Holly Bobo found deceased, discussion thread *Arrests* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Direct link to embedded video:

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/clip/11518835/more-charges-in-holly-bobo-case

After all these years, my heart still goes out to the Bobo family. This journey has been agonizing. As they begin the next chapter in obtaining #JusticeForHolly, I wish them the strength they will need to weather the storm.
92f739718fed4ffe0f7e769b4728c0b4.jpg

:candle:
:floating:
:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snippets from News Channel 5:

Dylan Adams Charged With Kidnapping, Murder In Holly Bobo Case

NewsChannel 5 has learned that Dylan Adams was indicted on additional charges after a special grand jury met Tuesday. He was already jailed on two counts of rape in the case.

It was not yet known what led to the new indictments.

Link: http://www.scrippsmedia.com/newscha...ping-Murder-In-Holly-Bobo-Case-304481611.html

Snippet from WKRN:

3rd person now charged in Holly Bobo’s disappearance, murder

In a statement to News 2 from special prosecutor Jennifer Nichols, she states, “Each have [sic] been indicted of the following charges in this investigation:

First degree murder in the perpetration of a felony, especially aggravated kidnapping,

first degree murder in the perpetration of a felony, to wit: aggravated rape and premeditated first degree murder.”

Link: http://wkrn.com/2015/05/20/3rd-person-now-charged-in-holly-bobos-disappearance-murder/

Snippets from the Jackson Sun:

Shelby County Deputy District Attorney Jennifer Nichols is the special prosecutor in the case. She confirmed that John Dylan Adams was indicted this week on charges of premeditated first-degree murder and murder in the perpetration of the aggravated kidnapping and aggravated rape of Holly Bobo.

The TBI declined comment on the new charges Wednesday.

Link: http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/new...third-man-charged-murder-holly-bobo/27679361/

:gaah: TBI declines comment ... and Surprise, Surprise :gaah: !

Respectfully snipped:
Mr Noatak said:
So many, many suspects, so much time to wait for disclosure of Prosecution Discovery evidence to the Defense……Is it just me, or does this case seem to be dragging on forever and ever? Why has nobody confessed and copped a plea-deal by this late date? Very odd. Could they be the wrong guys? And now, one critical potential witness has committed suicide….. and the kidnapper wore hippie leisure shoes?! Somehow, I had pictured laced-up black Army ankle-high leather boots.

First, I'm always glad to see you posting here! Always lots to chew on....
Your opening line "MY OPINIONS ONLY, NO FACTS HERE" stands out - can hear you saying it in my noggin, even though I have no idea of what you sound like...

What I quoted is so true. When I first read about the "crocs" I thought how strange to wear these, picturing bright orange ones, and figuring they are worn by people with foot problems. But, thanks to others here, I see I was wrong about that, and even surprised to see they come in camouflage.

Respectfully snipped:

Mr Noatak said:
A perpetrator does not toss extraneous physical evidence more than a mile or so from an abduction scene WHEN THE KIDNAPPED VICTIM IS STILL ALIVE AND WITH THEM.

Interesting point. Flies in the face of the "rule-of-three" I go on about whereby:
1) The victim is abducted from one location.
2) Victim's belonging (other evidence too) left (tossed out) at second location, often not far from abduction site.
3) Finally, victim left at third location, place perp feels comfortable/familiar with. Also this place is an opposite - meaning if belonging are tossed on land, body is left in water, and vice versa; or if belongings left outside, body is left inside somewhere...

Saw this take place a few cases, notable:
Mickey Shunick:
Abducted on land, knocked off her bicycle, and both her and bike were taken. Bike was dumped in water a distance away.
She was then buried in a grave yard.
Where she was buried was familiar to the ****, as he had gotten in trouble when young for digging up graveyard remains!

Haven't followed this case much. But am curious. Did the 3 guys know Holly Bobo? If they knew her, has it been said said why they would want to kill her? Were they high on drugs when this took place. Or was it a random killing. So many questions.
It's just so sad, can't imagine the pain her parents are having. She was a beautiful girl.

From WBBJ TV:

EIGHT COUNTS against ZA, JA and DA are listed below.
Portions snipped for space and BBM for emphasis :

FIRST COUNT:

That Zachary Rye Adams, Jason Wayne Autry, and John Dylan Adams , heretofore, to- whit: between April 12,2011 and September 8, 2014, before the finding of this indictment, In the County and State aforesaid, did unlawfully and with the intent to commit Kidnapping kill Holly Lynn Bobo in the perpetration of or the attempt to perpetrate Kidnapping, thereby committing the offense of First Degree Murder, in violation of T.C.A. 9-13-202, against the peace and dignity of the State of Tennessee.

