikely due to the terrain. I'll link the all trails map of the area so you can look. Kolekole is the shorter trail and when it ends the more dangerous parts begin.. typically most hike out and back on that shorter/safer trail. More experienced hikers might go past that and do the harder parts of the trails.

Edited to add: if she walked off at night, I doubt she would have went to this trail. This is open during the day and again it makes not sense for a 6 month pregnant girl to decide to go hike this trail at night, but I wanted to include this in my post because it is a possible way to get in/out if someone really wanted to and knew how.

If she walked off the base, I feel she would be seen on a camera somewhere.

If she was driven off base, I'd say it's possible she went unnoticed and unless they know what car to look for its possible she exited this way and doesn't want to be found.

The base is also lit well enough that even at night, it's not uncommon to see people walking in the housing areas. I often went for a walk once it was dark because street lights lit things enough and with it being hot during the day, I enjoyed walking once the sun went down.

I lived on Oahu until last summer. I lived on a different military base, but I've been on Schofield many times. There are several gates, but just 2 are open at night. This includes inbound and outbound traffic.

Schofield Barracks Gate Hours​

There are four gates to Schofield Barracks. All will require either a valid military/dependent ID or a visitor’s pass.
  • Lyman Gate -
    Main Gate - Open 24/7
  • Foote Gate -
    0500-2100 Daily
  • Macomb Gate -
    Monday through Friday 0500 to 1300 and 1600 to 1800 (outbound traffic only). Closed Holidays.
  • McNair Gate
    -

Open 24/7 (closed to outbound traffic Mon-Fri 0500-0630)
Thank you for the gate info. It appears more secure than I was thinking earlier. What is your opinion, justtrish, on how difficult would it be to walk off this base in the night without being challenged? Any places or gaps in the fencing likely for pedestrian pass through? You may ignore this. I just now saw your post concerning my questions.

People exiting the base do not need to show an ID or stop. They can drive off or walk off the base. I do believe all ACPs (access control points) have video cameras so this would be noted both entering and exiting.

justtrish, if one walks off the base, do they need any sort of keycard to open a gate to walk through?

I was just wondering, if so, if they’ve checked to see if such a keycard was missing from her belongings left at home.

Just thoughts.

Thank you for the gate info. It appears more secure than I was thinking earlier. What is your opinion, justtrish, on how difficult would it be to walk off this base in the night without being challenged? Any places or gaps in the fencing likely for pedestrian pass through? You may ignore this. I just now saw your post concerning my questions.
I've lived on many military bases in the last 20 years and I'd say it's always possible because no fence is always 100% secured. I doubt she'd climb it, but it is possible, even with barbed wire. People have done it. I'd say it's also possible a part of the fence could be damaged and someone could enter/exit. I really doubt that is what happened here though. If a person wants to walk off the base, they can. Many people do that because they don't have a car and if they Uber or call for a ride, they often need to meet the driver outside the gate unless that driver has base access. No guard would stop her, but I do think it would be video recorded and they would have a record of her leaving.

justtrish, if one walks off the base, do they need any sort of keycard to open a gate to walk through?

I was just wondering, if so, if they’ve checked to see if such a keycard was missing from her belongings left at home.

Just thoughts.
No the only places to walk off would be at a gate that was open to vehicle traffic and no ID is needed to exit. She would need her ID to enter again so that is odd if she did leave the base, she didn't take her purse/wallet with her ID to get back in. I will look on the pages I'm on to see if there is some walking gate that I don't know about, but to my knowledge, there is no gate that would require an ID to exit.

Oh dear. The fact they are offering a $10k reward suggests grave concern if I am interpreting that right.

Woman are at high risk for domestic violence when pregnant. Not accusing anyone of anything, just stating a known stat.

Where are you beautiful girl?

Amateur opinion and speculation

So just to add a few things based on my experience living on Oahu for almost 3 years.. Nothing is stated as fact here just my thoughts about the area and possible scenarios.

Schofield is more centrally located on the island. It is land locked, so not near the ocean. There is a fence that goes around the outer perimeter of the main base where the housing areas are and where the servicemembers typically work day to day, which makes it necessary to enter though one of the gates. They are all manned gates so all cars or pedestrians entering must show a military ID or they must enter through the gate where the visitor center is and they get a pass. The exception to this would be if a guest is entering with someone that has a military ID. Typically guests can just ride along in the car and unless there is a heightened threat level, no pass is needed for them. You as the ID card holder are vouching for the guest(s) while they are on the installation. Some based require a pass for anyone entering after a certain time (where I am now, it's 9pm).

There are also training areas on/near Schofield as well as hiking trails that start on the base and leave the base through the mountains the base backs up to. It is possible to hike out this way OR to hike in. It is a VERY difficult trail if someone wanted to do this, it would not be something the average person would/could do. There is a shorter trail that many do hike, but to go past that point out to the larger trail area, would require someone a bit more experienced. So I guess it's possible she could walk that trail and leave the base without being seen, but I'd say it's very unlikely due to the terrain. I'll link the all trails map of the area so you can look. Kolekole is the shorter trail and when it ends the more dangerous parts begin.. typically most hike out and back on that shorter/safer trail. More experienced hikers might go past that and do the harder parts of the trails.

Edited to add: if she walked off at night, I doubt she would have went to this trail. This is open during the day and again it makes not sense for a 6 month pregnant girl to decide to go hike this trail at night, but I wanted to include this in my post because it is a possible way to get in/out if someone really wanted to and knew how.

If she was driven off base, I'd say it's possible she went unnoticed and unless they know what car to look for its possible she exited this way and doesn't want to be found.

The base is also lit well enough that even at night, it's not uncommon to see people walking in the housing areas. I often went for a walk once it was dark because street lights lit things enough and with it being hot during the day, I enjoyed walking once the sun went down.
Thank you for your service.

I haven't seen any social media for her or her husband until this one. It seems she found her husband last summer.. it says she went and fell in love. I wonder how long they have been married. We know she is 6 months pregnant, but I wonder how long she's lived on base.
One of her TT video's says they married on her birthday 11/20/23. Also says the baby is due 12/4/24.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Misclicked
Back