Holly Bobo, missing from TN 2014 discussion #1 ***ARREST***

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't they find Holly's blood in the yard? Something had to happen to cause that. Maybe she got hit in the nose or cut with a knife. That would encourage me to comply with the kidnapper.

There was a puddle of blood found (the size of the puddle has never been disclosed) but I think it was a small amount since they didn't find any blood trail going into the woods. Her dad said it had been determined it was Holly's blood.

It was in the garage where Clint saw the person and Holly kneeling down. He is known to use a knife on others so I think you are right and he cut her with the knife.

imo

I never thought it had anything to do with drugs either. Imo, this was a sexually motivated crime. It isn't shocking to learn her kidnapper and killer turnout to be deep into drugs.

oceanblueeyes, meth increases labido and is the common denominator in many, if not most slight acquaintance/stranger sexual predator abduction/murders since the CA speed freak killers of the 1980s;

<snipped & BBM>
The Speed Freak Killers is the name given to serial killer duo Loren Herzog and Wesley Shermantine, together initially convicted of four murders &#8212; three jointly &#8212; and suspected in the deaths of as many as 72 people in and around San Joaquin County, California.

They received the "speed freak" moniker due to their methamphetamine abuse
. As of 2013 Shermantine is on death row. Herzog committed suicide in 2012; his conviction had been overturned in 2004, and had been paroled in 2010. Bones recovered in 2012 from an abandoned well have been positively linked to the killings...

Effects of Methamphetamine

http://treatmentformethamphetamine.com/effects-of-methamphetamine/
The psychological effects of methamphetamine can include euphoria, anxiety, increased libido, alertness, concentration, increased energy, increased self-esteem, self-confidence, sociability, irritability, aggressiveness, psychosomatic disorders, psycho motor agitation, dermatillomania (compulsive skin picking), hair pulling, delusions of grandiosity, hallucinations, excessive feelings of power and invincibility, repetitive and obsessive behaviors, paranoia, and &#8211; with chronic use and/or high doses &#8211; amphetamine psychosis.

When a person ceases to use meth, they experience withdrawal. Withdrawal symptoms of methamphetamine primarily consist of fatigue, depression, and increased appetite. Symptoms may last for days with occasional use and weeks or months with chronic use, with severity dependent on the length of time and the amount of methamphetamine used. Withdrawal symptoms may also include anxiety, irritability, headaches, agitation, restlessness, excessive sleeping, vivid or lucid dreams, deep REM sleep, and suicidal ideation.

'Suicidal ideation; one of the symptoms of chronic meth use withdrawal, should be a primary concern by investigators and correction officers in ZA's pretrial incarceration, imo. Two fairly recent arrests and incarcerations of two sadistic psychopaths ended in suicides; Ariel Castro & serial killer Israel Keyes. Many unanswered questions were selfishly taken to the grave with them..

I am not a local (live about an hour away), and can shed no light on the family in this case, but I don't think ZA's "getting away with" so many crimes necessarily has anything to do with family influence. I have a family member who was left disabled after being hit head-on by a driver high on meth. This guy has a rap sheet a mile long - very reminiscent of ZA. Prior to 2009, he had never served more than a few months for any crime (a few weeks was more the norm). He was sentenced to several years in my relative's case - he served 5 months. :banghead: He was sentenced to 20 years in 2009 for another vehicular-related accident, and was paroled yet again last month. :banghead::banghead: He is a ticking time bomb. It is absolutely impossible for him to have had any monetary or political influence on authorities - he and his family are all a bunch of drugged up losers. I think this, and ZA's situation as well, are simply representative of the way our current justice system in TN has chosen to deal with the meth problem - basically, do nothing and hope the criminals overdose themselves soon. It has to change, things cannot go on this way any longer.

I have considered that maybe the man in my relative's case and/or ZA could either 1.) be an informant of some sort and keeps getting released as reward for that, or 2.) be working in drug distribution for someone within the justice system. Nothing would surprise me honestly.

I agree with you 100%. I am sorry for your family member and the situation you are left with in dealing with the outcome.

