Holly Bobo, missing from TN 2014 discussion #2 ***ARREST***

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and people focus on the fact of this arrest, but to me it is more significant that he bonded out on $12500.00 I believe actually the day before Holly's abduction.

Where did he get the money?

Makes me absolutely nuts thinking about our poor system of justice and the pathetic excuses we have for many of the public servants here in TN (the state legislature rules on what punishment to mete out - or not - for serious crimes in TN). Well remember a case I was following where a drunk driver went the wrong way on the interstate near downtown Nashville, hit a poor girl head on and killed her. I think she got two years. Two years! And she probably won't even serve all of that. They did suspend her driver's license for ten years allegedly, but I'd be amazed if she doesn't have it back early due to some technicality.

Edit: Ah, here's the case: http://www.wkrn.com/story/20117045/rebecca-benson-court

~n/t~, ZA was a property owner. He inherited his dad's home.. A Surety bond is only 10% of the bail amount..

http://www.aabondingcompany.com/faq.htm

When an individual is arrested for a crime in the State of Tennessee, typically that person will be taken to a local law enforcement station for booking, prior to incarceration in a station lock-up or county jail. Once arrested and booked, the defendant has several options for release pending the conclusion of his or her case.
There are five basic release options available. The five options are:

Cash Bail
Surety Bond
Property Bond
Release on Own Recognizance (O.R.)
Release on Citation (Cite Out)

Property Bond

Property Bond - In rare cases an individual may be released by posting a property bond with the court. With a property bond, the court records a lien on the property to secure the bail amount. If the defendant fails to appear in court as scheduled, the court may foreclose on the property to obtain the forfeited bail amount. The property must be 1 1/2 times the bond amount AND must be accompanied by a title search. The property must be free of all encumbrances.

two possibilities:

1) they could have evidence indicating they won't find a body (disposed of in a manner to preclude finding any remains)

2) they could have enough evidence for a likely conviction without a body and are hoping the discovery phase of the case might open opportunities for finding the body (i.e. - they've searched everywhere and are hoping something that comes up during pre-trial will give them more places to look).

it could be neither of these but i wouldn't be surprised if it was #2. i also do not think they've found any remains or the family would be preparing a memorial. i've never heard of a case where remains were found and that information wasn't made public.

I know this is hard to even think about and to consider but we have to realize ZA has had three years of freedom and could have easily put Holly's body in a burn pit and the remains may have been burned over and over again leaving nothing but ashes now.

Remember the Cesar Lauren case? He too put ML in a burn pit after he murdered her. Parts of her body had burned up completely but the thing is he did not have a chance to burn the remains up for three long years like ZA has had.

I don't think #2 is it. There have been many missing body cases but in those case I have never seen a DA at the first initial PC to announce the arrest of the suspect say they are considering the death penalty.

Since death penalty cases have to have more evidence in them imo than other cases, it proves to me they did find some partial remains (tissue/bone fragments/ashes/brain matter etc.) belonging to Holly. Remains that will refute the defense attorneys coming out with the silly notion that Holly will be coming through the door at any minute, alive and well. That is what the DT usually uses.:banghead:

While many missing body cases have ended in convictions, I cant remember one case off hand if the death penalty was on the table with the body/partial remains or otherwise wasn't found.

Now I have seen them be convicted of LWOP on the CE presented when they never recovered any of the remains and don't even have any forensic evidence showing when and how the victim was even killed but those weren't death penalty that I can recall. The DAs know it is hard for a jury to give someone the death penalty without a body and this DA certainly knows it too.

I would bet my checking account that he has irrefutable proof that Holly has been murdered and that is why NOW the Bobos know she is in Heaven.

They have found some or all of Holly's remains imo.

JMO though

Anyway, VOLUNTARY INTOXICATION is not a viable defense in any state as far as I know.

It isn't that I am aware of either. Illegal drugs of any kind is a CHOICE made by the person who CHOSE to take it. Just like it is a choice made by the drunk driver to get in his or her vehicle and drive while voluntarily intoxicated.

Being a strung out meth addict is not going to save him.

I am sure there will be some jurors on the jury that have had their own personal experiences with someone ruining their lives by using Meth or some other drug as a drug of choice.

Uhhhhhh murder charges would more or less cement it... And yes I am sure the parents have been told much more than we have (we know they were told things ahead of the big press conference where the charges were announced).

As a mother of five myself, simply filing murder charges wouldn't 'cement' it for me. Not by a longshot. I would have to be told what irrefutable proof they have to know for certain my child is deceased.

I agree, the Bobos do know way more than we know. They know Holly is dead and they have been told by LE why they know this to be true.