SECOND COUNT:

That Zachary Rye Adams, Jason Wayne Autry, and John Dylan Adams ... did unlawfully and knowingly remove or confine Holly Lynn Bobo so as to interfere substantially with the liberty of the said Holly Lynn Bobo, and the removal and confinement was accomplished with a deadly weapon or by display of an article used or fashioned to lead the said Holly Lynn Bobo to reasonably believe the article to be a deadly weapon , thereby committing the offense of Especially Aggravated Kidnapping, in violation of T.C.A. 39-13-305, against the peace and dignity of the State of Tennessee.

THIRD COUNT:

That Zachary Rye Adams, Jason Wayne Autry, and John Dylan Adams ... did unlawfully and knowingly remove or confine Holly Lynn Bobo so as to interfere substantially with the liberty of the said Holly Lynn Bobo,and said Holly Lynn Bobo did suffer serious bodily injury, thereby committing the offense of Especially Aggravated Kidnapping, in violation of T.C.A. 39-13-305, against the peace and dignity of the State of Tennessee.

FOURTH COUNT:

That Zachary Rye Adams, Jason Wayne Autry, and John Dylan Adams ... did unlawfully and with the intent to commit Rape kill Holly Lynn Bobo in the perpetration of or the attempt to perpetrate Rape, thereby committing the offense of First degree Murder, in violation of T.C.A. 39-13-202, against the peace and dignity of the State of Tennessee.

FIFTH COUNT:

That Zachary Rye Adams, Jason Wayne Autry, and John Dylan Adams ... did unlawfully and intentionally, knowingly or recklessly sexually penetrate Holly Lynn Bobo by the use of force or coercion, while armed with a weapon or article used or fashioned on a manner to lead Holly Lynn Bobo reasonably to believe it to be a weapon, thereby committing the offense of Aggravated Rape, in violation of T.C.A. 39-13-502, against the peace and dignity of the State of Tennessee.

SIXTH COUNT:

That Zachary Rye Adams, Jason Wayne Autry, and John Dylan Adams ... did unlawfully and intentionally, knowingly or recklessly sexually penetrate and cause boldly injury to Holly Lynn Bobo, thereby committing the offense of Aggravated Rape, in violation of T.C.A. 39-13-502, against the peace and dignity of the State of Tennessee.

SEVENTH COUNT:

That Zachary Rye Adams, Jason Wayne Autry, and John Dylan Adams ... did unlawfully and intentionally, knowingly or recklessly sexually penetrate Holly Lynn Bobo by the use of force or coercion, while being aided and abetted by one or more other persons, thereby committing the offense of Aggravated Rape, in violation of T.C.A. 39-13-502, against the peace and dignity of the State of Tennessee.

EIGHTH COUNT:

That Zachary Rye Adams, Jason Wayne Autry, and John Dylan Adams ... did unlawfully, intentionally and with premeditation kill Holly Lynn Bobo, thereby committing the offense of Murder First Degree, in violation of T.C.A. 39-13-202, against the peace and dignity of the State of Tennessee.

Link: http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Bobo-Grand-Jury-Indictments-Released-304559521.html

From WBBJ TV:

Dylan Adams now faces first-degree murder and aggravated kidnapping charges, according to the indictments. Adams previously has been charged in the case with rape and tampering with evidence. He is being held in Weakley County.

Dylan Adams' brother, Zach Adams, and Jason Autry now face aggravated rape charges according to the indictments.

Zach Adams and Autry previously were charged early last year with first-degree murder and aggravated kidnapping in the April 2011 disappearance of the nursing student..

All three men are expected to be arraigned on the new charges on June 3rd, according to the Decatur County Court System.

Link: http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Bobo-Grand-Jury-Indictments-Released-304559521.html

From WBBJ TV:

Dylan Adams now faces first-degree murder and aggravated kidnapping charges, according to the indictments. Adams previously has been charged in the case with rape and tampering with evidence. He is being held in Weakley County.

Dylan Adams' brother, Zach Adams, and Jason Autry now face aggravated rape charges according to the indictments.

Zach Adams and Autry previously were charged early last year with first-degree murder and aggravated kidnapping in the April 2011 disappearance of the nursing student..

All three men are expected to be arraigned on the new charges on June 3rd, according to the Decatur County Court System.

I don't fully understand. Weren't Jason and Zach already indicted? Did they just indict them again or just add the rape charges? So what's the point of all this? To have charges to still hold them on in case the other ones get tossed on June 3rd?