I am still working on ZA's criminal timeline of arrests, convictions, sentences and outcomes of actual time served. It is not complete. TN is not very transparent on court proceedings, at least to the general public IMO. Most of the information I am finding you have to pay for, which means I cannot use it here. So IMO.

I believe the point that TBI was trying to make to the Senate is that the state does not take Meth Manufacturing/Use etc. as seriously as they should. I think much of what he stated was edited and taken out of context.

In my opinion, the Judge and District attorney service several small counties and do not live locally, so I believe the whole concept of who has the "juice" is not relevant in this case. I believe it is the "attitude" that the Judicial system there has when it comes to repeat offenders of Meth=Violence.

I have not seen the text from his entire speech. But I believe LE has attended enough crime scenes and calls to know that when METH is an ingredient the outcomes are not good .

One of my best friends is on the Police Dept. here. He has told me many times that second to a Domestic Violence call, METH users are second to the worse. He says they will use ANYTHING as a weapon, and will not think twice about assaulting a police officer. He says when they are "hopped up" on METH they just don't care.

Just my observations and opinions.

If her nose was bleeding, it would be drops...not a puddle. I don't think he would just nick her with the knife. He would stab her or he would not.

I don't believe drug use can be used and I read a statement from the TBI yesterday they do not know if ZA was even on meth at the time he kidnapped and murdered Holly.

It will be irrelevant just like alcohol usage doesn't diminish the charge when someone gets out and kills people in a vehicle when they are DUI.

I am not sure they are out of their mind either. This man has long been known for being a very violent individual. It is his violent ways that made him capable of doing something this horrendous. It wasn't the drugs ....it was what resided inside of him all along and it came out in full force when he kidnapped and murdered Holly.
IMO
Well of course they don't know if he was on drugs at the time, that is going to be hard to prove. It sounded like he was a "known" dealer in the community and his drug use ran deep. That's just the impression I got from following the case.

Meth isn't like being on "other drugs". It complete changes who you are. The violence may have been in him, but the meth also may have really brought it out of him.

You look at his history at the other hand, and it was really a matter of time before someone got killed one way or another by him. He was definitely a dangerous individual. In a way, it's great that he has such a history, hopefully it will help make this case a slam dunk.

There was a puddle of blood found (the size of the puddle has never been disclosed) but I think it was a small amount since they didn't find any blood trail going into the woods. Her dad said it had been determined it was Holly's blood.

It was in the garage where Clint saw the person and Holly kneeling down. He is known to use a knife on others so I think you are right and he cut her with the knife.

imo

I found a quote about that last night, on CNN's website. It was:

KRISTEN HELM, SPOKESWOMAN, TENNESSEE BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION: There was a small amount of blood at the scene where she was taken from. That blood has been sent to the Memphis Crime Lab to be analyzed. We don`t know now if it`s related to this case at all or whose it is.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1108/04/ijvm.01.html

Based on the TBI's description of it, it might be more accurate to call it a spot or stain, rather than a pool or puddle.

With this thread almost full and a suspect arrested and charged, wouldn't this be would be good time to move over and start a new thread in the Crimes and Trials section - "Zachary Adams Murder of Holly Bobo"

In 2010 TN was the Meth capitol of the USA & Decatur county, TN was the county with the highest number of illegal meth lab busts... In the first two weeks of the Holly Bobo search a very high number of meth labs were located.. Many Decatur county citizens were unaware of the meth epidemic due to the lack of awareness provided by LE via local ms media, imo.
The Holly Bobo tragic abduction/murder was the catalyst for the increased awareness of this silent plague in their community.. 'Silence is the predator's most lethal weapon'...

http://www.methfreetn.org/news/news/2011/06/02/tenn-overtakes-mo-in-meth-lab-seizures-busts.187730

Tenn. Overtakes Mo. In Meth Lab Seizures, Busts
6/2/2011 8:22 pm
Data from state officials shows Tennessee has surpassed Missouri in the number of meth lab busts and seizures for the first time since 2003.