IMO

People on Meth can have "tunnel vision" when they embark on a specific task, to the point of obsession. Unless they are predisposed to psychosis, they will carry out what ever catches their fancy to the most minute detail.
Examples:
Meth head decides to clean the kitchen floor......becomes an all day task to the point of using a toothbrush to clean the corners and next to the floor boards.
Tweaker decides to tear down their motorcycle engine.......give them 12 hours and it's nothing but nuts, bolts, gaskets, and the few pieces that can't be stripped down any further.
A crank fiend notices a black head on their face, spends 4 hours at the bathroom mirror "popping" pores they "think" are black heads. (notice the sores on almost all tweakers' faces?)
Throw in a criminal endeavor and they'll have it planned for every conceivable disruption. There's always Plan B, C, D, etc. Part of that has to do with a touch of drug induced paranoia.

Reduced Comment for space by RUK:

Hi Bernina,

I think you and I are on the same page when it comes to a Meth defense.

I do have a question for you When I said" he could not be whacked out on crack because there was too much planning" I was referring to the act being planned days , weeks, months ahead of time. The examples you give seem to indicate that in the course of a Meth addicts obsession to do something , ie-clean kitchen, strip a bike, he will be obsessed with the task at hand. To me that would back up my theory of Holly's kidnapping not being something he would just get in his head , say passing by and seeing her. In that case she would be taken apart methodically as an obsessed Meth head would take apart a bike. (pardon the comparison).

Meth heads are obsessive "in the Moment" but the "Planning" of an act is NOT obsessively thought out prior to the act. Am I making sense????
So this is why my theory points to him NOT being under the influence of Meth. Which of course is now a moot issue since many here say the DA would never use his being a user as an excuse.

This is MOO. You seem to understand the Meth addicts behavior better than me, so that is why I ask you if my assumption would be correct.

Thanks,
RUK

I'm confused. Are we talking about ZA bonding out or his friend, Moody. I'm interested in Moody. Did he bond out before Holly's abduction? He's obviously into drugs....and is a sex offender in both TN and FL.

I'm confused. Are we talking about ZA bonding out or his friend, Moody. I'm interested in Moody. Did he bond out before Holly's abduction? He's obviously into drugs....and is a sex offender in both TN and FL.

I was referring to ZA . He apparently bonded out allegedly the day before Holly was kidnapped. The amount was $12500.00. I'll have to ask the poster for a link. I don't think one was provided. I wondered where he got the cash and most importantly if it was indeed the day before Holly's abduction.

I have no idea where Moody is or if he was in TN at the time. I believe his sex related charges had to do with a minor if I read his arrest record properly.

Yes, and people focus on the fact of this arrest, but to me it is more significant that he bonded out on $12500.00 I believe actually the day before Holly's abduction.

Hi, can you please provide a link for this info. Thanks.

Shef now I understand why you're confused. I thought the poster was referring to ZA. Hopefully they will clarify.

This is the article regarding ZA's bonding that was linked earlier in the thread. I have read that he actually bonded out the day before Holly's abduction. But that articles was not MSM, therefor did not link here. Which is why I stated "I believe". In so much that I cannot find a public access to these records I'm not sure which is fact.

Apparently, this article says he bonded out the day after the arrest but was in court the day before her abduction. I have read conflicting articles on this. But at any rate, this states he was in court the day before.

I am just hearing the name RM so I do not know other than being arrested with ZA how he figures into this case.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20140316/NEWS01/303160005/Why-wasn-t-Zachary-Adams-behind-bars-

This is the article regarding ZA's bonding that was linked earlier in the thread. I have read that he actually bonded out the day before Holly's abduction. But that articles was not MSM, therefor did not link here. Which is why I stated "I believe". In so much that I cannot find a public access to these records I'm not sure which is fact.

I am just hearing the name RM so I do not know other than being arrested with ZA how he figures into this case.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20...s-behind-bars-

The link doesn't work for some reason.

Topix.

If you haven't looked at Topix regarding this case, you might want to take a peek. You can use your brower's search engine and put in Holly's name and Topix and you'll be there. Last time I looked, there were over 7000 posts regarding this case. Some of the comments are in line with the arrests, and many (from prior) have been completely inaccurate. There's gossip, rumor, speculation and fact. How do we discern one from the other? We can't. And that's why we don't allow Topix to be a source link.

For those of us who are reading over there, please remember that when we post here, we need to keep our information focused on MSM and LE information. That's just how we roll on Websleuths.
:tyou:

Long time lurker on HB thread. I read over yonder a few days ago and yikes!!! So glad that isn't allowed here. Keeping the Bobo's in my prayers.

Reduced Comment for space by RUK:

Hi Bernina,

I think you and I are on the same page when it comes to a Meth defense.

I do have a question for you When I said" he could not be whacked out on crack because there was too much planning" I was referring to the act being planned days , weeks, months ahead of time. The examples you give seem to indicate that in the course of a Meth addicts obsession to do something , ie-clean kitchen, strip a bike, he will be obsessed with the task at hand. To me that would back up my theory of Holly's kidnapping not being something he would just get in his head , say passing by and seeing her. In that case she would be taken apart methodically as an obsessed Meth head would take apart a bike. (pardon the comparison).