FIRST COUNT:

That Zachary Rye Adams, Jason Wayne Autry, and John Dylan Adams , heretofore, to- whit: between April 12,2011 and September 8, 2014, before the finding of this indictment, In the County and State aforesaid, did unlawfully and with the intent to commit Kidnapping kill Holly Lynn Bobo in the perpetration of or the attempt to perpetrate Kidnapping, thereby committing the offense of First Degree Murder, in violation of T.C.A. 9-13-202, against the peace and dignity of the State of Tennessee.

SECOND COUNT:

That Zachary Rye Adams, Jason Wayne Autry, and John Dylan Adams ... did unlawfully and knowingly remove or confine Holly Lynn Bobo so as to interfere substantially with the liberty of the said Holly Lynn Bobo, and the removal and confinement was accomplished with a deadly weapon or by display of an article used or fashioned to lead the said Holly Lynn Bobo to reasonably believe the article to be a deadly weapon , thereby committing the offense of Especially Aggravated Kidnapping, in violation of T.C.A. 39-13-305, against the peace and dignity of the State of Tennessee.

THIRD COUNT:

That Zachary Rye Adams, Jason Wayne Autry, and John Dylan Adams ... did unlawfully and knowingly remove or confine Holly Lynn Bobo so as to interfere substantially with the liberty of the said Holly Lynn Bobo,and said Holly Lynn Bobo did suffer serious bodily injury, thereby committing the offense of Especially Aggravated Kidnapping, in violation of T.C.A. 39-13-305, against the peace and dignity of the State of Tennessee.

SEVENTH COUNT:

That Zachary Rye Adams, Jason Wayne Autry, and John Dylan Adams ... did unlawfully and intentionally, knowingly or recklessly sexually penetrate Holly Lynn Bobo by the use of force or coercion, while being aided and abetted by one or more other persons, thereby committing the offense of Aggravated Rape, in violation of T.C.A. 39-13-502, against the peace and dignity of the State of Tennessee.

EIGHTH COUNT:

That Zachary Rye Adams, Jason Wayne Autry, and John Dylan Adams ... did unlawfully, intentionally and with premeditation kill Holly Lynn Bobo, thereby committing the offense of Murder First Degree, in violation of T.C.A. 39-13-202, against the peace and dignity of the State of Tennessee.
<snipped & BBM
for focus>
http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Bobo-Grand-Jury-Indictments-Released-304559521.html

Roger L. Depue quote; "My work has given me a profound respect for what humans suffer at the hands of evil, and a particular sensitivity for what its victims endure. During every investigation that I participate in, there is always an invisible observer at my shoulder, whose presence I never forget. Regardless of the circumstances of a case, I am always giving voice to its silent victim.

What must this young girl’s final minutes have been like? Did she cry out while he was repeatedly stabbing her, or keep silent, breathing like a wounded animal, watching for the next glint of a blade? Did her thoughts turn to her parents in those final seconds, when she was overwhelmed by the deepest loneliness she had ever known? Did she experience a dissociative response, the sense of drifting upward and watching her own death as if from above? Or did she sink mercifully into unconsciousness, and feel nothing as her life ebbed away"?

________

Between Good and Evil is Roger L. Depue’s look back at a life spent apprehending criminals, especially serial killers, first as a small-town police chief, then an FBI-SWAT team member, Behavioral Sciences Unit chief, and a developer of revolutionary law enforcement programs.

The book also examines Depue’s experience studying with the Brothers of the Missionaries of the Holy Apostles in an attempt to discover why a good person like his wife, whom he had lost to cancer, is allowed to die while monstrous criminals get to live.

Following his time in the clergy, Depue returned to law-enforcement and today heads one of the world’s most elite think tanks; 'The Academy'..

Between Good and Evil: A Master Profiler's Hunt for Society's Most Violent Predators
http://criminalminds.wikia.com/wiki/Roger_L._Depue

Haven't followed this case much. But am curious. Did the 3 guys know Holly Bobo? If they knew her, has it been said said why they would want to kill her? Were they high on drugs when this took place. Or was it a random killing. So many questions.

It's just so sad, can't imagine the pain her parents are having. She was a beautiful girl.

It being a very small town, they definitely knew each other to some degree, but no evidence they ever ran in the same circles or spent any real time together. I think one theory (and perhaps the one being used by the prosecution) to explain how/why these three defendants might have done all of this (assuming they did) goes something like this:

- she was the pretty girl around town,
- they didn't particularly know her,
- they thought (real or imagined) she felt like she was out of their league, so to speak,
- so they grabbed her to prove they could have her (perhaps one or a combination of anger, desire for power, lust, drug-fueled aggressiveness, narcissism), and
- the murder simply was the ultimate end game, to discard her and cover up.

I don't fully understand. Weren't Jason and Zach already indicted? Did they just indict them again or just add the rape charges? So what's the point of all this? To have charges to still hold them on in case the other ones get tossed on June 3rd?