The Missouri State Highway Patrol said the state had 1,960 meth lab incidents in 2010. That's a 10 percent increase over the previous year.

But Tennessee Methamphetamine Task Force director Tom Farmer said Tuesday that his state had 2,082 incidents, up 41 percent from a year ago.
<sniped - read more>

I can see the defense turning this into Clint on trial if they can.

"You thought it was drew, right?"

"You never heard any signs of distress, right?"

"You didn't chase, right?"

"You thought you saw a turkey, right?"

"You never heard a scream, did you?

On and on and on....

He will absolutely be in the hot seat by the defense. Hopefully the prosecution will prepare him well in advance.

With this thread almost full and a suspect arrested and charged, wouldn't this be would be good time to move over and start a new thread in the Crimes and Trials section - "Zachary Adams Murder of Holly Bobo"

No I prefer it here in the Hot Cases but I'm not a mod. Lol.

Clint will do just fine. Clint is a victim in this case as well and any defense attorney that has a brain the size of a gnat knows it can backfire big time on the defense if they badger a family member of the victim. Especially one who is meek, mild, and shy, and an all around nice guy.

The defense wouldn't be able to use anything against the entire Bobo family. None of them have any criminal past and all are known as upstanding citizens in their community. Something ZA doesn't have.

Clint will answer truthfully and will be allowed to explain why he didn't do certain things and the DA isn't going to stand by and let CB be badgered either.

IMO

He will need a lot of preparation. Look at how many times we've scratched our heads. The first thing they need to work on is the timeline. The second is the eyewitness account. Did he think it was Drew? Why was it changed to a cousin later on?

Just some examples of discrepancies that may pop up and be prepared for.

Do y'all (in my best Canuck southern accent) think the defence will request a change of venue?

If her nose was bleeding, it would be drops...not a puddle. I don't think he would just nick her with the knife. He would stab her or he would not.

"I will gut you like a fish and hang you from a tree", Quote by ZA.. Imo, ZA would have used physical violence to gain compliance, and only used his knife if she failed to comply. Once the decision was made to abduct HB. ZA knew he couldn't let her live, to testify against him..

The first rule of prey of an experienced sexual predator is to gain compliance of their unsuspecting victim...

We are not moving the thread to Crimes. The next move will be Awaiting Trial, but I'm waiting to see if Holly is found soon first.

In 2010 TN was the Meth capitol of the USA & Decatur county, TN was the county with the highest number of illegal meth lab busts... In the first two weeks of the Holly Bobo search a very high number of meth labs were located.. Many Decatur county citizens were unaware of the meth epidemic due to the lack of awareness provided by LE via local ms media, imo.
The Holly Bobo tragic abduction/murder was the catalyst for the increased awareness of this silent plague in their community.. 'Silence is the predator's most lethal weapon'...

http://www.methfreetn.org/news/news/2011/06/02/tenn-overtakes-mo-in-meth-lab-seizures-busts.187730

Tenn. Overtakes Mo. In Meth Lab Seizures, Busts
6/2/2011 8:22 pm
Data from state officials shows Tennessee has surpassed Missouri in the number of meth lab busts and seizures for the first time since 2003.

The Missouri State Highway Patrol said the state had 1,960 meth lab incidents in 2010. That's a 10 percent increase over the previous year.

But Tennessee Methamphetamine Task Force director Tom Farmer said Tuesday that his state had 2,082 incidents, up 41 percent from a year ago.
<sniped - read more>

Or was it Mo. ?

http://laist.com/2011/04/28/drug_deaths_down_in_san_diego_socal.php

I think there's some awareness of the meth problem. We own a vacation cottage in a wooded area and had to work with LE to drive the meth addicts away from a sandy-beach type area behind. It's really a scourge, especially in the more rural areas.

Do y'all (in my best Canuck southern accent) think the defence will request a change of venue?

It wouldn't surprise me. This is wall to wall news here in Mid-TN - if the defense has any brains, they'll know how much the case against ZA in the media plays into stereotypes about meth freaks. MOO :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!