Meth heads are obsessive "in the Moment" but the "Planning" of an act is NOT obsessively thought out prior to the act. Am I making sense????
So this is why my theory points to him NOT being under the influence of Meth. Which of course is now a moot issue since many here say the DA would never use his being a user as an excuse.

This is MOO. You seem to understand the Meth addicts behavior better than me, so that is why I ask you if my assumption would be correct.

Thanks,
RUK

Unfortunately, my experience is from personal use during 1979, 1980, between the age of 18-19, and usage by my first and 2nd ex-husbands. When I was married at 18, my 1st ex and I lived with the Chapter President of the Hell's Angels in San Jose. He had a "lab" in his basement. Like many other people, I was self medicating, and was fortunate that I found myself pregnant and quit cold turkey. I don't know why I thought it was important to stop, but I did, and I know that decision saved my life. I was probably just weeks from possibly shooting the drug, instead of snorting, had a pretty good "death wish going on", and it was real easy to do another line when I started coming down because the drug was free.
1st ex was a Marine, multi felon, who's forte was burglary. He vacillated between Heroin and Meth/Crank. He would stake out a home for days in advance before he hit it. His MO was signature, and so well thought out, LE only knew that the same individual was doing these specific burglaries. The only time he got caught is when he got sloppy. He got sloppy when he was strung out or spun out. A multi agency task force in Phoenix and the surrounding areas "cleared" over 150 break ins over an 18 month period when they agreed to drop charges on a strong arm drug burn if he drove around with them and pointed out the houses he hit, what was taken and where the items went. One detective commented that my ex kept the alarm system companies booming.
Blah. I have to believe there's a reason why I lived through this. Live, learn, and don't repeat the same mistakes.:facepalm: Just going to mention I've been "clean" for over 33 years, been there, done that....

ZA shows planning with the attempted abduction of Sullivan, learns from his mistakes, re-evaluates his "plans", and makes the necessary changes. He's been using meth for so long that he knows what his tolerance is and can function. There's a damn good possibility he drew maps and noted times when people came and went from HB's home, part of the "busy work" of a tweaker.

This explains the pearl theft. It was well thought out, probably had nothing pointing in his direction, but either someone "snitched" to get a reduced sentence on an unrelated charge, or ZA's crew went outside their territory, angered another "crew", and someone dropped a "dime" on him.
^ that's my view of that situation, I think with the multiple charges ZA acquired over many years, he had friends in "High Places" and for the most part, was untouchable^

Does that make sense?

Unfortunately, my experience is from personal use during 1979, 1980, between the age of 18-19, and usage by my first and 2nd ex-husbands. When I was married at 18, my 1st ex and I lived with the Chapter President of the Hell's Angels in San Jose. He had a "lab" in his basement. Like many other people, I was self medicating, and was fortunate that I found myself pregnant and quit cold turkey. I don't know why I thought it was important to stop, but I did, and I know that decision saved my life. I was probably just weeks from possibly shooting the drug, instead of snorting, had a pretty good "death wish going on", and it was real easy to do another line when I started coming down because the drug was free.
1st ex was a Marine, multi felon, who's forte was burglary. He vacillated between Heroin and Meth/Crank. He would stake out a home for days in advance before he hit it. His MO was signature, and so well thought out, LE only knew that the same individual was doing these specific burglaries. The only time he got caught is when he got sloppy. He got sloppy when he was strung out or spun out. A multi agency task force in Phoenix and the surrounding areas "cleared" over 150 break ins over an 18 month period when they agreed to drop charges on a strong arm drug burn if he drove around with them and pointed out the houses he hit, what was taken and where the items went. One detective commented that my ex kept the alarm system companies booming.
Blah. I have to believe there's a reason why I lived through this. Live, learn, and don't repeat the same mistakes.:facepalm: Just going to mention I've been "clean" for over 33 years, been there, done that....

ZA shows planning with the attempted abduction of Sullivan, learns from his mistakes, re-evaluates his "plans", and makes the necessary changes. He's been using meth for so long that he knows what his tolerance is and can function. There's a damn good possibility he drew maps and noted times when people came and went from HB's home, part of the "busy work" of a tweaker.

This explains the pearl theft. It was well thought out, probably had nothing pointing in his direction, but either someone "snitched" to get a reduced sentence on an unrelated charge, or ZA's crew went outside their territory, angered another "crew", and someone dropped a "dime" on him.
^ that's my view of that situation, I think with the multiple charges ZA acquired over many years, he had friends in "High Places" and for the most part, was untouchable^

Does that make sense?

BBM

Can someone please explain this to me? TIA

As a mother of five myself, simply filing murder charges wouldn't 'cement' it for me. Not by a longshot. I would have to be told what irrefutable proof they have to know for certain my child is deceased.

I agree, the Bobos do know way more than we know. They know Holly is dead and they have been told by LE why they know this to be true.

IMO

And I don't know why people insist there is no proof/not any proof. I am pretty sure there is. And by this time, the family knows it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member