"Did they just indict them again or just add the rape charges? So what's the point of all this?" - That's a good question.

"To have charges to still hold them on in case the other ones get tossed on June 3rd?" - Maybe to some degree, but these new charges do appear to be duplicative in some areas.

[As an aside, imo it's unlikely the case does get tossed, because the judge has scolded the prosecution in court like a "by the book, or else" guy, but there have been no consequences. But who knows?]

Anyhow, if he shocks us and does toss what they were arrested on, for failure to disclose, he would do it "with prejudice" based on the failure to provide "due process" according to the law. ("With prejudice" means you don't get a do-over, and obviously a do-over is inappropriate when a defendant has had their rights violated.)

The "with prejudice" qualification means it would have the same effect as a "not guilty" verdict in relation to those charges from a year ago, and double jeopardy prohibitions would be part of the equation. They could, however, still be tried on charges for different crimes than those that were dismissed with prejudice.

"So what's the point of all this?"
- One possibility is that there was a problem in the wording in the original indictments. And they had to get a new set of indictments to clean it up. A problem in the wording might have to do with new evidence being discovered, or the evidence not fitting the indictment, or it could even have to do with a correlation to other charges. Maybe they needed to charge each of them as cooperating with the others, and/or needed to add players to kidnapping or rape or murder acts. Obviously that's just speculating.

Even though they have not yet produced the evidence, I have to ASSUME that there must be pretty strong evidence. Otherwise, they would not have been able to get a grand jury to indite. Right?! I mean, this case has taken FOREVER to move forward, and that has caused some to hesitate, but... I am going to err on the side of the prosecution at this point. I HAVE to believe that they have strong evidence.

:praying: Justice for Holly!

Even though they have not yet produced the evidence, I have to ASSUME that there must be pretty strong evidence. Otherwise, they would not have been able to get a grand jury to indite. Right?! I mean, this case has taken FOREVER to move forward, and that has caused some to hesitate, but... I am going to err on the side of the prosecution at this point. I HAVE to believe that they have strong evidence.

:praying: Justice for Holly!

God, I sure hope they've got evidence they're not showing us. Although, it takes next to nothing to get an indictment, so don't go by that. Ever heard the "ham sandwich" saying? It's true. You can indict just about anyone. There isn't necessarily more than the almost nothing that we've seen. They may have just shown the grand jury the confession by Dylan and the untested dusty blonde hair and that's it. At this point I don't even care if they're guilty. The prosecution is violating their rights in such a massive way. You can't hold someone in prison for a year without producing any evidence. You can't play a round robin game of dropping charges right before hearing so you don't have to ante up, then recharging with something else to keep them locked up. There's a reason we have these rights and prosecutors don't have the right to manipulate the situation to avoid giving defendants these rights. Prosecutorial misconduct does not sit well with me, regardless of whether they're guilty or not.

'Guess, it was to dot all the I's, cross all the T's, and correct all the spelling in the original indictments, Bali'..

<snipped & BBM for focus> http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Bobo-Grand-Jury-Indictments-Released-304559521.html

SIXTH COUNT:

That Zachary Rye Adams, Jason Wayne Autry, and John Dylan Adams ... did unlawfully and intentionally, knowingly or recklessly sexually penetrate and cause boldly injury to Holly Lynn Bobo, thereby committing the offense of Aggravated Rape, in violation of T.C.A. 39-13-502, against the peace and dignity of the State of Tennessee.

God, I sure hope they've got evidence they're not showing us. Although, it takes next to nothing to get an indictment, so don't go by that. Ever heard the "ham sandwich" saying? It's true. You can indict just about anyone. There isn't necessarily more than the almost nothing that we've seen. They may have just shown the grand jury the confession by Dylan and the untested dusty blonde hair and that's it. At this point I don't even care if they're guilty. The prosecution is violating their rights in such a massive way. You can't hold someone in prison for a year without producing any evidence. You can't play a round robin game of dropping charges right before hearing so you don't have to ante up, then recharging with something else to keep them locked up. There's a reason we have these rights and prosecutors don't have the right to manipulate the situation to avoid giving defendants these rights. Prosecutorial misconduct does not sit well with me, regardless of whether they're guilty or not.

Imo, they've got a treasure trove of evidence that they're not showing us. In virtually every case that I have ever followed, that wasn't tried in the news. There always seemed to be a lack of damning convictable evidence up until the first day of trial. In spite of the TBI's incompetence and lack of leadership, imo. After three years into the investigation, once the dominoes began to fall on the A Team, the information and evidence would have began to mount up, imo. Once all the players were locked up, the folks in the community were no longer in fear of retribution.. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viki Cowan